(Woudenberg, 90th + 2): came on at the end of the match
(Boutoutatou, 76th): disappointing, lost a few hot balls
(Lilepo, 85th): also disappointing
(Antoine, 76th): no opinion

image.thumb.png.ea133f8e30a387ea3222bf3e96fbe632.png

Thanks for the write-up 👍🏻 

• Like 2

On 17/08/2024 at 10:14, Bad Wolf said:

Great news - Hopefully they can be promoted this season. I like that we have this little network. I know a lot of tradionalists probably aren't that keen but it has it's perks.

I wish us all the best and, why not, a return to Ligue 2. Of course, there's a championship to play for first.

I also love these exchanges with you. Before the takeover, I had never exchanged so much with you, our British neighbours, and I even came to see you, something I probably wouldn't have done without the takeover by Sport Republic.

Timeshare isn't always popular but I think there are some advantages.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2024 at 09:07, ChristopheVAFC said:

From my point of view.

Jean Louchet: Very good match
Joachim Kayi Sanda: Reassuring, good match
Jordan Poha: Correct
Bakaye Dibassy (cpl.): Good but can still do better
Lucas Buades: Experience, good match
Remy Boissier: Good player, never gave up
Julien Masson: a level below yesterday, did the best he could
Biany Mpata Lama: interesting
Jovinho Flamarion: decent
Mathias Oyewusi: also correct
Nick Venema: very good and scored a goal

-------------------

(Moursou, 76th): no opinion
(Woudenberg, 90th + 2): came on at the end of the match
(Boutoutatou, 76th): disappointing, lost a few hot balls
(Lilepo, 85th): also disappointing
(Antoine, 76th): no opinion

image.thumb.png.ea133f8e30a387ea3222bf3e96fbe632.png

It's not clear enough to see his name, but number 59 looks like he could be an awesome central defender.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

On ne voit pas assez clairement son nom, mais le numéro 59 semble indiquer qu'il pourrait être un excellent défenseur central.

They are: Manga Foe Ondoa:

ICONSPORT_188130_0260-scaled-e1719564628130.thumb.jpg.52bbae87e6503f1a932c612e6812b6ae.jpg

But his situation with us is complicated at the moment...

Press article dated 28 June:

Former Ligue 2 player Manga Foé Ondoa turns down a professional contract with VAFC and quits the first team

It's the story of yet another mess being made in Le Hainaut, where Valenciennes have resumed training after being relegated from Ligue 2 to the national side. Although VAFC were counting on Manga Foé Ondoa, one of the surprise packages of the 2023-2024 season, which has been so complicated in the league, according to Ahmed Kantari in La Voix du Nord, the 18-year-old midfielder has turned down offers to sign a professional contract with his parent club. As a result, the coach has decided not to call him up and to leave him available to the reserve team, as the player born in 2005 still has a one-year trainee contract.

His coach thinks very highly of his midfielder but cannot envisage a player who refuses to make a commitment, clearly wanting to go elsewhere, in his squad for much longer: ‘For many weeks, many months even, we've been asking him to continue with us. He hasn't said yes, so it's because he doesn't want to be with the pros [...]. Maybe playing in the French national team isn't the stuff of dreams for Messi or Ronaldo, but playing there for a full season can be part of a young player's development. It remains to be seen how the situation will evolve, because if a Ligue 2 club (see above) offers Valenciennes a severance package, the Nordic outfit are unlikely to be able to refuse.

On 17/08/2024 at 04:42, Nolan said:

Goztepe started with the same formation last weekend. Is it purely coincidental?

I read somewhere that sports republic gets its 3 clubs coaching teams together quite regularly so they can share idea's etc so one would assume they would like all clubs playing a similar way across the group and within each teams hierarchy.

If we have 3 clubs playing the same way across all age groups then players can move quickly across clubs without the infamous "learning" phase.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Surely we should be loaning out a few players to Valenciennes, not just Gotzepe...?

I guess Valenciennes needs experienced players now rather than being a position to send younger players over.

Maybe next year "when" they get promoted they might be in a position for some Brazilians.

54 minutes ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

They are: Manga Foe Ondoa:

ICONSPORT_188130_0260-scaled-e1719564628130.thumb.jpg.52bbae87e6503f1a932c612e6812b6ae.jpg

But his situation with us is complicated at the moment...

this has agent involvement written all over it.

He's 18, will play every game and at a club that looks like it is about to start an upwards curve to ligue 1  over the coming years.

Ok I will go back to another thread now I am caught up :lol:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sfc4prem said:

Surely we should be loaning out a few players to Valenciennes, not just Gotzepe...?

I think there will be loans, probably this winter or next summer.

SR's first year at VAFC laid the foundations for the project, and this year it will already be simpler and more coherent.

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

this has agent involvement written all over it.

He's 18, will play every game and at a club that looks like it is about to start an upwards curve to ligue 1  over the coming years.

