Tyler Dibling

Dusic

# Hypothetical question klaxon #

What would the club's hierarchy do if a big club slapped down a stupidly high offer for Dibling before the window slams shut...? 

Edited by trousers

26 minutes ago, trousers said:

What would the club's hierarchy do if a big club slapped down a stupidly high offer for Dibling before the window slams shut...? 

# Hypothetical answer klaxon #

Presumably sell him, just a bit more home grown than Lavia or Livramento.

28 minutes ago, trousers said:

Be interesting to see what his attitude would be to leaving the club (at any point) given his short lived spell at Chelsea. I wonder if he’s a talent we’d be able to hold onto for a bit longer…

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sfc4prem said:

The way he wears almost non-existent chin pads and leaves his chins exposed whilst languidly gliding with the ball attached to his feet reminds me distinctly of another player.

Chinpads.png.a09475ebd1511554443c392c6f0e5fd1.png

Chinpads2.png.2f280b2692b1884e6f1f5cdd0ced4f3b.png

• Haha 5

He's clearly a great talent, but he and SAA looked toasted by the end last night, and their games suffered a bit on occasion. I would hate to see either of them end up injured through overplaying in their breakout seasons - like we saw with Lavia, Livramento and Broja. 

Too early to start them for me. But 20-30 minutes most weeks; that would be great. See how things look in Nov/Dec and then maybe some 60-70 min appearances. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

He's clearly a great talent, but he and SAA looked toasted by the end last night, and their games suffered a bit on occasion. I would hate to see either of them end up injured through overplaying in their breakout seasons - like we saw with Lavia, Livramento and Broja. 

Too early to start them for me. But 20-30 minutes most weeks; that would be great. See how things look in Nov/Dec and then maybe some 60-70 min appearances. 

Yes good observation. 

IF TD has recovered sufficiently I’d give him 60 next match as a starter. He is a front foot attacking player and you know he is going to be direct and aggressive and try make a goal or goal chance happen. Unlike how we played Forest. 

Bluntly, in that regard, he can do that more effectively, more often, on his recent showings than anyone else in our team. 

IF we are in the lead by 60 ( due to his impact) then he may well have drained himself by then and by all means put on Joe or Will or Mateus even Les but I believe in risk reward - the lad put it out there last night. Give him his reward- starts the next EPL match. 

yes i thought that too, they both looked knackered towards the last 20 minutes. You're right 20-30 minute roles is about right for now. They both look to be real talents but big jump from youth football to mens football in terms of fitness, strength and power needed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

IF we are in the lead by 60 ( due to his impact) then he may well have drained himself by then and by all means put on Joe or Will or Mateus even Les but I believe in risk reward - the lad put it out there last night. Give him his reward- starts the next EPL match. 

So to confirm you think we should be starting 18yo Dibling before starting 20yo Fernandes (Man of the Match last night) or 23yo Big Les who looks like exactly what we need in DM. 

I'm really pleased we have all of them, but for me Mateus starts and probably Les too alongside Flynn. 

• Like 2

Yeah - pleased with Mateus and he is closer to an RM player than Tyler so you may be right and it’s him gets the nod. Both good players but Tyler seems more direct and perhaps I’m biased!😁

As for Les- well putting him in alongside Flynn plus Mateus feels good too but I think that may be a “risk” too many. Though I’d be happy with that starting line up also bringing in Tyler if we need more of a goal threat - which I marginally think we would without Tyler in team. 

12 hours ago, trousers said:

Tell them to double it and we might think about it.

So to confirm you think we should be starting 18yo Dibling before starting 20yo Fernandes (Man of the Match last night) or 23yo Big Les who looks like exactly what we need in DM. 

I'm really pleased we have all of them, but for me Mateus starts and probably Les too alongside Flynn. 

In the absence of a clear out and out number 9, I'd play them all. A bit like we did when we had Alcaraz in the false 9 against leeds. 

