What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

16 minutes ago, egg said:

Genuine question - what would you be concerned about, and why? 

Huge segregation, significant racism from Asians onto whites, grooming gangs, large parts of Bradford no go areas for white people, high crime rates, big problems with drugs and drug gangs. What you read in the media is only the tip of it. This isn’t some scare mongering either it’s First hand from black people who live there. My mate moved from Bradford as he didn’t want to bring his boys up there and they’re mixed race kids. One of them actually played for Bradford for a while too. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Here’s an example of where immigration works well. Where I live we have had a Ghanaian family move into the housing association places on our estate. They’re a couple, the dad’s brother and two kids 5 of them in a 3 bed flat. Shes a nurse and he’s an engineer.
Every other friday evening I organise a community football match at the local sports centre all ages welcome, sometime we get 7-8 other times we get 20. so when they moved in I asked them if they wanted to come along. They didnt for the first few weeks but about the 5th time I mentioned it they came along, joined in and had a great time. The mum came along and watched and met some other mums. It turned out they didn’t have a lot of cash so couldn’t afford a car at the time so people took it in turns to give them a lift to the supermarkets and shops, invited them up to the cricket club which opens the bar on a Friday night and they have become a really well liked part of our community. They’re settled now and got a car all got jobs, the mum works at the hospital,  kids go to local schools and have made friends a really great addition to our village.

im sure some bellends on here will sneer about being a token black mate etc but the point remains that not a single normal person would be opposed to that sort of immigration. What people are opposed to is the mass immigration taking over large parts of inner cities, some parts of Bradford near me for examples are no go areas for white people now and seems like that’s the case I a lot of cities these days. 

Disapointed to read you harassing those poor folk into going to the football.

"Look, he only going to come back a sixth time, then a seventh with a 'Come to the football' placard, until we just give in. It's going to mean an end to Monopoly night, our cherished family tradition. But he's not going to stop." 🙂

A heart warming tale of reaching out, and importantly continuing to do so, to make anyone welcome and involved. Because people from all backgrounds can be reluctant, or uncomfortable, at first, for lots of reasons.

15 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Don't try to make out you were laughing at him, we know what you're laughing about.

If not, you can let us in on the hilarious joke?

The comment I made on the original twitter screenshot was lighthearted you utter moron! 

1 minute ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Disapointed to read you harassing those poor folk into going to the football.

"Look, he only going to come back a sixth time, then a seventh with a 'Come to the football' placard, until we just give in. It's going to mean an end to Monopoly night, our cherished family tradition. But he's not going to stop." 🙂

A heart warming tale of reaching out, and importantly continuing to do so, to make anyone welcome and involved. Because people from all backgrounds can be reluctant, or uncomfortable, at first, for lots of reasons.

Them Africans don’t like playing football in the cold so they. Waited until spring to join in 🤣🤣

Edited by Turkish

8 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I have never claimed YOU made the comments about social media. It was an observation about this forum in general.

What an odd thing to do??? Quote something I have no idea about it in some random thread in a post replying to me?

I smell bullshit. 

Just out of interest, you realise not all criminal trials use a jury don't you? All I was saying was that due to the number of people to prosecute they may increase that using powers set out in the terrorism act.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

The comment I made on the original twitter screenshot was lighthearted you utter moron! 

But explain the joke - because it was so unfunny I can't believe you are such a fucking boring cunt to think that is humorous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

But explain the joke - because it was so unfunny I can't believe you are such a fucking boring cunt to think that is humorous. 

Genuinely - I have no idea how you are thinking that a lighthearted and innocuous comment I made about labour being soft on crime is me being racist. Have you misunderstood? Are you drunk? 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

What an odd thing to do??? Quote something I have no idea about it in some random thread in a post replying to me?

I smell bullshit. 

Just out of interest, you realise not all criminal trials use a jury don't you? All I was saying was that due to the number of people to prosecute they may increase that using powers set out in the terrorism act.

Yep. You were suggesting that hundreds of years of the judicial system being over ridden because you'd already decided their guilt.

Using powers set out in the terrorism act would infer the actions were of terrorists. You seem happy to suggest that terrorists shouldn't get a fair trial in front of a jury because, what, you know they're already guilty anyway, so why bother?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Who is farmer Saint? I've never seen him much in the lounge and he's come barreling in all aggressive calling people cunts and throwing his weight around. 