Ok I will go back to another thread now I am caught up :lol:

There are the interests of the club and SR, and there are also the interests of the player and his agent...

It's always a shame to see conflicts between the two parties, but hey... That's today's football business, you might say...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

I read somewhere that sports republic gets its 3 clubs coaching teams together quite regularly so they can share idea's etc so one would assume they would like all clubs playing a similar way across the group and within each teams hierarchy.

If we have 3 clubs playing the same way across all age groups then players can move quickly across clubs without the infamous "learning" phase.

From what I hear, SR centralises the performances of all the players from the three clubs, and the data is analysed and compared internally.

I know that they work hard and do their best to get the three teams into the best possible shape.

• Like 1

SR goals, like in any multi-properties business model in Football, is to get Southampton FC at the highest ranking possible in the EPL, and for the satellite clubs to produce revenues and players for it. Lets not kid ourselves , the only ambition VAFC can hope for, is to be the top of the Satellite club in the SR galaxy. i.e. remain in the shadow and be sloppy second at best :)

It's completely crazy what's happening tonight, 40 minutes after Valenciennes' equaliser, a supporter falls on the side of the stand, as in the photo below.

Capture02.thumb.PNG.7a1c8bc6131060418a9db2e97d3677f8.PNG

At half-time, in the refreshment room, a chip fire breaks out behind the goals...

Capture01.thumb.PNG.ade7d5957e99280a5440d0fcdc49aafa.PNG

It's just incredible what's happening tonight...

10 minutes ago, Nolan said:

What was the big pause in play at 26 minutes @ChristopheVAFC?

In the 25th minute, a Valenciennes supporter unfortunately fell as he passed on the left-hand side of the stands... Jean Louchet, our goalkeeper, asked the emergency services to intervene, which meant that the match had to be stopped for almost 10 minutes. 

The Valenciennes supporter was taken to Orléans hospital for further tests, but the news is that he is fine.

• Like 4

Orléans - VAFC: the refreshment room ravaged by fire, the match definitively stopped

A surreal scene unfolded on Friday evening at the Stade de la Source in Orléans, where the refreshment bar caught fire just before the start of the second half of the match between USO and Valenciennes. The stadium had to be evacuated and the match stopped. And it will not be resumed.

Flames began to emerge from the roof of the refreshment room behind one of the goals at the Source stadium in Orléans. Then thick smoke began to fill the stadium, which was eventually evacuated. Orléans and Valenciennes were about to resume the match, which was to be the start of the second half. At the end of the first forty-five minutes, the two teams were level at 1-1, Nick Venema (25th) having replied to Fahid El Khoumisti's early opener from the penalty spot (3rd).

All the stands were evacuated and the match had to be abandoned. It will not resume and there will be no replay this weekend. The French federation must now decide on a new date.

Capture01.PNG.04c040b44e6684332f4a11dac9f2f228.PNG

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

Orléans - VAFC: the refreshment room ravaged by fire, the match definitively stopped

A surreal scene unfolded on Friday evening at the Stade de la Source in Orléans, where the refreshment bar caught fire just before the start of the second half of the match between USO and Valenciennes. The stadium had to be evacuated and the match stopped. And it will not be resumed.

Flames began to emerge from the roof of the refreshment room behind one of the goals at the Source stadium in Orléans. Then thick smoke began to fill the stadium, which was eventually evacuated. Orléans and Valenciennes were about to resume the match, which was to be the start of the second half. At the end of the first forty-five minutes, the two teams were level at 1-1, Nick Venema (25th) having replied to Fahid El Khoumisti's early opener from the penalty spot (3rd).

All the stands were evacuated and the match had to be abandoned. It will not resume and there will be no replay this weekend. The French federation must now decide on a new date.

Capture01.PNG.04c040b44e6684332f4a11dac9f2f228.PNG

hhahahahaha fucking hell how random.

how were they playing before this happened ?

8 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

hhahahahaha fucking hell how random.

how were they playing before this happened ?

It's incredible what happened last night...

In sporting terms, we got off to a very poor start with a penalty conceded in the 3rd minute for an avoidable foul by Julien Masson, then a fairly even match with a slight advantage for Valenciennes who pushed for an equaliser and succeeded thanks to Nick Venema.

The aim before half-time was to hold on for a draw or score a second goal, but in the end that was not to be. And then there was the incident in the refreshment room at half-time, which led to the match being stopped for good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

Match reprogrammé au 9 octobre.

Espérons qu'il y aura des rafraîchissements moins croustillants d'Orléans. 

Exactly! Match replayed in its entirety with a score of 0-0.

The reason the date is so late is that every Friday is taken up by a league match, so it's hard to find an earlier slot.

Let's hope this match goes well this time...

