What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

3 stabbings, 15 police officers injured and 90 arrested at the largely peaceful Notting Hill carnival family day yesterday. 

wonder if Kier Starmer will empty more prisons for to accommodate these people 

If the NHC was the FA Cup final, people would be horrified.

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

3 stabbings, 15 police officers injured and 90 arrested at the largely peaceful Notting Hill carnival family day yesterday. 

Best not upset people and create tensions .

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

Sounds lower than usual, could starmers tough stance already be paying off?

31 minutes ago, whelk said:

You think 3 stabbings is acceptable for a carnival?

One of which was a mum with her child who is now in a critical condition. Supposedly yesterday was a family day. Wonder how 15 coppers got injured too. Will those who did it feel the full weight of the law?

• Like 1

The Notting Hill Carnival needs to be shut down. Although there's less stabbings and assaults on police this year, they happen every year at this event. Normal people don't go to a carnival to stab people or beat up coppers. Enough already for me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

One of which was a mum with her child who is now in a critical condition. Supposedly yesterday was a family day. Wonder how 15 coppers got injured too. Will those who did it feel the full weight of the law?

Why wouldn’t they?

Another stabbing and just the 145 arrests today in the event which showcases the best of our multicultural society 

“Notting Hill Carnival is a vibrant testament to the power of unity and the celebration of our shared humanity. It is a festival that breaks down barriers, builds bridges and showcases the very best of our multicultural society.

8 hours ago, pingpong said:

Sounds lower than usual, could starmers tough stance already be paying off?

Just the 8 stabbings in, total alongside numerous other offences. It sounds horrendous to be honest. It seems like the Notting Hill Carnival is basically an prgy of crime and an excuse for a significant number to just go out and commit loads of crimes. If it wasn't billed as diversity is our strength carnival etc you'd have to think it would have been banned a long time ago. It's not acceptable. 

20240827_010433.jpg

Edited by hypochondriac

If the authorities dared to limit or, heaven forbid, ban the Notting Hill Carnival …. The premier league will probably end up telling players to take the knee at corners and throw-ins, let alone at kick off

26 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

If the authorities dared to limit or, heaven forbid, ban the Notting Hill Carnival …. The premier league will probably end up telling players to take the knee at corners and throw-ins, let alone at kick off

How many people were there and how many arrests were there? It's a tiny percentage. 7000 police officers on duty and 37 injured, that's less than 1%. What is you point?

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

How many people were there and how many arrests were there? It's a tiny percentage. 7000 police officers on duty and 37 injured, that's less than 1%. What is you point?

Diversity is our strength?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, egg said:

The Notting Hill Carnival needs to be shut down. Although there's less stabbings and assaults on police this year, they happen every year at this event. Normal people don't go to a carnival to stab people or beat up coppers. Enough already for me. 

But it was mostly peaceful. 

Sadiq Khan said it was a spectacular celebration. 

https://x.com/SadiqKhan/status/1827766697987617081

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I’m have the scrotes who battered the police in Manchester been given justice yet?

I don’t know what “I’m have the scrotes…” means but those arrested in Manchester are going through the Criminal Justice System, so what is your point?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

If the NHC was the FA Cup final, people would be horrified.

Over 1 million people attended Europe’s biggest street party. If the same numbers attended the FA Cup Final it is highly likely the crime figures would be similar. There are idiots who go to the NHC who are up for trouble just as there are at football matches. People get assaulted and sometimes stabbed at football matches. People get stabbed walking down the street or in schoolrooms. The carnival is not the problem. Football is not a problem. Some of the people who attend these events are the problem. There is a story doing the rounds (don’t know how true it is) that you are safer at the NHC than you are at the Metropolitan Police Christmas party.

29 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Over 1 million people attended Europe’s biggest street party. If the same numbers attended the FA Cup Final it is highly likely the crime figures would be similar. There are idiots who go to the NHC who are up for trouble just as there are at football matches. People get assaulted and sometimes stabbed at football matches. People get stabbed walking down the street or in schoolrooms. The carnival is not the problem. Football is not a problem. Some of the people who attend these events are the problem. There is a story doing the rounds (don’t know how true it is) that you are safer at the NHC than you are at the Metropolitan Police Christmas party.

Where is the MET Xmas party held? 
The Gaza Strip?

