What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

14 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Eh? What irrational bullshit? I just said that all these extra security measures due to increased risk of terrorism is not pleasant which is what the post I put up says. 

They are as much about preventing ram raids on shops and banks as they are about preventing terrorism. And using vehicles as weapons of terror is not exclusive to Islamists either.

The post you shared was bemoaning the rising immigration since 2008 and cited the installation of anti ram barriers as one of the negative side effects of that, but it's a complete non-sequitur, because they would still exist even if immigration had stopped in 2008.

Therefore, it's irrational bullshit. The kind of drivel that is only spouted by idiots who want to believe it's true because it fits with their existing prejudices.

• Like 8

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

They are as much about preventing ram raids on shops and banks as they are about preventing terrorism. And using vehicles as weapons of terror is not exclusive to Islamists either.

The post you shared was bemoaning the rising immigration since 2008 and cited the installation of anti ram barriers as one of the negative side effects of that, but it's a complete non-sequitur, because they would still exist even if immigration had stopped in 2008.

Therefore, it's irrational bullshit. The kind of drivel that is only spouted by idiots who want to believe it's true because it fits with their existing prejudices.

Amen to all of that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Not many banks on Westminster Bridge....

To be fair, there was already protection for infrastructure in/around Westminster/City of London in place before the overt 'crash barriers' arrived.

Edited by AlexLaw76

12 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

I have noticed that that it seems to be the same people making excuses for the disillusioned white that are also making excuses for the Israeli bombardment of Gaza. Unfortunately the only link I can see is that the main victims seem to be Muslim. 

Hey SOG you have a mate

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, whelk said:

Hey SOG you have a mate

Do you have any?

I think you will find that a great many people find the murder of tens of thousands of innocent people abhorrent and the hatred directed to people just because they are Muslims equally abhorrent. In which case I have many “friends.”

Thanks also for singling me out when there are other posters here who are against blatant Islamophobia. 

31 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

I have noticed that that it seems to be the same people making excuses for the disillusioned white that are also making excuses for the Israeli bombardment of Gaza. Unfortunately the only link I can see is that the main victims seem to be Muslim. 

Did you really notice that? Would be interesting to see examples of both things you've noticed. 

Just now, sadoldgit said:

Do you have any?

I think you will find that a great many people find the murder of tens of thousands of innocent people abhorrent and the hatred directed to people just because they are Muslims equally abhorrent. In which case I have many “friends.”

Thanks also for singling me out when there are other posters here who are against blatant Islamophobia. 

Yeah loads - remember we are one big gang (usual suspects) formed solely to pick on you and your banal posts.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Thanks also for singling me out when there are other posters here who are against blatant Islamophobia

None of them are as irritating as you. Sheaf, Rally, Egg and many others have different views on Israel but they don’t sling back ‘it’s cos you hate Muslims’ line. Hence I have more respect for them than sanctimonious twats like you

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Did you really notice that? Would be interesting to see examples of both things you've noticed. 

I mean, there are tons from you - but this one trying to pass off Israeli atrocities as horrible accidents. You can't actually believe that? 

On 16/05/2024 at 13:16, hypochondriac said:

Indeed. What this underlines is that tragedies occur in the fog of war and where people always shout that there's intent behind a death or a tragic occurrence, often it's simply a horrible accident. 

12 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I don't agree with all of this post from social media but I do agree with some of it. A perspective worth listening to at any rate:

"Imagine you're a working class white dude who's lived in this country your whole life..  watched it decline constantly since 2008.. in a way that almost maps perfectly to the amount of mass migration the government has chosen to inflict.. seeing videos online and things with your own eyes that the media refuse to even report.. seeing anti-ram blocks on the roads and guards in every shop and even McDonalds.. Imagine seeing the town where you grew up become unrecognisable.

You vote against it..  6 times.. and are ignored.. 6 times.

You hear about machete wars, multiple stabbings through social media and not the news - you know that any crime that supports left-wing narratives will be front-page news.

And then imagine they tell you that diversity is a strength, that it built Birtain.. and this is all good for you - that you just have to take it because your country plundered the world, and is racist - in the same tone and using the same massive aparatus they used during covid to tell you "just 2 weeks to flattern the curve / clap for the NHS / eat out to help out"

Lineker reminds you that fish and chips came from an immigrant and every cringey celebrity and MSM talking head blends into one giant 'Britains got bakeoff talent' middle class festival of mastabatory platitudinal cringe.

All spewed by people who live in white bubbles and pat each other on the back for having the correct options..

Imagine all that - then 3 innocent white children are stabbed.. the media reacts by releasing pics of the 17yr old suspect but as a child.. tells you nothing of his motive.. in the same week that multiple stabbings and knife wars took place that you had to find out about through social media.

This isn't quite me..  but it's a LOT of people."

Edited by Farmer Saint

Sums it up very succinctly I think.

”Politicians are acting as if an election when they fought to be the most anti-migrant has no connection to subsequent race riots.”

