Tyler Dibling

Dusic

46 minutes ago, david in sweden said:

Kamari Doyle (another talented lad who moved to Brighton last season)..fell foul of the managerial-change syndrome and instead of

vying for a place in their Prem. squad,  ended up going out on loan for a season and is an "also ran" ..on the bench at  Exeter.  

Not really, he started and scored in their last match.

2 hours ago, david in sweden said:

vying for a place in their Prem. squad,  ended up going out on loan for a season and is an "also ran" ..on the bench at  Exeter.  

Do people just not check things anymore before they post?

2 hours ago, david in sweden said:

Clearly.... Dibling has come into form at the right time and doesn't look out of place when facing up against Prem. sides.

At this stage of his career there is no way we should be thinking if him as a 90 minute player, as his physique is still developing

and the stress is too much on a young body... ( remembering Broja, Livramento, Lavia )  but whether he starts and plays for an hour

or,  comes off the bench as an impact sub. he certainly shows some attacking qualities that are rare in the club  a.t.m. 

Whatever the outcome , I'm sure he will do his best at every opportunity.  The suggestion that some " big club" will want to buy him

is a real danger, but moving to a club who have 11  international as first choice players, means he won't see much game time (if any) 

and will spend most of his time in their U21 side,  along with other Academy prospects who have been there since they were 8 y.o..

IF ..he continues to show up and.. (like Prowsey did in his early days), and started occasionally or always got minutes is a better

prospect for an enthusiastic, talented youngster who wants to get game time every week. 

The prospect of  " greener grass"  (and / or a greedy agent) can often ruin a young player's chances of advancement.  I was sad to see that 

Kamari Doyle (another talented lad who moved to Brighton last season)..fell foul of the managerial-change syndrome and instead of

Alternatively, bale, Walcott and Shaw were playing semi regularly at a similar age. Yes we have to be careful but we can't not play him if he's the best player in that position. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Alternatively, bale, Walcott and Shaw were playing semi regularly at a similar age. Yes we have to be careful but we can't not play him if he's the best player in that position. 

Absolutely, however their respective injury records throughout their careers weren’t/aren’t  great. I wonder if that’s linked?

58 minutes ago, bangkoksaint said:

Absolutely, however their respective injury records throughout their careers weren’t/aren’t  great. I wonder if that’s linked?

In the nicest possible way I don't really care. Dibling is going to be here two to three years absolute maximum. What his injury record is like after that time isn't really our concern. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

In the nicest possible way I don't really care. Dibling is going to be here two to three years absolute maximum. What his injury record is like after that time isn't really our concern. 

Uhm.....I see what you're saying and yes you're absolutely right and I doubt it will affect us in the long term. Whether the club take a more long term, almost pastroral view, based on his interests will be interesting but BIM TB may be one of the few players between RM and the sack I probably doubt it

4 hours ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Not really, he started and scored in their last match.

Yes he did ,  but was on the bench for the first two games before being subbed on late, and was pulled off in the third game.

Good to see that at least he's getting some game time, as I always rated him when playing for our U21's. 

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Alternatively, bale, Walcott and Shaw were playing semi regularly at a similar age.

Yes we have to be careful but  we can't not play him if he's the best player in that position

Agreed, but we'll be in a sorry state if he is the best choice and no-one else is comparable. 

35 minutes ago, david in sweden said:

Agreed, but we'll be in a sorry state if he is the best choice and no-one else is comparable. 

Not sure I agree with that. You wouldn't have said we'd be in a sorry state when we played bale or Shaw. If you're good enough then you're certainly old enough and we need the best player sout there to give us the best chance of a result. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, bangkoksaint said:

5 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I think JWP disproves that.

Weren't we able to phase JWP in a great deal more, considering he wasn't quite as highly rated as the others mentioned who we played as often as we could in the relatively small amount of time they spent with us?

Having said that, after they left us neither Bale and Walcott were exactly first names on teamsheets at their new sides. I don't think a few months playing Championship football at that age would significantly affect a footballer's long-term career prospects. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Weren't we able to phase JWP in a great deal more, considering he wasn't quite as highly rated as the others mentioned who we played as often as we could in the relatively small amount of time they spent with us?

Having said that, after they left us neither Bale and Walcott were exactly first names on teamsheets at their new sides. I don't think a few months playing Championship football at that age would significantly affect a footballer's long-term career prospects. 

