What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

5 minutes ago, iansums said:

Yeah, good to see the Muslims getting similar punishments. I say this in terms of balance and to stop any accisations of two-tier policing, so please don't take it literally.

Because two tier policing doesn't exist. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Have to agree to disagree I that one then - never seen or heard any evidence of it on anything but right wing nut job sites. 

The problem is that there are examples of injustices and these get amplified. Tommy Robinson can point to stuff that does outrage most people.

A recent investigation into organised crime in Rochdale was desperately trying to take out a Pakistani gang. They don’t all walk around untouched.

the two tier thing is stupid but actually getting publicity will hopefully make chief constables aware that they shouldn’t overthink impact to communities and deal with crime equally. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, whelk said:

The problem is that there are examples of injustices and these get amplified. Tommy Robinson can point to stuff that does outrage most people.

A recent investigation into organised crime in Rochdale was desperately trying to take out a Pakistani gang. They don’t all walk around untouched.

the two tier thing is stupid but actually getting publicity will hopefully make chief constables aware that they shouldn’t overthink impact to communities and deal with crime equally. 

I don't think there's two tier policing but they are obviously sensitive about how certain groups are policed. If you were the average police officer and you have to deal with disorder from a group of Muslims you are always going to have in the back of your mind what the headlines would be if you are too heavy handed. You're not likely to ever get the same public reaction from some white hooligans. 

Also no matter what your thoughts are on the matter, the optics of the police kneeling during black lives matter were terrible and the headlines of police blaming the victims during the grooming scandals, I can see why some would believe there's less of a reluctance to go in hard against the white British working class even if its fully deserved. 

Edited by hypochondriac

1 hour ago, Farmer Saint said:

Because two tier policing doesn't exist. 

LOL are you kidding , even the guardian has called it out numerous times !

Nearing three weeks and the violent assault of Police at Manchester airport and the two responsible have not even been nicked, let alone fast tracked to prison in 48hrs

Thats clear two tier policing 

Edited by SaintsLoyal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Nearing three weeks and the violent assault of Police at Manchester airport and the two responsible have not even been nicked, let alone fast tracked to prison in 48hrs

meanwhile they are investigating a second police officer for the incident......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Please don't invent things. It makes you look a bit dim.

They were arrested at the time.

From a report on BBC News:

"Four men, including the two brothers, were arrested for assault and affray and remain on police bail".

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

That's because the media peddled the video of him being violently kicked in the head. With 2 police officers being investigated the police have got to be very careful as evidence can be omitted and criminal cases can be lost. This will also go to CC and be heard in front of a jury so it takes time to put cases like that together. This is not some white scumbags pleading guilty to ransacking a shop. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

Please don't invent things. It makes you look a bit dim.

They were arrested at the time.

From a report on BBC News:

"Four men, including the two brothers, were arrested for assault and affray and remain on police bail".

And herein lies the issue - people make stuff up to support their opinions, rather than deal in facts. @SaintsLoyalis just another in a long line of peddlers of misinformation. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Stop chatting shit. They were arrested at the time and are currently on Police bail.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 3

Is it lack of education?

I was always taught to question things and seek evidence for "facts". 

Now people seem to believe things because "I read it on the internet".

Farage was at it after the Southport stabbings. He said that "sources" told him the assailant was known to MI5.

When asked what these sources were, it turned out to be Andrew Tate.

Farage isn't stupid. He probably knew that it was bollox but it suited him to spread it further.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ecuk268 said:

Is it lack of education?

Farage was at it after the Southport stabbings. He said that "sources" told him the assailant was known to MI5.

Farage isn't stupid. He probably knew that it was bollox but it suited him to spread it further.

Do you include Hate not hope in your condemnation, they posted that whites were throwing acid over Muslims. They’re not stupid, must have known it wasn’t true but suited gh to spread it further. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I don't think there's two tier policing but they are obviously sensitive about how certain groups are policed. If you were the average police officer and you have to deal with disorder from a group of Muslims you are always going to have in the back of your mind what the headlines would be if you are too heavy handed. You're not likely to ever get the same public reaction from some white hooligans. 

Also no matter what your thoughts are on the matter, the optics of the police kneeling during black lives matter were terrible and the headlines of police blaming the victims during the grooming scandals, I can see why some would believe there's less of a reluctance to go in hard against the white British working class even if its fully deserved. 

Exactly, there’s been a couple or high ranking retired coppers who’ve given interviews admitting it’s at the back of their mind when dealing with non whites as the establishment come down like a ton of bricks on them if they fuck up, compared to if the perp is white 

Edited by Mixedkebab

1 hour ago, ecuk268 said:

Is it lack of education?

Listen to this... 

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Do you include Hate not hope in your condemnation, they posted that whites were throwing acid over Muslims. They’re not stupid, must have known it wasn’t true but suited gh to spread it further. 