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Where is the MET Xmas party held? 
The Gaza Strip?

i'd love to see proof of this story that's "doing the rounds" it sounds like one of those stories that happen very often that just happen in a house in a small village in Kent. 

Just now, sadoldgit said:

Arrests made in relation to the stabbing of a woman at the NHC (before you waffle on about two tier policing).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/czdpg9rz750o.amp

A women, who sounds like and innocent bystander, was stabbed and if fighting for her life and your first thought it to make a political dig at posters on a football forum? wow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Similarly, it wasn't the riots that were the problem just a small minority of idiots that attended them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

A women, who sounds like and innocent bystander, was stabbed and if fighting for her life and your first thought it to make a political dig at posters on a football forum? wow.

@tdmickey3 now thinks innocent people getting stabbed is funny. Proper wierdo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even if no arrests were made and there were no stabbings, the thing shouldn’t be in the streets. Fucking rubbish left everywhere, people taking a dump in gardens, ugly fat birds shaking their booty, horrendous. It’s more like fetish week in Gran Canaria than a Caribbean carnival. Is Notting Hill even a Caribbean area anymore, more hipster twats I’d imagine. Move the fucking  thing to some controlled outdoor venue, and let them get on with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Even if no arrests were made and there were no stabbings, the thing shouldn’t be in the streets. Fucking rubbish left everywhere, people taking a dump in gardens, ugly fat birds shaking their booty, horrendous. It’s more like fetish week in Gran Canaria than a Caribbean carnival. Is Notting Hill even a Caribbean area anymore, more hipster twats I’d imagine. Move the fucking  thing to some controlled outdoor venue, and let them get on with it. 

Don’t be coy Ducky, tell us more!

• Haha 1

Next week the Grenfell enquiry will finally publish. None of the parties will escape criticism - rightly so - but pathetic that £400k - a drop in the ocean on the overall renovation budge - would have saved all of those lives.

It should be a time for self-reflection on the obsession with de-regulation but you know it won’t be.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c62305qx946o

• Like 1

The official scores on the doors from this years culturally enriching largely peaceful  Notting Hill Carnival are in. 

61 incidents where police officers were assaulted.

8 stabbings. 

349 arrests 

53 Assaults on emergency workers

13 sexual offences 

2 deaths 

32 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The official scores on the doors from this years culturally enriching largely peaceful  Notting Hill Carnival are in. 

61 incidents where police officers were assaulted.

8 stabbings. 

349 arrests 

53 Assaults on emergency workers

13 sexual offences 

2 deaths 

Thanks, really positive news that the numbers are down on previous years, augers well for the future.  Whilst the met is still over‐arresting nhc, hopefully that will begin to improve too now. Onwards!

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I think twice  the amount of deaths compared to the previous 20 years combined isn’t something to celebrate or is in any way positive, but each to their own. 

I wonder if we will get the daily ‘rogues gallery’ of those arrested from incidents at the carnival, like we did for people posting on Facebook.

3 hours ago, pingpong said:

Thanks, really positive news that the numbers are down on previous years, augers well for the future.  Whilst the met is still over‐arresting nhc, hopefully that will begin to improve too now. Onwards!

Obvious troll is obvious. 

On 26/08/2024 at 19:24, egg said:

Peter Bleksley has suggested ticketing it, which might be the compromise option. Not sure it needs to be moved to Hyde Park which would unnecessarily gentrify it, but certainly people coming to carnivals with for example stun guns is not normal or acceptable. You wouldn’t get those into Glastonbury. The Met cordon area is safe from what I gather but the edges of it can be more dangerous. Residents would get free entry and keep ticket costs modest but it would help beef up security and toileting to reduce residential defecation.

Edited by Gloucester Saint

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Bleksley is spot on about most law and order issues. Top man….

His books are good as well, I remember reading On the Run on a flight to Sydney when it came out. Mind you, he’s had about as much as everyone else with the Alasdair Wilson cold case, that’s defeated everybody. 

I see that the sentencing of a 12-year-old boy charged for 2 counts of disorder in Manchester, has been delayed because his mum has gone off to Ibiza. 

"The judge thanked the boy's uncle for accompanying his nephew to court in his mother's absence, but added: "One day before the hearing we find out the mum has gone on holiday and is not with her son who played a greater part in the recent civil disorder than any adult or child I've seen coming through these courts.

"...I will require a full explanation from mum on her decision to go on holiday one day before her 12-year-old son comes to court facing a potential custodial sentence".

