What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

No idea I just think there needs to be serious attempts and signs that it's actually making a difference. I think you also need to listen to communities and seek to address their frustrations. Even if it's untrue, there is a perception among a significant section of society that the police treat communities differently and that they don't matter. Certainly isn't the fault solely of Labour but there needs to be an attempt to quell things and start some sort of dialogue. That's what I'd like to see anyway rather than more people coming out to riot. 

It's not untrue. It has been established that the police will treat you more favourably if you are white, and that you are more likely to be stopped, arrested, convicted, and get longer jail time for equivalent crimes if you are black or brown. That's backed up with the data, and I agree with you, it needs to be addressed. I would give labour more than a month or two though, I don't think we can judge the impact of their actions until 3 or 4 years into their term if we want to have reliable data.

• Haha 1

No matter how much you might think immigration is an issue, smashing shop windows because you want to nick a new pair of trainers, and burning a library, is not going to help convince the Government that you have a point.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Well, they want their country back. How do you propose that happens?

They also want all migrants deported. Again, any ideas?

Cultural integration. How does that happen when they hate Muslims?

Sort out policing to their satisfaction. How does that happen when they constantly break the laws of the land and put themselves against the police?

The problem is not that they have a point and we need to listen to them. The problem is that they hate certain types of people, don’t want them here and want a fantasised version of Engerland that never actually existed anyway (and one in which they still would be bottom of the food chain. When the best of you is Tommy Robison you are in trouble. You can’t negotiate with pondlife.

Boneheaded takes like this won't resolve anything. Real attempts need to be made to understand, listen and engage - not with people smashing up the place but others within the primarily working class communities that have the perception that they are being ignored and not listened to. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pingpong said:

It's not untrue. It has been established that the police will treat you more favourably if you are white, and that you are more likely to be stopped, arrested, convicted, and get longer jail time for equivalent crimes if you are black or brown. That's backed up with the data, and I agree with you, it needs to be addressed. I would give labour more than a month or two though, I don't think we can judge the impact of their actions until 3 or 4 years into their term if we want to have reliable data.

Working class white boys have some of the worst outcomes in UK society if not the worst. I would argue that the problems in the UK are rooted to a. Much greater degree in class than race. I never once said I was giving labour a month to resolve it. 

Edited by hypochondriac

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

No matter how much you might think immigration is an issue, smashing shop windows because you want to nick a new pair of trainers, and burning a library, is not going to help convince the Government that you have a point.

I think that's stating the obvious. 

15 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Two months? I thought he'd get 6 at least. Bloody labour soft on crime. 

Screenshot_20240806_194722_X.jpg

I expect most people will plead guilty as they will be bang to rights caught on video. I doubt they'll be many done for rioting either or arson with intent, maybe a few of the more obvious ones but that'll be a length and expensive legal battle. They'll want to bang up as many as possible as quickly as possible to send out the message to the others what will happen. So a deal of plead guilty to criminal damage, affray or whatever and that'll be that.

23 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Boneheaded takes like this won't resolve anything. Real attempts need to be made to understand, listen and engage - not with people smashing up the place but others within the primarily working class communities that have the perception that they are being ignored and not listened to. 

this is also right too. The narrative is white person protests, bad, racist thug. There is a reason why there has been tensions boiling for years and it's now come to a head and people need to get to the bottom of that. Smashing things up is fucking stupid but the writing was on the wall after the Brexit vote. The vote went the other way for the reasons you state, 8 years on nothings changed. If you voted for Brexit you were a thick racist, a gammon, if you protest you're a thick, racist gammon. The government dont seem to be interested in addressing the cause. If you're dismissing the hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of people who think differently to you as thick racist thugs then i'd say you're also part of the problem.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I expect most people will plead guilty as they will be bang to rights caught on video. I doubt they'll be many done for rioting either or arson with intent, maybe a few of the more obvious ones but that'll be a length and expensive legal battle. They'll want to bang up as many as possible as quickly as possible to send out the message to the others what will happen. So a deal of plead guilty to criminal damage, affray or whatever and that'll be that.

this is also right too. The narrative is white person protests, bad, racist thug. There is a reason why there has been tensions boiling for years and it's now come to a head and people need to get to the bottom of that. Smashing things up is fucking stupid but the writing was on the wall after the Brexit vote. The vote went the other way for the reasons you state, 8 years on nothings changed. If you voted for Brexit you were a thick racist, a gammon, if you protest you're a thick, racist gammon. The government dont seem to be interested in addressing the cause. If you're dismissing the hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of people who think differently to you as thick racist thugs then i'd say you're also part of the problem.

