What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

THAT INCLUDES YOU FFS!

Seriously SOG - how can you possibly be so fucking oblivious to the fact that you are just as guilty as those who oppose you?

What?

I was agreeing for a ban for myself so long as the other protagonist were banned also.

I don’t disagree that I am 

complicit and have said many times that I will give as good as I get.

Edited by sadoldgit

4 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

And you expect me to apologise?

Well, why not? You were wrong, you were proved to be wrong, but it feels like you think you're too good to apologise. Again, a lack of humility. But that's fine, you carry on. I'm out if you're that much of a prick. 

1 minute ago, Farmer Saint said:

Not trying to be a prick @egg, but with what you said the other day what is going on here - why aren't these being moved to CC and in front of a jury?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cze5g4djeplo

Former postmaster and school governor Steven Mailen, 54, and his partner Ryan Sheers, 29, were each handed a prison sentence of two years and two months at Teesside Crown Court on Thursday.

Bet they'll be a bit of jealousy going on here if they're sharing a cell with someone else

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Not trying to be a prick @egg, but with what you said the other day what is going on here - why aren't these being moved to CC and in front of a jury?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cze5g4djeplo

One for @Weston Saint as well I think. 

They've pleaded guilty. Some of those have been sentenced in the mags court and some sent to crown for sentence. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, egg said:

They've pleaded guilty. Some of those have been sentenced in the mags court and some sent to crown for sentence. 

OK, cool, so likelihood is most will not be heard. Some harsh sentences being handed down, which is good. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Former postmaster and school governor Steven Mailen, 54, and his partner Ryan Sheers, 29, were each handed a prison sentence of two years and two months at Teesside Crown Court on Thursday.

Bet they'll be a bit of jealousy going on here if they're sharing a cell with someone else

I’d be tempted to commit crimes if I was to be sent to a female prison to do time

This place gets weirder all the time. The very people who accuse me of making things up make stuff up about me? At least have the decency to provide evidence eh?

Anyway, I need to put the record straight about yesterday. The person who had her window smashed in Bristol was not in the car at the time it happened and there was no rioting going on around her car when she got to it. She was very shaken up because there had been rioting a few days previously and she was concerned that someone had deliberately targeted her car and knew which car was hers.

So, no definitive link to the recent riots and a lot of fuss about nothing on here. Still, the good news is that last night wasn’t to nationwide carnage we were fearing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

This place gets weirder all the time. The very people who accuse me of making things up make stuff up about me? At least have the decency to provide evidence eh?

Anyway, I need to put the record straight about yesterday. The person who had her window smashed in Bristol was not in the car at the time it happened and there was no rioting going on around her car when she got to it. She was very shaken up because there had been rioting a few days previously and she was concerned that someone had deliberately targeted her car and knew which car was hers.

So, no definitive link to the recent riots and a lot of fuss about nothing on here. Still, the good news is that last night wasn’t to nationwide carnage we were fearing.

So she's a liar as well then? 

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

Like I said yesterday, the rock must have done it. Deport the rock FFS.

3 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Windscreen yesterday with a rock. Window in today's version of the story.

Probably just a chancer after something left on the passenger seat - phone, iPad, handbag, who knows.

Still, good to blame the racists for it though, even though they probably had no fucking clue who's car it was!!

Edited by Weston Super Saint

22 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Well, why not? You were wrong, you were proved to be wrong, but it feels like you think you're too good to apologise. Again, a lack of humility. But that's fine, you carry on. I'm out if you're that much of a prick. 

I am not too good to apologise but you have constantly abused me today and did so on a different thread a while back so I figure that there is no point in trying to build bridges with someone who calls you a fucking plank, prick and a bellend on the Israel thread.

15 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

IMG_8235.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Dear god. No. I had the basic info last night and when I asked if it was part of a riot my wife said she thought it could be. My wife had second hand information yesterday and there was clearly some 2+2=5 going on. Not surprising really given the situation. She had more of an update today. The basic facts remain the same. Woman with brown skin has car windscreen smashed in city where demonstrators were assembled. If you are desperate to make a big deal of it, go ahead, but I think we have wasted too much time on it as it is.

Farage says he spread the lie about the Southport attacker being a muslim immigrant after being 'misled' by Andrew Tate. Why would he trust as fact anything posted by somebody awaiting trial in Romania for people trafficking, and who is currently barred from entering the UK until the legal process in Romania has concluded ?

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

IMG_8235.jpeg

East stand nic throws accusations about but doesn’t substantiate them. Turkish does the same. Why is wanting to address false accusations digging a hole?

At this stage Lighthouse usually splits the thread so that this crap can continue elsewhere without boring others. Now would be a good time for a thread split.

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Farage says he spread the lie about the Southport attacker being a muslim immigrant after being 'misled' by Andrew Tate. Why would he trust as fact anything posted by somebody awaiting trial in Romania for people trafficking, and who is currently barred from entering the UK until the legal process in Romania has concluded ?

Screenshot_20240808_195829_X.thumb.jpg.f8ed0fa434be9434ea63a7add29d62d8.jpg

The perfect combination of hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

East stand nic throws accusations about but doesn’t substantiate them. Turkish does the same. Why is wanting to address false accusations digging a hole?