I almost regret trying to secure him a playoff ticket now. 

Me too, tbf I wouldn't have taken one if I'd have known about your questionable morals.

I'm Farmer Saint, that's about it - I know very little of this forum so am just posting where I see inequality and persecution - like a forum vigilante. 

1 minute ago, Farmer Saint said:

Me too, tbf I wouldn't have taken one if I'd have known about your questionable morals.

I'm Farmer Saint, that's about it - I know very little of this forum so am just posting where I see inequality and persecution - like a forum vigilante. 

Vigilante is about right.

Fuck the trial, fuck the jury, just lock them up.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Genuinely - I have no idea how you are thinking that a lighthearted comment I made about labour being soft on crime is me being racist. Have you misunderstood? Are you drunk? 

But it wasn't funny. If it was funny then fine, but it wasn't.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Yep. You were suggesting that hundreds of years of the judicial system being over ridden because you'd already decided their guilt.

Using powers set out in the terrorism act would infer the actions were of terrorists. You seem happy to suggest that terrorists shouldn't get a fair trial in front of a jury because, what, you know they're already guilty anyway, so why bother?

I was saying nothing of the sort - don't gaslight me. I said it may well happen, not that it should happen. 

I see we have the creme de la creme of the racists out tonight - EDL meeting finish early did it? 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

There doesn't need to be riots for people to be upset.

There was a lot of opposition to white Polish people "coming over here and taking our jobs" though.

True, although being upset is a million miles away from what we're seeing now. My guess is that the people who were upset by Poles coming here to work will be even more upset that non white people are now doing that work.

Would we have this nonsense if Brexit hadn't happened and the immigrant workers were white Europeans. Is suspect not, and although I may be wrong, my guess is that many of these protestors see black and white immigrants differently. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, egg said:

True, although being upset is a million miles away from what we're seeing now. My guess is that the people who were upset by Poles coming here to work will be even more upset that non white people are now doing that work.

Would we have this nonsense if Brexit hadn't happened and the immigrant workers were white Europeans. Is suspect not, and although I may be wrong, my guess is that many of these protestors see black and white immigrants differently. 

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

8 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

All those times I shouted out "Who was that masked tractor?!" and received odd looks.

#vindicated 🙂

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

There doesn't need to be riots for people to be upset.

There was a lot of opposition to white Polish people "coming over here and taking our jobs" though.

TBF I know loads of Poles and have worked with a lot and almost all of them are hard working, law abiding and friendly once you get past their blunt exterior. I don't personally have an issue with immigrants that work and make attempts to assimilate. In my experience they aren't an issue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Is it really down to skin colour though or is it culture? 

4 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

All those times I shouted out "Who was that masked tractor?!" and received odd looks.

#vindicated 🙂

When I see the silhouette of a combine shining out over Beachy Head, I head to my Claas and amble my way out of the Tractcave. 

Edited by Farmer Saint

Just now, Turkish said:

Well, the guys that got dragged out of that BMW - are they Muslim, Christian, Hindu, agnostic or any other religion.

I'm guessing they weren't asked, so it's colour... 

Just now, Farmer Saint said:

How many of these cases would you expect to be heard by a jury? 

The vast majority of cases that these people will be charged with are "either way" offences meaning that they can elect trial by jury. To remove that option, our whole criminal justice system would need ripping up, and our right to be tried by our peers for most offences taken from us. It ain't happening. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, egg said:

The vast majority of cases that these people will be charged with are "either way" offences meaning that they can elect trial by jury. To remove that option, our whole criminal justice system would need ripping up, and our right to be tried by our peers for most offences taken from us. It ain't happening. 

Most will be heard in Magistrates court, so most will not be heard by jury as it's not rape, murder etc. 

Edited by Farmer Saint

Fucking hell - really? I think you're lying about it being a joke. 

You think the sentence: 

"Two months? I thought he'd get 6 at least. Bloody labour soft on crime." 

Was me being serious? And less than an hour later I'd change tack and pretend it was a joke? For what purpose? Let's say for arguments sake that I was being serious. That would be a good thing wouldn't it? Because I'd have been calling for Labour to be tougher on the rioters and issue them with longer sentences. 

