What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

The person who has been prepping this bonfire is your hero “Nige.” Along with the likes of Braverman, Badenoch, Jenrick, Robinson, Hopkins etc. All of them ramping up the anti-migrant rhetoric. 

Funny how you ignore Starmer stating “immigration is too high”, & also saying we needed to send illegal migrants  back from where they came from. That seems to be exactly what the “far right” are saying, so why no comment on that. He criticised the last Government for housing asylum seekers in hotels, then appears baffled why people are angry about it (not that it justifies attack them). 

Starmer clearly made the situation worse, otherwise he wouldn’t have had to make another statement 2 days later. Two tier Kier was t picked out of thin air, it’s what some people think. When he threatens “ you will be put on remand”, people wonder why breaking plods nose resulted in bail. When he talks about thuggish behaviour, no mention of Muslim gangs tooled up. They see a copper telling Muslims to deposit their weapons at the mosque, and they think WTF.

As Rachel Reeve said, if you don’t control immigration riots will happen. The underlying issue won’t go away just because a few lads will be locked up. They’re reaping the whirlwind caused by policies of the previous Government, but unless they get a grip on it, we’ll be back in the same situation soon enough. Brushing it under the carpet as “far right” won’t cut it anymore I’m afraid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Sky discussing  with the “far right” narrative whilst Muslim carries sword openly & another makes trigger gesture. Two tier reporting right there…..

https://x.com/endwokeness/status/1820505902409220584?s=61&t=tf-1MmhVNe6aHN684Fwt8w

Reporting him as 'a migrant' is pushing an agenda. Hopefully the Police can use this video in the same way they have done for those already appearing in Court..

• Like 1

Just now, badgerx16 said:

Reporting him as 'a migrant' is pushing an agenda. Hopefully the Police can use this video in the same way they have done for those already appearing in Court..

🤣

• Confused 1

So sad that this is your best response.

It is a response because we know that it will unlikely happen. I mean, the last few days they were asked to return their 'weapons' to their local mosque, I mean ffs

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

It is a response because we know that it will unlikely happen. I mean, the last few days they were asked to return their 'weapons' to their local mosque, I mean ffs

Can you show me a print news report that confirms this happened ?

5 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Sorry, he said "discard them at the Mosque"

Is that not 'defusing' the situation ? What do you think would happen if the Police politely asked the EDL twats to just put their bricks and molotov cocktails down ?

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ah, well there's a reason why I didn't see that 😉

Yeah, I was aware after I posted that it was just sitting there, contextless.

Having said that, I do look every now and again at the Scottish version, for their pathological hatred of the SNP, Harry &Megan and undying love for their fav TV programme ( that I assume they get paid to plug)

Following up my link to the express 🙂

A former police official (can't find link as on radio) saying those involved should look closely at anti terrorism legislation. Because he considers that some of the recent actions do cross that line into terrorism.

As much as that seemed like an escalation, it's also a reminder of the extremists out there, happily taking advantage/ stoking these actions.

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Sky discussing  with the “far right” narrative whilst Muslim carries sword openly & another makes trigger gesture. Two tier reporting right there…..

https://x.com/endwokeness/status/1820505902409220584?s=61&t=tf-1MmhVNe6aHN684Fwt8w

https://x.com/jackguyanderton/status/1820493867852181518?s=61&t=tf-1MmhVNe6aHN684Fwt8w

At least the journos are seeing a bit of what actually goes on in a lot of inner cities.

There have been plenty of sharp weapons on display but all seem to be on one side so far.

Edited by Mixedkebab

3 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Shut up you weirdo 

• Like 1

Southamptons turn on Wednesday evening apparently. If you aren't white British, probably should avoid the route from guildhall square up bedford place, London road and around there.

What a sad state of affairs.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pingpong said:

Southamptons turn on Wednesday evening apparently. If you aren't white British, probably should avoid the route from guildhall square up bedford place, London road and around there.