Frankie Boyle

4 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

I mean, there are tons from you - but this one trying to pass off Israeli atrocities as horrible accidents. You can't actually believe that? 

So horrible accidents don't occur during wars? You think they don't? 

6 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Worth highlighting the comment I was responding to. Remarkable that you don't think awful mistakes happen during a war. 

Screenshot_20240805_105405_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

They do - not on the scale that the most advanced military in the world (TM) are purporting. 

How does my post you quoted in any way contradict what you just said? 

Edited by hypochondriac

16 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

How does my post you quoted in any way contradict what you just said? 

True - that's fine if you are condemning the Israeli army for their bombardment of innocent people in Gaza, as only very few will be accidental killings. 

• Like 2

Just now, Farmer Saint said:

True - that's fine if you are condemning the Israeli army for their bombardment of innocent people in Gaza, as only very few will be accidental killings. 

I'll condemn any army that goes out of its way to murder innocent civilians for no reason. Anyone found to have done so should face the consequences. Seeing as you like trawling through old posts of mine on the Israel thread, you could go and find the post where I said that exact thing if you like. Looks like the situation isn't quite as black and white as you'd like it to be. 

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I'll condemn any army that goes out of its way to murder innocent civilians for no reason. Anyone found to have done so should face the consequences. Seeing as you like trawling through old posts of mine on the Israel thread, you could go and find the post where I said that exact thing if you like. Looks like the situation isn't quite as black and white as you'd like it to be. 

That's fine - I looked back about 10 - 15 pages and just looked for one of the usual suspects. 

Glad that you are condemning the continuous bombing of Gaza and Gazan people though - as what you describe above has clearly been happening. 

Edited by Farmer Saint

11 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

What you don’t seem to understand, and your posts support this, is that innocent civilians are being killed by the IDF daily in both Gaza and the West Bank. You certainly show no sign of being concerned about tens of thousands “under the rubble” as you put it. You give the impression that these people are not innocent as they are Muslim. In fact, I have lost count of the laughing emojis you have used on the thread about the destruction of Gaza.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

That's fine - I looked back about 10 - 15 pages and just looked for one of the usual suspects. 

Glad that you are condemning the continuous bombing of Gaza and Gazan people though - as what you describe above has clearly been happening. 

Blimey that's a lot of work to find a post that didn't say what you thought it did. Glad we could clear that up though. 

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

So horrible accidents don't occur during wars? You think they don't? 

When Israel blows up a hospital because they think someone from Hamas might be there, the deaths of innocent people are not an accident.

4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

When Israel blows up a hospital because they think someone from Hamas might be there, the deaths of innocent people are not an accident.

Nothing in the quoted post had anything to do with any of that. 

2 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-63425078

I guess the banks and shops in York only get ram raided at Christmas time. 

• Like 1

On 04/08/2024 at 11:30, Lord Duckhunter said:

After calming everything down with his statement I believe he’s now off on holiday 😂😂

Can you imagine what this lot would have said about Boris fucking off after the past couple of days….

Where is Starmer today? Oh, he’s chairing a COBRA meeting.

Remind us again, just how many COBRA meetings did Johnson swerve when Covid hit?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Blimey that's a lot of work to find a post that didn't say what you thought it did. Glad we could clear that up though. 

No, I looked back 10 to 15 pages not I trawled through 10 to 15 pages. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

Immigration levels are only a concern because successive electorate don't understand immigration

Does that include Sir Kier Starner who said immigration is too high, & Rachael Reeves who said unless it was dealt with there would be riots. 

3 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

No, I'm saying that there has never been a vote to lower immigration. Read my post.

Immigration levels are only a concern because successive electorate don't understand immigration. The point of Brexit was to get rid of brown people, even though it was only going to raise the number of brown people. Brexiteers are now reaping what they sowed. Ignorance and stupidity is not and never will be an excuse for violence. 

Absolute nonsense, the point of Brexit was to end freedom of movement, which mostly involved white eastern Europeans.

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Does that include Sir Kier Starner who said immigration is too high, & Rachael Reeves who said unless it was dealt with there would be riots. 

Probably, yes.

The issue with immigration is purely who we're bringing in, rather than the actual number - and for many people the colour of said immigrants. 

5 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Absolute nonsense, the point of Brexit was to end freedom of movement, which mostly involved white eastern Europeans.

No, you misunderstood my point. Most of the voters thought it would spell the end of brown people, but of course that was wrong and it actually increased them. Of course any educated person would know that, but that's not who we're dealing with now, or in 2015.

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Where is Starmer today? Oh, he’s chairing a COBRA meeting.

Fucking hell, it’s the least he could do seeing as his statements have worsened the situation. 

We’re now meant to thank the bloke who poured petrol on the flames ,because he cancelled his holiday? 

Whilst nobody should condone mindless violence, Starmer actually said a month ago  that immigration is too high, migrants should be sent back from where they came from, & we’ve lost control of it. Words I think Tommy Robinson would agree with 100%. He then seems surprised that some lads who also agree with that have over stepped the line.

