The World Cup Thread

FarehamSaintJames

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

There's a difference between showing emotion and making damn sure everyone knows you're upset. What Ronaldo just did was the sporting answer to checking into a Hospital on Facebook and putting "Not sure I'm ready, don't want to talk about it though"

The front page of most world papers tomorrow will be a photo of him crying as opposed to Morocco's celebrations.

What gives you the right to tell people how to show their emotions?

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Anyway, who's this Nadia on ITV? 

Some danish football chick. Did tou see Souness before the game? Was hilarious. Talking about how other teams won’t want to play England. “I’d like your view Nigel, (pause while he remembers) oh and yours Nadia but I was thinking more from the Netherlands view” 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

It's fucking pathetic. Can you imagine if Charlton, Moore & co burst into tears upon losing their 1/4 final in '70?

Crying is fine mate. It's just that he's a cock and I'm happy to see him upset. 

19 minutes ago, egg said:

Wow! Well done Morocco.

I don't like to see a man cry, but I'll make an exception for Ronaldo. 

Is it just me or has the crying level been ramped up beyond all comprehension and sensibility this tournament? Used to be reserved for missing a pen in a semi or final shoot out. Now they're blubbing like babies after getting knocked out in normal time in the quarters. Pathetic.

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I’d like us to win it then refuse the trophy unless they wrap it in rainbow Colours 

Just along the lines of what I was thinking. Go up to get the trophy, put on rainbow shirts just as they get there, walk past all the complicit dignitaries on the podium, optional rude gesture to Infantino, and then go off to unfurl their support for women, migrant, LGBTQ+ rights banners and celebrate with the fans, possible fake world cup raising moments with them.

Football comes home, but with extra dignity. 🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, egg said:

Ditto. 

Not the first for me but in 1966 I was convinced we would win.

But earlier in the year I was far from convinced I would see First Division football at the Dell but we did thanks mainly to Terry Paine and Martin Chivers with Paine being involved with the World Cup 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Just along the lines of what I was thinking. Go up to get the trophy, put on rainbow shirts just as they get there, walk past all the complicit dignitaries on the podium, optional rude gesture to Infantino, and then go off to unfurl their support for women, migrant, LGBTQ+ rights banners and celebrate with the fans, possible fake world cup raising moments with them.

Football comes home, but with extra dignity. 🙂

We should play the final in rainbow shirts if we really believe in it. 

Just now, badgerx16 said:

Whether it was a foul or not, 4 attackers against 7 defenders and scored from 25 yards - piss poor defending.

Yep. Mbappe walked through us, and the closing down was half arsed. Should have done better.