Ross Stewart

InvictaSaint

2 hours ago, Oldandtired said:

Training regime... go and stand 5 yards away, me to you to me to you, lose ball.

That's only for the cameras. Most of the rest of the time probably they spend sitting on their arses chatting and larking about. 

That's the great thing about all being mates together. Sod the bloody training.

Edited by Charlie Wayman

10 minutes ago, northam soul said:

Not sure when that video was shot as Fernandes is playing for Portugal u21s tonight so either he has a twin or that video was days old.

Or maybe the whole thing is a deep fake!

It's all part of the Loch Ness Drogba conspiracy :suspicious:

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, northam soul said:

Not sure when that video was shot as Fernandes is playing for Portugal u21s tonight so either he has a twin or that video was days old.

Definitely today as THB, Wood and Bednarek there. Think its Larios you are referring to.

Could see ABK and Cornet but not Kamaldeen or TP unless I missed them.

9 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Definitely today as THB, Wood and Bednarek there. Think its Larios you are referring to.

Could see ABK and Cornet but not Kamaldeen or TP unless I missed them.

I really think we need to reintegrate ABK now he's seemingly stayed. There's very little reason not to. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Just you wait until he starts and scores a few, then those who have ridiculed him will get all upset as he hasn't waved at them lol

I don’t think anyone has ridiculed him tbf, it’s just the ridiculous situation and the gamble the club took for a position that needed filling immediately.

I would also think that every Saints fan hopes he will be a big success, maybe in a week or two……………..

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Just you wait until he starts and scores a few, then those who have ridiculed him will get all upset as he hasn't waved at them lol

It's gallows humour that's laughing at the ridiculous gamble the club took in the first place. It has nothing at all to do with Stewart himself who I'm sure everyone is crossing their fingers that he can come back in some fashion and contribute positively. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I really think we need to reintegrate ABK now he's seemingly stayed. There's very little reason not to. 

.....at least until the next window. 

Who knows ?...a few good games and his value may sky rocket and he'll be back in demand in Germany. 

Oops ! ,,,,,how did ABK get onto Ross Stewart's thread?

Edited by david in sweden

41 minutes ago, gecko said:

The Utd game this Saturday? or the away fixture in Jan? 😉

In all honesty, he might be fit, but he isn’t match fit, and probably won’t get a chance to be. Even if we start Archer, is there even room for him on the bench, with recent purchases, and, at best, he has to be no higher than third choice as ‘striker’, whatever that might mean to Russell. Best he can hope is to stay uninjured, gain strength through training, and hope for a loan in January to get game time. Unless he puts in some amazing performances in training, I really don’t think we will see much of him.

22 minutes ago, Pwoite said:

In all honesty, he might be fit, but he isn’t match fit, and probably won’t get a chance to be. Even if we start Archer, is there even room for him on the bench, with recent purchases, and, at best, he has to be no higher than third choice as ‘striker’, whatever that might mean to Russell. Best he can hope is to stay uninjured, gain strength through training, and hope for a loan in January to get game time. Unless he puts in some amazing performances in training, I really don’t think we will see much of him.

If he's fully fit I don't doubt he'll get game time and probably his first taste will be during the week against Everton. We don't have a glut of strikers banging in goals so they'll all get their chances and the ones who show they carry a threat will get the most starts. I think the starting team will begin to evolve very quickly over the next few games. Hopefully we'll develop into a decent side and get some wins under our belt. It's a steep learning curve and we need to show rapid progress.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Some more Ross Stewart chat in the embargoed bit of the press conference for the written press. Could be involved against United, will be a selection decision rather than a fitness decision, but will definitely be involved against Everton at Goodison and will play up there in the cup game

Well, this is an improvement on the ‘he will never play football again at a high level’ comments from some posters. Of course it remains to be seen if he can keep fit and how good he is post injury, but it’s encouraging to see him back involved.

• Like 2

On 28/08/2024 at 12:22, S-Clarke said:

The whole thing is a bit odd, to not even travel to Spain for pre-season rang alarm bells for me. We were given excuses to do with the grass in Spain not being right for him and all sorts of shit. There's almost certainly more to this than is being let on, he's obviously got some sort of chorionic long-term condition that he's having to manage. He'll be advised to retire in the next year, I'm sure of it.

On 28/08/2024 at 17:50, Turkish said:

Yep he was apparently working on his strength training back here. Load of bollocks. He’s clearly fucked and will likely never play again at a decent level. 

On 03/09/2024 at 19:37, bangkoksaint said:

Just looking at his injury history I honestly don’t see him coming back and playing at this level again. An expensive mistake? Yes’s but it’s sweetened by the fact we off loaded Lavia when we did and for what we got for him. 

On 03/09/2024 at 20:31, Harry_SFC said:

Yeah, I'm just not convinced he's going to play another game for us. RM keeps feeding us bullshit about how he's going to be back soon but there's been nothing to back that up. 

On 04/09/2024 at 00:28, Saint Fan CaM said:

I’m very surprised there’s been no decent journo digging around and finding out what’s happening with him. It’s been such a long time for what on the surface appears to be a relatively minor injury or even injuries, there must be a decent juicy story somewhere. If it’s true that he’s been out playing golf then there’s something fishy going on.

On 04/09/2024 at 01:04, trousers said:

Most, if not all, local journos tend to prefer to ingratiate themselves with the club they report on, as they know that rocking the boat is likely to cut them adrift. I'd be surprised if most journos don't already know the full story with regards RS and are keeping it under their hat to avoid souring relations with the club, which is understandable I guess.

These quotes are just from the last 17 days. 

Yes the club don't always make the best decisions, and aren't always blessed with luck. But perhaps after last season's turnaround and promotion, Adam Lallana showing he can still play a bit, and 'Ross Stewart rising miraculously from the dead' we might just cut them a bit of slack for the next month or two...

Bloody well done Ross for getting back to fitness and playing your first 34 Premier League minutes; even if it was under particularly difficult circumstances.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play regularly, as his style could work well for us, and certainly offers a contrast from BBD/Archer/Armstrong/Cornet/Tall Paul. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Yes the club don't always make the best decisions, and aren't always blessed with luck. But perhaps after last season's turnaround and promotion, Adam Lallana showing he can still play a bit, and 'Ross Stewart rising miraculously from the dead' we might just cut them a bit of slack for the next month or two...

Bloody well done Ross for getting back to fitness and playing your first 34 Premier League minutes; even if it was under particularly difficult circumstances.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play regularly, as his style could work well for us, and certainly offers a contrast from BBD/Archer/Armstrong/Cornet/Tall Paul. 

I wouldn’t speak too quickly. He came on as a sub at Huddersfield and we didn’t see him for months. Started preseason training and suddenly was out again for a couple of months. One 20 minute sub appearance does not make a fully fit season 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

He's done a twenty minute cameo for us before, let's hold back the champagne until he's done 5 or 10 matches uninterrupted.

Worth remembering he is only proven at L1 level, he has only a handful of Championship games under his belt.  So it's a lot for him to do to step up. But he can't be worse than the more "experienced" BBD, surely?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Great to see Ross Stewart back yesterday 😊 hoping he starts on Tuesday night in the Cup.

That would be bold after 2 years out injured, I’m hoping the club ease him back in with a few more 20 minute cameos.  

• Like 1