The World Cup Thread

FarehamSaintJames

2 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

It's nice to find something that unites the forum - a dislike of Portugal.  Can't stand them.

As for us v France, very nervous now - not sure how players manage to stay calm and perform.

And as for the Sun stunt - why why why ? I'm blaming them if we lose

I don’t dislike them. Ronaldo yes and to lesser degree Fernandes. I like Pepe he’s great Pantomime 

5 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Boufal has been good again.

Looks like we didn't get the best out of him or the league just didn't suit his game 

1 minute ago, HKsaint said:

Boufal is so so good, a lot better than Djenepo Ely or Redmond 

Did we even get a fee when we sold him? 

17 minutes ago, HKsaint said:

Boufal is so so good, a lot better than Djenepo Ely or Redmond 

I always found it so frustrating how Redmond was given chance after chance, yet Boufal was only given the occasional chance to impress and if he didn't he was dropped again. Inconsistent yes but we definitely misused him.

2 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

I always found it so frustrating how Redmond was given chance after chance, yet Boufal was only given the occasional chance to impress and if he didn't he was dropped again. Inconsistent yes but we definitely misused him.

He came to Saints injured , took ages to get fit then when he was given a game wasn’t that good except once . He managed to ruin that by running to Puel and shouting in his face that he should be picked . Some time has passed where he still hasn’t set the world alight but is making a contribution for Morocco but you shouldn’t judge a player by a good WC/Euro !

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

I blame those irritating “no boufal no party” pricks. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, saintant said:

Hilarious. Assume nobody dared challenge her maths because she is a person of colour.

To be fair most of his appearances haven’t been 90 minutes so her comments might not be as silly as they sound. According to the site I found his stats work out as a goal about every 120 mins, which is every 1.3 games. 

Edited by aintforever
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Even in defeat he's arrogant. I get crying. It's his last ever tournament. He'll never win the WC now. I can understand a few tears but running down the tunnel literally hysterically sobbing....Utter prick

Yep. On his own to get the focus. All about him. Selfish, self centred idiot. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aintforever said:

To be fair most of his appearances haven’t been 90 minutes so her comments might not be as silly as they sound. According to the site I found his stats work out as a goal about every 120 mins, which is every 1.3 games. 

She specifically said “19 Goals in 40 do the “math” a it’s a goal a game”, dopey

Just now, The Cat said:

Hilarious. Amazing result for Morocco.

Can't help but think they will be fucked for the semi though, they put so much effort in today and in previous games that they'll end up getting rolled over by whoever wins later.

If it's us, I hope so. If it's France, I hope not. 

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Hilarious. Amazing result for Morocco.

Can't help but think they will be fucked for the semi though, they put so much effort in today and in previous games that they'll end up getting rolled over by whoever wins later.

Neither France or England will have an easy game. They have conceded one goal all tournament. I'd even say that this Morocco team are superior to anyone we faced on the way to our respective semi final and semi final in the last two outings.

17 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

He came to Saints injured , took ages to get fit then when he was given a game wasn’t that good except once . He managed to ruin that by running to Puel and shouting in his face that he should be picked . Some time has passed where he still hasn’t set the world alight but is making a contribution for Morocco but you shouldn’t judge a player by a good WC/Euro !

Pellegrino but yeah, it showed a terrible attitude. spacer.png

• Haha 1

Great to see so many 'underdogs' showing up the various over-confident pundits.  In all cases it was the effort expended and team cohesiveness alongside a modicum of skill that won out in the end.  If England do not show the same grit and determination this evening then we don't deserve to go through - no complacency, work hard, ensure we score and we'll be in the semi's too.

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Are you suggesting men should be men like they were in the old days and not show any emotion?

There's a difference between showing emotion and making damn sure everyone knows you're upset. What Ronaldo just did was the sporting answer to checking into a Hospital on Facebook and putting "Not sure I'm ready, don't want to talk about it though"

The front page of most world papers tomorrow will be a photo of him crying as opposed to Morocco's celebrations.