I'm including everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

20 months for posting a message on facebook, dear me. 

Rowley now saying he’s going after people who post inflammatory things from abroad. Fucking blokes a clown, does he really think we can extradite people for posting tweets or Facebook posts. The establishment have lost the friggin plot. Take a deep breath and get on with your day job….

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Ahh bless. Someone’s been watching GB News and getting themselves worked up again. Poor old Tory boys can’t cope with Labour actually being tough on crime. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

that's got to be a plant or a wind up FFS. No one can be that dense.

And that's what we're working with in this country. 

Be warned - this is the type of person a lot of people are aligning themselves to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

20 months for posting a message on facebook, dear me. 

I heard what I took to be the sentencing on the radio. It stood out as I'd not heard such a lot of time being spent reading out such a level of detail.

Like a few other things this week, the sentencing statement combined a number of things. The individual was sentenced for inviting an attack on a hotel. That started and ended the statement. The bulk of it, and therefore the most air time, was spent covering a variety of views I've heard expressed in a lot of other areas.

It's another odd feeling, not agreeing with lot of the views of the person, but watching those views being deliberately used as a warning to others, that if they share them, they will also be considered to hold the more extreme end of those views. While there's a logic to reporting that way from government through the Beeb, it can also have a lot of negative outcomes too.

1 minute ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I heard what I took to be the sentencing on the radio. It stood out as I'd not heard such a lot of time being spent reading out such a level of detail.

Like a few other things this week, the sentencing statement combined a number of things. The individual was sentenced for inviting an attack on a hotel. That started and ended the statement. The bulk of it, and therefore the most air time, was spent covering a variety of views I've heard expressed in a lot of other areas.

It's another odd feeling, not agreeing with lot of the views of the person, but watching those views being deliberately used as a warning to others, that if they share them, they will also be considered to hold the more extreme end of those views. While there's a logic to reporting that way from government through the Beeb, it can also have a lot of negative outcomes too.

He wasn't there and appeared to have posted it whilst being at home for the whole night. Stupid thing to put but obviously had not intention of getting involved himself. 

As a facebook status is usually what you are doing or your thoughts, it even says "whats on your mind" when you go to type it maybe the thought police George Orwell wrote about is now a reality. 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

He wasn't there and appeared to have posted it whilst being at home for the whole night. Stupid thing to put but obviously had not intention of getting involved himself. 

As a facebook status is usually what you are doing or your thoughts, it even says "whats on your mind" when you go to type it maybe the thought police George Orwell wrote about is now a reality. 

The idiot got what he deserved. Too many keyboard warriors post dangerous shite thinking it doesn't matter. They need to realise that it does. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, egg said:

The idiot got what he deserved. Too many keyboard warriors post dangerous shite thinking it doesn't matter. They need to realise that it does. 

Yes and no. He was a dick for doing it and should be punished by 20 months in prison for posting your thoughts is OTT. It was on facebook which is a closed community so only seen by people who is he "friends" with. it was his thoughts, the thoughts of a dick and nasty thoughts but it's not like he was messaging people trying to raise a group up to go down there and planning an attack. Just some knobhead posting from his bedroom being a hardman to a closed community. 

Though It was pretty funny the guy who got nicked after posting a video of himself on instagram actually at a riot doing something, now he does deserve what he gets.

• Like 1

On one of the two sentenced, I'm fairly sure it said it was liked by 6 people, but the viewers it was made available to and potential impact of that were part of the judgement and sentencing.

As society uses social media to provide platforms to capture any passing thought, with not much filtering, there must be a lot of people looking over their shoulders at some dodgy content.

Then there's the wider picture of governments looking to regulate social media and control content. This is also part of their campaign to justify that control.

Breaking news: 1000s of people posting that they'd not mind if their boss fell off a cliff, after a rubbish day, sentenced for inciting elaborate seaside murders.

35 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It is utter madness when we are now locking up arm chair rioters.

33 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yes and no. He was a dick for doing it and should be punished by 20 months in prison for posting your thoughts is OTT. It was on facebook which is a closed community so only seen by people who is he "friends" with. it was his thoughts, the thoughts of a dick and nasty thoughts but it's not like he was messaging people trying to raise a group up to go down there and planning an attack. Just some knobhead posting from his bedroom being a hardman to a closed community. 

Though It was pretty funny the guy who got nicked after posting a video of himself on instagram actually at a riot doing something, now he does deserve what he gets.

Calling for an attack on refugees and asylum seekers is not posting thoughts. It's plainly wrong on any level, and the intention was clear. Plenty of daft idiots will be stirred up by nonsense like that. 

It being posted in a closed group doesn't help him. He still put it out there.  

I want to know if the dinlo from Sunderland who got a brick to the head, chest and balls got any more punishment. 

2 minutes ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

It is utter madness when we are now locking up arm chair rioters.