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

I see that the sentencing of a 12-year-old boy charged for 2 counts of disorder in Manchester, has been delayed because his mum has gone off to Ibiza. 

"The judge thanked the boy's uncle for accompanying his nephew to court in his mother's absence, but added: "One day before the hearing we find out the mum has gone on holiday and is not with her son who played a greater part in the recent civil disorder than any adult or child I've seen coming through these courts.

"...I will require a full explanation from mum on her decision to go on holiday one day before her 12-year-old son comes to court facing a potential custodial sentence".

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

When was Ange, or one of her children, arrested for participating in violent public disorder ?

Quite. Just a cheap pop at a working class woman who had children young and has made a success of herself.

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/c5y8x2nnwx7t

"Lucy Connolly, the wife of a Tory councillor, has pleaded guilty to publishing a social media post stirring up racial hatred against asylum seekers

Connolly, a 41-year-old childminder from Northampton, called for asylum seekers' hotels to be set on fire and wrote: "If that makes me racist, so be it""

No wonder the husband turned up to the hearings with a face mask on. I don’t think it was just the Covid concern….

7 hours ago, whelk said:

Some more kids who will soon wake up to the fact that they have thrown their lives away however many ‘no comments’ they give the police

https://news.sky.com/story/three-children-and-two-teenagers-arrested-over-murder-of-80-year-old-in-park-13208922

We had a 20 year old father stabbed to death by a 17 year old in our local town over the weekend - I don't understand the mentality of not only carrying a knife, but using one, when you live in a place that is not "unsafe". 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Sad 1

Just now, Farmer Saint said:

We had a 20 year old father stabbed to death by a 17 year old in our local town over the weekend - I don't understand the mentality of not only carrying a knife, but using one when you live in a place that is not "unsafe". 

It’s appalling. Not sure what part of the country you are in but I’m guessing it’s not an urban farm in say Peckham. 

Knife crime was still higher before the pandemic, but escalating back towards that 2019 peak. 

https://aoav.org.uk/2024/knife-crime-on-the-rise-in-the-uk-analysing-the-data-and-exploring-solutions/#:~:text=According to the latest figures,increase in robberies involving knives.

10 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

It’s appalling. Not sure what part of the country you are in but I’m guessing it’s not an urban farm in say Peckham. 

Knife crime was still higher before the pandemic, but escalating back towards that 2019 peak. 

https://aoav.org.uk/2024/knife-crime-on-the-rise-in-the-uk-analysing-the-data-and-exploring-solutions/#:~:text=According to the latest figures,increase in robberies involving knives.

Deepest darkest East Sussex, so no, not an inner city ghetto that's for sure. 2 families ruined for no reason. 

1 hour ago, Farmer Saint said:

Deepest darkest East Sussex, so no, not an inner city ghetto that's for sure. 2 families ruined for no reason. 

That’s terrible. Hastings can be violent at times but sounds like you are not near there. Lovely part of the world, we love Eastbourne and Severn Sisters, plus the Weald towards Kent. But it does show that knife crime can effect anywhere. 395 knife and gun crimes in Gloucestershire last year and by no means were they all in Gloucester or Cheltenham although around two-thirds were.  https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/gloucestershire-saw-least-one-knife-8985159

This year’s knife amnesty went well https://www.gloucestershire.police.uk/news/gloucestershire/2024/may/knife-amnesty-sees-almost-300-bladed-weapons-handed-in/ and this project in Tuffley, a very deprived part of Gloucester https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cl7ykp0zjgko

54 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

That’s terrible. Hastings can be violent at times but sounds like you are not near there. Lovely part of the world, we love Eastbourne and Severn Sisters, plus the Weald towards Kent. But it does show that knife crime can effect anywhere. 395 knife and gun crimes in Gloucestershire last year and by no means were they all in Gloucester or Cheltenham although around two-thirds were.  https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/gloucestershire-saw-least-one-knife-8985159

This year’s knife amnesty went well https://www.gloucestershire.police.uk/news/gloucestershire/2024/may/knife-amnesty-sees-almost-300-bladed-weapons-handed-in/ and this project in Tuffley, a very deprived part of Gloucester https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cl7ykp0zjgko

We're equidistant from Eastbourne, Bexhill and Lewes, about 25 minutes from each near the South Downs. We love it.

• Like 1