What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

The fact that Clarkson's own daughter has distanced herself from his comments says it all. Talk of her parading the streets naked and being pelted with shit is abhorrent, and disliking her more than a child  killer is another level of wrong. I liked Clarkson until Friday. Personally I don't think Harry and Meghan should have spoken out, but it's a shame that there was a limit to what they could say, ditto the British media. 

Edited by egg
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, egg said:

The fact that Clarkson's own daughter has distanced herself from his comments says it all. Talk of her parading the streets naked and being pelted with shit is abhorrent, and disliking her more than a child  killer is another level of wrong. I liked Clarkson until Friday. Personally I don't think Harry and Meghan should have spoken out, but it's a shame that there was a limit to what they could say, ditto the British media. 

I agree.  He is of course free to say these things but has read the room incorrectly

He is now in the bin with Frankie Boyle, Jo Brand and Miriam Margolyes

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I agree.  He is of course free to say these things but has read the room incorrectly

He is now in the bin with Frankie Boyle, Jo Brand and Miriam Margolyes

Did you see her on this morning recently? Hilarious telling a woman who hasn’t had a date for a while to lose weight and make sure she washes properly 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Did you see her on this morning recently? Hilarious telling a woman who hasn’t had a date for a while to lose weight and make sure she washes properly 😂😂😂

weird how she has not been cancelled (or called to be cancelled) by the 'mob'...

35 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The woman is horrid. Staggering that she's still in the public eye, and being paid for it. 

46 minutes ago, egg said:

The woman is horrid. Staggering that she's still in the public eye, and being paid for it. 

Vile thing. I saw an advert earlier she's got some christmas special program on at some point over the next week. How people like that get on TV is beyond me.

My tea making with the radio today had a person being interviewed by Nicky Campbell.

She said that Clarkson's tirade (that I've not read) was racially motivated. That not only was he a misogynist, but was clearly a racist.

When challenged she said that whatever Clarkson said had clear parallels with the slave trade. He would know this, and therefore it was a racist attack.

Campbell challenged again, and the person interviewed seemed taken aback that anyone would challenge this narrative. Campbell asked where was the racist element to the comments, highlighted that whatever it was was a general form of punishment, and with more recent links to a TV programme.

The person back peddled to misogyny, but snuck in another "clearly" relating to the real hatred Clarkson had, before I turned it off. Right at the end Markle was mentioned.

So based on that snippet, Clarkson may be:-

A racist
A misogynist
Have views on crime and punishment that are from another century.
Be a very staunch monarchist, who will attack any of their critics.
Watch so much of a TV programme that it bleeds into his normal life.
Be a bit of a bellend.
Leave himself open to people looking to peddle their own unsupportable agendas.
Keen to say anything to shift some newspapers/clicks.
Leave himself open to people who worry about him wandering around in their community.
None, some, most or all of the above.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

backtracking a little 

That's done him no favours. "Clumsy" is bollox, he needed to issue a full and unreserved apology. I suspect we'll be seeing and hearing less of him in the future. 

32 minutes ago, egg said:

That's done him no favours. "Clumsy" is bollox, he needed to issue a full and unreserved apology. I suspect we'll be seeing and hearing less of him in the future. 

I didnt watch game of thrones as it’s for geeks and virgins but assume someone walked down the street having shit thrown at them?

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I didnt watch game of thrones as it’s for geeks and virgins but assume someone walked down the street having shit thrown at them?

No idea mate. Watched the very first episode with the missus and that was enough. Whatever happened, he knew exactly what he was saying. 

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Great. Now we'll never know if that happened in it, as no one will admit to having watched it. 🙂

Me? ...  lowers voice to gravelly, non virgin geek tone...  never seen it in me life...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Great. Now we'll never know if that happened in it, as no one will admit to having watched it. 🙂

Me? ...  lowers voice to gravelly, non virgin geek tone...  never seen it in me life...

I put it on once to see what all the fuss was about it was a load of kids dressed up in kings outfits being chased by wolves, it’s was proper weird. Any adult that is addicted to a program where a dragon can fly across the screen at any moment needs to have word with themselves. 

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

I put it on once to see what all the fuss was about it was a load of kids dressed up in kings outfits being chased by wolves, it’s was proper weird. Any adult that is addicted to a program where a dragon can fly across the screen at any moment needs to have word with themselves. 

