What Is Happening To Our Country?

sadoldgit

55 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

On the plus side, we do the Olympics better ... 

Jesus as a woman and the apostles as trannnies. Imagine if they’d taken the piss out of Islam like that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

More fun and games in London today. Not just the far right crowd but Stand Up To Racism and Trans Pride too. Sounds like a recipe for a disaster.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1928691/tommy-robinson-protest-live-police-corbyn/amp

Two arrests seems like this was completely peaceful given you described protests with over 200 arrests as largely peaceful. Tommy and his boys showing they know how to behave 👏

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

There can't be many countries, not even in Europe, where you can do this to armed police officers at an airport and expect to be ok.

The scrote got what he deserved.

no wonder the Labour Mayor was not so quick to condemn the police.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

The scrote got what he deserved.

no wonder the Labour Mayor was not so quick to condemn the police.

Was the kick to the head necessary ? He had already justifiably been tasered and was prone on the ground.

6 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Was the kick to the head necessary ? He had already justifiably been tasered and was prone on the ground.

Probably not,  but they, as armed police, had just been physically attacked, from behind also in literally seconds.

the scrote in blue is pretty fortunate to get away with a taser and a kick to the head.

I wonder if we will see community protests about violence against the police?

Edited by AlexLaw76

19 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Probably not,  but they, as armed police, had just been physically attacked, from behind also in literally seconds.

Aren't they trained to make split second decisions ? The moment the bloke hit the floor he was hors-de-combat and the kick was pure vengeance - perhaps understandable for you or I but they are expected to operate to a higher level of responsibility.

• Like 1

Just now, badgerx16 said:

Aren't they trained to make split second decisions ? The moment the bloke hit the floor he was hors-de-combat and the kick was pure vengeance - perhaps understandable for you or I but they are expected to operate to a higher level of responsibility.

They are trained. Training does lot create robots. They were being attacked, even from behind, no doubt they felt their lives were in danger and in a few seconds they sorted it out. 
Frenzied attacking the armed police in an airport, lucky to stay alive!

Of course, this behaviour will largely be overlooked by the ‘community’

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

What training gears you for being attacked left right and centre, and seeing your lady colleague getting a beating? Sure, he shouldn't have booted the bloke, but I can now understand why he did. 

• Like 2

On 26/07/2024 at 14:14, rallyboy said:

You seem a little confused.

It wasn't Burnham who said the police should get medals for what looks like a brutal assault - he's Labour, not Reform, and he's not an MP.

Hope that helps you with what you've clearly found to be quite a difficult situation to understand. 

I think many more people will now believe the coppers in question do, maybe, deserve medals.

Rightly or wrongly.

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

Do you believe that the suspended officer who is facing a criminal charge for kicking and then stamping on an already detained suspect's head, deserves a medal?

Bang the fuckers up if they're guilty, but stamping on the head is heroic?

• Like 2

Just now, rallyboy said:

Do you believe that the suspended officer who is facing a criminal charge for kicking and then stamping on an already detained suspect's head, deserves a medal?

Bang the fuckers up if they're guilty, but stamping on the head is heroic?

Never said I believe they do, just stated many (probably a significant many) will.

some, heaven forbid, may not be reform MPs or voters.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

TD Mikey finds it funny. You should be ashamed of yourself Always 

IMG_4693.jpeg

Blimey. I never thought that Turkish (a decent bloke but sometimes gets a bit carried away) would start to sound like GM ( complete and utter fascist nutter). GM told Kraken to be ashamed and take a good hard look at himself. Lets hope that Turkish doesn't turn into a moral lecturer. 😁😁😁

• Haha 2

So in the last week we’ve had riots against police and social services because they removed a child that was injured after being thrown out of a window and protests against the police after they were attacked and injured at an airport. So the answer to the question in the title of the thread is that is it’s fucked. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Blimey. I never thought that Turkish (a decent bloke but sometimes gets a bit carried away) would start to sound like GM ( complete and utter fascist nutter). GM told Kraken to be ashamed and take a good hard look at himself. Lets hope that Turkish doesn't turn into a moral lecturer. 😁😁😁

I’m just trying to fit in round here by raising the bar in being pious. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I think many more people will now believe the coppers in question do, maybe, deserve medals.

Rightly or wrongly.