What do you think the solution is? Give them more money for doing fuck all? Deport a third of the NHS staff? 
Nature has a chain and being discontent with your life is down to a number of factors. Global economics has ensured anyone unskilled will not have job security unfortunately and not everyone can gain the skills they need to make themselves employable. 
Labour are at least attempting to address housing but there isn’t quick fixes for the impoverished. 
I think immigration is too high but we are not ready to settle for the economy contracting and care sector to fail. People would be moaning their gran is left for days after soiling herself because there is no one to visit her. Those people are needed and need accommodation and in my experience are generally lovely people. 

Austerity has fucked the asylum process, feeling streets are safe and numerous other services. There is a cost to having a society that helps all but the electorate definitely have no desire to subsidise. 

although information is widely available and people’s desire to want to move from poverty/tyranny to the west is not a UK issue - many countries suffering.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, whelk said:

What do you think the solution is? Give them more money for doing fuck all? Deport a third of the NHS staff? 
Nature has a chain and being discontent with your life is down to a number of factors. Global economics has ensured anyone unskilled will not have job security unfortunately and not everyone can gain the skills they need to make themselves employable. 
Labour are at least attempting to address housing but there isn’t quick fixes for the impoverished. 
I think immigration is too high but we are not ready to settle for the economy contracting and care sector to fail. People would be moaning their gran is left for days after soiling herself because there is no one to visit her. Those people are needed and need accommodation and in my experience are generally lovely people. 

Austerity has fucked the asylum process, feeling streets are safe and numerous other services. There is a cost to having a society that helps all but the electorate definitely have no desire to subsidise. 

although information is widely available and people’s desire to want to move from poverty/tyranny to the west is not a UK issue - many countries suffering.

Just dramatically reducing illegal immigration would make a big difference. Equating illegal migrants with legal migrants doing useful jobs isn't helpful and it's a different debate about what level we want legal migration to be. 

On a personal level I don't think it's acceptable to have growing communities that don't make efforts to assimilate into society. I think the government needs to be more confident and stronger about standing up for our values and being clear about what is unacceptable. On top of everything else, jumping the queue by climbing in a boat and then being able to stay is extremely un British. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, whelk said:

Unlike some on here i dont think i have the answers to this as well as global pandemics, bringing peace in the middle east and Ukraine etc

Legal migrants who are working and paying their way living as part of the UK population is completely different discussion to those who come here illegally, get put up in hotels at the tax payers expense or those others who are here but dont want to integrate and demand we conform to them. 

here's just one example Migrant hotel costs rise to £8m a day, Home Office figures show - BBC News

Taxes are going up, the economy is fucked, cost of living sky high, pensioners fuel support is being cut and people then read this. £8m a day for people who shouldn't really be here. 

• Like 2

Just dramatically reducing illegal immigration would make a big difference. Equating illegal migrants with legal migrants doing useful jobs isn't helpful and it's a different debate

Do you think these people complaining about housing and gp appointments going to immigrants are looking and say that’s ok they are here legally - that will be the vast majority. No one wants any illegal migration but 700k net migration in a year is not sustainable with current infrastructure. If illegal migration stopped tomorrow many would still have problems with immigrants so no solution to what is going on in these inner cities

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Unlike some on here i dont think i have the answers to this

But you pointed out that working class whites have voted in hope and got  nothing. Don’t disagree but thinking it is only the bill of illegals that is firing them up - it is emotive but not the root of the discontent. So not ‘the solution’ although clearly needs addressing and I have more confidence in Starmer than the tough talking Tories who had no idea what to do

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Just dramatically reducing illegal immigration would make a big difference............................On top of everything else, jumping the queue by climbing in a boat and then being able to stay is extremely un British. 

Total immigration to the UK is well over a million a year, boat crossings this year will probably be around 25 thousand, ( based on Government figures ). There is a lot of hype around the boat crossings, but reducing it to zero will barely dent the total figure.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 5

Do you think these people complaining about housing and gp appointments going to immigrants are looking and say that’s ok they are here legally - that will be the vast majority. No one wants any illegal migration but 700k net migration in a year is not sustainable with current infrastructure. If illegal migration stopped tomorrow many would still have problems with immigrants so no solution to what is going on in these inner cities

Lowering the levels will at least prevent it from getting progressively worse each year. You're right that it won't solve the problem completely but it would be a start. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Total immigration to the UK is well over a million a year, boat crossings this year will probably be around 25 thousand, ( based on Government figures ). There is a lot of hype around the boat crossings, but reducing it to zero will barely dent the total figure.

