What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

Just now, whelk said:

As I said very fucked up. How many Muslims do you know? You can include fictitious mates you have breakfast with if you like.

I get the impression Soggy is on a crusade to put 'right' the 'wrongs' of a shady past...probably involved in something very dodgy in the 70/80s, that if exposed now would be incredibly damaging.

Saintsweb's very own Derek Vineyard!

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I get the impression Soggy is on a crusade to put 'right' the 'wrongs' of a shady past...probably involved in something very dodgy in the 70/80s, that if exposed now would be incredibly damaging.

That's exactly what it is, i've said it before too. Fixing the world one post at a time.

Edited by Turkish

16 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Instead of posting inane drivel why don’t you engage in grown up stuff. So you believe that we have two tier policing and I assume that you believe it favours black/brown/johnnyforeigner people?

How does that work exactly when you have a disproportionate amount of black/brown people affected by stop and search and a disproportionate amount of black/brown people dying in police custody? If you listen to black/brown people they believe that there it a two tier system stacked against them. So how is it that you believe that it works the other way?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, whelk said:

As I said very fucked up. How many Muslims do you know? You can include fictitious mates you have breakfast with if you like.

At the moment, none. What has that got to do with anything? I don’t know Nigel Farage personally but I know that he is a divisive, racist c**t.

Why would I make up fictitious breakfast mates? I could just as easily said that I read that stuff. The guy who worked in military intelligence has many good stories which I usually don’t share on here as I get told that I make them up, but his inside view on current events is interesting to me, even if not to you. Maybe some less grumpy people might find it interesting too. 
He was stationed in Cyprus at the time of the Turkish invasion and has just returned from a trip there where he gave a talk to the current military officers stationed there as it is the 50th anniversary of the invasion. 
I digress, believe what you like, but you don’t have to know people in Gaza to have empathy for the plight of the people being killed, maimed and displaced by the IDF. You don’t need to know any Muslims/immigrants to have empathy for those at the end of a boot, brick, firebomb or just verbal abuse from a gang of moronic thugs. There are hundreds of stories out there of people sharing their experiences of being at the end of racist hatred. You probably just assume they are making it all up because they are Muslim? And before you say it, yes, I have empathy for normal, peaceful Jewish people too who are at the end of abuse.

• Haha 2

Apparently the reason the library was burned was that someone said that all the books had been replaced by copies of the Qur'an.

Fucking morons.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, badgerx16 said:

The reason the library was burned was that someone said that all the books had been replaced by copies of the Qur'an.

Fucking morons.

Not sure they would know either way as I doubt many can actually read

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Instead of posting inane drivel why don’t you engage in grown up stuff. So you believe that we have two tier policing and I assume that you believe it favours black/brown/johnnyforeigner people?

How does that work exactly when you have a disproportionate amount of black/brown people affected by stop and search and a disproportionate amount of black/brown people dying in police custody? If you listen to black/brown people they believe that there it a two tier system stacked against them. So how is it that you believe that it works the other way?

Whats the point? Last night there were some very respectful, grown up conversations then you appeared waded into the thread without reading it and made yourself look a cock.

youre not interested in grown up conversations, you want people to nod along in agreement with what you’re saying. Your default reaction to anyone who doesn’t do this is they’re trolls, racists, Islamophobic and so on.

you’re too arrogant and blinkered to see it though, you think the problem is everyone else. I called you out years ago and you can’t cope with it so play this silly ignore game. Plenty of others are seeing through you now too. You think your superior, you think your the voice of sanity but actually you’re an incredibly arrogant prick who cannot tolerate anyone who has a different view or questions yours.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

You thinking old NF tattoos he’s now tried to make into a crescent?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:
  • Why were there no "protests" before July 4th? Nothing they claim to be taking issue with spontaneously appeared after the GE.

There’s obviously a trigger event or events that bring things to a head. Not being a racist, I wouldn’t know the exact trigger, but I imagine the Leeds riot, the Manchester airport thing & then the Southport killings in quick succession, together with a New Gov being generally softer on immigration (or perceived as being softer), & the weather plays a part as well. 

It’s exactly the same with the anti semites that attach themselves to the Gaza stuff. They latch on to ordinary people’s concerns & escalate it. How else do you explain a march on the  Israeli embassy before Isreal had really responded to 7/10 & this weeks attempt to close down “Fidler on the roof”. A show that has  nothing to do with Isreal, set in a time before Isreal existed. It’s Jew hatred pure & simple. Just as the lads who overstepped the mark the past week were driven by immigrant hatred. 

The difference is concern about Gaza & Israel is discussed freely & is considered a legitimate worry to have, whereas concern about too much immigration, isn’t. 

