What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

23 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Woke up this morning to find our village without power. Due back on at 11am. 😂

What a way to round off a crap year. Merry bloody Christmas!

11am ain't so bad SoG...unless your missus bought a 9kg turkey like mine did! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Kraken’s letter only half answered then. Could be worse SOG just be happy you don’t live in Kherson

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Just think of the savings you’ll make off your electricity bill. Also you’ll be able to keep your wine and beers cool without using the fridge, if you put them outside it’ll increase your daily activity and step count to burn off some of the excessive calories you’ll consume over the festive season. at your age it’s all longevity so any additional movement should be embraced. 

That’s the difference between us soggy, you look at everything with a woe is me attitude, I look at everything as an opportunity. 

4 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Wow, what a heart-warming forum moment that is, and in the season of goodwill too.

It was like watching Israeli soldiers hugging Palestinians - while explaining that bulldozing their houses would offer them more outdoor leisure space.

Control the controllables Rallyboy

soggy has a choice, he can either mope around thinking how terrible his life is, or proactively embrace the moment and use it for a positive outcome. Whichever he chooses he’ll still be without electricity for a period of time, but how he deals with this relatively minor set back is down to him, I think we know which one he’ll choose we also know which one he should choose. Cowards and heroes feel the same fear it’s how they react to it that sets them apart.

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Kraken’s letter only half answered then. Could be worse SOG just be happy you don’t live in Kherson

Very true Whelk. Power came back on at 11:30am so the pub will be fine as they are just over the road! A few villages left without power still but people rallying around with offers of places at the diner table, bbq’s and camper stoves (not ideal for the turkey but essential for a cuppa) so the Dunkirk spirt is alive and kicking in rural Kent. The power people have been excellent with constant updates by text and advice. It seems like a local pole burst into flames which knocked the power out at 7:30am. They managed to reroute most of the supplies and have arranged to bring in a generator to supply those still without power which should happen by about 2/3pm. I don’t know if they have pulled out all of the stops because it’s Christmas Day but it is good to see a utility service actually providing a service! 
As per your point Whelk, if the worst that happens is that some Christmas dinners end up a few hours late, there are many with greater things to worry about around the world today.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Very true Whelk. Power came back on at 11:30am so the pub will be fine as they are just over the road! A few villages left without power still but people rallying around with offers of places at the diner table, bbq’s and camper stoves (not ideal for the turkey but essential for a cuppa) so the Dunkirk spirt is alive and kicking in rural Kent. The power people have been excellent with constant updates by text and advice. It seems like a local pole burst into flames which knocked the power out at 7:30am. They managed to reroute most of the supplies and have arranged to bring in a generator to supply those still without power which should happen by about 2/3pm. I don’t know if they have pulled out all of the stops because it’s Christmas Day but it is good to see a utility service actually providing a service! 
As per your point Whelk, if the worst that happens is that some Christmas dinners end up a few hours late, there are many with greater things to worry about around the world today.

Great attitude soggy, love that. Don’t let disappointment defeat you, let it drive you. Shane about the local Pole bursting into flames, hope they put him out quickly and he’s not too badly injured

On 24/12/2022 at 12:15, AlexLaw76 said:

Moving around of medical supplies, PPE and such like.  It was a shit show of epic proportions whilst the PM was slated daily by Rigby, Peston and co.

If you think PHE were responsible for medical supplies and ppe , you even more clueless than we all thought 

🤣

43 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

The whole thing was a shit show. PHE, SCCL etc.  A laughable mess.

As you are a Tory/Johnson fan boy you can’t admit the to the complete miss management of the situation by those incompetent clowns and try to portion blame to areas you have no understanding of…..

Easily led foolish Tory voter

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

“So why do you think you have what it takes to work at Sainsburys?”

”Well I got an A* in Skateboarding” 

Seeing as "E-Sports" is now being pushed by the International Olympic Committee perhaps in future you will be able to get into Oxford by being good at FIFA.

Edited by badgerx16

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Who comes up with this sort of stuff? If anyone said to me they were going to call Peados a more PC term surely you’d suspect them. 

Has any big name politicians come out in support of this? What worries me is if arrested and free peados jump on the bandwagon and make it the new thing that you can’t say anything against them. It will never work but they’ll try. 

Police Scotland may actually have been the ones to get the term removed...

“At the first meeting of the consortium, in Warsaw in September 2022, Police Scotland officers successfully lobbied for the MAP term to be removed from recognised terminology used by more than 20 European partners,” DCS Faulds said."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/police-scotland-denies-officially-labelling-paedophiles-minor-attracted-people/ar-AA15Rnsh

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

you do realise they do not run Scotland?

At least 50% of he big issues are reserved

What can the Scottish Parliament decide?

The Scottish Parliament has power to make laws on a range of issues known as devolved matters. 

Devolved matters include:

• agriculture, forestry and fisheries
  • benefits (some aspects)
  • consumer advocacy and advice
  • economic development
  • education and training
  • elections to the Scottish Parliament and local government
  • energy (some aspects)
  • environment
  • equality legislation (some aspects)
  • fire services
  • freedom of information
  • health and social services
  • housing
  • justice and policing
  • local government
  • planning
  • sport and the arts
  • taxation (some aspects)
  • tourism
  • transport (some aspects)

What cannot be decided by the Scottish Parliament?

Some issues that have a UK or international impact remain the responsibility of the UK Parliament alone. These are known as reserved matters.

Reserved matters include:

• benefits (some aspects)
  • betting and gambling
  • broadcasting
  • constitution (some aspects) 
  • consumer protection policy
  • currency
  • data protection
  • defence and national security
  • equality legislation (most aspects)
  • energy (most aspects)
  • elections to the UK Parliament
  • employment law and industrial relations
  • financial services
  • foreign affairs
  • immigration, asylum and visas
  • nationality and citizenship
  • postal services
  • taxation (some aspects)
  • telecommunications
  • trade and industry
  • transport (some aspects)

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Nope. I've tried, but I can't think what possible relevance this has to a thread about what is wrong with the UK.

I thought might be unrequited love from one of Batman’s ex’s making him sad

7 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

She has ruined so many lives, but I bet she doesn't get anywhere near enough jail time.

Also, according to that article, there were lots of people out 'in town' on 'nights out' having plenty of 'sex parties' during lockdown.  I assume there will also be a police investigation of those and plenty of fines issued retrospectively.

So many things that currently need to be addressed in the country, but apparently, 'missing Rishi' is going to give a speech outlining that all kids must study maths until they are 18!  Not sure that's the golden goose he's expecting it to be.  Some kids (and a lot of adults) are just shit at maths.  Making them study it for longer isn't the answer.

• Like 3