The Circle of Trust

Miltonaggro

19 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Libelous insults? 😂

If this thread is for “facts”, as you say, why not publish “facts” and not indulge in childish riddles?

As for this LLSS nonsense, if the club don’t want this information widely spread, why do it?

If we released full info before the club, we'd lose our sources - surely you understand that? If you don't, I can see why you struggle to understand the links. 

I think this thread is not for you unfortunately. 

• Like 4

I look on this thread as an alternative source of transfer news and quite enjoy trying to unpick the clues. It's a bit of fun and there may be nuggets of information lurking in the pictures. At the end of the day those that slag it off can quite easily decide not to look at it.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

I think you just struggle to decipher our clues - that's fine, some of them are a bit tricky. Think Only Connect rather than The Chase. 

It interesting that those who can work the clues out love this thread. Those without the intellect resort to accusations, name calling and abuse. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, saintant said:

I look on this thread as an alternative source of transfer news and quite enjoy trying to unpick the clues. It's a bit of fun and there are FACTS lurking in the pictures. At the end of the day those that slag it off can quite easily decide not to look at it.

fixed it for you

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Libelous insults? 😂

If this thread is for “facts”, as you say, why not publish “facts” and not indulge in childish riddles?

As for this LLSS nonsense, if the club don’t want this information widely spread, why do it?

We Do.

Wisdom has often chased you SOG, but you've always been too quick.

9 minutes ago, saintant said:

I look on this thread as an alternative source of transfer news and quite enjoy trying to unpick the clues. It's a bit of fun and there may be nuggets of information lurking in the pictures. At the end of the day those that slag it off can quite easily decide not to look at it.

Good to hear, and that's pretty much how the CoT sees it.  As Farmer Saint alluded to above it's a fine balance in terms of passing on information in a public forum that is often passed on one to one, or mentioned in passing.  Some people seem to get triggered whatever we do and the best thing perhaps is just to ignore this specific thread which was originally part of the usual transfer window thread. We are just a group of fellow Saints fans at the end of the day. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

If loose lips sink ships, your lips are looser than Katie Price’s and you could sink more ships than the Japanese at Pearl Harbour!

Struggling to work out who the player is in this one, can you elaborate a bit? 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It interesting that those who can work the clues out love this thread. Those without the intellect resort to accusations, name calling and abuse. 

Simply a personal difference between those who have the patience to tackle the cryptic crossword in the Times over the word search in the Daily Mirror, chess over Buckaroo, that type of thing.  Nothing worth having an embolism over.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

If we released full info before the club, we'd lose our sources - surely you understand that? If you don't, I can see why you struggle to understand the links. 

I think this thread is not for you unfortunately. 

Of course I understand it. I also understand that if I was given information from the club that they didn’t want to be spread, then I would keep quiet and not put out information or even clues. What I struggle to understand is why, if you aren’t supposed to pass information on, you do, even if it is cryptic. 
If I was the loose lip at the club I would be very unhappy that I was passing on information to other even  looser lips.

12 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Of course I understand it. I also understand that if I was given information from the club that they didn’t want to be spread, then I would keep quiet and not put out information or even clues. What I struggle to understand is why, if you aren’t supposed to pass information on, you do, even if it is cryptic. 
If I was the loose lip at the club I would be very unhappy that I was passing on information to other even  looser lips.

You might notice that often we end our messages with the comment “that’s all I can say for now” or along those lines.

this means we can give some information away but clearly directly giving  names of targets whilst negotiations are ongoing could be very dangerous 

It’s not our fault you’re not bright enough to work it out. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Icarus’ - a man - had his wings made with honey, so obviously it’s Millwall midfielder George Honeyman. Easy! 😉

I thought it was wax?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Libelous insults? 😂

I think sadoldgit is actually a member, and probably a founding member, of the CoT. It's a self-publicity stunt to build the aura of CoT. No-one can get so consistently wound up as 'saddo' without have a heart attack!

Personally, I think there are some of the CoT itk and I like their clues...even if I can never work them out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He’s definitely a member alright, but not of the CoT; it’s an inclusive group, yet introducing someone with that level of bitterness and resentment into the fold would (I feel) bring the group zen down to an unacceptable low. Much better to steer above the grey clouds 👍

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

I think sadoldgit is actually a member, and probably a founding member, of the CoT. It's a self-publicity stunt to build the aura of CoT. No-one can get so consistently wound up as 'saddo' without have a heart attack!

Personally, I think there are some of the CoT itk and I like their clues...even if I can never work them out.

SOG isn’t a member. His application was declined on the grounds that his references and background checks came back with some very alarming findings. As LLSS I won’t reveal my sources on here to protect them but one reference who waived her right to remain anonymous said “every time he came to the bar he stared at my boobs whilst telling me how proud he was of me for pouring his pints so well despite all I have going against me”

make of that what you will…..

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

Good to hear, and that's pretty much how the CoT sees it.  As Farmer Saint alluded to above it's a fine balance in terms of passing on information in a public forum that is often passed on one to one, or mentioned in passing.  Some people seem to get triggered whatever we do and the best thing perhaps is just to ignore this specific thread which was originally part of the usual transfer window thread. We are just a group of fellow Saints fans at the end of the day. 

