The 2024 General Election - July 4th

sadoldgit

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I don't recall ever mentioning Farage in a post - except when replying to other posts.

Are you sure you've used "irony" correctly or is this an Alanis example?

He means you supposedly mention soggy in every post. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Oh well, he's wrong.  Again.

If you cannot see the irony in you attacking SOG for being obsessed you are even thicker and less self aware than I thought. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danbert said:

She’s clearly a moron but Simon Case shouldn’t have given way on that.

Telegraph’s editor needs to sack Allisder Heath as he’s continually enabling her to spout crazy conspiracy theories especially since the people of SW Norfolk gave her the boot a few days ago from a record majority. She’s becoming the Katie Hopkins of the party and massive reason for the record loss was Sunak not sacking her. Couple of years of time you could see her on a platform somewhere in the middle of nowhere with Hopkins, MLT, Icke, Piers Corbyn and co. 

Even the whack jobs in the Republican convention just about tolerate her but don’t really want someone with her track-record of huge defeats around their camp. Nor do Trump and Vance, repugnant as they are in many respects, particularly worship at the loony Laffer Curve strand of free market economics she, Sinclair and Littlewood, her IEA brownosers, do.

I think she’ll move to America full time and clog up the Cato and Heritage with more rehashed shit. Clearly budget deficits are a blind spot for her.

Edited by Gloucester Saint

The response to her little Twitter rant about the King’s Speech from the MP who beat her:

Labour MP Terry Jermy, who defeated her in South West Norfolk, responded: "I’ve really enjoyed receiving hundreds of messages from local residents since 4th July, but can I remind them, including Ms Truss, that should they wish for their Member of Parliament for South West Norfolk to be aware of their views, they need to go through the office."

• Haha 2

Anyone who thinks that Boris Johnson is the answer to any question needs to read the Covid enquiry.

He failed the citizens of the UK, then lied, persistently claiming that he got the big decisions right.

Far from playing a blinder, it has now been confirmed that he got them very fucking wrong and people paid with their lives.

• Like 5

On 16/07/2024 at 07:33, sadoldgit said:

He has only been an MP for Clacton for a couple of weeks but he is off already…

I see Raynors  off to Italy, I presume you condemn that? 

After all she’s only been deputy PM a couple of weeks and “she’s off already”. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

So it now emerges that the Tories had 1,000 civil servants working on their Rwanda gimmick - a thousand??

What a fucking waste of time and money.

But it was Suella's dream, remember? I'm sure all those civil servants were more than happy to dedicate their lives to helping her fulfil it.

• Haha 1

1,000 civil servants working on a half baked, hair brained plan and not one of them complained about how pointless it was.

Maybe they were happy riding the gravy train to nowhere?  If so, does that say more about the effectiveness of the civil service?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

1,000 civil servants working on a half baked, hair brained plan and not one of them complained about how pointless it was.

Maybe they were happy riding the gravy train to nowhere?  If so, does that say more about the effectiveness of the civil service?

If you were in their situation would you have dared question what Cruella was asking you to do ?

12 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

How do you know, no one complained? 

#makeupshit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I lurk on the civil service reddit and they were all complaining about it, but they have to do what they are told without political bias, which includes stupid orders from stupid people.

Quite a few have had more engagement with the new lot though, in some cases already more than they had in 14 yrs of the last lot, which is interesting. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, pingpong said:

I lurk on the civil service reddit and they were all complaining about it, but they have to do what they are told without political bias, which includes stupid orders from stupid people.

Quite a few have had more engagement with the new lot though, in some cases already more than they had in 14 yrs of the last lot, which is interesting. 

Thanks for the reasoned response 

Odd that this only came out today though (or maybe it didn't?).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Fuck me Weston you’ve excelled yourself 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Odd that this only came out today though (or maybe it didn't?).

It's likely that it's still taking the Labour gov some time to fully understand the scale of the shitshow they have inherited. I'm expecting a lot more tales of absurdity to be drip fed to the press in the coming weeks / months.

• Like 3

Laura Kuensberg says that the new Labour Government have already failed the poor because they haven't put any more money in their pockets.

Not even three fucking weeks ! Stupid Tory mouthpiece should be sacked.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Laura Kuensberg says that the new Labour Government have already failed the poor because they haven't put any more money in their pockets.

Not even three fucking weeks ! Stupid Tory mouthpiece should be sacked.

Kuntberg is a disgrace and has got worse and worse in the past year or two, nowadays she plain doesn’t even bother to hide her own feelings.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

Kuntberg is a disgrace and has got worse and worse in the past year or two, nowadays she plain doesn’t even bother to hide her own feelings.

She is a reason in our family to change channel. I used to defend her, but over the last few months her neutrality has faded and it’s widely noted. Time to switch to the outer limits of the Murdoch empire - Talk TV perhaps - where she can be a Tory party employee without worrying. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

She is a reason in our family to change channel. I used to defend her, but over the last few months her neutrality has faded and it’s widely noted. Time to switch to the outer limits of the Murdoch empire - Talk TV perhaps - where she can be a Tory party employee without worrying. 

Verbal who used to post here always vociferously defended her but she's been clearly Tory leaning for years, albeit she used to hide it better. The other issue with her is that she doesnt get the difference between analysis  / summarising issues / stories and opinion. She loves to give her opinion but not so keen on actually informing the viewer.    

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Verbal who used to post here always vociferously defended her but she's been clearly Tory leaning for years, albeit she used to hide it better. The other issue with her is that she doesnt get the difference between analysis  / summarising issues / stories and opinion. She loves to give her opinion but not so keen on actually informing the viewer.    

She did? News to me. She's been blatantly partisan for as long as I can remember.

Remember that time she deliberately engineered the on-air resignation of a Labour MP to damage the party leadership, then subsequently deleted the tweet in which she gloated about it? 

She's an absolute disgrace. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Braverman now thinks the 2 child cap is wrong. Transparent twat, she doesn't give a fuck about the kids, she just wants the Labour government to affected by rebel MPs and for Labour to get stuck with the bill.

All these journalists think they are Paxman banging on about 2 child benefit cap. Little prick on BBC says even Farage and Braverman are saying scrap it. Useful fucking idiots. Have far more faith that Kendall wants to tackle child poverty than Braverman who genuinely won’t give a shit. 

Edited by whelk
  • Like 2

And the fucking BBC twat talking about issue with elderly care now saying how long are you going to keep blaming the last govt. yeah mate why the fuck haven’t they sorted it yet?

• Like 3

On 23/07/2024 at 06:55, Fan The Flames said:

Braverman now thinks the 2 child cap is wrong. Transparent twat, she doesn't give a fuck about the kids, she just wants the Labour government to affected by rebel MPs and for Labour to get stuck with the bill.

A good appraisal of her performance on the James O’Brien show, LBC, yesterday.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jul/23/listeners-tuning-in-to-lbc-saw-softer-side-to-suella-braverman

• Like 1
  • Haha 1