The Circle of Trust

Miltonaggro

2 hours ago, CB Fry said:

It's looking like a Blue day for half a great city, when the eagles come home to roost. When the Epiphany comes, or just after, call off the search. The Holy land welcomes a man of the left, name from an ancient trade.

Very impressive info pre-window and great if this comes off. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Stop the riddles and pissing about name them. 

“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."

• Like 1

And Moses and Aaron gathered the assembly together before the rock; and he said to them, “Hear now, you rebels! Must we bring water for you out of this rock?” Then Moses lifted his hand and struck the rock twice with his rod; and water came out abundantly, and the congregation and their animals drank

make of that what you will 

• Haha 1

WRT to Man Utd rumours on the web ;

Ahmed Diallo is more likely than Mason Mount imo as regards a short term loan.

Only difference ( apart from wages and fee) is that Mason would surely be a definite starter for Saints. He knows the area being ex Pompey so relocation not so disruptive and we play a style that suits him down to the ground. 

I would not say Ahmed goes straight into our team straight away even if he is a potential superstar or that he’s guaranteed to settle in Hants even if he is a top talent. And then there is Afcon for Diallo - if he is selected. 

Just my tenpence worth. 
Of course either are VERY welcome and would be marquee signings. 

1 hour ago, gio1saints said:

WRT to Man Utd rumours on the web ;

Ahmed Diallo is more likely than Mason Mount imo as regards a short term loan.

Only difference ( apart from wages and fee) is that Mason would surely be a definite starter for Saints. He knows the area being ex Pompey so relocation not so disruptive and we play a style that suits him down to the ground. 

I would not say Ahmed goes straight into our team straight away even if he is a potential superstar or that he’s guaranteed to settle in Hants even if he is a top talent. And then there is Afcon for Diallo - if he is selected. 

Just my tenpence worth. 
Of course either are VERY welcome and would be marquee signings. 

Time to put the Xmas sherry down pal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Ahmed Diallo or Mason Mount from Man Utd are the more outlandish short term loan options for Saints on the internet atm. 

Neither are outlandish. Diallo is unlikely but just about believable. Mount is a million levels past outlandish. About as likely as Ronaldo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

How set?

it's been reported in "football insider" which just make shit up for clicks, and various other sites that just feed off that shit and rewrite it. Nothing from anyone remotely reliable. Depending on where you look he's "set" for Leicester, Leeds or Fulham or back to Sunderland, or Everton or Palace etc. 

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

Think Mason Mount would be a superb player for us.  Get him in.

Also think we should be going for Fonte and Yoshida. 

Robbie Keane too - we're the only team he hasn't played for and apparently it was his boyhood dream to play for us so that one kind of makes sense.  Knows where the back of the goal is, got a goal for an eye and a bit of a marquee signing.  No brainer.

12 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

it's been reported in "football insider" which just make shit up for clicks, and various other sites that just feed off that shit and rewrite it. Nothing from anyone remotely reliable. Depending on where you look he's "set" for Leicester, Leeds or Fulham or back to Sunderland, or Everton or Palace etc. 

IMG_0405.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Verbal agreement for a loan and no not seen it on football insider

EDIT Thought I was in the January Transfer thread not the spam thread 🤦‍♂️

I don’t remember sending you a PM but might have done it when I was pissed the other night. Anyway, you’re out of the CoT

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, david in sweden said:

I really liked Perraud.   He always looks good going forward and scored a couple of great goals last season, but looked to be "spare" in August after 

RS brought Manning in.  RP was also part of the team of "also-rans " that we put out in " the Gillingham cup fiasco "  but didn't look worse than some others

on the night - especially as he was played as a CB against those giants in the Gills front line. 

Now there are a few if's here...IF KWP were to leave in January (unlikely), we could do worse than recall Perraud,  especially if players like Bree have more

injuries then we have no other regular FB's to call upon.  Holgate will move on " somewhere", and I don't see Jack Stephens getting picked as a full back.

We have Jake Vokins back in the fold (has occasional games in U21's), and he did well (along with Smallbone ) when both scored in an FA Cup 3rd round game.

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I don’t remember sending you a PM but might have done it when I was pissed the other night. Anyway, you’re out of the CoT

Some of us can only dream about being in the CoT. 

On 19/12/2023 at 20:31, Dman said:

Things to you can rely upon in life… Death, taxes, always/chapel end & Nick being bitter & jealous of the CoT’s connections. 

Im not bitter, I enjoyed the last last transfer window of non stories and fantasies. Its the internet, you all can be James Bonds or Sky Sports transfer insiders as you are faceless. Truth is I doubt any of you have 100% correct info, why would people in the negotiations ever give info to us lot on a football forum. If they did they could lose their job.

When I had a very good contact in the Saints dressing room, I was happy to divulge after getting permission, I didnt try and set up a secret society lol.

Keep it going and we can enjoy the banter. I will take your on the spot info, and then go and google it and see where the rumour first emerged.

Happy New Year to you all.

Sat refreshing my computer every few minutes eagerly waiting for news from the CoT. Any little nuggets available guys? Even the rumour of a new tea-lady would be something. Just need a few snippets to keep me going.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, saintant said:

Sat refreshing my computer every few minutes eagerly waiting for news from the CoT. Any little nuggets available guys? Even the rumour of a new tea-lady would be something. Just need a few snippets to keep me going.

Ant a lot of work is being done behind the scenes, there are a few fake rumours out there at the moment, a few agents putting information out and one or two that do carry some weight which have been suggested in the clues above. The CoT will not comment on every rumour as many of them are false, remember the #bewareoffalseprophets hashtag we give sometimes. Rest assured when things start to move we will provide clues and updates when we can say more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Ant a lot of work is being done behind the scenes, there are a few fake rumours out there at the moment, a few agents putting information out and one or two that do carry some weight which have been suggested in the clues above. The CoT will not comment on every rumour as many of them are false, remember the #bewareoffalseprophets hashtag we give sometimes. Rest assured when things start to move we will provide clues and updates when we can say more.

I appreciate the clarification and realise the CoT has to uphold its hard earned reputation of being one of the few trusted sources around. Will try to reign in my impatience for news and look forward to clues and updates as and when available.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, saintant said:

I'd love to help, but my application to the CoT was blackballed by dark and nefarious forces within said circle. This is a greet shame as I know things no one else does. By way of protest I am refusing to divulge what I know, instead I will be waiting for the events to unfold before I confirm that I knew they were going to happen that way.  

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Pat from Poole said:

Is there any CoT merch doing the rounds?

Nick Gregory could have coined it in big-time if he had sold it on his stall on Above Bar.

You can buy a load of these approval stamps if you want to legitimise anything you are doing. Remember everting that goes via the CoT needs one of these to make it into the public domain 46F5088D-FB6A-4A4E-951F-7BA790B9CA94.thumb.jpeg.5cabf990177a585d597ddd601b5529f0.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, saintant said:

I appreciate the clarification and realise the CoT has to uphold its hard earned reputation of being one of the few trusted sources around. Will try to reign in my impatience for news and look forward to clues and updates as and when available.

you're a good lad Ant, its people like you that keep us ignoring the haters and the jealous ones and keep posting. What i can reveal is that in the last hour the below will give you a significant clue as to one player who if things progress as we hope is going to be joining us before the window SLAMS SHUT

'Game of Thrones' Recap: For Whom the Bell Tolls - Rolling Stone

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to The Circle of Trust