What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

27 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

It is pretty clear to me he is sog 2nd log on made up just to attack and defend himself to make it look like at least someone agrees with him. Nutty behavior to say the least.

Nic, you are really in no position to accuse anyone else of nutty behaviour.

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I suspect in the heat of the moment having just seen two of his female colleagues battered moving the spotlight was the last thing on his mind. I think we all agree he shouldn’t have done it, but then most people have probably never been in that situation. He’ll no doubt lose his job for it but I seriously don’t see how anyone could argue a grown man beating the shit out of two female officers doesn’t deserve a bit of instant physical revenge. They certainly would have got it from the police if they’d behaved like that in some other countries. 

Completely get that, and I certainly haven't been in that situation.  And agree that our police force seems on the whole far more restrained than many.  If the villain had been conscious a little longer and got a good baton whipping I suspect no-one would have complained and also he would have experienced more pain.  It's the fact he's been tasered and lying motionless that makes the optics not so defensible.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I suspect in the heat of the moment having just seen two of his female colleagues battered moving the spotlight was the last thing on his mind. I think we all agree he shouldn’t have done it, but then most people have probably never been in that situation. He’ll no doubt lose his job for it but I seriously don’t see how anyone could argue a grown man beating the shit out of two female officers doesn’t deserve a bit of instant physical revenge. They certainly would have got it from the police if they’d behaved like that in some other countries. 

Just heard on the radio that the copper who lashed out had just been punched in the head around 9 times, literally seconds before.

28 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Just heard on the radio that the copper who lashed out had just been punched in the head around 9 times, literally seconds before.

Yep you can see in the video, he gets attacked from Behind by the “victim”  in the darker shirt and pinned against the wall taking quite a few punches manages to get out then gets attacked from behind again by the “victim” in the lighter shirt who had just battered the two females. And you’ve got people behind their computer screens preaching they get trained on this. They’re humans not robots. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Left Back said:

Completely get that, and I certainly haven't been in that situation.  And agree that our police force seems on the whole far more restrained than many.  If the villain had been conscious a little longer and got a good baton whipping I suspect no-one would have complained and also he would have experienced more pain.  It's the fact he's been tasered and lying motionless that makes the optics not so defensible.

It’s the last sentence that is the clincher for me having seen the latest video. And fair play to whoever released that video.

As a member of the public, I can totally understand why the copper did what he did. But as a former enforcement officer long ago (not police but related), your training tells you 1) get anyone out of the situation who doesn’t need to be there or may get hurt and 2)restrain and incapacitate the violent or very aggressive parties. I wasn’t a robot, not were my colleagues, and it is very difficult faced with that level of violence especially against female colleagues. But the lad in light blue is already restrained.

As for the lads involved and their lawyer, the latter needs to be told bluntly that any attempt to leverage compensation is falling on deaf ears and will receive radio silence. Rather than purely bang them up at our expense in overflowing prisons, although I agree that assaulting a copper has to involve some of that as well, I’d do within the sentencing guidelines what they least want. If that happened at a football ground, you’d be looking at a very lengthy ban. I don’t see why passports shouldn’t be taken away and a multi-year travel ban imposed, plus large four figure fines, more if guidelines allow to make the next few years very austere post-sentence so they consider their actions and are contributing towards the costs from their behaviour. When they can’t visit relatives overseas, it’ll hurt. 
If the airport owners back that up around the country with a long ban from their premises, that would send a clear deterrent. 

Edited by Gloucester Saint

15 hours ago, Turkish said:

Believe me, I’ve seen the police do far worse than that. First hand too not on social media videos. The cunt got what he deserved. Big enough man to knock women half his size about he’s big enough to deal with the consequences. Want to be a bully don’t cry when Karma comes for you. You could easily argue given they had tasers and firearms and their colleagues on the floor badly injured them they had to neutralise the threat by whatever means necessary.

They did neutralise the threat. He got tased and was lying unconscious face down on the floor. 

At this point, he was no threat to anyone and the decision on what to do next should have been a very easy one for that copper - put some handcuffs on him and that's that. 

Stamping on the guy's head could have killed him. Would you still be saying he "got what he deserved" if he had died?

11 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

They did neutralise the threat. He got tased and was lying unconscious face down on the floor. 

At this point, he was no threat to anyone and the decision on what to do next should have been a very easy one for that copper - put some handcuffs on him and that's that. 