Perhaps Starmer should have spoken of the benefits of more immigration, rather than play party politics with something that some in society will riot over. When both major parties say they’ll cut immigration it builds the narrative, that the other is wasting money on hotels for migrants, what do they think will happen eventually? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

No, you misunderstood my point. Most of the voters thought it would spell the end of brown people, but of course that was wrong and it actually increased them. Of course any educated person would know that, but that's not who we're dealing with now, or in 2015.

You asked them all did you? Myself and everyone I know who voted for Brexit knew exactly why they were voting, and it had nothing to do with 'the end of brown people'. No doubt there were some thick idiots who thought that but to say it was the majority is just the usual lazy stereotyping bollox.

42 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

I thought the point was to “get our country back?” In which case the knuckle draggers who are trashing our towns daily clearly haven’t got the message.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

His name is Keir Starmer.

54 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Fucking hell, it’s the least he could do seeing as his statements have worsened the situation.  

That's just nonsense, the PM has no choice but to come down hard on cunts like these. The Tory on the TV this morning said exactly the same thing.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, aintforever said:

That's just nonsense, the PM has no choice but to come down hard on cunts like these. The Tory on the TV this morning said exactly the same thing.  

He’s a little snowflake when it comes to Starmer. Amusing watch

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

We’re now meant to thank the bloke who poured petrol on the flames ,because he cancelled his holiday? 

Whilst nobody should condone mindless violence, Starmer actually said a month ago  that immigration is too high, migrants should be sent back from where they came from, & we’ve lost control of it. Words I think Tommy Robinson would agree with 100%. He then seems surprised that some lads who also agree with that have over stepped the line.

Perhaps Starmer should have spoken of the benefits of more immigration, rather than play party politics with something that some in society will riot over. When both major parties say they’ll cut immigration it builds the narrative, that the other is wasting money on hotels for migrants, what do they think will happen eventually? 

What do you expect the PM to say to rioters, "crack on folks, we're fucked off too"?

Jesus fucking wept. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

You asked them all did you? Myself and everyone I know who voted for Brexit knew exactly why they were voting, and it had nothing to do with 'the end of brown people'. No doubt there were some thick idiots who thought that but to say it was the majority is just the usual lazy stereotyping bollox.

You are your friends are part of the very small minority then - congrats. That puts you in the stupider territory of thinking Brexit could ever be a good thing for the country, taking back control, sovereignty blah blah. Thanks for that pal, we're all benefitting now 😒

At least the racist thugs had an end game - don't know what the fuck morons like you thought was going to happen in a country where we don't make anything, don't have much in the way of natural resources and a service industry that has become increasingly globalised. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The person who has been prepping this bonfire is your hero “Nige.” Along with the likes of Braverman, Badenoch, Jenrick, Robinson, Hopkins etc. All of them ramping up the anti-migrant rhetoric. The far right thugs who are torching our country have just been waiting for an excuse, having been wound up for months. When you lay the blame on Starmer you make yourself look just as moronic as the far right thugs who are dancing to Farage’s tune, but absolutely no surprise there.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

You are your friends are part of the very small minority then - congrats. That puts you in the stupider territory of thinking Brexit could ever be a good thing for the country, taking back control, sovereignty blah blah. Thanks for that pal, we're all benefitting now 😒

At least the racist thugs had an end game - don't know what the fuck morons like you thought was going to happen in a country where we don't make anything, don't have much in the way of natural resources and a service industry that has become increasingly globalised. 

Yes because having an open door policy to a whole continent to come in as they please is clearly the answer, and fuck all the consequences.

Anyway thanks for the personal insults, you're obviously much cleverer than me. 👍

17 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Countries are starting to issue travel warnings for visitors to the UK.

We should have one anyway. 

20 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Yes because having an open door policy to a whole continent to come in as they please is clearly the answer, and fuck all the consequences.

Anyway thanks for the personal insults, you're obviously much cleverer than me. 👍

Bet you fucking wish you had that open door policy now, don't you? Seemed to work quite well versus the alternative, didn't it? 

Immigration is really important, especially when 52% of the population are knuckle-dragging morons. 

"I don't need some fucking Turk to cut me 'air and give me a 'ot towel. I can get Sandra indoors to shave me 'ead, and then she washes me over the sink. Sometimes she even uses the stubble razor and gives me a St George's Cross." 

Edited by Farmer Saint

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

He then seems surprised that some lads who also agree with that have over stepped the line.

Some lads over stepped the line did they?  Massive understatement.

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Poured petrol on the fire eh?  Massive overstatement.. 

It's not difficult to work out where your sympathies lie.  Rather than trying to defend the indefensible you'd have more credibility if you come out and said what you really think.

23 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Your twitter algorithm seems to be working well. It's got you completely sussed out.  As with LD why not own up to what you are really thinking rather than just hiding behind personal attacks on your fellow forum members, loaded questions and entirely predictable links.

Edited by The Left Back
  • Like 4