Have they been charged with anything yet? In other circumstances the people would be getting banged up for years. Yet we’re meant to believe they’re the victims 

On 26/07/2024 at 11:35, sadoldgit said:

This guy is part of the problem.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/entry/lee-anderson-applauds-police-involved-in-manchester-incident_uk_66a2575ce4b0af62b424f43e/

Also normal, rational people do not go around stabbing people. Anybody who repeatedly stabs someone clearly has issues be they a sudden loss of control or deeper rooted, long term issues.

Given the new footage that’s come out, is he part of the problem or was he right?

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Given the new footage that’s come out, is he part of the problem or was he right?

No, he was just trying to appeal to racist simpletons via kneejerk soundbites, because that is his day job now.

The new footage confirms what we had been told, that some guys attacked the police and what we appear to see now is that one was knocked out by the police defending themselves - excellent. 👍

The original footage then shows that the officer kicked an unconscious suspect in the face and stamped on his head, the actions of someone totally out of control.

If you like violent revenge rather than justice, that's great.

But if you'd like to see the guy who attacked the police banged up for a few years, the court would be a great place to start.

Instead, the 'heroic' officer who attacked the twat on the floor has wrecked the whole fucking process and now the UK will have to apologise to someone who attacked the police and probably pay out compensation for the assault.

So no, Lee Anderson is really fucking wrong - medals are for bravery, not for reckless fucking idiots who can't do their job properly.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, rallyboy said:

No, he was just trying to appeal to racist simpletons via kneejerk soundbites, because that is his day job now.

The new footage confirms what we had been told, that some guys attacked the police and what we appear to see now is that one was knocked out by the police defending themselves - excellent. 👍

The original footage then shows that the officer kicked an unconscious suspect in the face and stamped on his head, the actions of someone totally out of control.

If you like violent revenge rather than justice, that's great.

But if you'd like to see the guy who attacked the police banged up for a few years, the court would be a great place to start.

Instead, the 'heroic' officer who attacked the twat on the floor has wrecked the whole fucking process and now the UK will have to apologise to someone who attacked the police and probably pay out compensation for the assault.

So no, Lee Anderson is really fucking wrong - medals are for bravery, not for reckless fucking idiots who can't do their job properly.

Believe me, I’ve seen the police do far worse than that. First hand too not on social media videos. The cunt got what he deserved. Big enough man to knock women half his size about he’s big enough to deal with the consequences. Want to be a bully don’t cry when Karma comes for you. You could easily argue given they had tasers and firearms and their colleagues on the floor badly injured them they had to neutralise the threat by whatever means necessary. It’s easy to judge from In front of your computer screen especially if you’ve never been in that situation yourself. 

as for the reform guy,he was right though want he, whatever his motives were. Or maybe he was simply thinking what many of us were, there was more to this than the small video we initially saw showed. That the police in this country, unlike other countries, don’t just wade in and stamp on innocent peoples heads. He was brave enough to say That whilst others were scared of mob rule and offending “the community” 

Additionally You have to wonder why it’s taken three days for this video to come out. Maybe we weren’t meant to see it as it doesn’t suit the narrative. These guys have had a few days being painted as the victims, not for the first time false truth becomes fact before the real story is told.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 4

Paul Waugh MP for Rochdale 

My wife works in the NHS and I’m so proud of the way she and her colleagues deliver superb care. Yet with every passing week I see these heroes and heroines work against the odds, with under-staffing that adds moral injury to the insult of their pay squeeze of recent years

also Paul Waugh

I have checked with the family of the Manchester Airport incident and this remains their latest message to all communities.

They have issued a plea for calm and ask for no further protests - they want due process to take its course and urge everyone to respect their wishes.

Yesterday's meeting in Rochdale made clear that this is a community that strongly believes in the rule of law, that the criminal justice system should follow the evidence wherever it leads, and that offenders should be punished appropriately.

Those present also rightly stressed that the law should be applied equally to everyone - and that no one, particularly the police, should be above the law.

so come on Paul follow the evidence and admit you got it wrong. Punish the offenders don’t have cops of tea with them 

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

Believe me, I’ve seen the police do far worse than that. First hand too not on social media videos. The cunt got what he deserved. Big enough man to knock women half his size about he’s big enough to deal with the consequences. Want to be a bully don’t cry when Karma comes for you. You could easily argue given they had tasers and firearms and their colleagues on the floor badly injured them they had to neutralise the threat by whatever means necessary. It’s easy to judge from In front of your computer screen especially if you’ve never been in that situation yourself. 

as for the reform guy,he was right though want he, whatever his motives were. Or maybe he was simply thinking what many of us were, there was more to this than the small video we initially saw showed. That the police in this country, unlike other countries, don’t just wade in and stamp on innocent peoples heads. He was brave enough to say That whilst others were scared of mob rule and offending “the community” 

Additionally You have to wonder why it’s taken three days for this video to come out. Maybe we weren’t meant to see it as it doesn’t suit the narrative. These guys have had a few days being painted as the victims, not for the first time false truth becomes fact before the real story is told.