I think the thing for many is the clues are so cryptic that 99% of people can’t get them so it just infuriates people more.

Edited by EBS1980
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EBS1980 said:

I think the thing for many is the clues are so cryptic that 99% of people can’t get them so it just infuriates people more.

Actually you’ll be surprised how many PMs we get with people who do work them out. I guess they don’t want to embarrass the, let’s call them, more simple folk on here.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

Legend of the Fall of Icarus

I’ll have a punt at this one: CF Fotis Ioannidis fits the clue. Would fit our playstyle and be upgrade on Adams.

Ipswich already balls deep in bidding allegedly circa 25m+

Edited by Mallagroth

On 05/06/2024 at 08:11, Dman said:

Hope the conference went well Turks - Did "you know who" tell about any progress on a certain number 9? 

Rest up, turn your phone off and try and enjoy a well earned break 

On 05/06/2024 at 13:24, Turkish said:

I wish I could rest up, so much happening lol

i caught up with her unfortunately she said this one is a faded black tattoo at the moment 🥲🥲🥲🥲

however what I can say is that I was able to say this about another new signing that’s progressing nicely 

They keep doubting the flame, tossing the blame
Got his name knocked up above the sports ground gates
And they're ripping them down, stamping the ground
Picture gathers dust in the bar

Told you 

https://www.givemesport.com/ipswich-agreement-man-city-for-liam-delap-transfer/

9 hours ago, Turkish said:

Actually you’ll be surprised how many PMs we get with people who do work them out. I guess they don’t want to embarrass the, let’s call them, more simple folk on here.

Don’t know why people would dm you rather than reply to the message when someone has something to say like every other message people post do.

Interesting you are calling most of the users on her simple folk though !

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

SOG isn’t a member. His application was declined on the grounds that his references and background checks came back with some very alarming findings. As LLSS I won’t reveal my sources on here to protect them but one reference who waived her right to remain anonymous said “every time he came to the bar he stared at my boobs whilst telling me how proud he was of me for pouring his pints so well despite all I have going against me”

make of that what you will…..

You really are a nasty piece of work and a liar, now get this removed.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, EBS1980 said:

Don’t know why people would dm you rather than reply to the message when someone has something to say like every other message people post do.

Interesting you are calling most of the users on her simple folk though !

They DM because they understand we can't confirm or deny in public before the transfer takes place. We all know that other clubs are prowling this site, and specifically this thread to see who we're targeting, which is why we have to make the clues difficult and so much is done in DM. LLSS. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Saint Marky said:

You really are a nasty piece of work and a liar, now get this removed.

Bit rich coming from someone who told a blatant lie to try and make me look silly. Sorry you got outed for being full of shit.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Bit rich coming from someone who told a blatant lie to try and make me look silly. Sorry you got outed for being full of shit.

Unlike you, I’ve no need to lie, but keep up the pretense, I don’t give a shit. Though I’ve only started commenting on his forum recently, I’ve been using it for a longtime and you get to know certain individuals, especially the ones with big egos and huge self worth and you really are the star in that department, Mr 30 like emojis, as we keep hearing in perpetuity . As said , you like to dish it out, but go for the throat when criticised, backed up by your clan of COT brown nosers. You know dam well someone called you out for what you are, a bully, I think it was on the summer transfer thread, I engaged with you and then suddenly the posts all disappeared when you went crying to the mods and now you will use your Machiavellian, duplicitous, bullyboy tactics and imply I’m the liar, well whatever, I don’t care, to me, you come across on this forum as a nasty individual, a bully, a narcissist. Keep up your pleasant responses, they are so joyful, Turkish delights.

Edited by Saint Marky
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Saint Marky said:

Unlike you, I’ve no need to lie, but keep up the pretense, I don’t give a shit. Though I’ve only started commenting on his forum recently, I’ve been using it for a longtime and you get to know certain individuals, especially the ones with big egos and huge self worth and you really are the star in that department, Mr 30 like emojis, as we keep hearing in perpetuity . As said , you like to dish it out, but go for the throat when criticised, backed up by your clan of COT brown nosers. You know dam well someone called you out for what you are, a bully, I think it was on the summer transfer thread, I engaged with you and then suddenly the posts all disappeared when you went crying to the mods and now you will use your Machiavellian, duplicitous, bullyboy tactics and imply I’m the liar, well whatever, I don’t care, to me, you come across on this forum as a nasty individual, a bully, a narcissist. Keep up your pleasant responses, they are so joyful, Turkish delights.

How many likes did you get for your posts? Was it lots, and is that why you're so annoyed they were removed? 

• Like 1

On 04/07/2024 at 20:03, Farmer Saint said:

Second part has been delayed unfortunately - and thirdly...not all I'm keen on:

moon-landing-textimage_4x3.jpeg

I'm allowed to announce that the first part of this triumvirate will be announced before next week, Sugawara welcome! 

23 minutes ago, Saint Marky said:

Quite a lot to unpack here. Is everything okay at home Marky?

