The Circle of Trust

Miltonaggro

My first post on this famous  COT thread. Forgive me but I've often wondered, if someone ITK at the club, as insinuated many times, was genuinely leaking information that was being kept under wraps about potential signings to your good selves on a regular basis before anyone else gets to hear, wouldn't the club be rather annoyed and hunting where the leaks come from so as to shut that particular door rather than let the information be leaked so often over such a long period of time .🤔   Just wondering in a quiet moment of contemplation as you do 😏!!  

Edited by 64saint
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, 64saint said:

My first post on this famous  COT thread. Forgive me but I've often wondered, if someone ITK at the club, as insinuated many times, was genuinely leaking information that was being kept under wraps about potential signings to your good selves on a regular basis before anyone else gets to hear, wouldn't the club be rather annoyed and hunting where the leaks come from so as to shut that particular door rather than let the information be leaked so often over such a long period of time .🤔   Just wondering in a quiet moment of contemplation as you do 😏!!  

Good point, and if, as they say, loose lips sink ships, why say anything at all? They could easily just keep the information amongst their WhatsApp group without this silly pantomime. The CoT have looser lips than Katie Price.

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sure. The same club that allows us to fuck about with the ball in our own penalty area is definitely going to be concerned by that.

• Haha 2

There's been at least one occasion, where someone internally was given away as a source, as posted on here.

On other occasions, the information has seemed to be just the sort of thing to annoy a club.

But often, the information could have come from a number of sources. For the club to take steps to source it, would be counter productive.

Other than a certain contract being left on a table, I don't think any of it has been part of a NDA, or on that level of confidentiality.

The CoT helps to add a layer of cover to the impact of the information, while protecting sources. I guess that's why it's been effective for this long.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Good point, and if, as they say, loose lips sink ships, why say anything at all? They could easily just keep the information amongst their WhatsApp group without this silly pantomime. The CoT have looser lips than Katie Price.

What a misogynistic comment to make - you've got no class. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Why does it matter? As you’ve had me on ignore for the last 5 years you can’t read it anyway 

9 hours ago, Turkish said:

Why does it matter? As you’ve had me on ignore for the last 5 years you can’t read it anyway 

There are so many weirdo's here mate - they seem to spend their whole lives posting trying to get a reaction. I had one follower who started off by sending me messages pleading to be friends and to get the info before I posted it on this thread. I told him the info and the thread was bigger than that, and I wanted to ensure everyone got the info at the same time. Unfortunately, he then turned nasty and then just followed me around the forum for months - unfortunately some people seem to have the time for that kind of thing. You may remember him, he was the one who laughed at disabled people. 

Luckily the ignore function on this site is good, so I've been free of his psychotic behaviour for the last 6 weeks. All because he wanted to "bezzies" as he put it. He did put kisses on his messages as well which was a bit disconcerting though. All went a bit "Stan". 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Haha 1

It amuses me why people get so animated by the CoT. Just scroll by if you ain't interested, but tbh, I look at the site mostly to chuckle at people having a moan. 

Anyways, I'll post up a nice easy CoT style image to help get the thread back in track. 

Sulley_Monsters_University.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

There are so many weirdo's here mate - they seem to spend their whole lives posting trying to get a reaction. I had one follower who started off by sending me messages pleading to be friends and to get the info before I posted it on this thread. I told him the info and the thread was bigger than that, and I wanted to ensure everyone got the info at the same time. Unfortunately, he then turned nasty and then just followed me around the forum for months - unfortunately some people seem to have the time for that kind of thing. You may remember him, he was the one who laughed at disabled people. 

Luckily the ignore function on this site is good, so I've been free of his psychotic behaviour for the last 6 weeks. All because he wanted to "bezzies" as he put it. He did put kisses on his messages as well which was a bit disconcerting though. All went a bit "Stan". 

Seems to be behaving like that mental ex who claims they’re over you but cries every time they have a drink and complains all men are bastards whilst ruining every future date she (or he/they) have by her his/their) paranoid jealous behaviours. 

I’m not sure the ignore feature works as well as you think. I’ve had someone boast about having me on ignore for about 5 years yet regularly replies to my posts; constantly references me in his own posts and seems to know exactly what I’m posting as when. 

Another strange poster who was one who claimed he wasn’t going to waste time on this thread anymore at the start of the window but has appeared to have spent most of the last 3 months constantly hitting refresh on this forum so he can add reactions to posts within minutes 

The title of this thread is a good indication as to what it’s about but then there are another band of fools of appear to read this thread regularly then add comments about how they don’t want to read it

luckily there are also some decent people on here who post and it’s those that deserve the info we share 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Seems to be behaving like that mental ex who claims they’re over you but cries every time they have a drink and complains all men are bastards whilst ruining every future date she (or he/they) have by her his/their) paranoid jealous behaviours. 