Does the same apply if somebody has read the books ?

And would it apply to any book with dragons ? The Hobbit ? The Silmarillion ? Any of Anne McCaffrey's Dragon Rider series ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rallyboy said:

After reading it he now seems as upset as anyone, poor guy - not quite upset enough to apologise but he's clearly now a victim.

He used to be an obnoxious cnut, and this latest episode suggests that not much has changed.

Are you talking about Clarkson or This fella? It gets confusing when we are all supposed to be outraged.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/john-mcdonnell-refuses-to-apologise-for-lynch-esther-mcvey-comments-a3745636.html

48 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Are you talking about Clarkson or This fella? It gets confusing when we are all supposed to be outraged.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/john-mcdonnell-refuses-to-apologise-for-lynch-esther-mcvey-comments-a3745636.html

People are such delicate snowflakes these days, getting upset about everything, says man still weeping his little heart out about something someone he doesn't like said nearly five years ago.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

Strange you seem to want to talk about it quite a lot though and judge anyone who watches it. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

They are, but none of them will admit to have seen it.

I saw it. I saw all of the shows and read the books and enjoyed both. The trouble is that if you are going to be the forum too cool for school kid you are always going to look like a poor man’s Jeremy Clarkson. And getting back to him, he is another rent a gob who makes money out of being “controversial” like Katie Hopkins and Julie Burchill. Little wonder he is now peddling his shoddy wares for The Sun. The strangest thing about this episode is that the Queen Consort has invited two of her step daughter-in-law’s biggest vocal critics, him and Piers Morgan, to a glossy function.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I saw it. I saw all of the shows and read the books and enjoyed both. The trouble is that if you are going to be the forum too cool for school kid you are always going to look like a poor man’s Jeremy Clarkson. And getting back to him, he is another rent a gob who makes money out of being “controversial” like Katie Hopkins and Julie Burchill. Little wonder he is now peddling his shoddy wares for The Sun. The strangest thing about this episode is that the Queen Consort has invited two of her step daughter-in-law’s biggest vocal critics, him and Piers Morgan, to a glossy function.

Why am I not surprised. 

I wouldn’t criticise clarkson too much if were you, not only do you have the same taste in TV programmes, you both talk a lot of shit and both condone violence against women, you’re actually quite similar 

Edited by Turkish

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Why am I not surprised. 

Guess you are more into the I`m a celebrity type and other "reality" type programmes 

Up to the individual though, isn't it?

Why are you always so judgemental? Particularly about sadoldgit

Edited by tdmickey3

22 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

Guess you are more into the I`m a celebrity type and other "reality" type programmes 

Up to the individual though, isn't it?

Why are you always so judgemental? Particularly about sadoldgit

Not really. I watched a bit of I’m a celebrity because the missus wanted to watch it, load of shit. I don’t watch much TV. Usually sport, documentaries, travel or cooking program, Discovering Italy with Stanley Tucci is excellent, crime dramas like Line of Duty. the best thing I’ve watched recently was Chris Hemsworths Limitless on Disney, it was excellent, you should give it a go rather than waiting for me to post and reacting or responding every time I do all day every day. 

Edited by Turkish

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Why am I not surprised. 

I wouldn’t criticise clarkson too much if were you, not only do you have the same taste in TV programmes, you both talk a lot of shit and both condone violence against women, you’re actually quite similar 

ab67616d00001e02faf581de04777017496c11e7

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

Don't always agree with you but I'm with you on this. Stanley Tucci is great as a guide through the country's cuisine.

I have no idea why the predictive text spelt out Stucco :lol:

It's not just the cuisine part, it's the way he goes into the history of the area and goes to some off the back street areas not just the main tourist bits. For example when he went to Ischia and gave the history or why rabbit is so popular there. Its a great programme, dont tire of watching it.

Edited by Turkish

57 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Not really. I watched a bit of I’m a celebrity because the missus wanted to watch it, load of shit. I don’t watch much TV. Usually sport, documentaries, travel or cooking program, Discovering Italy with Stanley Tucci is excellent, crime dramas like Line of Duty. the best thing I’ve watched recently was Chris Hemsworths Limitless on Disney, it was excellent, you should give it a go rather than waiting for me to post and reacting or responding every time I do all day every day. 

