What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

Times like this are a great opportunity to cull social media "friends" and followers. The amount of people who I thought were decent have shown themselves to be proper eejits. 

One lass today posted that this is all justified because we don't want our country overrun by rapists and terrorists, whilst people like her old dad have to sit in the cold. A wee bit of conflation going on there. 

Apparently Farage will sort it out in five minutes. 

And that's the more sensible end of the posting spectrum.

• Like 2

Just now, whelk said:

Pass an emergency Bill to tax the hell out of X. Or ban the fucking thing. Show Musk who is top dog Starmer 

There's something in that. The bloke is dangerous and needs moderation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mixedkebab said:

Try and calm down, an obsession with people to commit violence on your behalf is not healthy. By the way loads of the army are disillusioned with immigrants being given better accommodation and treatment than they get from the government. especially wounded veterans. 

Sounds like your head needs to be given a wobble as well. Are you confusing immigrants with asylum seekers? 

1 minute ago, whelk said:

Pass an emergency Bill to tax the hell out of X. Or ban the fucking thing. Show Musk who is top dog Starmer 

Fucking too right. Emergency Bill with billions in fines for any posts that incite violence in the UK and then an end to "X" by the end of 2024. Absolutely tax the fuck out of the melt. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Apparently, the "terrorism" charges are being considered where there is evidence of 'planning' to cause severe disruption.

Looks like the just stop oil prisoners got off lightly.

Interesting to see what happens to those that are currently abroad and tweeting? Could we see a situation where coming back into the UK could get them put away for 10+ years? 

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

If you get 5 years for gluing yourself to the tarmac trying to save the planet, what should you get for trying to burn people alive because they have a different colour skin?

Arson with intent carries a very long stretch, and should. The interesting thing is going to be whether the attitudes of the jurors trying these muppets is aligned to said muppets, or of normal people. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mixedkebab said:

Try and calm down, an obsession with people to commit violence on your behalf is not healthy. By the way loads of the army are disillusioned with immigrants being given better accommodation and treatment than they get from the government. especially wounded veterans. Oh and by the way, you could well be right about the child thing, if anyone makes that statement about the black community publicly there is uproar.

Sorry, see you edited your post. What the fuck does the black community have to do with what I just said? 

6 minutes ago, egg said:

Times like this are a great opportunity to cull social media "friends" and followers. The amount of people who I thought were decent have shown themselves to be proper eejits. 

One lass today posted that this is all justified because we don't want our country overrun by rapists and terrorists, whilst people like her old dad have to sit in the cold. A wee bit of conflation going on there. 

Conflating any issues can justify anything. You look at what Hypo posted the other day, and you apply that conflation to Muslims in this country and you can justify 7/7, the Manchester bombings and any number of Jihad events. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Farmer Saint said:

Sorry, see you edited your post. What the fuck does the black community have to do with what I just said? 

White lower classes are fair game to stereotype and cunt off their lifestyle, the same people wouldn’t dare say shit about the other communities for fear of racism accusations. Scumbags are scumbags but a whole large group of people only have the balls to demonise white scumbags.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, egg said:

Arson with intent carries a very long stretch, and should. The interesting thing is going to be whether the attitudes of the jurors trying these muppets is aligned to said muppets, or of normal people. 

Make sure you look closely at the jurors’ teeth

IMG_0231.jpeg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, egg said:

With the amount of trials, they could pass legislation to trial without a jury. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Conflating any issues can justify anything. You look at what Hypo posted the other day, and you apply that conflation to Muslims in this country and you can justify 7/7, the Manchester bombings and any number of Jihad events. 

Yep. Conflation is an easy tool for tools who ain't the sharpest tools. 

Stupid people, on here and out there, are showing themselves at the moment. 

Sad times. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mixedkebab said:

White lower classes are fair game to stereotype and cunt off their lifestyle, the same people wouldn’t dare say shit about the other communities for fear of racism accusations. Scumbags are scumbags but a whole large group of people only have the balls to demonise white scumbags.

But this isn't about black communities. I could say that a lot of Muslim communities treat their women/wives and children badly, but again, that's not relevant with what I was saying. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see changes to statute and process to fast track where possible, but trial of either way or indictable offences without jury would need a revolutionary change to our legal system that I don't see happening.

That said, there are a lot of part time judges out there who could be ticketed to here cases outside of their usual remit, so if nothing else its possible to push more people through the system with some thought and ingenuity. Starmer knows the system well, and has a very astute DPP, so let's see what happens. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, whelk said:

You might have discovered the first Brexit benefit....!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Its not obvious that you have, that's why I said it. All I've seen is you whine about the nasty police, nasty Starmer and the naughty lying BBC and how it's all so unfair.

By the way you being reminded of something you have done two days ago is nothing compared to you going on to certain posters about stuff they said years and decades ago. Zero self awareness.

Maybe but I expect most would agree that posting a link to a tweet which turned out to be fake news isn’t quite as offensive as saying you’re going to shag a posters dead mum not long after they’d died. If that’s lack of self awareness then happy to own that too

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gloucester Saint said:

Are the Portsmouth cases already underway in the courts? That’s quick from the CPS

SoG's back on the payroll so they're up to speed. 