Yes like I said it's a start. You're right though that legal migration has increased massively as well. A fair amount of it as whelk pointed out is necessary but not all of it. I'd like the UK to be more selective about it's immigration and ensuring that we aren't importing cultural norms that are incompatible with our society. 

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Maybe but I expect most would agree that posting a link to a tweet which turned out to be fake news isn’t quite as offensive as saying you’re going to shag a posters dead mum not long after they’d died. If that’s lack of self awareness then happy to own that too

I never said that and you never seem to be able find it. 

Have a little rant about being accused of being a narcissist or being on ignore, you haven't done that for 12 hours.

Edited by Fan The Flames
  • Haha 1

But you pointed out that working class whites have voted in hope and got  nothing. Don’t disagree but thinking it is only the bill of illegals that is firing them up - it is emotive but not the root of the discontent. So not ‘the solution’ although clearly needs addressing and I have more confidence in Starmer than the tough talking Tories who had no idea what to do

I didn’t say it was the only reason I said it’s an example.

Yes there will be some who are just racist individuals who would hate anyone who wasn’t white whatever they did but let’s be real here this is a tiny minority despite what some on here think. People arrogantly dismiss millions of people as thick, racist, gammons because they don’t see the world the same as them, because their world probably is different to theirs and those that think this way are part of the problem too. When 17m voiced their view that they weren’t happy with the way things are it was very arrogant to just dismiss them all. Things have got worse since then not better 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

I never said that and you never seem to be able find it. 

Have a little rant about being accused of being a narcissist or being on ignore, you haven't done that for 12 hours.

It’s funny how despite claiming you didn’t  say it you knew exactly what I was talking about and made a vigorous denial last time I brought it up calling me a sad fuck for posting about stuff from so long ago. Getting  all defensive now too I see. Pretty odd for someone who definitely didn’t say it 🤣

im Not going to scroll back over 10 years to find the post. if you want to pretend you didn’t say it crack on, I suspect most people wouldn’t want to admit they’d said something that sick either. 

Edited by Turkish

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Lol.

On one hand you're not allowed to take a peek at social media whilst at work, on the other, we can dispense with the entire judicial system and lock people up without a trial!

Did someone say Guantanamo?

Sorry what the hell are you talking about social media about? Have you got me confused with someone else? 

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Serious attempts to tackle illegal migration would be a good start. 

But that's 10% of actual migration, that seems to be the sticking point (although the thick knob heads don't know it). 

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It’s funny how despite claiming you didn’t  say it you knew exactly what I was talking about and made a vigorous denial last time I brought it up calling me a sad fuck for posting about stuff from so long ago. Getting  all defensive now too I see. Pretty odd for someone who definitely didn’t say it 🤣

im Not going to scroll back over 10 years to find the post. if you want to pretend you didn’t say it crack on, I suspect most people wouldn’t want to admit they’d said something that sick either. 

Not that it matters but I remember him saying it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Just dramatically reducing illegal immigration would make a big difference. Equating illegal migrants with legal migrants doing useful jobs isn't helpful and it's a different debate about what level we want legal migration to be. 

On a personal level I don't think it's acceptable to have growing communities that don't make efforts to assimilate into society. I think the government needs to be more confident and stronger about standing up for our values and being clear about what is unacceptable. On top of everything else, jumping the queue by climbing in a boat and then being able to stay is extremely un British. 

What would help is education for the morons doing this - if this were lefties protesting at say, closing of mines or something like that I bet you'd have a different view. 

I've addressed that twice later in the thread. 

And not convincingly there either. 

Why don't we deal with the problem first, which is endemic racism in society. 

Which of these illegal immigrants is having their mosques attacked, their cafes burnt out, being thrown out of their BMW and being attacked? None of them. What do they all have in common though? I'll give you three guesses. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Why does it matter? Even if it's fake it was a joke post. 

This shit's not funny - innocent people are being attacked and their livelihoods being ruined - have some fucking morals you thick racist cunt. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

And not convincingly there either. 

Why don't we deal with the problem first, which is endemic racism in society. 

Which of these illegal immigrants is having their mosques attacked, their cafes burnt out, being thrown out of their BMW and being attacked? None of them. What do they all have in common though? I'll give you three guesses. 

Don't think I'll bother replying to you further except to say that attitudes like yours will not lead to these problems getting any better. I don't agree with your summation of the issues. 