Phase jwp in more? Than who? Dibling has barely played for us thus far. 

45 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

He was responding to the point around Shaw, Bale and Walcott.

Ah right I misread it. I agree with him then. We should be playing Dibling as much as we possibly can short of giving him injury problems. We need to get maximum benefit because he might not be here next year. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Tyler Dibling owes us to sign a longer contract with say £35m buy out clause etc 

He's a £35m player right now. If we stay in the prem he and Fernandes should each be worth more in two or three years' time than we sold VVD for.

9 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Ah right I misread it. I agree with him then. We should be playing Dibling as much as we possibly can short of giving him injury problems. We need to get maximum benefit because he might not be here next year. 

He's already left for a bigger club before and didn't like it. You don't think he could stay as long as we're in the prem a la Le Tiss? To me there's every chance he becomes a Grealish-level player who, instead of leaving his boyhood club, doesn't want to sit on the bench for City.

A couple of years in the prem and a core of English internationals Ramsdale, THB, and Dibling, plus Portuguese superstar Fernandes would go a long way to cementing us as a top half side, which is the SR goal. It might require a different level of wages than we've seen from Liebherr/Gao, but SR have already thrown plenty of money around.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Tyler Dibling owes us to sign a longer contract with say £35m buy out clause etc 

He owes us nothing and fully grown adults who don’t know the business or the guy personally telling young adults what they should and shouldn’t do with their career continues to be one of the creepiest and oddest things about football. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, chiknsmack said:

He's a £35m player right now. If we stay in the prem he and Fernandes should each be worth more in two or three years' time than we sold VVD for.

He's already left for a bigger club before and didn't like it. You don't think he could stay as long as we're in the prem a la Le Tiss? To me there's every chance he becomes a Grealish-level player who, instead of leaving his boyhood club, doesn't want to sit on the bench for City.

A couple of years in the prem and a core of English internationals Ramsdale, THB, and Dibling, plus Portuguese superstar Fernandes would go a long way to cementing us as a top half side, which is the SR goal. It might require a different level of wages than we've seen from Liebherr/Gao, but SR have already thrown plenty of money around.

The biggest problem with this is that we are very unlikely to stay up this season playing the way we do. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chiknsmack said:

He wont. If he gets to that sort of level he'll be gone with 3 years, he'll want to go on a play for top teams, win stuff and play for England and SR will insist he'll be gone within a few years. They will want to cash in on him. This is how a player trading model works. If he goes for £50m that's £50m profit on the books.  Always difficult to say what a player will be sold for, Cole Palmer was a steal at £40m, but he owned City nothing so was all profit, if we sold Dibbing for that price if he was at the same level people would be in meltdown we sold him too cheap. Always makes me laugh how people insist we sold Mane too cheap when at the time he was sold he wasn't near the level he got to at Liverpool in his second and third seasons, he was one of the most expensive transfers of that window and the 3rd most expensive signing in Liverpools history.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

No he doesn't. He agreed to come back, and he and the club agreed how long that'd be for. I salute the lad for deciding that Chelsea wasn't the place for him, but don't kid yourself that the club taking him back was a selfless act of kindness that must be repaid by Tyler. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, chiknsmack said:

I think he might stay a few years if we stay up. I'd say at this point that looks remote though and I can't see him hanging around in the championship. A 30 million pound offer from someone like Liverpool next summer after relegation and he's offski. 

• Like 5

On 12/09/2024 at 16:51, hypochondriac said:

Not sure I agree with that. You wouldn't have said we'd be in a sorry state when we played bale or Shaw.

If you're good enough then you're certainly old enough and we need the best players out there to give us the best chance of a result. 

Think I've been misquoted back there somewhere.   In a side of fairly experienced players many of whom have played in the Prem. before

Dibling stands out with his dynamic approach to attacking football, and  seemingly " side-steps the Russball "  formation. 

Given the ball... he heads straight for goal and isn't afraid to shoot on sight, something that some other strikers have failed to do far too often.

He's exciting to watch, but I don't see him playing 90 minute games ( or even surviving 60 mins) and certainly not anything near for the 

remaining 35 games.   He shouldn't be " overplayed" but providing he avoids injury, and occasionally start, he might come on as an impact sub. 

This way (with luck) ...he might last out through the second half of the season and DAJFU.  If he starts scoring regularly, his " honeymoon period "

as a new starlet will mean some of the more hardened Prem. defenders will leave their mark on him.....if / when they can catch him.