Even if it's not funny, how on earth does any of that comment make me a racist cunt? 

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Colour, and religious prejudice although I'd hazard a guess that a white Muslim wouldn't get any grief out there. I'd also suspect that a black Christian would get more grief than a white one. These idiots see white immigration differently. Nobody is telling me that a blond Australian doctor is be targeted walking around Southport. No way. If that doctor is a Syrian Muslim, he's bang in trouble. 

• Like 2

Most will be heard in Magistrates court, so most will not be heard by jury as it's not rape, murder etc. 

No. The court doesn't decide in either way cases. A defendant has the right to elect crown court trial. Rape and murder are indictable only (crown court only) but the stiff these folks will be charged with will mostly be either way. It's only lesser crimes that are summary only (magistrates only). 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Huge segregation, significant racism from Asians onto whites, grooming gangs, large parts of Bradford no go areas for white people, high crime rates, big problems with drugs and drug gangs. What you read in the media is only the tip of it. This isn’t some scare mongering either it’s First hand from black people who live there. My mate moved from Bradford as he didn’t want to bring his boys up there and they’re mixed race kids. One of them actually played for Bradford for a while too. 

Cheers. You haven't sold it me! 

10 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Well, the guys that got dragged out of that BMW - are they Muslim, Christian, Hindu, agnostic or any other religion.

I'm guessing they weren't asked, so it's colour... 

Muslims and Sikhs are the same skin colour but in my experience you don’t have too many people who have an issue with Sikhs. 

3 minutes ago, egg said:

No. The court doesn't decide in either way cases. A defendant has the right to elect crown court trial. Rape and murder are indictable only (crown court only) but the stiff these folks will be charged with will mostly be either way. It's only lesser crimes that are summary only (magistrates only). 

Most will be 6 months or under so although they may elect crown court the Magistrates court is unlikely to summarise iylt as suitable for a crown court. Like the case below, most will be decided at Magistrates Court:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c9900dmxzd8o

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Muslims and Sikhs are the same skin colour but in my experience you don’t have too many people who have an issue with Sikhs. 

How do you know those in the BMW weren't Sikhs? And how did those that attacked them? 

How do you know those in the BMW weren't Sikhs? And how did those that attacked them? 

I don’t actually know what BMW incident you’re talking about to be fair

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

What do you think about racism for whites against Asian people?

Do you know that there are more white grooming gangs than Asian?

There are areas that are no go areas for brown/black people too.

There are huge drug problems with white people/county lines.

More white people are involved in crime than non-white.

What you seem happy to completely ignore is that the problems that you focus on are more of an issue that involve white people who comprise of over 80% of the population of the UK.

You are no different to the people that are causing the riots. You see what you want to see. You hear what you want to hear. 

There are many problems in this country. They involve people of all colours, races and creeds. When you just focus on a specific group, ignoring the bigger picture, that is pure, blinkered racism.

You have the same issues with gay people, transgender people, woke people. Nigel Farage is not the answer. You like to think you are a smart cookie. If you were as smart as you think you are you would listen to people with a wider, more mature world view than those you seem to seek out normally.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

What do you think about racism for whites against Asian people?

Do you know that there are more white grooming gangs than Asian?

There are areas that are no go areas for brown/black people too.

There are huge drug problems with white people/county lines.

More white people are involved in crime than non-white.

What you seem happy to completely ignore is that the problems that you focus on are more of an issue that involve white people who comprise of over 80% of the population of the UK.

You are no different to the people that are causing the riots. You see what you want to see. You hear what you want to hear. 

There are many problems in this country. They involve people of all colours, races and creeds. When you just focus on a specific group, ignoring the bigger picture, that is pure, blinkered racism.

You have the same issues with gay people, transgender people, woke people. Nigel Farage is not the answer. You like to think you are a smart cookie. If you were as smart as you think you are you would listen to people with a wider, more mature world view than those you seem to seek out normally.

I was asked why I wouldn’t want to bring my family up in Bradford. The response were from What I was told by three black women and a white man who has 3 mixed race boys who do or did live there. 

in your 98% white, small middle class village in Kent you aren’t qualified to comment on what people who live in Bradford say. 

the grown ups are talking now come back tomorrow once James O’Brien has told you want to think

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I don’t actually know what BMW incident you’re talking about to be fair

The one where about 50 protesters spotted 2 Asians in a BMW, shouted "Kill them", dragged them out of the car, best the shit out of them and left them for dead.

