Israel

egg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

True, but your implication was that the story was suppressed, which it wasn't. The media chose not to run with it.

My exact words were “Sunak kept that one quiet.” The only thing I am implying is that he kept that one quiet. I’m not sure how that then becomes the story was suppressed but if that’s your interpretation so be it.

Sadly now the whole point of the original article has been lost over a pointless argument.

For those interested, this is what it is about.

https://amp.theguardian.com/law/article/2024/jul/08/labour-expected-to-drop-challenge-to-icc-over-netanyahu-arrest-warrant

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Haha 1

Is it still surprising you that Israel are attacking Hamas bases? IDF are clearly not saying it’s a school, hospital we cannot bomb.

Hamas deliberately plant themselves in such places so no surprise

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, whelk said:

Is it still surprising you that Israel are attacking Hamas bases? IDF are clearly not saying it’s a school, hospital we cannot bomb.

Hamas deliberately plant themselves in such places so no surprise

Aren't Russia saying they targeted terrorists in that kids hospital? Does that make it a terrorist base and a legitimate target? Regardless, the IDF haven't said that this school was a base, they say it was one suspected Hamas member. One person. 

But no, nothing surprises me with the IDF. 

Edited by egg

11 minutes ago, egg said:

Aren't Russia saying they targeted terrorists in that kids hospital? Does that make it a terrorist base and a legitimate target? Regardless, the IDF haven't said that this school was a base, they say it was one suspected Hamas member. One person. 

Yes but in Gaza there is actually likely to be some merit in what the IDF are saying. Knowing the way all three of those organisations operate I'd say it's possible, bordering on likely that:

1. Hamas deliberately places militants in schools and hospitals
  2. The IDF will go after them, not giving a f**k who gets hurt.
  3. Russia is quite happy to blow up a hospital full of children with cancer with no military objective, simply because they're c**ts.

Who (and how many) the IDF were actually after we will probably never know.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Yes but in Gaza there is actually likely to be some merit in what the IDF are saying. Knowing the way all three of those organisations operate I'd say it's possible, bordering on likely that:

1. Hamas deliberately places militants in schools and hospitals
  2. The IDF will go after them, not giving a f**k who gets hurt.
  3. Russia is quite happy to blow up a hospital full of children with cancer with no military objective, simply because they're c**ts.

Who (and how many) the IDF were actually after we will probably never know.

They've said "an" Hamas operative, not plural. 

On the 3 points, it's hard to disagree, although I'm not persuaded that 3 doesn't apply to some extent to the IDF but that they dress it up as point 2. 

1 hour ago, egg said:

Can’t answer the Russia question as haven’t seen or enough about it. I am not condoning IDF but almost irrelevant to them what the building is predominantly used for if they think Hamas are there

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I thought the school system in Gaza had collapsed?

Fair play if they are managing to keep them up and running in that carnage. Our teachers don't go in if they have a cold FFS.

Teaching a class when you have a cold is lot tougher than leaning on a broom

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, egg said:

They've said "an" Hamas operative, not plural. 

On the 3 points, it's hard to disagree, although I'm not persuaded that 3 doesn't apply to some extent to the IDF but that they dress it up as point 2. 

Those are the key words there. What they’ll admit to knowing, who they were really after and how they knew they were there, we’ll never know.

6 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Russia is quite happy to blow up a hospital full of children with cancer with no military objective, simply because they're c**ts.

It's a deliberate tactic, one which they have used in previous conflicts like Syria. They do it to break the spirit of the opposition - the idea is to get them to think "if they will bomb a children's cancer hospital they are utterly ruthless and will destroy everything, we should give up".  Granted you have to be an absolute cunt to to do that.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

How ? The US will invoke their SC veto on any proposal.

I don’t know, but they managed to apply sanctions to Russia. This is the first time that the court has ruled that the occupation is illegal. It is a big step forward.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

I don’t know, but they managed to apply sanctions to Russia. This is the first time that the court has ruled that the occupation is illegal. It is a big step forward.

I guess it's pointless me telling you that the US would have agreed to that, but won't agree to the same for Israel in a war they are sponsoring, as you will already know that.

“The UN should stop faffing around and take action”

“How?”

“I don’t know”

I knew there was a reason I used this site, it’s the unparalleled attention to detail and in-depth knowledge. Absolutely brilliant analysis.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

“How?”

“I don’t know”

I knew there was a reason I used this site, it’s the unparalleled attention to detail and in-depth knowledge. Absolutely brilliant analysis.

To be fair, there was also "they did something to someone else" as well.

1 hour ago, whelk said:

This is a forum for discussion. Why do you just post links to news stories?

Because that's where he gets his opinions. It's why his actions provoke so many laughing reactions. That and being insufferable smug and with a totally unearned sense of superiority. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Haha 1

On 19/07/2024 at 19:52, The Kraken said:

“How?”

“I don’t know”

Isn’t posting about it on this forum enough to cause action? It’s ending global racism after all. Getting a small nation to stop firing missiles at a tiny strip of land is small fry.

50 minutes ago, whelk said:

To receive opinions then discuss? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Or opinion pieces which he tries to pass off as facts. Almost exclusively the links are from the guardian. Or our daily Farage update. On the rare time they aren’t the sentence “I was listening to a phone in on LBC news earlier…” proceeds a comment. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, egg said:

To receive opinions then discuss? 

And if your opinion is not 100% aligned to what the guardian has told him to think you are thick right wing Tommy Robinson supporter. There is a reason why no one takes him seriously and it isn’t the reason he thinks it is .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Israeli PM blocks hospital for sick Gaza children in Israel https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c2j3ej80dnno

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Without even offering one himself? Pointless 

You posted a news story without offering an opinion on it yourself. You just posted what the story was about. Wasn’t that “pointless” too in your opinion? You are just desperate to have a pop, not unlike some of the other WUMs here.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You posted a news story without offering an opinion on it yourself. You just posted what the story was about. Wasn’t that “pointless” too in your opinion? You are just desperate to have a pop, not unlike some of the other WUMs here.

There are so many reasons to have a pop though old boy! You don’t help yourself do you

As for your comment about WUMs you do know that there  are a few people who think you’re the greatest WUM who ever lived, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

As, I assume, a God fearing man, I wonder how Netanyahu feels that God will judge his actions when he passes on?

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240718-netanyahu-blocks-field-hospital-for-gaza-children-amid-israel-war/amp/

(Happy now Whelk?).

Much like how Muslims think they’re doing it in the name of their lord I expect he’ll feel the same. But you’ve never asked that question about Muslims have you 

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Whooosh

• Haha 6