The 2024 General Election - July 4th

sadoldgit

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

not necessarily, Jesus hung out with hookers and dodgy tax inspectors.

That's bold of you - bringing religion into the election debate. Ade you trying to attract MLG?? 😁😁😁

10 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

So you can’t really give us a proper list but you know that all Muslims don’t share any of those values. Ok. Sounds pretty Islamophobic to me.

Examples? The “thank God my wife isn’t a Muslim” quote.

Your claim that all UK Muslims were complicit in terrorists acts because they didn’t go to the police with information. The inference being that all Muslims have links to terrorists.

Your constance defence of people who criticism normal British born/based Muslims.

Back to British values. Would you say that British values involve welcoming asylum seekers to our shores, treating them well, assessing their claims and dealing fairly with them according to the outcome or either sinking the boats or shipping all of them off to an African country whether they have a legitimate claim or not?

Do you think that there are any gay Muslims? Do all Muslims believe that homosexuality should not be tolerated? Do you think that there are still non Muslims who believe that homosexuality should not be tolerated and have no tolerance of trans people.

What? I just gave examples! I've addressed your quotes before which you have provided devoid of context, there's no need for me to justify them again as I've done it plenty of times before. You have no actual evidence, simply claims you've made up. 

No I don't believe that British values means welcoming all those who illegally cross the channel to get here, that's insane. People should be treated fairly (a British value imo) of course and that means fairly assessing the claims of those who apply through legal means,not giving preferential treatment to economic migrants who try to illegally skip the queue. I support potentially expanding legal migration routes when we have the means to do so but I have zero sympathy for anyone who funds illegal people trafficking and endanger the lives of themselves and others by crossing the channel. Rwanda is a stupid idea I've said that before. 

Of course there are gay Muslims and where have I made any claims about what "all" Muslims think? You've made that up. Of course there are non Muslims who share similarly backwards views as the Muslims I described and they should be challenged as well. I'm not sure I understand your point soggy. 

19 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

So you can’t really give us a proper list but you know that all Muslims don’t share any of those values. Ok. Sounds pretty Islamophobic to me.

Examples? The “thank God my wife isn’t a Muslim” quote.

Your claim that all UK Muslims were complicit in terrorists acts because they didn’t go to the police with information. The inference being that all Muslims have links to terrorists.

Your constance defence of people who criticism normal British born/based Muslims.

Back to British values. Would you say that British values involve welcoming asylum seekers to our shores, treating them well, assessing their claims and dealing fairly with them according to the outcome or either sinking the boats or shipping all of them off to an African country whether they have a legitimate claim or not?

Do you think that there are any gay Muslims? Do all Muslims believe that homosexuality should not be tolerated? Do you think that there are still non Muslims who believe that homosexuality should not be tolerated and have no tolerance of trans people.

So angry. So defensive. The actions of a man with something to hide. 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

So angry. So defensive. The actions of a man with something to hide. 

So desperate to find the bogey man he's railing against in his own head. I bet he checks under the bed every night just in case there's an islamophobe hiding there. 

• Like 1

According to Ofsted, these are the fundamental British values that one or more of the regular posters on here think that British Muslims do not adhere to.

Democracy

The Rule of Law

Individually Liberty

Mutual Respect

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

So desperate to find the bogey man he's railing against in his own head. I bet he checks under the bed every night just in case there's an islamophobe hiding there. 

No but I check under my bed to check that you and Turkish aren’t there. Baby Reindeers the both of you.

It’s ok for you to accuse others of being antisemitic, lefties, centrist blobs etc but you get tetchy when called out yourself. As said before, you need to change your name to hypocrite.

Shall we give it a rest for a while? I’m sure the other posters are bored shitless with this.

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

According to Ofsted, these are the fundamental British values that one or more of the regular posters on here think that British Muslims do not adhere to.

Democracy

The Rule of Law

Individually Liberty

Mutual Respect

No one said that "British Muslims" do not adhere to British values. HTH

43 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Wasn’t one of Norman Tebbit’s tests to understand the rules of cricket?