I’m not sure the ignore feature works as well as you think. I’ve had someone boast about having me on ignore for about 5 years yet regularly replies to my posts; constantly references me in his own posts and seems to know exactly what I’m posting as when. 

Another strange poster who was one who claimed he wasn’t going to waste time on this thread anymore at the start of the window but has appeared to have spent most of the last 3 months constantly hitting refresh on this forum so he can add reactions to posts within minutes 

The title of this thread is a good indication as to what it’s about but then there are another band of fools of appear to read this thread regularly then add comments about how they don’t want to read it

luckily there are also some decent people on here who post and it’s those that deserve the info we share 

I put one poster on ignore so I didn't have to see all his posts, but I could dip into it if I wanted to (which would usually remind me why I was ignoring the bloke). 

I see the function as a filter against being faced with all of a persons posts, not the poster as such. 

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, egg said:

I put one poster on ignore so I didn't have to see all his posts, but I could dip into it if I wanted to (which would usually remind me why I was ignoring the bloke). 

I see the function as a filter against being faced with all of a persons posts, not the poster as such. 

i've never put anyone on ignore and never would so dont really know how it works. But seems a bit pointless to constantly go on about having someone on ignore then reply to them and talk about them everyday.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

You having your third public melt down in a month? Embarrassing! Unfortunately for you you’ve just proved to everyone you are a liar. I have never followed anyone, and have never messaged anyone, I can’t because I have the basic account, 3 posts a day is plenty. With the basic account I CANT MESSAGE ANYONE , so you’ve made a bit of a faux pas there, like with all the other lies you’ve stated above, plus if anyone offers you friendship I suggest you take it, I can’t imagine you have any, you really are a shallow, nasty, cancerous human being, you act like a petulant child. You obviously have very serious issues in your life and if you have family, I genuinely feel sorry for them. Get yourself an appointment, you really need help.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Saint Marky said:

You having your third public melt down in a month? Embarrassing! Unfortunately for you you’ve just proved to everyone you are a liar. I have never followed anyone, and have never messaged anyone, I can’t because I have the basic account, 3 posts a day is plenty. With the basic account I CANT MESSAGE ANYONE , so you’ve made a bit of a faux pas there, like with all the other lies you’ve stated above, plus if anyone offers you friendship I suggest you take it, I can’t imagine you have any, you really are a shallow, nasty, cancerous human being, you act like a petulant child. You obviously have very serious issues in your life and if you have family, I genuinely feel sorry for them. Get yourself an appointment, you really need help.

Did you stop and consider it might not be you he was referring to?

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Oh crikey he’s off again.

19 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Did you stop and consider it might not be you he was referring to?

This one is a pleasant lad as well isn't he? Not sure why he gets so angry about a light-hearted ITK thread 🤷

Look, joking aside, I'm going to put the details of a charity that I've done a lot for and with over the past few years - obviously you don't have to use it, but I think it would be good. Anger issues is usually an indication of poor mental wellbeing and if you are in crisis and need to chat, they are a good place to start. It can be completely anonymous if need be. 

https://www.mind.org.uk/need-urgent-help/using-this-tool/

0300-123-3393

45 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Actually the window has slammed shut so time to close this thread , also posting while drunk is a bad idea , as I've found out 😄

The CoT is not just for the summer transfer window it’s for life 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

This is a serious thread, trust you to lower the tone. It’s 2024 man, not 1972. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The seventies were great : 1976 heatwave before climate change , Watneys red barrel 8 pints and you were still sober , real ale 15p a pint , petrol went up to 50p a gallon 😶during the Mid East crisis and then more , we all got petrol coupons just in case . Edward Heath , 3 day week , power cuts , 36% pay rise thanks to Heaths threshold payments , we had time and motion  studies for new productivity scheme where we always made 100% productivity because if we were short of credits the foreman dished out loads of credit heavy quick jobs , Saints got a Trophy , we got married , bought first house for £10k , Triumph Vitesse soft top followed by Spitfire also with overdrive .

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

The seventies were great : 1976 heatwave before climate change , Watneys red barrel 8 pints and you were still sober , real ale 15p a pint , petrol went up to 50p a gallon 😶during the Mid East crisis and then more , we all got petrol coupons just in case . Edward Heath , 3 day week , power cuts , 36% pay rise thanks to Heaths threshold payments , we had time and motion  studies for new productivity scheme where we always made 100% productivity because if we were short of credits the foreman dished out loads of credit heavy quick jobs , Saints got a Trophy , we got married , bought first house for £10k , Triumph Vitesse soft top followed by Spitfire also with overdrive .

that's worth of its own thread

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

This one is a pleasant lad as well isn't he? Not sure why he gets so angry about a light-hearted ITK thread 🤷

Look, joking aside, I'm going to put the details of a charity that I've done a lot for and with over the past few years - obviously you don't have to use it, but I think it would be good. Anger issues is usually an indication of poor mental wellbeing and if you are in crisis and need to chat, they are a good place to start. It can be completely anonymous if need be. 

https://www.mind.org.uk/need-urgent-help/using-this-tool/

0300-123-3393

I regret clicking the link and browsing the contents, it appears I have a lot of work to do!

