The 2024 General Election - July 4th

sadoldgit

1 minute ago, Challenger said:

Let's be honest, we're going to exchange one set of useless pricks for another.

Could waste our vote on some other lot I suppose , lucky we live in a democracy that we can do so.

Maybe you could vote for Reform? No taxes and no immigration. Simple

• Haha 2

On 14/06/2024 at 12:36, aintforever said:

Think Sunak has made a big mistake with the timing of this election, he has a few weeks to try and claw back Labour’s 20 point lead in the polls and it’s just going to be blanket coverage of the footie on TV from now on. 

:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Don't worry posters, LD will be along in a minute to say "in nets" to restore the forums cool credentials.

I think his bird makes him do the housework on Sunday morning 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Don't worry posters, LD will be along in a minute to say "in nets" to restore the forums cool credentials.

Absolutely. In this modern world it's important to let the birds have a say so I'd like to know the snapdragons opinion too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Literally a soggy wet dream in north Islington, one useless bellend holding up an umbrella for a complete cunt.

GQIaIxDXcAAA_mt?format=jpg&name=large

Which would have been an absolutely cracking post only you clearly haven’t read any of my posts where I say I have no time for Owen Jones or his politics. Try harder. 😘

Edited by sadoldgit
Typo
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I have no time for Owen Jones or his politics.

You’re in step with him when it comes to Isreal, both wanted Magic Grandpa to be PM & thought Abbott was qualified to be Home Sec. You’re absolutely in line with his politics. Now he’s been shown up as a half wit and isn’t one of the cool LBC favs, you’re distancing yourself. You’ll be telling us your Dad was a Toolmaker next, 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’m struggling to understand the point you’re trying to make. Seems a bit bizarre to be quoting 2 slogans that were used by the winning party as some sort of gotcha. 😩

Seems a bit bizarre to struggle with an obvious point. Every election in the last few years the Tories have come up with soundbites that they all repeat ad infinitum yet Delldays thinks that this is some kind of gotcha. A slogan is a slogan Duckie, you should be aware of that given the use of them through history by the people your hero Nigel “NF” Farage idolises.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Seems a bit bizarre to struggle with an obvious point. Every election in the last few years the Tories have come up with soundbites that they all repeat ad infinitum

Exactly what every single party does during modern elections. “Take back control” & “Get Brexit done” two of the absolute best. I find criticism of soundbites that work bizarre. Just because the fucking loons you’ve been supporting couldn’t think of anything memorable, youre all against it. Better political strategy than an Ed Stone or spouting “far” left pony. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

And won....

Are they going to win this one? Although can’t take thick northern fuckers for granted, they fell for Brexit

14 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Exactly what every single party does during modern elections. “Take back control” & “Get Brexit done” two of the absolute best. I find criticism of soundbites that work bizarre. Just because the fucking loons you’ve been supporting couldn’t think of anything memorable, youre all against it. Better political strategy than an Ed Stone or spouting “far” left pony. 

I understand that in line with their recent slogans next week's Tory party slogan will be "Free beer tomorrow". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Are they going to win this one? Although can’t take thick northern fuckers for granted, they fell for Brexit

Poor slogan work this time round has done for them. “Labour haven’t got a plan” simply isn’t catchy enough.

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You’re in step with him when it comes to Isreal, both wanted Magic Grandpa to be PM & thought Abbott was qualified to be Home Sec. You’re absolutely in line with his politics. Now he’s been shown up as a half wit and isn’t one of the cool LBC favs, you’re distancing yourself. You’ll be telling us your Dad was a Toolmaker next, 

You idolised Maggie Thatcher. If SoG is throwing stones from a greenhouse, you're doing it from a fricking massive conservatory. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Cleverly has strong views about how street cows are treated. Would be nice to hear from the other parties on where they stand.

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

They stand on four legs.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Usually in a field.  Sometimes in the road.

'

“The chicken is a noble beast,

The cow is much forlorner,

Standing in the pouring rain,

With a leg in every corner.”

William McGonagall

18 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Poor slogan work this time round has done for them. “Labour haven’t got a plan” simply isn’t catchy enough.

This is where everyone is going wrong. Martin Luther king didn’t inspire a huge world changing movement by saying “I have a plan” he had a dream. All Rischi needs to do is say “I have a dream” then go on about the world as he’d like to sees it and the tool makers son would be fucked, he’ll chisel his own eyes out with his dads home made grinder 

1 minute ago, egg said:

You idolised Maggie Thatcher. If SoG is throwing stones from a greenhouse, you're doing it from a fricking massive conservatory 

Im not trying to pretend otherwise. In your rush to defend Soggys honour, you missed the point again. He now claims he’s “no time” for the politics he’s spent years expousing. 

36 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Hitler had some crackers didn’t he? (Godwin’s Law invoked).

Where did I say I was against them? I was simply pointing out that the Tories use reparation too.

As for take back control and get Brexit done…what happened there?  😂 The people you support lost control and the only thing “done” about Brexit is the UK economy!

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Im not trying to pretend otherwise. In your rush to defend Soggys honour, you missed the point again. He now claims he’s “no time” for the politics he’s spent years expousing. 