Suga THB Bednerak KWP 

Downes 

Les (Smallbone) Fernandes (Aribo) 

Dibbling (Lallana)

Archer (AA) BBD (Sulemana) 

7 minutes ago, Dman said:

In the absence of a clear out and out number 9, I'd play them all. A bit like we did when we had Alcaraz in the false 9 against leeds. 

Suga THB Bednerak KWP 

Downes 

Les (Smallbone) Fernandes (Aribo) 

Dibbling (Lallana)

Archer (AA) BBD (Sulemana) 

I could see the team set up like that for the end of the game, but would be surprised to see last year's on field Captain and top scorer dropped for a break out 18yo no matter how good Dibling is. 

Dropping Archer for Dibling would also be a big call. That's partly why I think we'll see him as a sub to start.

On 25/08/2024 at 10:45, Dusic said:

New contract please or he will be gone next summer with just a year left.

He is our best chance of a big PSR boost in future so need to protect the asset as will be a top PL player in a couple of years.

Bump

13 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Bump

Let's hope we make him feel loved and offer him a bumper deal because if we lose him with a year left or even on a free then it'll be a big f*ck up by the club. 

Edited by Harry_SFC

He’s going to be absolutely top drawer I reckon. Physically he’s a big lad for 18 as well. Get him tied down on a new contract before giving him too many minutes to impress please 

• Like 2

He was possibly the best player on the pitch when he came on. Definitely has that Bale and Walcott level of promise. And so far doing it in the Premier League. Get him on a decent contract asap. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

How did they not realise in training how good he is?

Um, I think they did? You aren’t involved in PL matches at 18 if you’re not showing much in training. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jack said:

He’s going to be absolutely top drawer I reckon. Physically he’s a big lad for 18 as well. Get him tied down on a new contract before giving him too many minutes to impress please 

I'm watching last night's Match of the Day. No mention of Dibling at all!

We may have a window of opportunity to get him to sign a new contract. We're not going to be able to keep him under the radar for very long though if he plays 30-40 minutes every game and makes PL play look like its completely natural to him.

I'm watching last night's Match of the Day. No mention of Dibling at all!

He unfortunately was mentioned heavily on TV, with the commentators already suggesting Chelsea should bring him back to Stamford Bridge.

19 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

He unfortunately was mentioned heavily on TV, with the commentators already suggesting Chelsea should bring him back to Stamford Bridge.

And he'd never see PL football again. He knows that though, thankfully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sfc4prem said:

🤣

Yeah he should definitely go to Chelsea and compete against the likes of Cole Palmer, Nkunku, Mudryc, Neto, Madueke, Sancho and Joao Felix. That’ll be great for his short term prospects.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure if it’s just me ? But I find  it hard these days to get excited about players like dibling .. watching him all I’m seeing is a future Liverpool or Arsenal player and it’s hard to see him being with us two years max ., it’s a painful reality for saints fans these days if he’s too good he won’t be here long 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

He's gone next summer regardless of what happens this season.

Yep I saw a few on twitter calling him the future of our club.  Just can’t get behind this myself 

Jwp was only here for so long as he wasn’t fancied by the big clubs. Will smallbone will probably be more future of our club then dibling 😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 25/08/2024 at 16:26, bugenhagen said:

Signed a new contract in December, so nothing tells me he’s letting it run down intentionally.

That said I do agree with the second part of your post and hope we are “brave” enough to give him a lot of playing time and a new contract soon

On 28/08/2024 at 21:47, Sheaf Saint said:

Yep. No need to hold him back anymore. Get him in the first team. He's gonna do great things, so I just hope we get to see some of them in a Saints shirt before he inevitably gets poached from us.

We do need to get him signed to a long contract though .. I’d be pretty much telling him you wanna start? Ok let’s sign a new deal ??  

Long time since we had a talent this promising .. we shouldn’t be putting him in the limelight too much until we have him secured properly 

On 17/08/2024 at 17:26, Luke SkyWalker-Peters said:

I thought he did very well in his Premier League debut today. He's always been a big, strong lad for an attacking player and thought he looked physically up to it. Won a few fouls and kept the ball well, but a shame he didn't have a go at one of his driving runs.