At this stage Lighthouse usually splits the thread so that this crap can continue elsewhere without boring others. Now would be a good time for a thread split.

I used to do that when I could be bothered but you whine and whine and whine on every thread, constantly trying to get everyone else to gang up on you. It’s a weird form of masochism I can’t be arsed wasting my time with. There’s no point splitting this, or any other thread because you’ll just turn them all into the same thing. I primarily moderate the Saints forum because people come here to talk about football and we want that to stay on topic. 

• Like 8

Just for information; our youngest son works as an accountant at a family firm of accountants and solicitors run by an Indian Muslim family. He generally has ham or bacon sandwiches for lunch, and never experiences a problem.

And the cakes he brings home at Eid are delicious.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Like I said yesterday, the rock must have done it. Deport the rock FFS.

Tonight's Headlines: Rock sentenced to 3 years hard labour...breaking rocks.

Now tonight's film: Presley classic, Jailhouse Rock

Breaking News: Rock appeals. Claims it wasn't far right, that's just the direction it was thrown in.

Thread News: Scientists fear SOGs hole digging will reach the Earth's core, sending molten material across the country.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

I am not too good to apologise but you have constantly abused me today and did so on a different thread a while back so I figure that there is no point in trying to build bridges with someone who calls you a fucking plank, prick and a bellend on the Israel thread.

Did I? I may well have done as the cap fits very snug on you, but I try to not comment on that too much and certainly can't remember. 

• Like 1

Pardon me you asked me for evidence earlier and I provide you with two direct quotes you had made stating exactly what I said you did 

• Like 1

Dear god. No. I had the basic info last night and when I asked if it was part of a riot my wife said she thought it could be. My wife had second hand information yesterday and there was clearly some 2+2=5 going on. Not surprising really given the situation. She had more of an update today. The basic facts remain the same. Woman with brown skin has car windscreen smashed in city where demonstrators were assembled. If you are desperate to make a big deal of it, go ahead, but I think we have wasted too much time on it as it is.

Here what happened, it was one of two things

1 you completely made it up

2 you heard a story about someone getting their car window smashed in Bristol and in your excitement to blame the “far right” you deliberately made it about race, mentioning the colour of her skin so you could post all night about all the terrible things going on and how you know someone who was effected 

Both are feasible but I still think it’s 1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Confirmation bias

15 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Here what happened, it was one of two things

1 you completely made it up

2 you heard a story about someone getting their car window smashed in Bristol and in your excitement to blame the “far right” you deliberately made it about race, mentioning the colour of her skin so you could post all night about all the terrible things going on and how you know someone who was effected 

Both are feasible but I still think it’s 1

Has SOG really just faked a racially motivated incident, in the middle of what's been going on in the last week?! Really?

And is somehow blaming his wife for the misinformation? I seem to recall his wife being brought into another bit of nonsense recently. Not to mention that whole dragging perpetrators to court stuff from a while ago.

Then the possibly fictitious third party is blamed, because it doesn't tie up with events that actually happened in the area?

The "Poster most likely to incite racial hatred" award to go along with his " Poster most likely to make racial slurs" and "Poster most likely to support a heirarchy of racism" award?

8 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Has SOG really just faked a racially motivated incident, in the middle of what's been going on in the last week?! Really?

And is somehow blaming his wife for the misinformation? I seem to recall his wife being brought into another bit of nonsense recently. Not to mention that whole dragging perpetrators to court stuff from a while ago.

Then the possibly fictitious third party is blamed, because it doesn't tie up with events that actually happened in the area?

The "Poster most likely to incite racial hatred" award to go along with his " Poster most likely to make racial slurs" and "Poster most likely to support a heirarchy of racism" award?

It's his second wife isn't it? He does know how to pick em. 

7 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

He’s always been an unpleasant character, paying the fiver has just accelerated matters from less recent times. The window/windscreen episode, whether true or not, was just an extremely transparent attempt to stoke division in a time when calm was being called for.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Man this is dull.

What?

54 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

The window/windscreen episode, whether true or not, was just an extremely transparent attempt to stoke division in a time when calm was being called for.

The pun of the day award isn't entertainment of the highest order?

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I was talking to someone else, but as you have butted in.

It is a football forum. Personal attacks, inane drivel and childish nonsense are commonplace.

What is this documentary that doesn’t exist?

See through me?  There is nothing to see through mate. My opinions are obvious and transparent. You are the one who loves a conspiracy theory and it looks like you are trying to cook up another one now.

Where is you evidence that I asked the admin on TUI to remove others that didn’t agree with me? Nick banned a couple of people for his own reasons but I never asked him to ban anybody. All I expect from admin is that they do their jobs and keep a lid on abusive behaviour, not unreasonable is it? I was certainly abused by some there with extreme views, if you were there I expect you were one of them.

And you never butt in? Double standards again.

If inane and common place, why bring it up and have a go at someone for doing what you also do? Double standards again.