Also can you provide evidence i went "running the mods"? Since you stated it was a fact you must have some. Cheers Marky. I hope you can find some solace today, perhaps away from football forums.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, EBS1980 said:

Fair point EBS1980, but it's supposed to be a challenge with some obviously more layered than others, not designed to infuriate people - though it seems to with certain posters that is the case.

FFS take this thread as a bit of fun we all know Turkish is a WUM so take it as it is ! We all know that whatever happens Saints will have a squad at the start of the season for better or worse and we hope for survival in the Prem 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

How many likes did you get for your posts? Was it lots, and is that why you're so annoyed they were removed? 

To be fair not many people can achieve that many likes on a single post. Same way not many people can start a thread that is still running despite being 3 years old with over 30 pages of responses. I've managed to do both on one forum. Haters gonna hate.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

To be fair not many people can achieve that many likes on a single post. Same way not many people can start a thread that is still running despite being 3 years old with over 30 pages of responses. I've managed to do both on one forum. Haters gonna hate.

I'm not sure that's a life defining ambition or means anything but could mean you're President Putin or vice President Trump , I'm not sure 🥴

Edited by East Kent Saint

Just now, East Kent Saint said:

I'm not sure that's a life defining ambition or means anything but could mean your President Putin or vice President Trump , I'm not sure 🥴

In the world of the man who has never had a like on their post the man with 30 likes is king.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

In the world of the man who has never had a like on their post the man with 30 likes is king.

or a bit of a sad bastard ! to be fair if no one responds to your posts it is not quite as good if someone does but then I am a nearly 70 year old sad fucker 🙂

41 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

or a bit of a sad bastard ! to be fair if no one responds to your posts it is not quite as good if someone does but then I am a nearly 70 year old sad fucker 🙂

it's not just about the likes for me EKS. It's the charge, the buzz, the sheer fuckness of it all. 

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Quite a lot to unpack here. Is everything okay at home Marky?

Also can you provide evidence i went "running the mods"? Since you stated it was a fact you must have some. Cheers Marky. I hope you can find some solace today, perhaps away from football forums.

Hi Turkish, yes everything’s rosy, but thanks for the no doubt genuine concern. Solace?lol, I don’t like bullying, detest bullies and you come across as the biggest of the lot on here. Proof, hmmm, as deleted no none, just my word against yours, but your farmer ‘ Mate’ asked if I was annoyed at my posts being removed and losing the likes, so looks like he remembers, so we have confirmation, you’re a liar! As for likes, well I only post on here occasionally, in fact I’m only signed up for three a day, which for me is plenty, imagine being on here constantly, posting over 20 times a day, everyday, that’s mono- maniacal, also pretty dam sad, so I won’t be responding to you again today, but fill your boots, how many so far today 15,16? If there’s someone that’s needs a break.Do I care about likes, no I don’t, though in my short appearances on this forum, the most I have achieved is 28 for a post, funnily enough with a comment about your beloved COT, not too shabby. I presume you started this thread in a light hearted manner, no real insights, but it seems someone has become a little too serious, Dictator complex traits, look at me, running this thread three years blah blah blah. Transfers will happen, players will come and go, we can all speculate, agree and disagree, be happy or annoyed ,buy have no influence what so ever, the club will decide and it will be confirmed when they sign on the dotted line. What should be light hearted fun, you’ve turned into your obsession, in the words of Cindy, ‘I can see your true colours’, unfortunately for you, so can everyone else.

Edited by Saint Marky
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint Marky said:

Hi Turkish, yes everything’s rosy, but thanks for the no doubt genuine concern. Solace?lol, I don’t like bullying, detest bullies and you come across as the biggest of the lot on here. Proof, hmmm, as deleted no none, just my word against yours, but your farmer ‘ Mate’ asked if I was annoyed at my posts being removed and losing the likes, so looks like he remembers, so we have confirmation, you’re a liar! As for likes, well I only post on here occasionally, in fact I’m only signed up for three a day, which for me is plenty, imagine being on here constantly, posting over 20 times a day, everyday, that’s mono- maniacal, also pretty dam sad, so I won’t be responding to you again today, but fill your boots, how many so far today 15,16? If there’s someone that’s needs a break.Do I care about likes, no I don’t, though in my short appearances on this forum, the most I have achieved is 28 for a post, funnily enough with a comment about your beloved COT, not too shabby. I presume you started this thread in a light hearted manner, no real insights, but it seems someone has become a little too serious, Dictator complex traits, look at me, running this thread three years blah blah blah. Transfers will happen, players will come and go, we can all speculate, agree and disagree, be happy or annoyed ,buy have no influence what so ever, the club will decide and it will be confirmed when they sign on the dotted line. What should be light hearted fun, you’ve turned into your obsession, in the words of Cindy, ‘I can see your true colours’, unfortunately for you, so can everyone else.

So you dont have any proof of thing you stated was a fact then? Oh dear. Another own goal.

PS Any chances of bullet points next time?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saint Marky said:

Yo, Marky, 'twas a joke - don't start on me, you're already unpopular enough by the sound of things. Just lighten up buddy. 

• Haha 2