From what I have read on here I wouldn’t be surprised if a few of our posters might well join the jolly lads on their jaunty evening out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

2-tier Keir has forensically reviewed this now deleted clip and judged that this nice young man was doing his duty and checking the tyre pressure of the vehicle

https://x.com/archrose90/status/1820542495916490944?s=46

Presumably there is something more substantial than cotton wool between your ears, in which case try using it to think objectively and formulate your own assessment and opinion rather than being driven by your SM streams.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

It was reported. What’s your point?

yes dopey I posted a link to it 🤦🤦🤦

Why are you not condemning the Muslims gangs armed with knives and hammers attacking cars and pubs as robustly as you’re condemning the “far right” 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

From what I have read on here I wouldn’t be surprised if a few of our posters might well join the jolly lads on their jaunty evening out.

I would do but I’m double booked as attending a narcissist rights march at the same time. 

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Why are you not condemning the Muslims gangs armed with knives and hammers attacking cars and pubs as robustly as you’re condemning the “far right” 

Have you seen the clip interviewing the police commander and why he was not sending his officers out to disperse the crowd? The gathering was no different to any other Saturday night, apparently.

i know we are not talking about Maidstone here, but if those clips are of a typical Sat night in Birmingham, then jesus

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Presumably there is something more substantial than cotton wool between your ears, in which case try using it to think objectively and formulate your own assessment and opinion rather than being driven by your SM streams.

You are right. James O’Brien is on in an hour!

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Funny how you ignore Starmer stating “immigration is too high”, & also saying we needed to send illegal migrants  back from where they came from. That seems to be exactly what the “far right” are saying, so why no comment on that. He criticised the last Government for housing asylum seekers in hotels, then appears baffled why people are angry about it (not that it justifies attack them). 

Starmer clearly made the situation worse, otherwise he wouldn’t have had to make another statement 2 days later. Two tier Kier was t picked out of thin air, it’s what some people think. When he threatens “ you will be put on remand”, people wonder why breaking plods nose resulted in bail. When he talks about thuggish behaviour, no mention of Muslim gangs tooled up. They see a copper telling Muslims to deposit their weapons at the mosque, and they think WTF.

As Rachel Reeve said, if you don’t control immigration riots will happen. The underlying issue won’t go away just because a few lads will be locked up. They’re reaping the whirlwind caused by policies of the previous Government, but unless they get a grip on it, we’ll be back in the same situation soon enough. Brushing it under the carpet as “far right” won’t cut it anymore I’m afraid. 

Thanks for the reasoned view.  I can see where you are coming from.  I agree that Labour made a rod for their own back during the campaign by trying to seem to be as tough on immigration as the tories (as well as tax but that's another thread).  I'm guessing they were paranoid of laying themselves open to 'opening the floodgates' headlines. 

Where I challenge you is on the idea that after 4 weeks in power they should somehow have got asylum seekers/illegals/refugess out of the hotels the tories put them in.  The people orchestrating this could have picked any moment in the last couple of years but waited until now.  They hijacked a mass murder of young children and used it to launch politically motivated violent attacks.  I think it's too simplistic to say they're all 'far-right' (some seem to be there just hoping for the chance of a good ruck and others appear to simply want to protest with genuine grievance) but it is being stoked by those who, now that the tories are out, have less political influence over the direction of the country and so are resorting to type.

As I say, it's helpful to understand each other's views.  Shame this thread seems to have reverted again to the personal attacks, battle of the links, and oh so clever loaded questions.

• Like 1

Hopefully we can all agree that anyone being violent is responsible for their own actions. That being the case, why is far right thuggery rightly condemned but the likes of jess Phillips on twitter is blaming that same far right for the violence of other groups by saying they were provoked by misinformation? Haven't all groups done exactly the same thing? Comments like that don't help the perception from the m some that there is a double standard at play. All violence needs to be condemned equally from all quarters and all need to be subject to the same standards. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

Thanks for the reasoned view.  I can see where you are coming from.  I agree that Labour made a rod for their own back during the campaign by trying to seem to be as tough on immigration as the tories (as well as tax but that's another thread).  I'm guessing they were paranoid of laying themselves open to 'opening the floodgates' headlines. 

