Charlie Boss - New Commercial Officer

Master Bates

• Master Bates changed the title to Charlie Boss - New Comms Officer
3 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

“Exciting and entertaining fan engagement solutions” 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

How about just buying a striker? 

It was very clearly a choice between a new commercial manager and signing a striker and I, for one, support the club making what is obviously the correct decision.

• Haha 5

Goes without saying - which is probably why they haven’t bothered - that we’ve tracked Charlie Boss over his career and he was always our number one target.

And had to fight off  last minute interest from a couple of unnamed premiership clubs for his signature.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

With a background at Disneyland and the Jockey Club he’s going to fit right in. 

Fun fair on the pitch at full time followed with a  Donkey Derby around the pitch,and someone picking up the shit for the pitch.

• Master Bates changed the title to Charlie Boss - New Commercial Officer
  • 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Has left for family reasons. Was commuting from Hackney apparently, as didn’t relocate

https://x.com/alfiehouseecho/status/1798452145483546919?s=46&t=f0hgNyKSvvOD5qjGLJhsXQ

I vaguely know Greg Baker who is taking over the role according to that tweet. Sadly not well enough that I can get any info which will elevate me to CoT status. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Suhari said:

We're run like a cheap b&b.

Jesus you are both using this to attack the club. A relatively minor management change 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, StDunko said:

Yep, whoosh.

Maybe if he said a cheap seaside B&B, he would have got it  🤔

CB’s response:

After an unforgettable 18 month journey with Southampton Football Club, I am delighted to be handing the baton to Saints’ new Chief Revenue Officer, Greg Baker. He is inheriting a talented Commercial team that has been doing phenomenal work and has big ambitions for next season in the Premier League and beyond. Having worked closely with Greg throughout my time with the club, I can’t think of a better person to help the team realise those ambitions.

Thank you to all my colleagues and our fans for their warmth and kindness while I have been with this wonderful club. It was so special to be part of our promotion journey this season. Once a Saint, always a Saint 😇

I am looking forward to taking some time with my family over the summer while I consider what comes next.

Edited by Doctoroncall
  • Haha 1

Good decision by the club - we all want RM to be absolutely ruthless this summer as he builds a team capable of dominating 'the Prem' - and this early decision will rightly send shockwaves through the first team.   It sends out the clear message that I (not me obviously - but Russell Martin) am in complete control here .....

7 minutes ago, SaintNewForest said:

Our staff turnover under SR is ridiculous

A lot seem to be getting ‘promotions’ though, so maybe suggests they’re employing good people?

• Like 1

Whenever people say our staff turnover is ridiculous are they comparing that to other teams that they know have a lot fewer staff moving roles?

Be interesting to know if they are basing that on fact or just randomly throwing it out there as a thing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

A lot seem to be getting ‘promotions’ though, so maybe suggests they’re employing good people?

Yeah, kinda how I'm seeing it. If they can replicate this turn over on the pitch, we'll be in good shape next season. 

That being said, from a pure strategic poisiton (and obviously replicating that sucess will be harder if the decision makers are also moving on), you do want / need consistency at the top... 

• Like 2

On 05/06/2024 at 21:49, The Cat said:

I vaguely know Greg Baker who is taking over the role according to that tweet. Sadly not well enough that I can get any info which will elevate me to CoT status. 

Top bloke and a good Saints fan.

• Like 2