The World Cup Thread

FarehamSaintJames

16 hours ago, Turkish said:

This is happening quite regularly now. Players or clubs are going to need to hire security teams when they are away. It’s horrendous, it happened to a friend of mine a couple of years back when he was away on business. Armed robbers broken in a held his wife and 14 year old daughter at knifepoint while robbing the house. They’ve still not gotten over it

Update is that the family were out during burglary fortunately , discovered burglary on their return . 

Edited by East Kent Saint

58 minutes ago, JRM said:

They were terrible pens, like shooting without your boots on, shame as Japan had done well 

Gutted for Japan who played by far the better football. Croatia have been poor throughout and won’t go any further. You could tell that all of the Japanese players who missed their penalties didn’t fancy it. Minamino looked terrified. Even a seasoned pro like Yoshi fluffed his kick and didn’t look up for it. 

Edited by sadoldgit
Typo

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Just got in and seen the score. Have Brazil been really good or have Korea made it easy for them?

Bit of both. Mental tactics from Korea, but a couple of very good goals.

I really hope there’s an Argentina v Brazil semifinal; that could be epic!

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Bit of both. Mental tactics from Korea, but a couple of very good goals.

I really hope there’s an Argentina v Brazil semifinal; that could be epic!

Difficult knowing who you'd want to lose. Normally I'd be rooting for Brazil, but with Richarlison playing for them it's questionable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Badger said:

Difficult knowing who you'd want to lose. Normally I'd be rooting for Brazil, but with Richarlison playing for them it's questionable. 

Yeah … I’m not in love with Neymar either. If he’s got that far I might get sentimental about Messi winning the only trophy left to confirm him as GOAT so would probably cheer them on. But to be honest I’d just love to see that game, at that stage. Loads of skill and loads of animosity. Possibility of being an all-time classic.

(Of course, if we’re still in the hunt I’m not cheering Messi on!)

Edited by Chewy
Last comment

Just now, Chewy said:

Yeah … I’m not in love with Neymar either. If he’s got that far I might get sentimental about Messi winning the only trophy left to confirm him as GOAT so would probably cheer them

on. But to be honest I’d just love to see that game, at that stage. Loads of skill and loads of animosity. Possibility of being an all-time classic 

Fair enough.

But  a final involving Argentina, France, Richarlison is difficult to pick a preference from. Please spare us that England.

Ref conned by Richarlson. At least PL refs have him sussed out. Horrible player.

Really disappointed in South Korea, why bother turning up if they're not going to make a game of it. School boy errors all over the pitch.

Turned off at 25 mins, sickened by the sycophantic bullish*t from the commentators.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Ref conned by Richarlson. At least PL refs have him sussed out. Horrible player.

Really disappointed in South Korea, why bother turning up if they're not going to make a game of it. School boy errors all over the pitch.

Turned off at 25 mins, sickened by the sycophantic bullish*t from the commentators.

I think they thought they stood the best chance by being surprisingly attacking, but it spectacularly backfired.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LaptopSaint said:

Boufal leaving a Spanish defender for dead and showing why we replaced him out wide with Theo Walcott and Adam Armstrong 🙄

Ignoring the fact that when he did actually play for us, he did absolutely sod all in three years and four managers, aside from one wonder goal a year against someone sh*t.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Ignoring the fact that when he did actually play for us, he did absolutely sod all in three years and four managers, aside from one wonder goal a year against someone sh*t.

Much like Theo and Armstrong then.