Stamping on the guy's head could have killed him. Would you still be saying he "got what he deserved" if he had died?

That’s not clear cut, he wasn’t unconscious from the taser as if you see the video he attempts to get up

Your other point is Classic whataboutery

he didn’t die. If we’re going to go down that road then everytime someone speeds they should be locked up, they didn’t knock anyone over but they could have.

every time someone throws a punch it should be attempted manslaughter, they didn’t fall and hit their head on the pavement and die but they could have. 

What about if he’d punched the female copper so hard it killed her? 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Turkish said:

That’s not clear cut, he wasn’t unconscious from the taser as if you see the video he attempts to get up

Your other point is Classic whataboutery

he didn’t die. If we’re going to go down that road then everytime someone speeds they should be locked up, they didn’t knock anyone over but they could have.

every time someone throws a punch it should be attempted manslaughter, they didn’t fall and hit their head on the pavement and die but they could have. 

What about if he’d punched the female copper so hard it killed her? 

Watching the way he fell, he was in no state to threaten anyone. He was face down on the floor, conscious or not. 

And it's not whataboutery at all. If the copper had used reasonable force, and by some freak set of circumstances the guy died, then sure. But stamping on someone's head is not, and never will be considered reasonable force. You only do that if you are in a state of rage and intent on seriously injuring the recipient.

Whatever the full circumstances that led to this incident were (which I'm sure we'll find out in due course), the kick and stamp from the copper was entirely unnecessary. I get that he had just been attacked, but he was clearly out of control and not acting rationally. I don't see how he can keep his job when he's proven that he can't be trusted to keep his cool under pressure. 

So I can't accept that the guy "got what he deserved". Once he's  been tried and convicted of assaulting an officer / ABH or whatever, and sentenced accordingly, then he will have. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Watching the way he fell, he was in no state to threaten anyone. He was face down on the floor, conscious or not. 

And it's not whataboutery at all. If the copper had used reasonable force, and by some freak set of circumstances the guy died, then sure. But stamping on someone's head is not, and never will be considered reasonable force. You only do that if you are in a state of rage and intent on seriously injuring the recipient.

Whatever the full circumstances that led to this incident were (which I'm sure we'll find out in due course), the kick and stamp from the copper was entirely unnecessary. I get that he had just been attacked, but he was clearly out of control and not acting rationally. I don't see how he can keep his job when he's proven that he can't be trusted to keep his cool under pressure. 

So I can't accept that the guy "got what he deserved". Once he's  been tried and convicted of assaulting an officer / ABH or whatever, and sentenced accordingly, then he will have. 

I don’t think anyone has ever said it was nessasary so not sure what you’re arguing about here. 

Plenty of people behind their computer screens judging though saying they’ve been trained for this and we should expect better when the most dangerous situation they’ve ever been in is changing the type writer ribbon in their admin job. 

having been attacked twice from behind, pinned against the wall punched numerous times whilst he’s two colleagues had the shit kicked out of them it’s no wonder the red mist descended, they’re humans who make mistakes not robots that you can program in a response. 

I maintain he got what he deserved big enough to smash women around big enough to deal with consequences. Sorry if that isn’t the politically correct answer. Playing the yeah but game doesn’t change that. He’ll no doubt lose his job over it though. 

I still don’t understand why the most recent videos came out later and we got have had some context and all those quick to judge could wind their necks back 

Edited by Turkish

According to Peter Bleksley there’s more evidence to come out that’s even more damning for the “victims”. Don’t know what, I imagine it’s something to do with the reason the cops were attending in the first place. 

Those “victims” deserve a long stretch inside and the cop needs a conversation without coffee. If this was a one off (nobody has seen his record yet), then he should be allowed to continue his career. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

According to Peter Bleksley there’s more evidence to come out that’s even more damning for the “victims”. Don’t know what, I imagine it’s something to do with the reason the cops were attending in the first place. 

Those “victims” deserve a long stretch inside and the cop needs a conversation without coffee. If this was a one off (nobody has seen his record yet), then he should be allowed to continue his career. 

Just an observation from one of the videos I saw they seemed very keen to make sure no one got near their cases. 

Take away the uniforms, if that was an attack by one group on another in the airport and one of the attackers was knocked to the floor and was then kicked and stamped by a guy from the other group. The guys who carried out the attack and the stamper would all get arrested, without the stamp he wouldn't get arrested. That's the test for me.