There's a video out there. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Tell us, what “culture” do people have when they trash towns and terrify innocent, normal people who just want to get on with their lives? Do these people represent all that is good about British values to you? Tell us please, what “culture” do these people have that is so commendable to you?

• Like 1

There was a relatively sensible discussion going on and then soggy arrives with his guardian and James obrien talking points. 

Yep funnily enough I was just thinking this had been quite a sensible discussion then he wades in, even though he’s for me on ignore 

The one where about 50 protesters spotted 2 Asians in a BMW, shouted "Kill them", dragged them out of the car, best the shit out of them and left them for dead.

There's a video out there. 

Don’t most Sikhs wear turbans? 

Most will be 6 months or under so although they may elect crown court the Magistrates court is unlikely to summarise iylt as suitable for a crown court. Like the case below, most will be decided at Magistrates Court:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c9900dmxzd8o

Although I may talk nonsense about lots of things, I know what I'm talking about on this one.

Arson, affray, criminal damage, violent disorder, assault (except GBH with intent), possession of an offensive weapon, assault police, are amongst the offences that you'd expect these people to be charged with. They are all either way offences. That gives the defendant the choice of crown court trial even if the magistrates think they can deal with it. 

Here's a bit more detail. 

Defence "right of election" to the Crown Court after not guilty plea

23. Where the magistrates consider the offence is suitable for summary trial, the defendant is told of this, and warned that, even after a summary trial, the magistrates may nevertheless send the defendant to the Crown Court for sentence where they feel the offence merits greater punishment than they have the power to impose. The defendant will then be asked: "Do you wish to be tried by this court or do you wish to be tried by a jury?"

24. A defendant therefore has to agree to a summary trial if this is the course of action to be followed, but has the right to "elect" or choose jury trial. In simple terms this means that the defendant still has the choice to elect a Crown Court trial even if the magistrates' court decides that a case is suitable for summary trial.

• Like 2

Just now, sadoldgit said:

Tell us, what “culture” do people have when they trash towns and terrify innocent, normal people who just want to get on with their lives? Do these people represent all that is good about British values to you? Tell us please, what “culture” do these people have that is so commendable to you?

You’re wading into this thread not understanding what is being discussed and making yourself look a fucking whopper. Pipe down you prick

• Like 2

Just now, Turkish said:

Don’t most Sikhs wear turbans? 

Practising, yeah. But they may not have had any religion, they may have been Buddhists? Do people have a problem with Buddhists? It just doesn't feel like culture to me when they target anyone of Asian colour. 

Just now, egg said:

Although I may talk nonsense about lots of things, I know what I'm talking about on this one.

Arson, affray, criminal damage, violent disorder, assault (except GBH with intent), possession of an offensive weapon, assault police, are amongst the offences that you'd expect these people to be charged with. They are all either way offences. That gives the defendant the choice of crown court trial even if the magistrates think they can deal with it. 

23. Where the magistrates consider the offence is suitable for summary trial, the defendant is told of this, and warned that, even after a summary trial, the magistrates may nevertheless send the defendant to the Crown Court for sentence where they feel the offence merits greater punishment than they have the power to impose. The defendant will then be asked: "Do you wish to be tried by this court or do you wish to be tried by a jury?"

24. A defendant therefore has to agree to a summary trial if this is the course of action to be followed, but has the right to "elect" or choose jury trial. In simple terms this means that the defendant still has the choice to elect a Crown Court trial even if the magistrates' court decides that a case is suitable for summary trial.

I though the rule was if conviction is likely to result in a custodial sentence of more than 12 Months it automatically gets referred to crown court. Stand to be corrected as I know this is your area of expertise 

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Fair enough - thanks for the info. 

Edited by Farmer Saint

Practising, yeah. But they may not have had any religion, they may have been Buddhists? Do people have a problem with Buddhists? It just doesn't feel like culture to me when they target anyone of Asian colour. 

If they do I have no idea why. Buddhism is possible the only religion I’d sign up to. Can see a lot of good in it

• Like 1