He's been showing Premier League potential since he was 15, so its good for him and the academy to have nurtured the talent so well.

After the window closes, a long-term deal for him must be a priority.

We really need to get him signed to a nice long contract I’d be tempted to tell him sign the contract if you wanna start.. otherwise we will simply be putting him in the shop window with 1-2 years left on his deal after this season and that weakens our hand 

38 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Not sure why anyone is calling that a wonder goal I counted zero actual tackles made while he ran in basically a straight line up the pitch!  Reminded more of Marsden's ‘wonder goal’ rather than Maradona’s actual wonder goal!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, stevematthews635 said:

Miserable c**ts.  Cracking goal and this kid is a superstar in the making.  And he's one of ours (for now)

He's clearly a good player and will hopefully go on to be top draw, but that goal is a bit m'eh count how many players actually try and tackle him.

8 hours ago, a1ex2001 said:

He's clearly a good player and will hopefully go on to be top draw, but that goal is a bit m'eh count how many players actually try and tackle him.

I get where you're coming from but if you view it again a different way - his close control of the ball takes it just far enough away from the three players that close him down that they're unable to make a tackle because they'd be going straight through him. 

Not saying it's a goal of the season contender but his ability with the ball at his feet is frightening. We need to do a Chelsea and tie him down to a 6 year contract. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I get where you're coming from but if you view it again a different way - his close control of the ball takes it just far enough away from the three players that close him down that they're unable to make a tackle because they'd be going straight through him. 

Not saying it's a goal of the season contender but his ability with the ball at his feet is frightening. We need to do a Chelsea and tie him down to a 6 year contract. 

No way he is signing a contract of that length here sadly!

2 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

I get where you're coming from but if you view it again a different way - his close control of the ball ..

Not just that but it's combined with deceptive speed and great balance.

As for scouts being at games: of course there are, there are no real undiscovered gems in professional football, but there is obviously continuous assessment and re-assessment going on.

The optimist in me hopes to see him at the weekend, and if he scores it won't be a great surprise to anybody..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Not just that but it's combined with deceptive speed and great balance.

As for scouts being at games: of course there are, there are no real undiscovered gems in professional football, but there is obviously continuous assessment and re-assessment going on.

The optimist in me hopes to see him at the weekend, and if he scores it won't be a great surprise to anybody..

Time to let Tyler loose and let's see what he can do. He seems confident in his own ability so perhaps it's time RM showed the same confidence. He's made things happen every time he's been given minutes on the pitch unlike many of his team mates. Give him an opportunity.

• Like 2

Clearly.... Dibling has come into form at the right time and doesn't look out of place when facing up against Prem. sides.

At this stage of his career there is no way we should be thinking if him as a 90 minute player, as his physique is still developing

and the stress is too much on a young body... ( remembering Broja, Livramento, Lavia )  but whether he starts and plays for an hour

or,  comes off the bench as an impact sub. he certainly shows some attacking qualities that are rare in the club  a.t.m. 

Whatever the outcome , I'm sure he will do his best at every opportunity.  The suggestion that some " big club" will want to buy him

is a real danger, but moving to a club who have 11  international as first choice players, means he won't see much game time (if any) 

and will spend most of his time in their U21 side,  along with other Academy prospects who have been there since they were 8 y.o..

IF ..he continues to show up and.. (like Prowsey did in his early days), and started occasionally or always got minutes is a better

prospect for an enthusiastic, talented youngster who wants to get game time every week. 

The prospect of  " greener grass"  (and / or a greedy agent) can often ruin a young player's chances of advancement.  I was sad to see that 

Kamari Doyle (another talented lad who moved to Brighton last season)..fell foul of the managerial-change syndrome and instead of

vying for a place in their Prem. squad,  ended up going out on loan for a season and is an "also ran" ..on the bench at  Exeter.