Israel

egg

21 hours ago, egg said:

For sure, but that won't end it. I suspect that the answer to my question is that eventually the US will reign Israel in as per 1982, Hezbollah and Hamas will regenerate, we'll not see a 2 state solution, and the perpetual cycle of violence will continue. Not much of an ending. 

Quite.

The short term aim for Israel is to keep escalating until they have an excuse to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities.

The long term aim is to force all non-Israelis out of Gaza and the West Bank, but that will just move their current issues to a different border.

There was a chance to create a two state solution a few decades ago but it's fucked now and will always be, I think.

Eliminating Hezbollah, crushing Hamas, in the way they have been, just creates a new group in Iraq, in Yemen, in Jordan, in Kuwait, in Syria etc.

In hindsight, "Israel" should have been put in Nebraska or somewhere like that.

Edited by benjii
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, whelk said:

Every pro-Palestine cunt should watch Surviving October 7th. Sub human scum

I agree, everyone should watch it. But Israel’s actions since have guaranteed that future generations of Israels are going to have to survive many more October 7ths in the future.

Edited by aintforever

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

I agree, everyone should watch it. But Israel’s actions since have guaranteed that future generations of Israels are going to have to survive many more October 7ths in the future.

That would be the case anyway. The existence of Israel is motivation enough for religious fanatics. 

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

That would be the case anyway. The existence of Israel is motivation enough for religious fanatics. 

I wish I got Clubcard points for every time somebody fails to understand this. I think one of the objectives Israel have, long term is to create a power vacuum. It worked to their advantage ten years ago in the sense that ISIS never actually attacked them. They were too busy fighting Asad/Russia, the Kurds, free Iraqi forces and a whole bunch of other factions to actually care about the Jews.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, egg said:

You're confusing Hamas with Palestine. You'll be confusing Hezbollah with Lebanon next. 

I am not confusing anything. Pro-Palestine people should watch this programme to understand the Israeli response to such horrific barbarism to innocent festival goers and others. Fucking savages. 

10 hours ago, egg said:

You're confusing Hamas with Palestine. You'll be confusing Hezbollah with Lebanon next. 

Tbf when he said "Palestinian cunts", he may have been alluding to Hamas, and the like,  rather than just Palestinians in general...?

On a side note, a while back I read a book on ex-SAS (and Saints fan) Phil Campion who spent time in the Gaza Strip after leaving the regiment. He was leading a team of  mercenaries/security which involved training Hamas fighters to help protect a power station while it was repaired by foreign workers. While he was there he got involved coaching a local kids football team and, as he knew Woggie Taylor at St Mary's, he blagged them an entire Saints kit for the team. They became known as 'Southampton Gaza United' (or something similar) and did quite well after!

Edit: Just seen Whelk's explained it himself better : )

Edited by TheAlehouseBrawlers
Timing!

Just dug the book out, 'Born Fearless' if anyone is interested - had a tough upbringing, brought up on Harefield estate and various kids homes, makes for an interesting read!

I have seen someone called 'Campion' posting before on Saints Web but wouldn't know if related.

Edited by TheAlehouseBrawlers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, whelk said:

I am not confusing anything. Pro-Palestine people should watch this programme to understand the Israeli response to such horrific barbarism to innocent festival goers and others. Fucking savages. 

You are confusing and conflating. I don't need to watch a TV programme to understand that Hamas are animals and that peaceful Palestinians are exactly that. No TV programme is going to persuade me that destroying Gaza, and killing 40k+ people, is a necessary reaction to 7/10.

What's needed is a separate state for Israel and Palestine - not TV propaganda.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, egg said:

You are confusing and conflating. I don't need to watch a TV programme to understand that Hamas are animals and that peaceful Palestinians are exactly that. No TV programme is going to persuade me that destroying Gaza, and killing 40k+ people, is a necessary reaction to 7/10.

You don't find it the least bit strange that Hamas are the de facto rulers of a country which is the complete polar opposite of their own belief system? We've never seen an Islamist elected to Congress from Alabama, or an ISIS militia overthrow the government of Finland and yet it always seems to happen in the parts of Middle East.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, egg said:

Calling it propaganda speaks volumes 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trousers said:

It is listed in this 'best beach bars' article (from 2016) to be fair.... :)

https://www.beirut.com/en/47968/5-amazing-beach-bars-to-party-at-this-summer/

To be fair, Duck's pic for Israel was from 2013 so I guess mine count as 'now'.

My point is that Lebanon is one of the most diverse countries in the middle east and it’s muslim population is relatively secular and pro-christian.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, trousers said:

It is included in this 'best beach bars' article (from 2016) to be fair.... :)

https://www.beirut.com/en/47968/5-amazing-beach-bars-to-party-at-this-summer/

Sorry but no way is that a beach. There are even small jacuzzi style pools in the background. 

Number 4 Riveria Resort is also blatantly a swimming pool too.

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Sorry but no way is that a beach. There are even small jacuzzi style pools in the background. 

Number 4 Riveria Resort is also blatantly a swimming pool too.

Live satellite image of the pool looks very different from the 2016 brochure picture....

Maybe it's all the shit 80's music they've been playing that firghtened everyone away!

Screenshot 2024-09-27 163916.png

Edited by Weston Super Saint

36 minutes ago, aintforever said:

To be fair, Duck's pic for Israel was from 2013 so I guess mine count as 'now'.

My point is that Lebanon is one of the most diverse countries in the middle east and it’s muslim population is relatively secular and pro-christian.

You were trying to make that point by posting pictures of a swimming pool, a rock formation in the sea and two beaches?? Have you taken the CoT approach of posting clues as to what you're wanting to say?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Turkish said:

You were trying to make that point by posting pictures of a swimming pool, a rock formation in the sea and two beaches?? Have you taken the CoT approach of posting clues as to what you're wanting to say?

Blimey, everything is cryptic when you are as dumb as you. People like you are the reason they have to write ‘may contain nuts’ on a packet of peanuts.

Lebanon is a diverse country, they are not all fundamentalists who sit on beaches (or beach parties or on rock by the sea - the point is exactly the same) in full hijab like our resident islamophobe tried to make out. Is that clear enough for you or do I need to get your crayons out again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

Blimey, everything is cryptic when you are as dumb as you. People like you are the reason they have to write ‘may contain nuts’ on a packet of peanuts.

Lebanon is a diverse country, they are not all fundamentalists who sit on beaches (or beach parties or on rock by the sea - the point is exactly the same) in full hijab like our resident islamophobe tried to make out. Is that clear enough for you or do I need to get your crayons out again?

As dumb as me? You cant even tell the difference between a swimming pool and a beach. 

19 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Feel a bit sorry for Ali Karaki. He gets bumped off and they don’t even have decent picture of him to stick up.

He’ll be on his 5th virgin by now and won’t give a shit