5 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Take away the uniforms, if that was an attack by one group on another in the airport and one of the attackers was knocked to the floor and was then kicked and stamped by a guy from the other group. The guys who carried out the attack and the stamper would all get arrested, without the stamp he wouldn't get arrested. That's the test for me.

That’s the legal test.

What do you think public sympathy would be like for the one on the floor who got a kicking after initiating the violence?

I agree it shouldn’t have happened but I’m not overly concerned that it did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

I don’t think anyone has ever said it was nessasary so not sure what you’re arguing about here. 

Plenty of people behind their computer screens judging though saying they’ve been trained for this and we should expect better when the most dangerous situation they’ve ever been in is changing the type writer ribbon in their admin job. 

having been attacked twice from behind, pinned against the wall punched numerous times whilst he’s two colleagues had the shit kicked out of them it’s no wonder the red mist descended, they’re humans who make mistakes not robots that you can program in a response. 

I maintain he got what he deserved big enough to smash women around big enough to deal with consequences. Sorry if that isn’t the politically correct answer. Playing the yeah but game doesn’t change that. He’ll no doubt lose his job over it though. 

I still don’t understand why the most recent videos came out later and we got have had some context and all those quick to judge could wind their necks back 

If he died would he have got what he deserved. Its not whataboutery, as you said the red mist came down so the copper wasn't in control when he stamped on his head. 

The second video doesn't change much for me, we knew they attack the police, we now see it was a vicious attack but there is still no need to stamp on him. I said earlier we see one cop act really professionally and one cop not.

• Like 1

In other news Tommy Robinson has been arrested under counter terrorism laws which appears to be because he showed a video he made that was banned where he investigated the incident a few years back where the Syrian boy was supposedly beaten up by a bully

im sure this will be cause for celebration for some of you 

6 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

If he died would he have got what he deserved. Its not whataboutery, as you said the red mist came down so the copper wasn't in control when he stamped on his head. 

The second video doesn't change much for me, we knew they attack the police, we now see it was a vicious attack but there is still no need to stamp on him. I said earlier we see one cop act really professionally and one cop not.

But he didn’t die.

Edited by AlexLaw76

8 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

he didn’t so it’s irrelevant. 

What about if one of the coppers had died? The what if game is easy. 

Edited by Turkish

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

If you fire a gun at someone at point blank range, is that ok so long as they don’t die?

But he never fired a gun.

the lad got a kick to the head, seconds after landing 9 punches to the head of an armed copper, and battering another and breaking her nose in 3 places. He is lucky he was not shot dead!

Edited by AlexLaw76

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

If you fire a gun at someone at point blank range, is that ok so long as they don’t die?

Should we be surprised you’re defending people who have beaten up women?

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

But he never fired a gun.

the lad got a kick to the head, seconds after landing 9 punches to the head of an armed copper, and battering another and breaking her nose in 3 places. He is lucky he was not shot dead!

I wouldn’t give a shit if he was shot dead. Not ‘what he deserved’ but fuck him and his mates

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Turkish said:

In other news Tommy Robinson has been arrested under counter terrorism laws which appears to be because he showed a video he made that was banned where he investigated the incident a few years back where the Syrian boy was supposedly beaten up by a bully

im sure this will be cause for celebration for some of you 

It is. The guy is a stupid, criminal cunt.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, benjii said:

It is. The guy is a stupid, criminal cunt.

Maybe he is but being a cunt doesn’t mean you should be nicked. It’ll be interesting to see what’s gone on here. 

Still a lot of evidence and missing context in the Manchester Airport incident - what happened on the flight, what sparked it all long before the police were in the picture? What happened on disembarking?

The lad and his family hasn’t helped their cause by hiring Akhmed Yakoob - the so-called Tik Tok lawyer and failed Parliamentary candidate for Birmingham Ladywood https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cxrr3nz63x9o

You can see above a small sample of what calibre of person he is. Labour won’t be out to do him any favours after a campaign full of threats and intimidation. Especially after a dreadful, and threatening campaign in Ladywood https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4ng3j1pnpqo

He’s also under investigation himself and could be struck off https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/solicitors-regulator-launches-investigation-akhmed-29146238

His inflammatory language has brought more extremists such as Lee Anderson into play https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/who-akhmed-yakoob-controversial-tiktok-33331487

PS - great news if Tommy Robinson has been arrested, another extremist who looks for situations to ferment violence and division. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisPY said:

That’s the legal test.

