Ross Stewart

InvictaSaint

3 hours ago, trousers said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/joel-piroe-reveals-what-happened-27991032

Joel Piroe says the ambition of manager Daniel Farke was a key factor in convincing him to make the move to Leeds United.

Piroe says Leeds felt like a good fit from the moment they showed an interest in his signature, and says a conversation with boss Farke helped seal the deal.

"I had a chat with the manager and he made clear what the ambitions of the club are and what they want to achieve," he added. "I wanted to do the same things as the club, so it made sense for me to make the move.

"I saw the squad and the potential there, and I knew it was somewhere I wanted to be."

What's saying that the manager was a key factor "shorthand" for....?

I think that is shorthand for any old shit players say in announcement interviews.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Out until Feb potentially. What a completely useless signing.

Where does that come from ?

Await the ‘ but he’ll be like a new signing in the run-in …, or  possibly the play offs’ 

• Like 1

On 29/11/2023 at 22:07, trousers said:

Usually when a player doesn't appear in the match day squad when they're expected to, we get a pre-match insight from the likes of Adam Blackmore as to the reason behind it... Tonight? Not a dickie bird on Ross Stewart... Brace ourselves for bad news..? (reading between the lines)

Hunch confirmed, sadly :(

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Martin just said. All being well, he will be back mid-late Jan. 

just hope the “mid- January” doesn’t cloud our judgement in looking to bring a new striker in (preferably 1st January) 

• Like 2

2022- let’s not sign a striker 

2023 - let’s sign one who isn’t fit and hasn’t played for about nine months 

Looks like Les, Wilson ( can’t remember his name- Jimmy Krankie bloke ) , and Semmens have passed the muppet baton in the recruitment dept on … 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

2022- let’s not sign a striker 

2023 - let’s sign one who isn’t fit and hasn’t played for about nine months 

Looks like Les, Wilson ( can’t remember his name- Jimmy Krankie bloke ) , and Semmens have passed the muppet baton in the recruitment dept on … 

Seems ridiculous doesn't it - looks like another 10 games he will be out for

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

just hope the “mid- January” doesn’t cloud our judgement in looking to bring a new striker in (preferably 1st January) 

Judgement goes out the window when it comes to January striker buys of recent years. 

Panic buy or stick with the Crock Ness Monster ? Over to you SR.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Panic buy or stick with the Crock Ness Monster ? Over to you SR.

I did say in an earlier thread (possibly this  one) that I feared he would be the Loch Ness Delgado.

Currently living up to expectation.

• Like 1

That is absolutely shocking business again in such a critical season - every bit as appalling an unforced error as Carrillo and Onachu.

£50m in fees pissed away not counting the wages, signing on fees, agents etc. At least those two were just shit/unsuited to new managers, they were actually fit to play. 

To set out to sign an injured player and piss 6 months to 12 months wages of the parachute payment up the wall, we’d all be sacked if we fucked up like that at work. 

So given he’s already been out for a year he is useless for this season. And he’s only played half a season at this level before, if that. 

Brilliant. Well done Saints, we March on. Darren Mowbray must be getting the piss ripped out of him by Tony. What a mug,

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Sunderland have done us there , wasn't he going to be out of contract anyway? 

Just hope his wages are heavily weighted to minutes on the pitch. 

Augustin Delgardo 

Guido Carillo 

Paul onuacho 

Ross Stewart 

Who else needs adding to the list of big money striker flops? 

• Like 1

FFS, came on for about 15 minutes on saturday, barely touched the ball and now injured. I know it's common for players to get muscle injuries after a long time out but this really is a crap piece of business, he was out of contract in the summer, we could have signed him in January for half what he cost us in august. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Absolutely ridiculous. We'd have been better off keeping Onuachu, i'm confident he'd have got goals at this level. Proof - Adam Armstrong is second top scorer.

They couldn't be more different in stature and how they play. You're comparing an apple with a kebab mate.

1 minute ago, ally_uk said:

You couldn't make this up 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Saints all over 

We need a striker 

I know let's sign a injured one 

Absolute clowns 🤡  

He's not out cos of the injury we signed him with. 

1 hour ago, SambaMaverick said:

We had the pick of the players at this level and with the money we brought in. I don't understand why we would take a gamble. Let's say we just lose out on promotion, this could well have been the difference. 

• Like 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

I agree, Onuachu would be able to convert crosses in the air and not just chances on the floor. 

Ha! He'd need to move to get there. His movement is shocking. AA scores in the championship as he's suited to it. 

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Wonder if I could get away with going sick for 4 months with arm problems, doing 2 hours of my first shift back then going off sick for another 2 months with a completely unrelated issue. 

Keep working on those analogies/comparisons mate, you've got a way to go before they make sense. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Wonder if I could get away with going sick for 4 months with arm problems, doing 2 hours of my first shift back then going off sick for another 2 months with a completely unrelated issue. 

Yes you could HTH

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Absolutely ridiculous signing then.

It seemed pretty mad at the time when we needed a striker NOW (ie then).

So really we should be bringing someone in in January.

If there's a genuine ambition to get promoted, it's essential. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Yes, you could, assuming you are working in the uk (or eu).