Farage documentary ages back. Turkish asked you for a link to is many times, as ever you declined to reply. Yet you accuse others of not replying to your questions? Double standards again.

You do these things all time. You have a pop at people everyday for having FAR RIGHT views because they disagree with you. You play the victim, you have chronic double standards. The other day you said to someone, 'If you don't like what I say, put me on ignore'. OMG, the number of times you have said you have people on ignore yourself and then reply to them.

Come on man, just accept it and change your silly childlike ways, then no one will give you any grief. Just post your opinions and if anyone disagrees, just accept it, why call them far right loons etc? Isn't that just inane drivel?

12 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I'm really sorry, but I cannot find where I called you any of the above in the Israel thread. Please can you post them as I want to read what I said as I think you may have me confused with someone else. 

Edited by Farmer Saint

1 hour ago, east-stand-nic said:

And you never butt in? Double standards again.

If inane and common place, why bring it up and have a go at someone for doing what you also do? Double standards again.

Farage documentary ages back. Turkish asked you for a link to is many times, as ever you declined to reply. Yet you accuse others of not replying to your questions? Double standards again.

You do these things all time. You have a pop at people everyday for having FAR RIGHT views because they disagree with you. You play the victim, you have chronic double standards. The other day you said to someone, 'If you don't like what I say, put me on ignore'. OMG, the number of times you have said you have people on ignore yourself and then reply to them.

Come on man, just accept it and change your silly childlike ways, then no one will give you any grief. Just post your opinions and if anyone disagrees, just accept it, why call them far right loons etc? Isn't that just inane drivel?

Jesus H Christ, nutty nic giving lecturers about not accepting others opinions........ hilarious🤣

• Like 1

Careful SOG they are arresting old people for sharing false information on social media, maybe some of your fairytales on here will be investigated. Better sleep with your shoes on waiting for the 5 o’clock knock. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

I'm really sorry, but I cannot find where I called you any of the above in the Israel thread. Please can you post them as I want to read what I said. 

I suspect he's confusing you with literally everybody else on the innernetz.  He's old, so confusion comes with the territory.

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Careful SOG they are arresting old people for sharing false information on social media, maybe some of your fairytales on here will be investigated. Better sleep with your shoes on waiting for the 5 o’clock knock. 

This is a weird one. I want misinformation to be stopped - it's one of the main reasons we have had morons running amok and also the targets of the attacks. We have to stop idiots having access to this information as they can't process that it may not be correct. But it also seems very authoritarian, which is worrying. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I suspect he's confusing you with literally everybody else on the innernetz.  He's old, so confusion comes with the territory.

I'm just hoping he finds those posts, as I'm not sure he can come back from another set of lies. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

I'm just hoping he finds those posts, as I'm not sure he can come back from another set of lies. 

It’s only right that he does. He demanded evidence from me yesterday of this I said he’d said and I provided two direct quotes of him saying them. So unless there are more double standards then he should provide them. I suspect he’ll do what he usually does, go quiet for a few days then reappear like nothing ever happened 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Turkish said:

https://www.cheshire.police.uk/news/cheshire/news/articles/2024/8/woman-arrested-in-connection-with-inaccurate-social-media-post/

Posts relating to disinformation over the identity of the Southport attacker, and inciting racial hatred.

• Like 1

This is a tannoy announcement Saintswebbers. Calling Soggy to the Lounge.

The batshit crazy GM has started a new thread entitled ‘Tommy Robinson Appreciation Thread’ and it wouldn’t be the same without your contributions and the characters of Maidstone.

😂😂😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

This is a tannoy announcement Saintswebbers. Calling Soggy to the Lounge.

The batshit crazy GM has started a new thread entitled ‘Tommy Robinson Appreciation Thread’ and it wouldn’t be the same without your contributions and the characters of Maidstone.

😂😂😂

Just took a look at the thread. SOG another there yet. Pathetic that GM starts thread after thread about similar topics. Fuck Tommy Robinson the nasty cunt

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

May I refer you to every couple of weeks for years?

Lazarus just came back the once, and has nothing on SOG.

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

It’s only right that he does. He demanded evidence from me yesterday of this I said he’d said and I provided two direct quotes of him saying them. So unless there are more double standards then he should provide them. I suspect he’ll do what he usually does, go quiet for a few days then reappear like nothing ever happened 

Hopefully, if I just mention the load of link only posts from the same sources, that won't be what we're subjected to.

5 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

This is a weird one. I want misinformation to be stopped - it's one of the main reasons we have had morons running amok and also the targets of the attacks. We have to stop idiots having access to this information as they can't process that it may not be correct. But it also seems very authoritarian, which is worrying. 

I felt the same as some narratives were drawing in those with anti-immigration views (does this extend to those concerned about control of it) and links to control of football crowds. With the facial recognition hints and use anti-terror legislation coming up, it does have that authoritarian feel to it. At the same time, stopping the extremists and rioters is supported.

1 hour ago, whelk said:

So some of Leeds protestors got 20months. Soft on Muslims were they?

Yeah, good to see the Muslims getting similar punishments. I say this in terms of balance and to stop any accisations of two-tier policing, so please don't take it literally.