We had already been told that they were arseholes, IMO that doesn't justify the police action which is what's being discussed here - I think most have already agreed on the first case, lock them up.

But if officers just want revenge and have no self control under pressure, they are in the wrong job.

Anderson thinks it's great when they're attacking groups he's paid to hate, but he'll be less impressed when it's his family who run into an officer that's gone rogue, and we've all met them at football matches.

We are all just VAR here, but we can clearly see a guy stamping on the head of an already subdued suspect, do you not think he crossed a line?

Give him a whack getting in the van, be robust dragging him into the station, but a head stamp in front of witnesses that has allowed arseholes to become victims is just reckless - red card.

But we're probably not the ones to ask - we have coppers on here, what do they think, was that good policing that makes their life on the street easier?

56 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

We had already been told that they were arseholes, IMO that doesn't justify the police action which is what's being discussed here - I think most have already agreed on the first case, lock them up.

But if officers just want revenge and have no self control under pressure, they are in the wrong job.

Anderson thinks it's great when they're attacking groups he's paid to hate, but he'll be less impressed when it's his family who run into an officer that's gone rogue, and we've all met them at football matches.

We are all just VAR here, but we can clearly see a guy stamping on the head of an already subdued suspect, do you not think he crossed a line?

Give him a whack getting in the van, be robust dragging him into the station, but a head stamp in front of witnesses that has allowed arseholes to become victims is just reckless - red card.

But we're probably not the ones to ask - we have coppers on here, what do they think, was that good policing that makes their life on the street easier?

How does anyone know how they'll react in an extreme situation like that until they're in it? 

• Like 3

BBC news channel have more time to the Venezuelan election than the new footage. I’m still wondering why it took the Manchester Evening news and 3 days for the other video to emerge 

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

BBC news channel have more time to the Venezuelan election than the new footage. I’m still wondering why it took the Manchester Evening news and 3 days for the other video to emerge 

The context to this was known from the outset, yet we were led to assume that the copper just randomly booted and stamped on the fella, with the insinuation being it was racially motivated. Completely inappropriate and unhelpful. The "victim" was a wrong un and we should have known that from the off. 

3 minutes ago, egg said:

The context to this was known from the outset, yet we were led to assume that the copper just randomly booted and stamped on the fella, with the insinuation being it was racially motivated. Completely inappropriate and unhelpful. The "victim" was a wrong un and we should have known that from the off. 

To be fair Andy Burnham just been on and spoke very well, as he always does. amongst other things that politicians shouldn’t be quick to judgement to fuel the fire which we’ve seen. 

I see the community were very quick to accuse GMP of institutional racism. Wonder what the community is saying now?

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, egg said:

We were also led to believe the coppers gave a black eye to the scrotes mum.  It seems it was the scrote himself when violently attacking the police for doing their jobs.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-black-eye-after-manchester-33330792

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 3

A serving officer phoned LBC the other day to explain that they are trained to use minimum force to the head or neck due to risk of serious injury. He thought it was a case of the “red mist” coming down in the officer but didn’t defend his actions.

The guy was incapacitated prone on the ground (with his mother leaning over him at the time). There is no excuse for the officer’s actions.

Fair play to Andy Burnham in trying to diffuse the situation at the time. That is what we need from our elected officials rather than the inflammatory rhetoric of rent a gob Lee Anderson, who seems to delight in throwing out red meat to his moronic followers at every opportunity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, egg said:

How does anyone know how they'll react in an extreme situation like that until they're in it? 

Because it is part of their training. You shouldn’t be letting police officers (often armed) onto the streets if they can’t be trusted to control themselves in extreme situations.

2 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Should he have kicked him, absolutely not.

Did he show restraint, for sure. He was armed with a pistol as well as a tazer.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if they shot him rather than used a tazer, assuming the whole footage was seen from the beginning? Justified or over the top?

Doesn't excuse him from seeing red though.