Do the Government really think they can legislate the issue away, that by locking up a few numpties it’s going to go away? Of course it won’t, only two things will make it go away, a lot less immigration or winning people’s hearts & minds & changing their views on how much immigration we need. Agreeing with them that immigration is too high, telling them you’re going to control it, you’re going to smash the gangs & send illegals back will only work if you actually do that. Nobody in my breakfast gang believes it & neither do I. The Tories were punished by the electorate for the levels of immigration (amongst other things) & make no mistake, this lot will too. Thanks to Brexit they’re accountable now 100% 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

What has that got to do with anything?

Because you scream Islamophobe to everyone yet hare taken no time to become friends with any. You like to put all Muslims into one homogeneous groups whereas probably plenty on here have friends, workmates, flatmates and lived in Muslim countries. Yet as we don’t hold your same views we must be Islamophobic. You try and wear your Muslim crusading as a badge of honour with not actually having a clue as to how they might think or knowing any. Whereas most interact and don’t make a distinction or actually care

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

At the moment, none. What has that got to do with anything? I don’t know Nigel Farage personally but I know that he is a divisive, racist c**t.

Why would I make up fictitious breakfast mates? I could just as easily said that I read that stuff. The guy who worked in military intelligence has many good stories which I usually don’t share on here as I get told that I make them up, but his inside view on current events is interesting to me, even if not to you. Maybe some less grumpy people might find it interesting too. 
He was stationed in Cyprus at the time of the Turkish invasion and has just returned from a trip there where he gave a talk to the current military officers stationed there as it is the 50th anniversary of the invasion. 
I digress, believe what you like, but you don’t have to know people in Gaza to have empathy for the plight of the people being killed, maimed and displaced by the IDF. You don’t need to know any Muslims/immigrants to have empathy for those at the end of a boot, brick, firebomb or just verbal abuse from a gang of moronic thugs. There are hundreds of stories out there of people sharing their experiences of being at the end of racist hatred. You probably just assume they are making it all up because they are Muslim? And before you say it, yes, I have empathy for normal, peaceful Jewish people too who are at the end of abuse.

So let me get this straight. You’ve spent years lecturing us all on how some many people are Islamophobic, how great a diverse society is, how we should all welcome immigrants and if you don’t you’re racist. Yet you don’t know a SINGLE Muslim? Not one, not even a token barber or waiter in your village. The staggering arrogance that you can lecture people when you don’t even know a single Muslim. This is frigging hilarious. 

😂

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Starting already in Southampton. London Road has a huge police presence. Loads of scrotes assembling at the Brew house vowing to target anyone who ain't white. Businesses advised to shut up shop, and plenty heeding the warning. Hopefully a lid will be kept on it 🤞

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

The sentences being handed out so far seem relatively lenient compared to other offenders. Two tier justice system?

Perhaps we should consider revoking British citizenship for those convicted of terrorism? They have set a precedent already with Sharmeena Begum.

Edited by sadoldgit

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

The sentences being handed out so far seem relatively lenient compared to other offenders. Two tier justice system?

Perhaps we should consider revoking British citizenship for those convicted of terrorism? They have set a precedent already with Sharmeena Begum.

Don't they have to be tried as terrorists before they can be convicted of terrorism?

13 minutes ago, egg said:

Starting already in Southampton. London Road has a huge police presence. Loads of scrotes assembling at the Brew house vowing to target anyone who ain't white. Businesses advised to shut up shop, and plenty heeding the warning. Hopefully a lid will be kept on it 🤞

I heard (not sure if true) that there's another one planned from the Mitre in Portswood heading towards town.  Highfield Hotel supposedly boarded up.

Just now, The Kraken said:

I heard (not sure if true) that there's another one planned from the Mitre in Portswood heading towards town.  Highfield Hotel supposedly boarded up.

Blimey. What a lovely time this is. 

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, egg said:

I guess they have to get going early so those on a tag don't miss their curfew?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Don't they have to be tried as terrorists before they can be convicted of terrorism?

I'm a stupid cunt, which everyone will agree, so explain this to me, ladies. How come a Pakistani muslim beats the crap out of the police at Manchester Airport, on video, breaking a female policeman's nose in the process and is yet to be charged, let alone tried, while a white male Southport protester (admittedly a scumbag) has already been charged, tried and banged up for three years.
#TwoTierKier

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

I'm a stupid cunt, which everyone will agree, so explain this to me, ladies. How come a Pakistani muslim beats the crap out of the police at Manchester Airport, on video, breaking a female policeman's nose in the process and is yet to be charged, let alone tried, while a white male Southport protester (admittedly a scumbag) has already been charged, tried and banged up for three years.
#TwoTierKier

It's obviously being rushed through as a deterrent.

You said it - stupid cunt.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

#TwoTierKier

I suspect they already had form / out on licence so the decision was made for the courts.

Can't imagine any of them are entertainers at children's parties who wouldn't say boo to a goose.

spacer.png

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Shamima Begum has never been convicted of terrorism.  Sorry if that destroys your simplification of her case, but the statement about the precedent being set because of her prosecution is plainly wrong.

