What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

the most uplifting afternoon on this forum in many a year. Thank you Trousers for bringing some positivity to this place instead of those who relish in sharing bad news. 402BA230-8F04-4C67-A4A9-CF7AB2E0FDA1.thumb.jpeg.cecde6939648d5bd9635767f535adb54.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trousers said:

Man who ate toast for five years inspires high-tech spoon enhancing flavours for people with dementia...

https://news.sky.com/story/man-who-ate-toast-for-five-years-inspires-high-tech-spoon-enhancing-flavours-for-dementia-sufferers-13185110

Innovative, and improving the quality of life for many.

Nice to read about the state of our nation, that's not hand wringing moaning.

When people ask me where I get my news, I shall now say "in trousers!".... actually, maybe not...

49 minutes ago, whelk said:

I’d give SOG a pass on this one. Thread isn’t for twee feelgood stories, more for angry and outraged

A thread he started. You can imagine his excitement when a bad news story breaks 

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

Pidcock 😍

Thankfully someone has stepped in and addressed the misery brought by Captain Curmudgeon and his incessant negativity.

If you want unicorns and rainbows you are on the wrong thread (and probably on the wrong forum).

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

A thread he started. You can imagine his excitement when a bad news story breaks 

I just looked back at opening post. All started from LBC…..

On 27/07/2024 at 16:05, sadoldgit said:

More fun and games in London today. Not just the far right crowd but Stand Up To Racism and Trans Pride too. Sounds like a recipe for a disaster.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1928691/tommy-robinson-protest-live-police-corbyn/amp

16 minutes ago, whelk said:

I just looked back at opening post. All started from LBC…..

this was on LBC. Funny how he didn’t mention it despite predicting it was a recipe for disaster. But then that doesn’t suit the far right thug mantra he spouts daily 

11 minutes ago, Turkish said:

This thing is Southport is sickening. What sort of cunt goes into a nursery holiday camp and stabbed little kids. 

How does a 17 year old become such a cunt ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

this was on LBC. Funny how he didn’t mention it despite predicting it was a recipe for disaster. But then that doesn’t suit the far right thug mantra he spouts daily 

Former EDL leader and professional gammon-herder Tommy Robinson has been told that if he doesn’t like the laws of this country then he should go and live somewhere else, after an arrest warrant was issued for him following his failure to appear before the High Court this morning.

The arrest warrant was issued after Tommy Ten Names broadcast a ‘documentary’ containing lies that he had been told not to repeat by a judge in the defamation trial he lost in 2021.

The 41-year-old grifter had been due in court on Monday morning for allegedly breaching an order not to repeat those lies, and now faces arrest. Again.

The arrest warrant has prompted many to question his supporters and ask if they still hold the firm belief that any person who doesn’t like the laws of this country should ‘leave’.

Police spokesperson and rational human Simon Williams told reporters, “Obviously the fact that Tommy Robinson has found himself on the wrong side of the law will not have come as much of a surprise to most people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The two girls who died yesterday were just 6 and 7 years old for goodness sakes. It is beyond comprehension.

The latest victim was 9 years old.

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Sad 1

All kicking off in Southport thousands on the street with clashes with police. Some people trying to politicise it as a far right protest. 3 little girls have been killed on their doorstep and people are angry FFS. Supposedly a man with a knife wearing a balaclava was arrested near the vigil

This country is going to explode over the next few weeks if we’re not careful 

Edited by Turkish

29 minutes ago, Turkish said:

All kicking off in Southport thousands on the street with clashes with police. Some people trying to politicise it as a far right protest. 3 little girls have been killed on their doorstep and people are angry FFS. This country is going to explode over the next few weeks if we’re not careful 

According to the BBC; Apparently there is a viral SM hoax that the lad arrested for the attacks is a muslim illegal immigrant - the Police have said this is false, he has been identified as Rwandan born and he moved here at the age of 6 with his family. However, the SM post has predictably led to an attack on a local mosque,

EDIT; Police now saying it is the EDL that are leading the riot.

EDIT; correction - the arrested suspect is actually British born to Rwandan parents. ( Must check facts better ). Either way, not an II.

Edited by badgerx16

7 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

According to the BBC; Apparently there is a viral SM hoax that the lad arrested for the attacks is a muslim illegal immigrant - the Police have said this is false, he has been identified as Rwandan born and he moved here at the age of 6 with his family. However, the SM post has predictably led to an attack on a local mosque,

EDIT; Police now saying it is the EDL that are leading the riot.

