Block One

64saint

20 hours ago, samcrocker said:

Away fans at the King Power are in what would be the Chapel/Kingsland corner.

Interesting that their family stand is next to the away fans, and their Northam is referred to as a Kop...spacer.png

Of course, the way it should be at St Mary's is this

spacer.png

and make it safe standing from blocks 37-48 (we'll give aways a little bit). But only bugger is, the club won't give up KIngsland 'Centre' seats to aways at just £30 when they can rinse home fans for double that - plus their knees would quickly buckle once the Police tell them they can't do it.

It would also mean giving up blocks 40-42 for cup matches (until...cough...tongue-in-cheek...we stick another tier above the KIngsland and stick them up there) and they'd have to give the railway bridge to visitors and then turn right for the coaches - personally, I'd force them park out by the motorway and make them walk along the train tracks.

Edited by alehouseboys
  • Like 4

Out of interest does anybody know how many tickets Leicester were given last night at St James Park? There didnt seem many fans , or they didnt sing as you heard nothing from them. Newcastle put away fans well away from where they can influence the atmosphere.. Am much bigger ground of course but we put the welcome mat out

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

Out of interest does anybody know how many tickets Leicester were given last night at St James Park? There didnt seem many fans , or they didnt sing as you heard nothing from them. Newcastle put away fans well away from where they can influence the atmosphere.. Am much bigger ground of course but we put the welcome mat out

It's a joke Newcastle are allowed to put the fans up in the Gods despite a PL ruling that some portion of the away fans have to be near the pitch i.e. on the lowest tier

3 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Newcastle aren’t really a benchmark. Their positioning of away fans at St James Park goes against the Premier league rules that were brought in around 5-6 years ago which stipulates that away fans must be positioned pitchside. Newcastle are the only ones that don’t comply, they have an exemption due to “safety reasons” (basically keeping supporters segregated on entry/exit).

8 hours ago, alehouseboys said:

Of course, the way it should be at St Mary's is this

and make it safe standing from blocks 37-48 (we'll give aways a little bit). But only bugger is, the club won't give up KIngsland 'Centre' seats to aways at just £30 when they can rinse home fans for double that - plus their knees would quickly buckle once the Police tell them they can't do it.

It would also mean giving up blocks 40-42 for cup matches (until...cough...tongue-in-cheek...we stick another tier above the KIngsland and stick them up there) and they'd have to give the railway bridge to visitors and then turn right for the coaches - personally, I'd force them park out by the motorway and make them walk along the train tracks.

At the King Power the away fans are in the equivalent of the Kingsland/Chapel corner.  The problem with the suggestion of having away supporters in the Kingsland/Northam corner is that it is right in front of the steps up to Northam Road.  So impossible to segregate.  Goodness knows how it would work if we ever played Pompey again.  The police want to be able to seal off the away supporters (closing the North Car Park/Britannia Road) when the need arises.  Sadly I think that we are stuck with having away supporters in half of the Northam.  Not sure that it would be terribly easy to move them round slightly into blocks 1-3 of the Itchen.

This is what I’d do.

I’d make The Chapel safe standing, I’d move the family section to the Kingsland end of the Northam. I’d then make block one hideously expensive so if any muppets want to go next to the away fans and throw abuse, they’ll pay a premium for it.

I’d then vigorously enforce regulations when policing the away end. If they persist in standing, then that club will have their allocation reduced the following season, same with swearing or general twatery towards our family section and throwing of flares. If they sit there quietly they’ll get a bigger allocation next time. If they take off their tops they’ll get a 2 year ban (chicks excluded) and if they urinate on the seats or ring a bell, they’ll get a life ban. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

• 4 weeks later...