• Like 1

Just now, sadoldgit said:

Because it is part of their training. You shouldn’t be letting police officers (often armed) onto the streets if they can’t be trusted to control themselves in extreme situations.

That's a very simple answer SoG. They're not trained in every specific situation, and there's always something that happens in the field that tests them. Sure, we'd all hope that we'd have handled it better, but on any assessment, that was an awful situation and I don't believe that anyone could honestly say that they know how would have handled that. For what it's worth, even in the context of the situation, he'll  lose his job for the kick, and the stamp will see the pension gone. 

• Like 1

We knew from the off that the Asian lads had attacked the police, just hadn't seen the video of how bad it was.

This isn't a good side v bad side argument, the lads are a couple of cunts that deserve to be banged up for 5 years. And the lads lawyer is a cunt as well. But the cop's actions were wrong, the lad was on the floor and subdued, the stamp and kick were pure revenge.

I understand that people act instinctively in situations, but I don't won't that from our police service. The lad could easily had died and he wouldn't have deserved that. The other copper stayed calm, got his taser out and did his job.

If that was a fight between two groups I would agree that if you act violently bad things can happen to you. But he was a copper and should act to a higher standard in my opinion.

Edited by Fan The Flames
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Turkish said:

TD Mikey finds it funny. You should be ashamed of yourself Always 

IMG_4693.jpeg

It is pretty clear to me he is sog 2nd log on made up just to attack and defend himself to make it look like at least someone agrees with him. Nutty behavior to say the least.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

A serving officer phoned LBC the other day to explain that they are trained to use minimum force to the head or neck due to risk of serious injury. He thought it was a case of the “red mist” coming down in the officer but didn’t defend his actions.

The guy was incapacitated prone on the ground (with his mother leaning over him at the time). There is no excuse for the officer’s actions.

Fair play to Andy Burnham in trying to diffuse the situation at the time. That is what we need from our elected officials rather than the inflammatory rhetoric of rent a gob Lee Anderson, who seems to delight in throwing out red meat to his moronic followers at every opportunity.

Lee Anderson who was actually right? What about the ones who made out the attackers were victims of racism and police brutality? Anything to say about them?

12 hours ago, rallyboy said:

This is the point for me.  All the officer has managed to achieve, apart from some instant physical revenge, is moving the spotlight off  the real villains here and offer people who already have issues with police professionalism more fuel for their fire.

12 hours ago, Turkish said:

The cunt got what he deserved

This seems naive.  We all enjoy wrong un's getting their comeuppance but if we give police freedom to give every 'cunt what he deserves' we end up in a police state.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You live in a very simplistic world don’t you Sog. 

3 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

This is the point for me.  All the officer has managed to achieve, apart from some instant physical revenge, is moving the spotlight off  the real villains here and offer people who already have issues with police professionalism more fuel for their fire.

This seems naive.  We all enjoy wrong un's getting their comeuppance but if we give police freedom to give every 'cunt what he deserves' we end up in a police state.  

I suspect in the heat of the moment having just seen two of his female colleagues battered moving the spotlight was the last thing on his mind. I think we all agree he shouldn’t have done it, but then most people have probably never been in that situation. He’ll no doubt lose his job for it but I seriously don’t see how anyone could argue a grown man beating the shit out of two female officers doesn’t deserve a bit of instant physical revenge. They certainly would have got it from the police if they’d behaved like that in some other countries. 

39 minutes ago, egg said:

That's a very simple answer SoG. They're not trained in every specific situation, and there's always something that happens in the field that tests them. Sure, we'd all hope that we'd have handled it better, but on any assessment, that was an awful situation and I don't believe that anyone could honestly say that they know how would have handled that. For what it's worth, even in the context of the situation, he'll  lose his job for the kick, and the stamp will see the pension gone. 

I don’t disagree. It is a very difficult job and it is easy to be judgemental in the comfort of your sitting room when you are not directly involved. Yes,  he will pay a high price for his actions, but can you imagine what could have happened if the guy died?  What could have happened if he had a machine gun rather than a taser and lost control? 
Why anyone would want to be a copper in this day and age God only knows, but our police operate with our consent and we need to have confidence that our police do not sink to the levels of some of those they have to confront. The point here is that the guy was incapacitated and the officer seems to respond out of pure revenge. Understandable in the circumstances of the injuries sustained by the WPC perhaps, but officers are not judge and jury. Their job is to apprehend suspects and bring them to justice, not administer it themselves.

• Like 1