Don`t flatter yourself, I respond and react to lots of posts not just yours and don't often post as I only have 3 a day

8 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

ab67616d00001e02faf581de04777017496c11e7

You have to laugh at him. As usual no self awareness. As I say, poor man’s Jeremy Clarkson. Thinks himself smarter than he is. Finds targets to stalk and take a pop at whilst making himself look foolish. Judgemental to an absurd degree given his level of ignorance and constantly making up things to back up his ridiculously spurious arguments. He doesn’t like me because I have called him out for what he is, a dyed in the wool narcissist, much like Clarkson. Having been married to one and working with another for 22 years I know exactly what their personality traits are. He ticks all the boxes. The trouble with them is if you knock them off their pedestal, they come after you and do all they can to run you down, hence the bizarre constant stalking.

Back to the show. Given that it won so many awards and was watched and read by so many, to dismiss it as just a show for virgins and nerds shows a level of ignorance know only to the resident WUM and troll. Anyone who has had more than a cursory glance at it will know that it is a very adult and well constructed show and way more than just a kids fantasy drama. It takes a strange kind of person to slag off something they know very little about, but that is my resident stalker for you. Still, it is his loss and he is the type who loves to wallow in his own ignorance whilst firing out pointless and misinformed barbs, much like his more famous mentor and hero, Jeremy Clarkson. I wonder if he too looks like a gnarled gonad?

(Lapping it up, all attention is good attention eh Turkish? 😉)

PS - how many times? You are on my ignore list (I know it grates as you crave attention) but that  doesn’t prevent your posts (sadly) appearing on my screen when people quote you as Whitey Grandad did in this case 🙄. I have told you this countless time. Suewhistle has told you too. Are you really that dense that you still don’t understand how this works?

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

You have to laugh at him. As usual no self awareness. As I say, poor man’s Jeremy Clarkson. Thinks himself smarter than he is. Finds targets to stalk and take a pop at whilst making himself look foolish. Judgemental to an absurd degree given his level of ignorance and constantly making up things to back up his ridiculously spurious arguments. He doesn’t like me because I have called him out for what he is, a dyed in the wool narcissist, much like Clarkson. Having been married to one and working with another for 22 years I know exactly what their personality traits are. He ticks all the boxes. The trouble with them is if you knock them off their pedestal, they come after you and do all they can to run you down, hence the bizarre constant stalking.

Back to the show. Given that it won so many awards and was watched and read by so many, to dismiss it as just a show for virgins and nerds shows a level of ignorance know only to the resident WUM and troll. Anyone who has had more than a cursory glance at it will know that it is a very adult and well constructed show and way more than just a kids fantasy drama. It takes a strange kind of person to slag off something they know very little about, but that is my resident stalker for you. Still, it is his loss and he is the type who loves to wallow in his own ignorance whilst firing out pointless and misinformed barbs, much like his more famous mentor and hero, Jeremy Clarkson. I wonder if he too looks like a gnarled gonad?

PS - how many times? You are on my ignore list (I know it grates as you crave attention) but that  doesn’t prevent your posts (sadly) appearing on my screen when people quote you as Whitey Grandad did in this case 🙄. I have told you this countless time. Suewhistle has told you too. Are you really that dense that you still don’t understand how this works?

oh i understand how it works, I understand because numerous times you’ve “forgotten” I’m on your ignore list and replied and quoted me, it’s hilarious 🤣

What also Hilarious is posting 12 hours ago and then comes back on 8 hours later to edit his post to get another dig in at me. Absolutely obsessed. 😂

Edited by Turkish

22 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Dear God, 💤 

• Like 1

On 20/12/2022 at 10:00, sadoldgit said:

On the ignore point. It makes no sense to me that you'd put somebody on ignore but choose to reply to their posts when you see them. That suggests that you don't actually want to ignore them. 

39 minutes ago, egg said:

On the ignore point. It makes no sense to me that you'd put somebody on ignore but choose to reply to their posts when you see them. That suggests that you don't actually want to ignore them. 