Where I challenge you is on the idea that after 4 weeks in power they should somehow have got asylum seekers/illegals/refugess out of the hotels the tories put them in.  The people orchestrating this could have picked any moment in the last couple of years but waited until now.  They hijacked a mass murder of young children and used it to launch politically motivated violent attacks.  I think it's too simplistic to say they're all 'far-right' (some seem to be there just hoping for the chance of a good ruck and others appear to simply want to protest with genuine grievance) but it is being stoked by those who, now that the tories are out, have less political influence over the direction of the country and so are resorting to type.

As I say, it's helpful to understand each other's views.  Shame this thread seems to have reverted again to the personal attacks, battle of the links, and oh so clever loaded questions.

Good post. Not sure I agree that any member of the far right really had any sort of. Influence over the last government given that nothing changed in the way they would like. Maybe the language was tougher. 

Jess Phillips’s comments were unhelpful and she should know better but Lee Anderson shows zero self awareness for condemning her comments after spending months himself stoking the hate against migrants.

Sadly the rioters are now getting what they want, a reaction from the very people they are attacking in order to justify their original actions.

Anyone taking to the streets with intent to break the law should be dealt with accordingly and the communities under attack need to show composure and restraint. 

Let’s not pretend though that the situation is equatable. We have had several days of rioting from far right thugs before a reaction from those targeted. The last thing we need is a reciprocal approach from those targeted in other areas or Musk might be on the money.

50 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So why say that it wasn’t being talked about?

Why are you getting yourself so worked up about the condemnation of the action of far right thugs? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

According to this thoroughly researched chart I would doubt it...

May be an image of text

3 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

May be an image of text

Why would you doubt it? It doesn’t say that racism doesn’t exist at all in the bottom rank clubs.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

So why say that it wasn’t being talked about?

Why are you getting yourself so worked up about the condemnation of the action of far right thugs? 

how do you know what I’m getting worked up about, you have me on ignore don’t you?

Why aren’t you condemning the actions of Muslims thugs with the same vigour?

Edited by Turkish

7 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

May be an image of text

Given we only have one poster on here who isn’t racist then I’m staggered by this. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Have you seen the clip interviewing the police commander and why he was not sending his officers out to disperse the crowd? The gathering was no different to any other Saturday night, apparently.

i know we are not talking about Maidstone here, but if those clips are of a typical Sat night in Birmingham, then jesus

You seem to believe that there is a two tier policing system and that it favours  black and brown people over white people.

What is your view over  black and brown people who believe that they are discriminated against by the police because of their skin colour? Do you think they are wrong?

The Met have been found to be “institutionally racist.” How does that fit in with your two tier policing theory?

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text

10 hours ago, pingpong said:

Not very good at posting links but here goes.

https://www.in-common.co.uk/2024/08/05/southampton-condemns-racist-violence/?fbclid=IwY2xjawEew8xleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHRa2FkOoTLj7LjyurAQCTVlQkoTTZjzY4ojKLn4zmHnn-a7h1wpRSkfJww_aem_GxCchnGR8dxgolXB5Jk1Hg

I'm only in Shirley so might wander out to get a personal opinion on the antifascist demo.  Not sure where the other side are meant to be focusing their attention.  There's lots of potential targets in town - but I don't fancy doing any research to find out as it will play havoc with my algorithm! Anyone on here prepared to share any intel they have?

5 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

Not very good at posting links but here goes.

https://www.in-common.co.uk/2024/08/05/southampton-condemns-racist-violence/?fbclid=IwY2xjawEew8xleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHRa2FkOoTLj7LjyurAQCTVlQkoTTZjzY4ojKLn4zmHnn-a7h1wpRSkfJww_aem_GxCchnGR8dxgolXB5Jk1Hg

I'm only in Shirley so might wander out to get a personal opinion on the antifascist demo.  Not sure where the other side are meant to be focusing their attention.  There's lots of potential targets in town - but I don't fancy doing any research to find out as it will play havoc with my algorithm! Anyone on here prepared to share any intel they have?

Should make getting to the Lazio game 'interesting'!