Here’s an example of where immigration works well. Where I live we have had a Ghanaian family move into the housing association places on our estate. They’re a couple, the dad’s brother and two kids 5 of them in a 3 bed flat. Shes a nurse and he’s an engineer.
Every other friday evening I organise a community football match at the local sports centre all ages welcome, sometime we get 7-8 other times we get 20. so when they moved in I asked them if they wanted to come along. They didnt for the first few weeks but about the 5th time I mentioned it they came along, joined in and had a great time. The mum came along and watched and met some other mums. It turned out they didn’t have a lot of cash so couldn’t afford a car at the time so people took it in turns to give them a lift to the supermarkets and shops, invited them up to the cricket club which opens the bar on a Friday night and they have become a really well liked part of our community. They’re settled now and got a car all got jobs, the mum works at the hospital,  kids go to local schools and have made friends a really great addition to our village.

im sure some bellends on here will sneer about being a token black mate etc but the point remains that not a single normal person would be opposed to that sort of immigration. What people are opposed to is the mass immigration taking over large parts of inner cities, some parts of Bradford near me for examples are no go areas for white people now and seems like that’s the case I a lot of cities these days. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

He's white you dinlo. 

Screenshot_20240806_215445_X.jpg

Don't try to make out you were laughing at him, we know what you're laughing about.

If not, you can let us in on the hilarious joke?

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Here’s an example of where immigration works well. Where I live we have had a Ghanaian family move into the housing association places on our estate. They’re a couple, the dad’s brother and two kids 5 of them in a 3 bed flat. Shes a nurse and he’s an engineer.
Every other friday evening I organise a community football match at the local sports centre all ages welcome, sometime we get 7-8 other times we get 20. so when they moved in I asked them if they wanted to come along. They didnt for the first few weeks but about the 5th time I mentioned it they came along, joined in and had a great time. The mum came along and watched and met some other mums. It turned out they didn’t have a lot of cash so couldn’t afford a car at the time so people took it in turns to give them a lift to the supermarkets and shops, invited them up to the cricket club which opens the bar on a Friday night and they have become a really well liked part of our community. They’re settled now and got a car all got jobs, the mum works at the hospital,  kids go to local schools and have made friends a really great addition to our village.

im sure some bellends on here will sneer about being a token black mate etc but the point remains that not a single normal person would be opposed to that sort of immigration. What people are opposed to is the mass immigration taking over large parts of inner cities, some parts of Bradford near me for examples are no go areas for white people now and seems like that’s the case I a lot of cities these days. 

I agree, and have always said the immigration needs to be the right immigration, this is due to years and years of shit immigration policy coming home to roost. But Bradford is not made up of 600k illegal immigrants, however much Hypo, the Mail and the Express want you to believe it. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Are people opposed to mass immigration of white people, or is it just the brown ones? I get the impression that they're ok with the Aussies and Germans, but not the Syrians and Sudanese. Racism is at the core of this imo. 

27 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Sorry what the hell are you talking about social media about? Have you got me confused with someone else? 

No.

Merely highlighting your outrageous views on how to deal with criminals.

One could argue they are very far right of right wing views. Let's just lock people up without a fair trial. Guilty until proved otherwise (without a trial) eh?

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

No.

Merely highlighting your outrageous views on how to deal with criminals.

One could argue they are very far right of right wing views. Let's just lock people up without a fair trial. Guilty until proved otherwise (without a trial) eh?

Where did I say that's what they should do - and where have I mentioned social media at work? 

Think you need to take a break and think about what you're posting about. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 1

Just now, Farmer Saint said:

I agree, and have always said the immigration needs to be the right immigration. But Bradford is not made up of 600k illegal immigrants, however much Hypo, the Mail and the Express want you to believe it. 

I live right near it mate, one of my best mates is from there and still got family over that way. I go through there once a month or so. No there aren’t hundreds of thousands of illegals there but as a white middle aged person I really wouldn’t want to bring up my family there 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Are people opposed to mass immigration of white people, or is it just the brown ones? I get the impression that they're ok with the Aussies and Germans, but not the Syrians and Sudanese. Racism is at the core of this imo. 

There was a lot of upset about the Polish years ago.

1 minute ago, Farmer Saint said:

Where did I say that's what they should do - and where have I mentioned social media at work? 

Think you need to take a break and think about what you're posting about. 

I have never claimed YOU made the comments about social media. It was an observation about this forum in general.

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I live right near it mate, one of my best mates is from there and still got family over that way. I go through there once a month or so. No there aren’t hundreds of thousands of illegals there but as a white middle aged person I really wouldn’t want to bring up my family there 

Genuine question - what would you be concerned about, and why? 

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Well people weren’t to happy when hundreds of thousands of Eastern Europeans moved here in 2005 or so, particularly if you’re a builder and you saw your rates halved because polish builders would do it much cheaper However I would also suggest the Eastern Europeans integrated pretty well and culturally aren’t that different when alll is said and done. Which so ultimately what it comes down to.