8 hours ago, egg said:

It amuses me why people get so animated by the CoT. Just scroll by if you ain't interested, but tbh, I look at the site mostly to chuckle at people having a moan. 

Anyways, I'll post up a nice easy CoT style image to help get the thread back in track. 

Sulley_Monsters_University.jpg

Finally. A focal point for our attack. Can't wait for this signing in January.

1 hour ago, East Kent Saint said:

Ahh the good old days. The kids have it easy now. Xand facebook would be in meltdown if we had another 76' summer. Old Greta and co would be lecturing us on how bad we are driving our cars etc etc. Of course now the winter fuel allowance is cut there will be less heating being put on this winter and so a will be hailed as a green policy lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, OldNick said:

Ahh the good old days. The kids have it easy now. Xand facebook would be in meltdown if we had another 76' summer. Old Greta and co would be lecturing us on how bad we are driving our cars etc etc. Of course now the winter fuel allowance is cut there will be less heating being put on this winter and so a will be hailed as a green policy lol

Can you imagine how many graphs there would be on the lounge using this weather as proof that global warming is going to kill us all (if the next pandemic or the tories don’t get there first)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

Can you imagine how many graphs there would be on the lounge using this weather as proof that global warming is going to kill us all (if the next pandemic or the tories don’t get there first)

I just about recall the winter of 1963, people skating on some parts of the Thames and it kept going until May!!! It would be bedlam on FB , X etc 

43 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I just about recall the winter of 1963, people skating on some parts of the Thames and it kept going until May!!! It would be bedlam on FB , X etc 

I was 13 at the time and living near Harwich. I remember it well. There were piles of snow and ice on the pavements for months. The winter term at school was supposed to be the football term but we never played one game.

Even the sea froze along the river Stour and along my beach.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I was 13 at the time and living near Harwich. I remember it well. There were piles of snow and ice on the pavements for months. The winter term at school was supposed to be the football term but we never played one game.

Even the sea froze along the river Stour and along my beach.

I was 5 going on 6. I can remember visiting grandparents in Haywards Heath when the snow started and being pulled around the streets by my aunt and uncle. My dad was stationed at Boscombe Down and we lived in a farmhouse annex in a place called Little Wishford which was just off the A36. The snow and ice was piled so high up on the pavement walking to the local school meant actually facing oncoming traffic hoping that they'd see us. The Wilts and Dorset buss were the scariest. Oh yeah the 70s were great.

24 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

I was 5 going on 6. I can remember visiting grandparents in Haywards Heath when the snow started and being pulled around the streets by my aunt and uncle. My dad was stationed at Boscombe Down and we lived in a farmhouse annex in a place called Little Wishford which was just off the A36. The snow and ice was piled so high up on the pavement walking to the local school meant actually facing oncoming traffic hoping that they'd see us. The Wilts and Dorset buss were the scariest. Oh yeah the 70s were great.

It was the early 1960's. Little Wishford is only a few miles from my business. Crikey that is remote!!

"...I remember when this was all fields...we used to eat our lard sandwiches next to the old railway line, as when the trains passed through the 1st class passengers would throw ha'pennies to us. We would then take our sixpence and buy a local housing estate with the proceeds. Of course, houses were cheaper back then..."

On 30/08/2024 at 08:07, Farmer Saint said:

So we're down to the final 3 pictures for TDD... 

2 in:

images (3).jpeg

Things-to-do-in-Eindhoven.jpg

1 out:

images (2).jpeg

As you're all probably aware, TDD tends to be very fluid, so I'd make sure you're checking this thread often to ensure you're up to date with real transfer news. 

And finally 3/3 has happened after being told about it last week. 

As you can see, it's a "Run to the Hills" clue, which was a song by Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden also did a song called "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" which was a poem by Samuel Coleridge. 

Farewell Samuel Edozie and that is the last of my info as my source is now on a well-deserved break. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Turkish said:

@Farmer Saint

Everytime i see a post on this thread from you i think of this song. Just thought i'd share this truly wonderful story

well looking at that pic i cant work out which one of you is sucking? #saywhatyousee

Edited by wild-saint
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

@Farmer Saint

Everytime i see a post on this thread from you i think of this song. Just thought i'd share this truly wonderful story

I am a huge Paul Heaton (and FBS) fan tbf - I'll shove the headphones in as I'm just about to go out to shoot some pesky rats with this beauty... 

IMG_20240906_145036.jpg