For your information, here's the state of the refreshment room after the fire:

Capture01.PNG.a5999b28958c499319410533caf34e6d.PNG

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Mercato-nice-devrait-transferer-daouda-traore-a-southampton/1503943

Mercato: Daouda Traoré to be transferred from Nice to Southampton... then loaned out to Valenciennes

Nice's young midfielder Daouda Traoré is set to transfer to Southampton in England. He will then join Valenciennes, owned by the same people as the English club, on loan.

Nice are in the process of selling one of their young midfielders to Southampton. Daouda Traoré is expected to sign for the English club before the end of the summer transfer window. The player is expected to sign on a permanent basis, and the transfer fee is estimated at between €700,000 and €800,000. Traoré is then expected to go out on loan to Valenciennes in the French National League, a club owned by the same owner as Southampton.

The 18-year-old made just two appearances in all competitions for Nice last season, clocking up just 28 minutes.

4 minutes ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

Probably a good signing for you guys given the level he's previously played at. We come in handy as we can lay down the $$$ and then you benefit for free, in the hope that he becomes PL level at some point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Probably a good signing for you guys given the level he's previously played at. We come in handy as we can lay down the $$$ and then you benefit for free, in the hope that he becomes PL level at some point.

He is an FM25 wonderkid 😇

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FredVaFC59100 said:

Or maybe he was tired of working with SR's rising star, Ben Chorley.

It's amazing how negative you can be, dear colleague...

Unlike the opinion of many of our French compatriots, I think that our sporting director, Ben Chorley, is very consistent in his recruitment, he understood very well that there were big mistakes last year...

As for Ernesto, he may have had a new project that suits him a little better, but the official reason was not given...

17 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I'm delighted he's come, and I think the reason Southampton's sporting director chose him is that he'll soon be able to play in the Premier League.

He's a good prospect for me and I sincerely hope that he'll make a big contribution to our team and help us have a great season.

On 23/08/2024 at 14:34, FredVaFC59100 said:

SR goals, like in any multi-properties business model in Football, is to get Southampton FC at the highest ranking possible in the EPL, and for the satellite clubs to produce revenues and players for it. Lets not kid ourselves , the only ambition VAFC can hope for, is to be the top of the Satellite club in the SR galaxy. i.e. remain in the shadow and be sloppy second at best :)

What do you think of Daouda Traoré Fred?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

What do you think of Daouda Traoré Fred?

Typical French young player with potential but bad attitude;  His family and circle of "friends" are just milking the cow. If he does not clean up his act then his bad behavior will resurface next year when SR ask him to remain at Valenciennes for another season in 3rd division. another Mara in the making ?

8 hours ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

Unlike the opinion of many of our French compatriots, I think that our sporting director, Ben Chorley, is very consistent in his recruitment, he understood very well that there were big mistakes last year...

As for Ernesto, he may have had a new project that suits him a little better, but the official reason was not given...

I love this line Christophe, very civil of you, i think i am going to use this again on the other threads :-)

Come on @FredVaFC59100 your undefeated so far this season, enjoy it while it lasts

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, FredVaFC59100 said:

Typical French young player with potential but bad attitude;  His family and circle of "friends" are just milking the cow. If he does not clean up his act then his bad behavior will resurface next year when SR ask him to remain at Valenciennes for another season in 3rd division. another Mara in the making ?

Does he do a good Carlos Valderama impersonation?!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Does he do a good Carlos Valderama impersonation?!

If that's what it takes for him to play as a sub in the last game of the season for SFC top team, then yes, he can do anything. ANYTHING!

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

Dude, I am not your colleague, I am the CEO of the biggest VAFC Fan Club in Salt Lake City, Utah. Right now, it is just Fred, me and myself; But there is real potential growth with my redneck blind friend who can't barely tell the difference between soccer and football! 

Edited by FredVaFC59100
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, FredVaFC59100 said:

Dude, I am not your colleague, I am the CEO of the biggest VAFC Fan Club in Salt Lake City, Utah. Right now, it is just Fred, me and myself; But there is real potential growth with my redneck blind friend who can't barely tell the difference between soccer and football! 

To be fair, that’s a bigger fan club than we’ve got in Salt Lake City, Utah

7 hours ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

To be fair, that’s a bigger fan club than we’ve got in Salt Lake City, Utah

SLC has an army of Saints supporter. It is world headquarter for the church of latter day Saints. We pray every Sunday for Russell Martin to see the light and stop playing tip toe football in the back, and for a new goal keeper too!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FredVaFC59100 said:

SLC has an army of Saints supporter. It is world headquarter for the church of latter day Saints. We pray every Sunday for Russell Martin to see the light and stop playing tip toe football in the back, and for a new goal keeper too!  

Latter Day Saints - So a bunch of Johnny Come Latelys then! Where were they when we were League 1?!

Polygamists too so we'll probably find they support Pompy or the bucket rattlers too as it makes the travel easier!