Newcastle 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

FarehamSaintJames

Been saying it for months, play the inconsistent, yet unpredictable attackers and they will create at least a couple of chances a match, rather than the three consistently shit and predictable attackers (Walcott, Elyounoussi and A. Armstrong). Shame it's taken so long to work out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

If we manage to hang on then we will be 3 points off notts forest in 17th with them to play next, Leeds also 3 points ahead of us play City next.

Why did we fuck around with so many of our winnable games playing negative football? 

Don’t do it to yourself my friend. Not at least for another hour.

• Like 1

Just now, Saint Matty 76 said:

Don’t do it to yourself my friend. Not at least for another hour.

Our biggest hindrance is Selles shitting himself again. The only sub I would accept him making now is Djenepo for Adams to give us someone to hold the ball up and relieve pressure.

• Like 1

So far so good. At least strongly due to picking players capable of doing something furhter up the park, it wasn;t all one way traffic. Sure, Newcastle had opportuniites, with Lyanco being tested by Gordon, and leaving gaps, before getting some dominance. But when were weathering a bit of pressure, SellesBall of a central counterattck paid off. Today we had the players, and as a group, to make that attack pay off. They worked as a unit, rather than our counter being form a random clearance where someone has to hope for the best. Newcastle will undoubtedly get opportunities. So it's a test of Selles whether he tires to shut up shop with a lead as per normal unsuccessful SellesBall, or still adopt a more attacking outlook, so that Newcastl e will know to be wary of overcommitting.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Newcastle 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic