The Circle of Trust

Miltonaggro

On 15/07/2024 at 15:33, Farmer Saint said:

Anyone else get a headache from reading these posts?

I have to admit I'm very flattered, but I would suggest you use your 3 posts a day on other subjects, as you're coming across as a little bit silly, and extremely odd. 

More than happy to REPLY, have a look back if your migraines gone, you will see you have initiated EVERY POST to me and I have only ever replied, I too was flattered, but am now concerned you are becoming obsessed and what with you being such a delicate little flower, after you’ve been attacked, I too will now only offer you support from this moment on, if me and Turkish can bury the hatchet, (he’s even going to like my near record post, just been a bit busy to do it yet) sure in time so will we. Anyways, to show my classy, humble nature, I won’t reply, maybe I won’t need too. (Hmmm….) all the best fella.                                Sorry, almost forgot, no, @Saint Marky didn’t get it, tho suspect not alone there. Rocket, keep up the great work fella.                                                                                                                                                                                       Edit. Also worried you might not be well enough to read this post, thinking about organising a crowdfund to get you the counselling-sessions you obviously need, # help farmer Giles. Have lit a candle for ya xx.

Edited by Saint Marky
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Saint Marky said:

More than happy to REPLY, have a look back if your migraines gone, you will see you have initiated EVERY POST to me and I have only ever replied, I too was flattered, but am now concerned you are becoming obsessed and what with you being such a delicate little flower, after you’ve been attacked, I too will now only offer you support from this moment on, if me and Turkish can bury the hatchet, (he’s even going to like my near record post, just been a bit busy to do it yet) sure in time so will we. Anyways, to show my classy, humble nature, I won’t reply, maybe I won’t need too. (Hmmm….) all the best fella.                                Sorry, almost forgot, no, @Saint Marky didn’t get it, tho suspect not alone there. Rocket, keep up the great work fella.

Not reading your posts as too difficult to decipher and don't want to encourage you, but glad that you're continuing the 100% of 18 posts in the last week or so being about me.

It would be good if we could keep this thread on topic though. Perhaps the mods can clean it up a bit?

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

That came so late that even I got in before you 😂😂😂😂

that was confirmation, Downs Signs obviously. There were plenty of other clues further up it was happening.

• Like 1

Just now, Sarisbury Saint said:

We’ve seen your answers to the clues. I think we all know what to think of them.

I agree, they are so obvious when explained, glad you like them

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, EBS1980 said:

The apples were hanging down off the tree. It was so obvious when you see it!

Low hanging fruit - an obvious signing

Apples hanging DOWN

The serpent in the tree representing Ipswich trying to deceive him into joining them

You're learning EBS

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Sorry, that’s all I can say for now.

LLSS.

Sorry > Sitcom with Ronnie Corbett > Famously partnered with Ronnie Barker > Barker sounds like Bark > Dogs bark > A German Shepherd is a dog breed > The German word for Shepherd is Schäfer > We are signing Andras Schäfer from Union Berlin. 

I'm getting good at this.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Saint Marky said:

More than happy to REPLY, have a look back if your migraines gone, you will see you have initiated EVERY POST to me and I have only ever replied, I too was flattered, but am now concerned you are becoming obsessed and what with you being such a delicate little flower, after you’ve been attacked, I too will now only offer you support from this moment on, if me and Turkish can bury the hatchet, (he’s even going to like my near record post, just been a bit busy to do it yet) sure in time so will we. Anyways, to show my classy, humble nature, I won’t reply, maybe I won’t need too. (Hmmm….) all the best fella.                                Sorry, almost forgot, no, @Saint Marky didn’t get it, tho suspect not alone there. Rocket, keep up the great work fella.                                                                                                                                                                                       Edit. Also worried you might not be well enough to read this post, thinking about organising a crowdfund to get you the counselling-sessions you obviously need, # help farmer Giles. Have lit a candle for ya xx.

If you read this carefully there's a very clever hint to a player we are very close to signing and should be all done in a week or two. This lad knows more than he's letting on.

Nice work Marky 👏 👌 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

If you read this carefully there's a very clever hint to a player we are very close to signing and should be all done in a week or two. This lad knows more than he's letting on.