What do you think public sympathy would be like for the one on the floor who got a kicking after initiating the violence?

I agree it shouldn’t have happened but I’m not overly concerned that it did.

The legal test is the only one that matters.

I'm not overly concerned, they are not nice people but the fact that it happened means the cop has to face the law like anyone else.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Maybe he is but being a cunt doesn’t mean you should be nicked. It’ll be interesting to see what’s gone on here. 

Sounds like he’s been a silly cunt. Again.

Tommy Robinson “could face jail” after screening a documentary against high court orders at a demonstration in central London on Saturday, according to the anti-racism group Hope Not Hate.

The film, Silenced, repeated false claims he made about a Syrian refugee that led to him losing a libel case in 2021. Robinson is due to appear at a high court hearing on Monday accused of contempt of court for making the documentary.

Nick Lowles of Hope Not Hate wrote on X: “Tommy Robinson is currently screening the film Silenced in Trafalgar Square, just 48 hours before he appears in the High Court accused of breaking an injunction preventing him from releasing the film.. He’s heading to jail.

“The Attorney General’s office have been made aware of Tommy Robinson screening a film he was banned from showing. Such a flagrant disregard for the law could well see him facing the maximum two-year sentence. Only himself to blame.”

Edit. From what I gather, the doc isn’t banned, as such. But Robinson/Yaxley-Lennon lost his libel case and a condition of the outcome was that he didn’t repeat the accusations made. Which he’s obviously done.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Tommy Robinson “could face jail” after screening a documentary against high court orders at a demonstration in central London on Saturday, according to the anti-racism group Hope Not Hate.

The film, Silenced, repeated false claims he made about a Syrian refugee that led to him losing a libel case in 2021. Robinson is due to appear at a high court hearing on Monday accused of contempt of court for making the documentary.

Nick Lowles of Hope Not Hate wrote on X: “Tommy Robinson is currently screening the film Silenced in Trafalgar Square, just 48 hours before he appears in the High Court accused of breaking an injunction preventing him from releasing the film.. He’s heading to jail.

“The Attorney General’s office have been made aware of Tommy Robinson screening a film he was banned from showing. Such a flagrant disregard for the law could well see him facing the maximum two-year sentence. Only himself to blame.”

Edit. From what I gather, the doc isn’t banned, as such. But Robinson/Yaxley-Lennon lost his libel case and a condition of the outcome was that he didn’t repeat the accusations made. Which he’s obviously done.

It'll be a feeding frenzy for his followers and stalkers, like soggy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

Crazy country we live in where people get more upset when someone is covered in milkshake than someone being stamped on the head.

The alternative view is that it's a crazy country where people get more upset when someone who beats coppers up, including females, gets a bit back (ok, a bit too much) than someone beating coppers up, including females. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It'll be a feeding frenzy for his followers and stalkers, like soggy.

Have you noticed that I am not the one who has been posting about it? I thought not.

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

Bit stupid but makes sense now loads of stuff on Twitter over the weekend about this video. His supporters saying if it’s not true why is it banned. 

On 27/07/2024 at 16:05, sadoldgit said:

More fun and games in London today. Not just the far right crowd but Stand Up To Racism and Trans Pride too. Sounds like a recipe for a disaster.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1928691/tommy-robinson-protest-live-police-corbyn/amp

12 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Have you noticed that I am not the one who has been posting about it? I thought not.

Sure. You haven't mentioned it once 🤦🏻

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, egg said:

The alternative view is that it's a crazy country where people get more upset when someone who beats coppers up, including females, gets a bit back (ok, a bit too much) than someone beating coppers up, including females. 

Yeah, it's not the bit back, it's the bit too much back.

2 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

The legal test is the only one that matters.

It’s not.

It’ll clearly have an impact on his life but the wider context and moralistic interpretation will mean he is likely to be supported by his family who can accept a mistake, society who can understand the reaction and even future employers who are willing to make an exception.

I found this interesting, it's usa, so laws may be slightly different, but it shows how red mist can turn a self defence into an act of aggression.  Police should know the laws, and what constitutes unreasonable force (clue, stamping on someone's head is over the line)