The World Cup Thread

FarehamSaintJames

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

That is a foul on Kane

Just now, adrian lord said:

Definite foul on Kane, it’s just whether it was in the area or not

Not for me. We'd be swearing at our TV's if that was given against us. 

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, adrian lord said:

We are starting to get sloppy and fade at the end of this half

Fade? We haven't got going. Midfield overrun, Foden and Sakab barely in the game, Kane no pace, being closed down everywhere. We've been 2nd best by a mile all half. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, farawaysaint said:

Quarter finals is hardly an embarrassment. We are giving France a proper go as well. 

Proper go is not how I would put it.  We are doing alright.  Stats on possession will look good as France are happy for us to have it in our half/middle 3rd

Edited by AlexLaw76

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I can’t say I’m in any way surprised, Southgate has never done anything other than beat vastly inferior teams with far worse players at major tournaments. As soon as we come up against a team of similar talent, we come unstuck.

. 1-0 down against the world champions been on the wrong end of a couple of game changing decisions and the whinging starts FFS

• Like 4

Every knew it’d be a close game and so it is. Both sides have had possession and moments without any major threat. All that’s in it is a couple of questionable decisions. No need to panic, I think we’ll score. Whether we win or not, however…

Saka needs to go off. Love him, but he’s getting kicked about. Need someone with a bit of muscle and someone who can whip a ball in.

Too many times on that right hand side there has been an opportunity to whip but he doesn’t have the right foot to do it.

Henderson needs to stay central, not try and overlap the wingers too, leaves us too exposed.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Kucho said:

I would bring on Rasford for Henderson and have Foden play behind Kane with Rashford taking up Foden’s position. 

Not a way in the world. Henderson is having to do a job in the middle, and give cover against Mbappe. That's leaving spaces, and leaving the other 2 with too much to do. Foden will find that role tougher. It's the shape that's wrong.