No - was about which team you support.

fuck me since you paid the fiver you have spammed every fucking thread. Give it rest. Get out of the house. Find somewhere that needs a volunteer. 

• Like 2

Just now, badgerx16 said:

How long do you have to practice Islamophobia before you become properly qualified ?

Sure SOG loves that fact that women should wear a hijab and not show their face. Liberating for woman to be anonymised. Still if you suppress Christianity you stop the Nazis

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

No but I check under my bed to check that you and Turkish aren’t there. Baby Reindeers the both of you.

It’s ok for you to accuse others of being antisemitic, lefties, centrist blobs etc but you get tetchy when called out yourself. As said before, you need to change your name to hypocrite.

Shall we give it a rest for a while? I’m sure the other posters are bored shitless with this.

Nicking other people shit jokes now. 

Given for years you've repeatedly called people racist, far right, Tommy Robinson supporters as well as the numerous other attacks , you completely unprovoked  called me a narcissist today on another thread for example, whilst showing some horrific personality traits yourself the only hypocrite on here is what you see in the mirror. A very nasty individual as well as being a compulsive bullshitter who 100% carries on like you do due to some attempt at covering up previous wrongs. said it many times and stand by it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

How long do you have to practice Islamophobia before you become properly qualified ?

Problem is terminology- everyone loves/needs a phobia, any challenge is to be phobic. It is how bullies operate

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

A very nasty individual as well as being a compulsive bullshitter who 100% carries on like you do due to some attempt at covering up previous wrongs. said it many times and stand by it.

Very accurate description. Tries to hide under the cuddly old simpleton persona but that mask fell off years ago.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, whelk said:

Problem is terminology- everyone loves/needs a phobia, any challenge is to be phobic. It is how bullies operate

Indeed and supremely ironic that soggy has been bemoaning the fact that he feels he can't criticise Israel without being labelled antisemitic. 

22 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Democracy

The Rule of Law

Individually Liberty

Mutual Respect

Do ALL British Muslims adhere to those?

I'm fairly sure, as Hypo has already pointed out, that some, especially the more radical ones, don't.

Having said originally that Sunak didn’t understand our culture, clearly a racist comment, he is now trying to pretend that he didn’t understand because of class and wealth. King Charles is minted and I am pretty sure that Cameron isn’t short of a penny or two. Both would be described as being quite high on the class barometer. They seemed to understand how important the occasion was. Just be honest Nigel, for a change.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13511143/amp/nigel-farage-rishi-sunak-d-day-culture-commemoration.html

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

There are some in all ethnic groupings that don't comply with those principles.

Of course there is. Is there any evidence to suggest that a proportionally higher number of British Muslims than the average Brit believes for example that Homosexuality is wrong and that Sharia Law should be adopted for example? 

Edited by hypochondriac

5 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

King Charles is minted and I am pretty sure that Cameron isn’t short of a penny or two. Both would be described as being quite high on the class barometer. They seemed to understand how important the occasion was. Just be honest Nigel, for a change.

He wasn’t saying that anyone with money and privilege didn’t understand, just Sunak. He wasn’t saying the reason for that was race, just his privilege. Starmer said more or less the same thing, that his privilege meant he didn’t understand the struggle of the British people. Was he being racist as well.

At the end of the day leaving early did show he didn’t understand, that’s an absolute fact. If he did he wouldn’t have left. All of a sudden Nigel is the bad guy. 😂

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

21 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Indeed and supremely ironic that soggy has been bemoaning the fact that he feels he can't criticise Israel without being labelled antisemitic. 

As has been said numerous times, the criticism of Netanyahu, his government and the IDF is shut down by claims of antisemitism. From heads of state, the UN, aid agencies right down to random posters on a football website.

Your constant criticism of Muslims and support of those who criticise Muslims has nothing to do with them destroying houses, schools, universities, hospitals and tens of thousands of innocent civilians and the oppression of a much weaker people and everything to do with the followers of Islam.

There is a difference and just to illustrate it further, my criticism of the Netanyahu’s government has only been going on since the day after 7th October. Your criticism of Muslims has been going on here for years.