Course they’re saying that. Do the EDL even exist anymore? 

this is apparently the guy who was arrested with a knife near the vigil 

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Course they’re saying that. Do the EDL even exist anymore? 

this is apparently the guy who was arrested with a knife near the vigil 

He doesn't look the sort to be attacking a mosque though.

As for the EDL, they do still exist, or at least they did in June.....

https://crisis24.garda.com/alerts/2024/05/uk-right-wing-groups-and-counterprotesters-plan-demonstrations-in-central-london-june-1

"The English Defence League (EDL) will lead other right-wing groups and activists on a march from Victoria to Parliament Square, starting at 12:00. "

Edited by badgerx16

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

All kicking off in Southport thousands on the street with clashes with police. Some people trying to politicise it as a far right protest. 3 little girls have been killed on their doorstep and people are angry FFS. Supposedly a man with a knife wearing a balaclava was arrested near the vigil

They are fucking pricks. Last thing the parents want. Stupid cunts implying they care more than others

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Yep. Absolute scum making this tragedy about them, and something it isn't. What happend to those kids was sickening and these idiots should have the respect and decency to allow people to mourn what happened in peace. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, egg said:

Yep. Absolute scum making this tragedy about them, and something it isn't. What happend to those kids was sickening and these idiots should have the respect and decency to allow people to mourn what happened in peace. 

Respect and decency - 2 words the EDL don't understand.

• Like 4

Just now, badgerx16 said:

Respect and decency - 2 words the EDL don't understand.

True, but whether EDL or others, people in communities always seem to get up to this kind of nonsense when something bad happens. If the killer was Muslim, what do these idiots think it has to do with other Muslims, and what do they think kicking off like that and attacking the police is going to achieve. Rhetorical questions of course, but watching the news yesterday and tonight was properly upsetting, and seeing those mindless clowns piling the hurt onto an already broken community is very sad. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Although it says Stockport ...it is Southport.

Daft prick got a brick in the bollox for his troubles. That'll learn him. 

4 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

As if the affected families and community aren’t suffering enough already. More moronic behaviour from thugs who don’t need much of an excuse to kick off.

Looks like a largely peaceful protest to me, just like in Leeds the other day. 

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I shan’t comment until I’ve seen a full news report. 

10 hours ago, egg said:

True, but whether EDL or others, people in communities always seem to get up to this kind of nonsense when something bad happens. If the killer was Muslim, what do these idiots think it has to do with other Muslims, and what do they think kicking off like that and attacking the police is going to achieve. Rhetorical questions of course, but watching the news yesterday and tonight was properly upsetting, and seeing those mindless clowns piling the hurt onto an already broken community is very sad. 

It's a fair comment but it's always going to happen. You still have some black people blaming all white people for things that happened 200 years ago! The muslims were quick to protest against all police after events last week. It always happens. There is apparently going to be a protest march tonight at Downing Street, which will be met by counter protests from the AntiFa and probably protests from the muslim community too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

As if the affected families and community aren’t suffering enough already. More moronic behaviour from thugs who don’t need much of an excuse to kick off.

Like the thugs who kicked off in Leeds over child services taking kids away. I assume you condemn their actions also, no?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I assume this is a joke comment.

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

It's a fair comment but it's always going to happen. You still have some black people blaming all white people for things that happened 200 years ago! The muslims were quick to protest against all police after events last week. It always happens. There is apparently going to be a protest march tonight at Downing Street, which will be met by counter protests from the AntiFa and probably protests from the muslim community too.

I'm struggling to see the relevance.  This wasn't a protest was it?  First it was a vigil, then appears to be a full-blown riot.

2 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

Like the thugs who kicked off in Leeds over child services taking kids away. I assume you condemn their actions also, no?

Why the need for the comparison - it's not a competition!  

I'm surprised there's be no challenge on here over the last couple of hours to the apologists and the excusers.  Unless I'm missing something it's pretty clear what went on in Southport last night and no amount of deflection will change that.

• Like 1

Just complete scum.

50 officers injured now - these are the people who had to respond to Monday's horrific attack, catch the murderer, face the most awful scenes imaginable and try to save lives. Then have to clean up the mess and tell grieving parents their kids are dead. And then the EDL and their types attack them because they thought the killer was a different religion/race to themselves.

• Like 1