Nice work Marky 👏 👌 

What can I say but LLSS, being a humble guy I can’t take sole credit, more of a double act really ( genuinely do hope alls well there) but I do presume that my mate Turkish is licking that stamp ready to pop my membership in the post, now my ITK status has been confirmed, what with my earlier spoons clue as well.

49 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Nice work Marky 👏 👌 

It's very clever - I assume you are talking about the fact that we suspect Saint Marky may be "Downes"? 

• Haha 3

Lots of transfers later confirmed by the OS, and lots of clues of future players to come - read back through the last few pages (and try to ignore the haters/stalkers - we have had so many messages of support we will continue even through the added scrutiny of others). 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

Looks like I have my own Baby Reindeer situ going on here... 

Screenshot_20240717_055136_com.android.chrome.jpg

Riendeers come from Norway.

A baby reindeer  = the son 

The son of Alfie Haaland is ? and we’ve got our striker.

Excellent signing, would be a great back up striker to Mara.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Turkish said:

Low hanging fruit - an obvious signing

Apples hanging DOWN

The serpent in the tree representing Ipswich trying to deceive him into joining them

You're learning EBS

Turks you didnt make a comment on my suggestion that you put the name of the player in an envelope and it sealed and signed and when one of you quatrains comes to fruition it can be shown that you are so well informed

6 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Turks you didnt make a comment on my suggestion that you put the name of the player in an envelope and it sealed and signed and when one of you quatrains comes to fruition it can be shown that you are so well informed

that's a good idea. However one flaw is that the envelope would have to remain sealed until the signing is in the public domain. I'm happy to post a picture of an envelope then post another one with the name taken out of it though once signing is announced if you'd like to see that?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

that's a good idea. However one flaw is that the envelope would have to remain sealed until the signing is in the public domain. I'm happy to post a picture of an envelope then post another one with the name taken out of it though once signing is announced if you'd like to see that?

You could give the envelope to say Granty or a 3rd party to hold until the signing is done

7 minutes ago, OldNick said:

You could give the envelope to say Granty or a 3rd party to hold until the signing is done

given Loose lips sink ships giving highly confidential information to a third party who is not known and trusted to the CoT would be a very dangerous thing to do.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Turkish said:

given Loose lips sink ships giving highly confidential information to a third party who is not known and trusted to the CoT would be a very dangerous thing to do.

Ahh yes Granty is not at all to be trusted, fair point. I will just have to satisfy myself with listening to people who know nothing like Blackmore, or the official Saints site. 

Keep up your good work, I will of course be monitoring your snippets and you telling us you know when it is quite obvious you dont. Its fun anyway

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Ahh yes Granty is not at all to be trusted, fair point. I will just have to satisfy myself with listening to people who know nothing like Blackmore, or the official Saints site. 

Keep up your good work, I will of course be monitoring your snippets and you telling us you know when it is quite obvious you dont. Its fun anyway

@stevegrant runs a podcast, if you're going to trust someone then it wont be someone who could easily let something slip on a podcast to a wide audience. Imagine the trouble we'd be in if we told Steve Saints are signing xxxxxxx deal expected to be done  on xx/xx/xx and he let it slip on his podcast to all 5 listeners? Bang goes your CoT. No one wants that.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

You'd have to live stream the envelope for a couple of weeks.

Would be like watching big brother 24/7.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

Looks like I have my own Baby Reindeer situ going on here... 

Screenshot_20240717_055136_com.android.chrome.jpg

Nothing but love, support and positivity from now on, I shall like every post in a show of unity my fellow cot brother, you’ve said earlier you appreciate all the messages of support after your shocking attacks this week. Now I know you dont read my posts, or visit my profile (cough), but a look back will show he has messaged me or included me in 11 of his last recent posts, where I have only replied 6 times, it’s fucking unhinged, so if any fellow cot members think my crowdfund idea is positive about getting him a few ‘sessions’ , # help for farmer Giles, let me know, the candles still burning fella, all da best.                                                                                                         Edit. Don’t want to come across as a hypocrite , as I said I wouldn’t respond anymore to him, but Farmer Giles doesn’t read my posts anymore, so technically I’m not and it’s best to let him think he can start a conversation and have the final say, to aid his recovery, nothing but support, all da best fella.