No rush to defend, however, you seem to be in a rush to try to drag his views down but you can't see the irony of doing so. Your focus is him, not the issues and it's tedious as fuck to be honest. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I would have preferred him to the dross that the Tories served up, yes. I am in step with anyone who is against genocide. I have never said that Diane Abbott would have made a good Home Secretary, but again I would prefer her to Patel or Braverman. There is a lot more to politics than a few policies or personalities. You won’t know that because the only thing that works for you are the dog whistle politics of Thatcher and Farage. You guzzle up the red meat they throw to you and the other gammons every time. Shouldn’t you be out distributing Reform leaflets?

31 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

I understand that in line with their recent slogans next week's Tory party slogan will be "Free beer tomorrow". 

It’ll be “vote Reform get labour” but as Rupert’s constituency is showing, that could back fire. 

IMG_8047.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What politics are they exactly?

All I want at the moment is the Tory Party out and the Reform Party to be without any MPs.

I have said many times that I have voted for the LibDems until Clegg handed power to Cameron. The last 2 elections I voted Labour tactically. This election I shall be voting Labour both tactically and because I think Starmer will make the best PM out of what we have to choose from. You try and turn that into some kind of endorsement of raging pinko politics but that is only in your warped imagination. Little wonder Farage has you in his thrall.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You jumped the shark on SOG a long time ago. Concentrate on you own stuff for a minute, your anti SOG stuff is a bit thin.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I don't know if you heard this, but the Today podcast had some bloke on there explaining that the Aussies in charge of the Tory campaign have put the 'no plan stuff' at the heart of the Tory campaign. They lifted it straight out of the Aussie Aboriginal rights referendum. It's meant to focus on Sunaks future plan and not the Tory past that includes the Truss's disaster. I guess it was their best shot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’ll be “vote Reform get labour” but as Rupert’s constituency is showing, that could back fire. 

IMG_8047.jpeg

The more Reform MPs the more the Tories tear themselves apart. Bring it on.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

I don't know if you heard this, but the Today podcast had some bloke on there explaining that the Aussies in charge of the Tory campaign have put the 'no plan stuff' at the heart of the Tory campaign. They lifted it straight out of the Aussie Aboriginal rights referendum. It's meant to focus on Sunaks future plan and not the Tory past that includes the Truss's disaster. I guess it was their best shot.

I don’t think there’s any slogan they could have successfully campaigned on. That said it’s absolutely remarkable just how bad they’ve been seen announcing the election, just an absolute cataclysm of poor decisions and the party is more toxic than it’s ever been.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

There was an Australian guru, Lynton Crosby, at the heart of Teresa May's 2017 campaign. They were so certain of success, that we got the dementia tax.

The Price of Politics podcast said that May's own cabinet didn't get to contribute, or possibly even see, May's manifesto.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

I don’t think there’s any slogan they could have successfully campaigned on. That said it’s absolutely remarkable just how bad they’ve been seen announcing the election, just an absolute cataclysm of poor decisions and the party is more toxic than it’s ever been.

They should have something about the VAT on private schools. Already seen some mugs on this thread lapping it up that it will hit the poor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

They should have something about the VAT on private schools. Already seen some mugs on this thread lapping it up that it will hit the poor. 

It shows how little latitude the left have, when a policy that has impact on a small amount of people, most who can handle it, has people not affected by it lining up to attack it. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

IMG_8047.jpeg

Lol. Somebody called "Lord Duckhunter" creaming himself because he claims to have found a poll which gives Rupert Lowe a 1% lead. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Here we go. Reclaim Britain 🇬🇧🥳

https://www.reformparty.uk/reclaiming-britain

So they will stop 'left wing hate mobs' but do nothing with right wing ones.

Overall, a Gammons' Charter, guaranteed to raise blood pressure and cause angry spittle to fly all over suburban middle England. You can imagine the anger and bile rising as they typed out their childish, reactionary, fantasies, dropping in every trope they could think of.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Reclaim from whom?

Left Wing wokerati hate mobs, fuelled and driven on by the BBC.

The only thing they seem to have missed out is reform of the Legal system to remove those 'Enemies of the People', the judiciary. That waffle would not have been out of place in Germany in 1933.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 4

From the BBC's reporting of Farage speaking in Wales;

’'The remaining three core pledges ask voters to "imagine no NHS waiting lists"; "imagine good wages for a hard day's work" and "imagine affordable, stable energy bills".''

The unpublished missing verse from a John Lennon classic ?

Edited by badgerx16
  • Haha 3

Fair play, they managed to get "woke" into the second sentence of their launch document.

Fuck me, they really have nothing of any substance other than nationalistic ideologies. It'll appeal to a certain base but it's so transparent that they're basically running on a manifesto purely of "brown people are bad".

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

From the BBC's reporting of Farage speaking in Wales;

’'The remaining three core pledges ask voters to "imagine no NHS waiting lists"; "imagine good wages for a hard day's work" and "imagine affordable, stable energy bills".''

The unpublished missing verse from a John Lennon classic ?

Young Farage's Beatles Tribute band, Sgt Pepper's Hitler Youth at Heart Band thankfully didn't last long. 🙂

• Haha 1

Imagine there’s no migrants

It’s easy if you try

The asylum seekers in small boats

Tip them up and let them die

Imagine all the migrants

Living life in Rwanda, oh oh

You can call me a racist, but I’m not the only one

I hope one day they will be on a plane

And the white people can live as one.

• Like 3