The aforementioned comparisons with Bale and Walcott are not he same as we were in lower leagues then, and Shaw had barely played much

more than one season when he left, and was totally out of his depth after arriving at Man.Utd .  

49 minutes ago, trousers said:

"TalkSPORT’s Alex Crook reports..."

Aaaaand.... relax...

It's also reported in detail on a site called givemesport. They emphasise interest from Man Utd which makes sense since he's just had a very good game against them and both Ashworth (ex Newcastle) and Jason Wilcox work for them.  We need to offer him an extension on better money to protect our asset.

• Like 1

I wonder what he's getting paid at the moment. Presumably not much relative to other first teamers.

There must be a deal to be done where we put him on a new contract at, say, 70k a week, with a release clause. Would be attractive to him as long as the release clause is realistic as he'd net a big chunk of cash even if he leaves next summer. 

I think we can be confident he would justify the wage if he stays and confident he will raise us good money if we go down. He gets the safety net of a longer deal, way more cash over the next ten months, plus knowledge that he can leave when a big boy comes calling.

• Like 5

It seems inevitable that TD will leave us for a big club move sooner rather than later, however it’s at this time we NEED players of his skill and ability to drag us out of the mire we’re currently facing. To weaken an already struggling side will serve to drive another nail into the proverbial coffin. SR need to step up to the plate and get that lad a very attractive new contract with a big release clause (think he’s worth £70m in today’s market).

Edited by Saint Fan CaM
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

It seems inevitable that TD will leave us for a big club move sooner rather than later, however it’s at this time we NEED players of his skill and ability to drag us out of the mire we’re currently facing. To weaken an already struggling side will serve to drive another nail into the proverbial coffin.

SR need to step up to the plate and get that lad a very attractive new contract with a big release clause (think he’s worth £70m in today’s market).

don't disagree with the general content of your text, but it might be more realistic when he actually does start scoring some goals first.

34 minutes ago, david in sweden said:

don't disagree with the general content of your text, but it might be more realistic when he actually does start scoring some goals first.

Understand, but sometimes you gotta speculate to accumulate and I think even the most conservative of on-lookers can see the lads a cut-above.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Andrew Watson said:

Let us hope that his parents are more interested in steady progress and not a large pay packet at this present moment in time,after all it would be very surprising if they do not have a say in his future. Hopefully his agent thinks the same way,but very much doubt it.

He’s 18 of course.

11 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

New contract incoming 

Would be brilliant. He's 18 and he's playing Premier League football. Even if we go down he'd be playing regularly in a tougher league if he was willing to stay OR we secure the value of a key asset if he doesn't. I hope SAA gets some game time too, otherwise we may as well have sent him on loan.

10 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Would be brilliant. He's 18 and he's playing Premier League football. Even if we go down he'd be playing regularly in a tougher league if he was willing to stay OR we secure the value of a key asset if he doesn't. I hope SAA gets some game time too, otherwise we may as well have sent him on loan.

If we go down he'll most likely leave. SR will cash in even if he wants to stay.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Andrew Watson said:

Let us hope that his parents are more interested in steady progress and not a large pay packet at this present moment in time,after all it would be very surprising if they do not have a say in his future. Hopefully his agent thinks the same way,but very much doubt it.

I wonder how much of a factor it is that he's already gone once and come back. If he's already seen the grass isn't greener, and Saints can already offer him life changing amounts, there might not be a rush from the player or inner circle to go elsewhere

• Like 1

Still think it’s super naive of us to give him prem games without tying him down longer .

we where in a power position hey Tyler if you wanna start sign the contract , that would kinda force his hand .. but now the car is out the bag and Im not so sure we get him signed to a new deal 

On 12/09/2024 at 13:05, SaintsLoyal said:

I think the release clause would need to be 60m +

35m won't keep the northern sharks or chelsea away

• Like 2

No buy out clause would make more sense. We then sell him to wherever he wants to go for whatever fee we agree to accept. God only knows what he would be worth in a couple of years time.

Edited by derry

1 minute ago, derry said:

No buy out clause would make more sense. We then sell him to wherever he wants to go for whatever fee we agree to accept. God only knows what he would be worth in a couple of years time.

He'll be worth at least as much as Grealish, probably 20% more with inflation