Edited by Saint Marky
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Turkish said:

@stevegrant runs a podcast, if you're going to trust someone then it wont be someone who could easily let something slip on a podcast to a wide audience. Imagine the trouble we'd be in if we told Steve Saints are signing xxxxxxx deal expected to be done  on xx/xx/xx and he let it slip on his podcast to all 5 listeners? Bang goes your CoT. No one wants that.

How about posting to MLG. I’m pretty sure most people would trust him to keep quite and also would believe him if he backed you up ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldNick said:

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Modern technology is your saviour... Upload the names in locked files to a cloud based server (e.g. Google drive) and then unlock the file when the signing has happened (read only access)... That way people can see the file creation timestamp and the name of the player... You're welcome... ;)

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

How about posting to MLG. I’m pretty sure most people would trust him to keep quite and also would believe him if he backed you up ?

Afraid he fails the fit and proper person test for two reasons. he is a researcher for Football Manager so the risk assessment showed him to be a potential loose lip as he may use the information for his games. Secondly would you trust a person who claims to be an athiest but uses the God in his user name? It a no from the CoT

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, trousers said:

Modern technology is your saviour... Upload the names in locked files to a cloud based server (e.g. Google drive) and then unlock the file when the signing has happened (read only access)... That way people can see the file creation timestamp and the name of the player... You're welcome... ;)

that's a great idea Trousers and one which we considered carefully but given the current rise in cyber crime with 50% of UK companies reporting breaches in 2024 and football clubs transfer information being vunerable as per this series of articles

Hack of the net: Cyber criminals targeting football clubs in transfer window (cityam.com) 

Hackers try to steal £1m transfer fee during football club cyber attack, report reveals | UK News | Sky News

Report reveals sorry state of cyber security at UK football clubs | Computer Weekly

we felt it was unwise to risk sharing highly confidential information in the current climate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Turkish said:

that's a great idea Trousers and one which we considered carefully but given the current rise in cyber crime with 50% of UK companies reporting breaches in 2024 and football clubs transfer information being vunerable as per this series of articles

Hack of the net: Cyber criminals targeting football clubs in transfer window (cityam.com) 

Hackers try to steal £1m transfer fee during football club cyber attack, report reveals | UK News | Sky News

Report reveals sorry state of cyber security at UK football clubs | Computer Weekly

we felt it was unwise to risk sharing highly confidential information in the current climate. 

Yeah, fair point Turks... In that case, go for 'Modern Technology Plan B'.... Using the notes app on your phone, add a note for each new player.... You can then show us a screenshot of the time-stamped note once the player has signed.... (Of course, make sure the notes aren't backed up online and that you have biometric security enabled on your phone)

;)

Screenshot_20240717-124231.png

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It's why 60% of our annual budget goes on cybersecurity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, trousers said:

Yeah, fair point Turks... In that case, go for 'Modern Technology Plan B'.... Using the notes app on your phone, add a note for each new player.... You can then show us a screenshot of the time-stamped note once the player has signed.... (Of course, make sure the notes aren't backed up online and that you have biometric security enabled on your phone)

;)

Screenshot_20240717-124231.png

That is open to fraudulent abuse. Turn off automatic time and date, reset time and date on the phone and jobs a good un.

24 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

That is open to fraudulent abuse. Turn off automatic time and date, reset time and date on the phone and jobs a good un.

Surely you're not suggesting Turks is untrustworthy to consider such skulduggery and deception...? ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

Surely you're not suggesting Turks is untrustworthy to consider such skulduggery and deception...? ;)

A system can't just have systems of reliability in place. It must also be seen to be reliable.

The CoT's actions and track record really speaks for itself. As we've seen in world events this week, and before, some people simply choose not to believe anyway.

Electronic systems that are open to hacking/ manipulation, or third parties, who in turn are open to attack, don't seem to add anything to the core values at the heart of the CoT's ethos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

our expenses say otherwise

Celebrate Dj Khaled GIF

Knobhead > Knob > Door handle > Handel > Born in the same year as Bach > Bark > Bark is found on trees > Tricky Trees > Nottingham Forest > Welcome to the club Lewis O'Brien.

• Haha 1

On 16/07/2024 at 22:27, Farmer Saint said:

It's very clever - I assume you are talking about the fact that we suspect Saint Marky may be "Downes"? 

Fucking hell, genuinely spat my tea out laughing at this 😂