Glastonbury 2023

AlexLaw76

16 hours ago, egg said:

I don't even know what the argument is about. Seems to have fuck all to do with Glastonbury. On that, the Mrs had Coldplay's set on when I came home yesterday. Not my thing, but they put on a cracking show.

Duckie decided to make Glastonbury (and the BBC) all about a class war and the Tosser class have apparently taken over the festival (and the BBC) from the Trots and the working classes…or something.

16 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Snap!  Contrary for contrary's sake it seems.

You were the one disputing whether you could pack tens of thousands of people into an outdoor arena and I gave you examples of where that has happened. You are the contrarian Weston.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

You were the one disputing whether you could pack tens of thousands of people into an outdoor arena and I gave you examples of where that has happened. You are the contrarian Weston.

6 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

:mcinnes:

You pair of tarts. This is amongst the most shit arguments on a forum occupied by shit arguments. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, egg said:

You pair of tarts. This is amongst the most shit arguments on a forum occupied by shit arguments. 

They are pretty much all shit arguments aren’t they?

• Like 1

Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher slams Glastonbury for becoming ‘Woke’ and calls festival goers waving Palestinian flags “F*king Idiots.’

The musician took aim at this years festival after it was filled with Pro-Palestine messaging. 

“It’s getting a bit woke now, that place, and a bit kind of preachy and a bit virtue-signalling. 

I don’t like it in music – little f*cking idiots waving flags around and making political statements and bands taking the stage and saying, ‘Hey guys, isn’t war ­terrible, yeah? Let’s all boo war. 

F*ck the Tories man,’ and all that. It’s like, look – play your f*cking tunes and get off.”

Source: The Guardian

34 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher slams Glastonbury for becoming ‘Woke’ and calls festival goers waving Palestinian flags “F*king Idiots.’

The musician took aim at this years festival after it was filled with Pro-Palestine messaging. 

“It’s getting a bit woke now, that place, and a bit kind of preachy and a bit virtue-signalling. 

I don’t like it in music – little f*cking idiots waving flags around and making political statements and bands taking the stage and saying, ‘Hey guys, isn’t war ­terrible, yeah? Let’s all boo war. 

F*ck the Tories man,’ and all that. It’s like, look – play your f*cking tunes and get off.”

Source: The Guardian

He's an idiot.

Glastonbury has always been a festival for peace and protest right from the start. The spiritual home of the festival is the Green Fields and stone circle. Greenpeace and other charities have always been a big part of it.

He's played there enough to know this.

• Like 2