Maybe educate yourself by looking here?

Then there's the fact that she was a dual citizen so wouldn't have been left 'stateless' as I suspect you are proposing by asking for citizenship to be removed.

Other than that though, cracking point, well made.

The logic of people complaining about people coming to our country and making it worse by literally going onto the streets to break, damage and burn peoples property is fucking unbelievable, although not at all surprising when you look at the section of society that is out there falling for this bullshit.

Every country will always have it's thickos that love a bit of a punch up. Problem is ours have been fed this lie by the political class and the rich that all of their problems are because of foreign people, and they get told this to distract from the true issue: widening wealth inequality. If the rich can protect their interests and the interests of their political donors by blaming brown people to distract the poor from the fact that they are making it harder for the poor and middle class to lead good lives, they will peddle that bullshit forever.

Edited by Saint_Jonny
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I'd get the fire engines out and give them a fucking good soaking.

Yep 

32 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

Followed by rubber bullets

Yep

Proper crowd dispersal is needed. These rats need pushing off the streets. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

#TwoTierKier

Edited by badgerx16
Stupid question

22 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Every country will always have it's thickos that love a bit of a punch up. Problem is ours have been fed this lie by the political class and the rich that all of their problems are because of foreign people, and they get told this to distract from the true issue: widening wealth inequality. If the rich can protect their interests and the interests of their political donors by blaming brown people to distract the poor from the fact that they are making it harder for the poor and middle class to lead good lives, they will peddle that bullshit forever.

Twas ever thus.

2.jpg

• Like 8

So now it is here, and if you aren't white, it's not safe to go out in southampton right now because you might get physically attacked because of the colour of your skin.

There's no argument anymore that the uk is not a racist country. A whole subset of my friends who happen to be british and black or brown, lived here all their lives, are now locked down and don't feel safe in their homes. There is no defence for this, no matter what your opinions on the old governments asylum policies were.

• Like 1

They should give the old bill free range to beat the fuck out of whoever. Bollocks to restraint. These cunts need to be met with force. Most are only brave because they know the police have orders to restrain.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pingpong said:

So now it is here, and if you aren't white, it's not safe to go out in southampton right now because you might get physically attacked because of the colour of your skin.

There's no argument anymore that the uk is not a racist country. A whole subset of my friends who happen to be british and black or brown, lived here all their lives, are now locked down and don't feel safe in their homes. There is no defence for this, no matter what your opinions on the old governments asylum policies were.

Interesting opinion, but just to be clear, is the whole of the UK racist, some of it, or just the white part? I'd be interested to hear more about your locked down "subset" of your friends' opinions. Actually, the subset description sounds a bit racist.

Meanwhile, I'm putting my old Doc Martens, Fred Perry and Bomber Jacket on and going to the footie soon. Knowing Southampton as I do, this overblown riot prediction will be a total damp squib, but either way, I intend to fit in.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guided Missile said:

#TwoTierKier

Probably because they can’t find the court time for the brown skinned person of a religion you hate as they are dealing with so many white male  rioters.

57 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Interesting opinion, but just to be clear, is the whole of the UK racist, some of it, or just the white part? I'd be interested to hear more about your locked down "subset" of your friends' opinions. Actually, the subset description sounds a bit racist.

It seems to be widespread, given the number of cities suffering, so I'd say the uk as a whole, as it doesn't seem to be geographically focused anywhere that I can see?

And yes, that there is a "subset" is racist - there is a difference in safety between groups of people depending on their skin colour. That's kind of the point.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Apologies - think everyone had it wrong then. 

As you're in the habit of handing out apologies when you're wrong - any comment on the racist cunt comment from yesterday which you appear to be ignoring? 

6 minutes ago, pingpong said:

It seems to be widespread, given the number of cities suffering, so I'd say the uk as a whole, as it doesn't seem to be geographically focused anywhere that I can see?

And yes, that there is a "subset" is racist - there is a difference in safety between groups of people depending on their skin colour. That's kind of the point.

How does a tiny minority of bellends protesting and rioting in the UK make the UK endemically racist? 

4 minutes ago, pingpong said:

The human race is inherently racist, it’s a survival instinct. It dissipates with social and economic prosperity and rears its head again in times of trouble. Always has done throughout history. The Uk is no worse than any other country.

• Like 2

Just now, Lighthouse said:

The human race is inherently racist, it’s a survival instinct. It dissipates with social and economic prosperity and rears its head again in times of trouble. Always has done throughout history. The Uk is no worse than any other country.

Actually miles better than the vast majority. 

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Might be untrue but I'm told by someone who lives there that some stuff have been thrown in to coffee shops and windows broken in Portswood. Hopefully untrue. 

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/24503913.men-smash-southampton-coffee-shop-window-early-morning-burglary/

Was a burglary overnight, so doesn't seem to be linked to the protests.