Like he's got me on ignore. On several occasions he's replied directly to me, when pointed out he cant do that he's made out he read the post without being logged in, logged in, took me off ignore to reply, replied then put me back on ignore. Yeah course he did. :lol:

1 hour ago, egg said:

Or maybe it would suggest that you want to put the record straight for other readers who might actually fall for his guff? Obviously if I don’t see his posts I don’t worry about whether I should respond or not. If I see one of his posts quoted in another’s posters comment, I can ignore its content but it is harder not to read it. Does that make sense to you or do you want to continue to give the forum troll more support? Just so that we are clear, TUI inside became a much nicer environment to post in once he was banned and I am sure the same could be said for here. One of the reasons I don’t cough up £5 is posters like him, but if you want to believe that I have some kind of morbid fascination with him and need to interact with a strange individual who stalks people on the internet, knock yourself out Egg.

• Like 1

Getting back to the subject of this thread....

Has anyone else noticed how public services are falling apart?  My father in law has just died and it has taken 12 days to get an appointment with a registrar. By law deaths need to be registered within 5 days!!!

6 years ago I had 2 registrar appointments within 3 days (cock up with the death certificate meant a second visit) when my mother in law died.

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Or maybe it would suggest that you want to put the record straight for other readers who might actually fall for his guff? Obviously if I don’t see his posts I don’t worry about whether I should respond or not. If I see one of his posts quoted in another’s posters comment, I can ignore its content but it is harder not to read it. Does that make sense to you or do you want to continue to give the forum troll more support? Just so that we are clear, TUI inside became a much nicer environment to post in once he was banned and I am sure the same could be said for here. One of the reasons I don’t cough up £5 is posters like him, but if you want to believe that I have some kind of morbid fascination with him and need to interact with a strange individual who stalks people on the internet, knock yourself out Egg.

They dont need to "fall for his guff" It's all on here, loads of examples and plenty of people have seen it. Sad that someone who gives so much credence to his reputation on internet forums is a laughing stock across many of them, along with outing himself to be the exact opposite of the character he likes to portray. And someone you have on ignore is the reason you wont cough up a fiver :lol: 

Edited by Turkish

30 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Has anyone else noticed how public services are falling apart?  My father in law has just died and it has taken 12 days to get an appointment with a registrar. By law deaths need to be registered within 5 days!!!

6 years ago I had 2 registrar appointments within 3 days (cock up with the death certificate meant a second visit) when my mother in law died.

Staggering that so many still look outside the government who had last 12 years to sort as to who to blame. Message constantly peddled that someone else’s fault. Illustrated here btw nothing to do with how energy companies are managed and allowed to operate. It’s the Met Office, it’s the Bank of England, it’s the unions, it’s………. Tell them we have no money and they can all turn on the greedy nurses and ambulance drivers.

5212965B-2C9E-42CE-9B9C-A0622726396D.jpeg

• Like 3

Bloomin' met office. The way they've used their influence to slowly take over Britain's energy infrastructure over the last 40 years has been shocking. Worse, we still have no clear near term implementation of fossil, renewable or nuclear. Because once the Met office took over, they then spent their time on forecasting cloud movements and giving travel updates. It's appalling and I feel for decades of clear sighted, selfless governments who would have otherwise never let any of this happen. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Yep. It's widespread. The court system is in disarray, both civil and criminal. Short urgent hearings that are needed within days are being listed for months ahead. The Land Registry is dangerously behind with all sorts of consequences. That's on top of the NHS. One issue with pay is that it doesn't leave money for more staff, but another issue with lower pay is that it makes it harder to recruit! It's a proper mess. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Yep. It's widespread. The court system is in disarray, both civil and criminal. Short urgent hearings that are needed within days are being listed for months ahead. The Land Registry is dangerously behind with all sorts of consequences. That's on top of the NHS. One issue with pay is that it doesn't leave money for more staff, but another issue with lower pay is that it makes it harder to recruit! It's a proper mess. 

But, you are forgetting about all the non-jobs across the Public Sector, and the appalling lack of productivity  as they all sit on their fat arses counting the days to their massive pensions.

( For those who fail to spot it, this is an IRONIC post ).

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

But, you are forgetting about all the non-jobs across the Public Sector, and the appalling lack of productivity  as they all sit on their fat arses counting the days to their massive pensions.

( For those who fail to spot it, this is an IRONIC post ).

Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion :: Derbyshire Constabulary Jobs

like this one?