(Sorry SoG, couldn't resist). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Maybe but I expect most would agree that posting a link to a tweet which turned out to be fake news isn’t quite as offensive as saying you’re going to shag a posters dead mum not long after they’d died…..

Any chance of staying on topic Del rather than dredging up some random shite from years ago that everyone else had forgotten about, and couldn't give two shiny shits about in 2024. 

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, egg said:

You only have yourself to blame ;)

19 minutes ago, Mixedkebab said:

Scumbags are scumbags, you are quite right, but everyone calls out a scumbag. The difference here is that there are a great many scumbags who hate foreigners, think we are are still the same country who used to have a huge Empire and are superior to the rest of the world and most of them are thick as mince. You see them in the riots here and you see them wrecking town centres at England matches abroad. They are usually covered with tattoos, shaved heads and are tanked up on booze/drugs. They are particularly unpleasant and are rightly called out because there are a great many of them and they are a stain on this country.

Being “lower class” has nothing to do with anything. There are plenty of working class people who don’t behave like they do. They get called out for what they are and the way they behave. Moronic scumbags. If any others behaved like they do, they would also be called moronic scumbags. They are only stereotyped because they are stereotypical moronic scumbags.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, egg said:

As this is the nearest I get to Soshall Meeja, don't do X Facebook Insta or any other shit like that, which of you lot should I cull ?

32 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Lol.

On one hand you're not allowed to take a peek at social media whilst at work, on the other, we can dispense with the entire judicial system and lock people up without a trial!

Did someone say Guantanamo?

Just now, badgerx16 said:

As this is the nearest I get to Soshall Meeja, don't do X Facebook Insta or any other shit like that, which of you lot should I cull ?

Same for me, don't have any of that bollocks.

I'm just waiting for my MOD apprenticeship to start so I can start b-anning people (but only for a week until the apprenticeship is passed).

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

That's a hornets nest badger! I'm not going there - this place is already too much about posters rather than the posts and the issues. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, egg said:

Any chance of staying on topic Del rather than dredging up some random shite from years ago that everyone else had forgotten about, and couldn't give two shiny shits about in 2024. 

It wasn’t me that started going on about self awareness maybe you should have directed this post to someone else 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Twitter is great. I'd certainly rather have a beer with Elon musk than the likes of Rory Stewart or Jon sopel. Not least because he'd be more likely to buy it. 

As I say, at times like this, people show their true colours. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Worth pointing out that long sentences for everyone involved in this isn't going to resolve the tensions bubbling under the surface. Some attempt needs to be made to resolve some of the issue because it's not going away

In principle, that's sensible. What do you have in mind? 

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Twitter is great. I'd certainly rather have a beer with Elon musk than the likes of Rory Stewart or Jon sopel. Not least because he'd be more likely to buy it. 

Musk is one odd fucker. Sopel much more fun and rounded. 

8 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

And when you hit a conversation lull you could suggest you go dancing and on the pull

IMG_0232.gif

17 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Going to be hard.  I love everyone here

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Not that there was any doubt, but this says it all.

To be fair to Stewart and Sopel, they would probably prefer to have a beer with Musk than you too!

And Twitter is a cesspit so I expect you fit right in with your views.

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Haha 1

Andrea Jenkyns, former Tory MP, on Newsnight, said that the reasons that people are rioting are issues with access to housing and waiting lists, GP appointments, dental appointments, 'illegal' migration, and the fact we have 'an open door policy' on immigration. Obviously all issues that have only arisen since Labour became the psrty of Government.

Edited by badgerx16

17 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Worth pointing out that long sentences for everyone involved in this isn't going to resolve the tensions bubbling under the surface. Some attempt needs to be made to resolve some of the issue because it's not going away. 

How long should we give the Government to make a start ?

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Not that there was any doubt, but this says it all.

And Twitter is a cesspit so I expect you fit right in with your views.

I'll leave you to your warm lager with Rory Stewart. You'd get on famously. 

Just now, badgerx16 said:

How long should we give the Government to make a start ?

No idea I just think there needs to be serious attempts and signs that it's actually making a difference. I think you also need to listen to communities and seek to address their frustrations. Even if it's untrue, there is a perception among a significant section of society that the police treat communities differently and that they don't matter. Certainly isn't the fault solely of Labour but there needs to be an attempt to quell things and start some sort of dialogue. That's what I'd like to see anyway rather than more people coming out to riot. 

21 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Worth pointing out that long sentences for everyone involved in this isn't going to resolve the tensions bubbling under the surface. Some attempt needs to be made to resolve some of the issue because it's not going away. 

Well, they want their country back. How do you propose that happens?

They also want all migrants deported. Again, any ideas?

Cultural integration. How does that happen when they hate Muslims?

Sort out policing to their satisfaction. How does that happen when they constantly break the laws of the land and put themselves against the police?

The problem is not that they have a point and we need to listen to them. The problem is that they hate certain types of people, don’t want them here and want a fantasised version of Engerland that never actually existed anyway (and one in which they still would be bottom of the food chain. When the best of you is Tommy Robison you are in trouble. You can’t negotiate with pondlife.