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

As has been said numerous times, the criticism of Netanyahu, his government and the IDF is shut down by claims of antisemitism. From heads of state, the UN, aid agencies right down to random posters on a football website.

Your constant criticism of Muslims and support of those who criticise Muslims has nothing to do with them destroying houses, schools, universities, hospitals and tens of thousands of innocent civilians and the oppression of a much weaker people and everything to do with the followers of Islam.

There is a difference and just to illustrate it further, my criticism of the Netanyahu’s government has only been going on since the day after 7th October. Your criticism of Muslims has been going on here for years.

Criticism of some of the teachings of Islam and some of the regressive attitudes of some Muslims in Britain is not Islamophobic. Islam is a series of beliefs and like all beliefs it is perfectly fine to challenge, mock, criticise and deny all of them. 

Just now, badgerx16 said:

Until Farage is sanctioned by Law he is free to say what he wants.

British Values.

Of course he is. It is just that another poster was using this as a stick to beat all Muslims with whilst ignoring the same views by others who would consider themselves to be   holders of British values. One in particular who has recently  accused the PM of not understanding “our” culture.

4 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Good to hear Ed Davey talk about Brexit and the Greens have the balls to be honest about their opinion too. The very large elephant in the room.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/jun/10/brexit-shaped-hole-election-unreality-material-lives-voters

That article goes nowhere.

Brexit happened,; for some it was wonderfully liberating, for many a disaster that was foretold. Unfortunately it cannot be easily undone.

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Of course he is. It is just that another poster was using this as a stick to beat all Muslims with whilst ignoring the same views by others who would consider themselves to be   holders of British values. One in particular who has recently  accused the PM of not understanding “our” culture.

I'll let someone else point out why this is a lie...

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

There's an election on - it colours what politicians say, and permits them to play to their target audience by becoming parodies of themselves.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I'll let someone else point out why this is a lie...

But it isn’t. You say your hatred of Muslims comes from their lack of British values. If you are telling us that all Muslims are opposed to homosexuality then there are some who we would consider to hold British values have the same alleged views. How do you feel about them?

There are plenty of what you would call proper British people who don’t hold British values. What should we do with them? Send them to Rwanda too?

Edited by sadoldgit
Add text

6 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

But it isn’t. You say your hatred of Muslims comes from their lack of British values. If you are telling us that all Muslims are opposed to homosexuality then there are some who we would consider to hold British values have the same alleged views. How do you feel about them?

There are plenty of what you would call proper British people who don’t hold British values. What should we do with them? Send them to Rwanda too?

1) I don't hate Muslims. 

2) I have never said nor think that all Muslims are opposed to homosexuality. 

3) I have already spoken about non Muslims who don't share British values. 

4) I have already said that Rwanda is a dumb idea. 

Like I said. Lies. 

59 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

He wasn’t saying that anyone with money and privilege didn’t understand, just Sunak. He wasn’t saying the reason for that was race, just his privilege. Starmer said more or less the same thing, that his privilege meant he didn’t understand the struggle of the British people. Was he being racist as well.

At the end of the day leaving early did show he didn’t understand, that’s an absolute fact. If he did he wouldn’t have left. All of a sudden Nigel is the bad guy. 😂

I dunno, there is a wiff of racism with his choice of language IMO. Maybe it's because of who said it but it could be racially motivated.

If Boris Johnson had left early do you really think he would say he doesn't understand "our culture"? I doubt it, he would more likely say he's out of touch with normal people or something similar.

Edited by aintforever

37 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Our LBC correspondent must have missed this from this morning. 

Fresh from not having the “figures to hand” of roughly how many pupils are privately educated, the shadow education sec didn’t know how many breakfasts will be needed for their latest gimmick. 

https://x.com/LBC/status/1800085493142499333

Ducker says feeding kids is a gimmick.

• Haha 2

Mods - can we have a vote to put someone on a sabbatical? This thread was about the election but always turns into same bs that is hard to sift through

• Like 5

Has anyone got in their manifesto getting feckless old bastards back to work or picking up litter or being car park marshalls? Should do something with the lazy parasites