Che Adams - Official: Signs for Torino

TopGun

I wish him nothing but the best in Italy, and Internationally.

He's another player where Martin's system allowed you to see different parts of his game.

He was key in dropping deep to receive passes from midfield. He held it up, brought others into attack and was a physical thorn for defences, giving us space.

He scored some good goals for us; often instinctive ones from range. While not the most clinical finisher, I'd often see him taking up good positions.

He worked hard, and never seemed to give anything but what he could. Sometimes, not in best of circumstances - when the club smugly anticipated replacements for him, that never arrived, and there was a chance he's have gone then.

I look forward to following his progress, and with the above attributes, he should do well.

• Like 5

I wish Che all the best 😊 He made a big contribution last season to getting us back to where we belong with 15 goals. Scored some great goals for us, particularly the one from the half way line during project restart. Always gave 100% and I loved his all round game. Hold up play and vision were quality. Hope he does well in Italy. Loved his message to us on instagram, class 😊

• Like 5

Weird player. Class on his day but an absolute donkey at times and his woeful finishing was key in getting us relegated, amongst other things. 

But last season, we were almost always worse when he didn’t play. Either way, we need/needed an upgrade so good luck to him 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Che Adams - Official: Signs for Torino
4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

He's also incredibly lazy. And even shitter. But just because a is worse than b doesn't make b any better.

Adams just trots around the field looking half arsed. Not even convinced he likes football.

I look out for your posts with interest because they usually mean the complete opposite is true... This is a perfect example. 

• Haha 1

Good player, I have no idea but felt like he took our opportunity to go on to bigger and better teams. 

A great player, because it takes so much commitment and dedication to earn a pro contract with any team. I applaud him for that. 

Just can’t help feeling he thought he was better than us, and didn’t help that his finishing wasn’t upto an out and out number 9. 

Wish him all the best as he has played his part in a Saints shirt. 

• Like 1

Good luck to him, but pleased he’s gone. I always thought he played like a midfield creator rather than an out and out striker as he did have some imaginative passing in his kit bag. Ultimately though he really didn’t cut it in either the Prem or the Championship if we’re honest.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2024 at 02:38, Dark Munster said:

There was a good reason for that. He was completely shit.

Ok then .. I just think it was pretty much like the tall pall situation .. player gets brought in by another manager then isn’t wanted anymore.

difference is though with che we have seen him feature heavily for years so know exactly what he can and can’t do .like people talk about ches hold up play and that he puts a shift in.  I’m sure the likes of onuachu would have some qualities too but we haven’t seen enough to even really have an opinion yet.

but out of strikers that we have seen play a lot for us I can’t think of anyone who was a worse finisher then Adams 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal

4 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Good luck to him, but pleased he’s gone. I always thought he played like a midfield creator rather than an out and out striker as he did have some imaginative passing in his kit bag. Ultimately though he really didn’t cut it in either the Prem or the Championship if we’re honest.

Whilst I agree he didn’t cut in the Prem I’d argue the goals and assists he got last season very much proved he can cut it in the championship.

2 hours ago, IFHP said:

Whilst I agree he didn’t cut in the Prem I’d argue the goals and assists he got last season very much proved he can cut it in the championship.

Oh, he was top scorer in the Championship before he came to Saints, but for some reason he never really achieved his potential with us. Granted he had an ok season last year…playing for a move perhaps…but it was hardly in the same league as Arma.

13 hours ago, lambtiss said:

I look out for your posts with interest because they usually mean the complete opposite is true... This is a perfect example. 

Admittedly sometimes I do like a good troll. This one is genuine. Can't remember a single occasion where he's sprinted for a 50/50 ball.

Bye, Che. Thanks for all the times you sort of held it up okay-ish occasionally and then just lolloped about a bit giving it the big I am. Good luck with the goals bonus at Torino.

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Bye, Che. Thanks for all the times you sort of held it up okay-ish occasionally and then just lolloped about a bit giving it the big I am. Good luck with the goals bonus at Torino.

Not getting all the hate for Adams. We paid for what we got. Not the greatest finisher we have ever had, but did a lot of hard work that went unoticed. Give me Adams over Mara any day of the week. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Not getting all the hate for Adams. We paid for what we got. Not the greatest finisher we have ever had, but did a lot of hard work that went unoticed. Give me Adams over Mara any day of the week. 

You're right about him being slightly less bad than Mara

8 minutes ago, DT said:

See Mara play much last season ?

Adams was perpetual motion compared to Mara at times last season. 

9 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

but out of strikers that we have seen play a lot for us I can’t think of anyone who was a worse finisher then Adams 

Won’t be a popular opinion on here, but Long was pretty wasteful in front of goal. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Badger said:

See Mara play much last season ?

Adams was perpetual motion compared to Mara at times last season. 

I think we can agree they were both sub-optimal

• Haha 1

Time was certainly right for a parting of the ways.

For me Che Adams was signed as a good Championship striker, with the hope of some potential to step up in the EPL. In fairness to him he seemed to put the effort in, but the standard of the league has moved on a bit.

On top of the effort, and good hold up play, he also scored a couple of screamers (Sheff Utd away springs to mind). Thought he served us reasonably well last season as well.

But sorry, the lasting memory for me though will be the clusterfuck of an opportunity at Wolves. 

Don’t begrudge him his move to Torino, hope it works out for him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Time was certainly right for a parting of the ways.

For me Che Adams was signed as a good Championship striker, with the hope of some potential to step up in the EPL. In fairness to him he seemed to put the effort in, but the standard of the league has moved on a bit.

On top of the effort, and good hold up play, he also scored a couple of screamers (Sheff Utd away springs to mind). Thought he served us reasonably well last season as well.

But sorry, the lasting memory for me though will be the clusterfuck of an opportunity at Wolves. 

Don’t begrudge him his move to Torino, hope it works out for him. 

Best of luck to him, wish him the best but he's a workhorse not a thoroughbred

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Admittedly sometimes I do like a good troll. This one is genuine. Can't remember a single occasion where he's sprinted for a 50/50 ball.

Everton at home - February 2022.  We were leading 1-0 at the time.  

On 23/07/2024 at 17:55, Jack said:

But last season, we were almost always worse when he didn’t play. Either way, we need/needed an upgrade so good luck to him 

That's the weird thing. I always thought of him as a Shane Long. Likeable but genuinely awful, no real talent, when on goal he just thumped the ball as hard as he could but somehow we were worse last season when he didn't play.

Good luck to him but now can we please have a real striker.