Nope. Bang more of them up if the promote hate and violence. 

Frankly, I'm staggered that anyone is against people like that being dealt with. People ruin lives from behind a keyboard and it needs firm action. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, egg said:

I have to say Egg that unless you are some kind of 'influencer' it does not really matter, nobody is going to act on it, most of his 'friends' probably thought he was a bit of moron. This is not North Korea, we should not be locking up people for saying stupid things on Social Media.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Calling for an attack on refugees and asylum seekers is not posting thoughts. It's plainly wrong on any level, and the intention was clear. Plenty of daft idiots will be stirred up by nonsense like that. 

I want to know if the dinlo from Sunderland who got a brick to the head, chest and balls got any more punishment. 

Yes it's wrong no one is saying it's not, 20 months in prison though for posting that on facebook, really? Here are some of the other sentences for context 3 years for punching a policeman, 2 months from criminal damage, also the same sentence of 20 months for violent disorder. 

From two months to three years: First rioters jailed as arrested appear in courts across... - LBC

8 minutes ago, egg said:

Frankly, I'm staggered that anyone is against people like that being dealt with. People ruin lives from behind a keyboard and it needs firm action. 

Like everything there are levels though. Posting something on facebook with no intention of going there to a closed community is one thing. Using twitter, for example, to incite a mob to join you there is something quite different. He supposedly said "everyone should be down there smashing up the hotel" or words to that effect, obvious "everyone" didn't include himself in that as he stayed at home all night by the sounds of it. Guys obviously a bit of a knob head but 20 months for that, really?

Edited by Turkish

3 minutes ago, egg said:

I would honestly despair for our society of we start locking up morons for what they say on social media. It is I am afraid a very slippery slope.

1 minute ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

I would honestly despair for our society of we start locking up morons for what they say on social media. It is I am afraid a very slippery slope.

Yep, it's one thing if you're an influencer with 100,000s of thousands of follower like you said earlier, quite different if your some knob head posting from you bedroom to your mates (or bedsit as everyone gets accused of on here) stupid thing to do but 20 months is nuts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, egg said:

How about that big mob you saw/heard down the Brewhouse on Weds night vowing to attack anyone that wasn’t white? What happened to that lot in the end?

8 hours ago, egg said:

How about posting on here (social media) that the army should be brought in to 'spray the brains of the protestors all over the street' (or words to that effect).

"Bang them up if they promote hate or violence"?

29 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

How about posting on here (social media) that the army should be brought in to 'spray the brains of the protestors all over the street' (or words to that effect).

"Bang them up if they promote hate or violence"?

Daft post Weston. There's a world of difference between inciting mass violence against people and having a view on law and order. 

The sentence is clearly meant as a deterrent- see just stop oil sentence.

are the ‘this is a slippery slope’ brigade unhappy that he was charged? Or is it it more severity of sentence? 

• Like 2

Just now, whelk said:

The sentence is clearly meant as a deterrent- see just stop oil sentence.

are the ‘this is a slippery slope’ brigade unhappy that he was charged? Or is it it more severity of sentence? 

Exactly Whelk. These dinlo's need to see what happens to other dinlo's in the hope that it puts them off continuing to be do the nonsense that they're doing or thinking of doing. Regardless, I'm not sure why people are upset that those people are out of circulation for a while, bizarre. 

5 minutes ago, egg said:

Daft post Weston. There's a world of difference between inciting mass violence against people and having a view on law and order. 

Even a particularly right wing view of law and order?  Or do you think 'shooting protestors in the head' is acceptable?

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Even a particularly right wing view of law and order?  Or do you think 'shooting protestors in the head' is acceptable?

Saying it as an opinion isn’t an issue. If you are given people instruction to do it is a different matter. 
I am not expecting Katie Hopkins to get arrested for saying turn the gunboats in the refugee boats. 

9 minutes ago, egg said:

Exactly Whelk. These dinlo's need to see what happens to other dinlo's in the hope that it puts them off continuing to be do the nonsense that they're doing or thinking of doing. Regardless, I'm not sure why people are upset that those people are out of circulation for a while, bizarre. 

So, by that rationale, can we also arrest and lock up all the people who chant death to Whites and Soldiers while on the street? Why is that different to posting on social media? It isn't is it? So you will agree they should all be locked up for incitement? Thanks.

It'll be interesting to see if the racists that blocked the M275 will get similar to the four and five years that the Just Stop Oil twats did for the M25.

One or two here approved of those sentences that were higher than being given to rapists, but now there's a few clumsy U-turns on the go.

Two-tier posting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

So, by that rationale, can we also arrest and lock up all the people who chant death to Whites and Soldiers while on the street? Why is that different to posting on social media? It isn't is it? So you will agree they should all be locked up for incitement? Thanks.

Does anyone think that is acceptable? Supporting going hard against one group doesn’t mean you want leniency for others.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1