Burnley 2-0 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Just now, Dr Who? said:

But surely interfering with play as Forster had to push him out the way! 

Yeah, but Forster wasn't impeded when the header was made. Forster was a statue. Goal his fault, but defending shocking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Dr Who? said:

But surely interfering with play as Forster had to push him out the way! 

He wasn’t offside at that point. Only became offside when the header came towards him. There wasn’t any clear evidence that it touched him, therefore, right decision. 

• Like 1

Just now, Turkish said:

If ever a game was going to produce a convincing home win and a limp pathetic saints display it was tonight. 

Yep. So predictable. Ground we rarely do well at and they have it all to play for against our bunch who downed tools weeks ago. Saw this coming a mile off. 

• Like 2

Just now, egg said:

Yeah, but Forster wasn't impeded when the header was made. Forster was a statue. Goal his fault, but defending shocking. 

To each their own, but I wouldn't be stating the blame game with forster for that goal 🤔🙄

• Like 1

Absolutley diabolical performance all over.

Defence is all over the place. Lyanco is a good squad CB, but shouldn't be a regular. Bednarek ditto. Valery isn't a CB and that's obvious against height and aggression, why you use him in this game is beyond me.

Attack is a mess. Armstrong has had an absolute shocker, doesn't look a footballer. Ely runs around but isn't quick enough. Broja very, very poor but equally isolated. 

Overall that has been a mess, easily as bad as last season at the Hawthorns. 

• Like 4

Just now, Saint86 said:

To each their own, but I wouldn't be stating the blame game with forster for that goal 🤔🙄

Indeed, each to own. He'd been brilliant, but for me, he could have done better there although fair to say the defence let him down, again. 

Well Burnley players left the field like they had won the league at half time. Get a quick goal and pop them under some pressure and we might nick a point. As we know the confidence is fragile when in the bottom 3. Get one goal and get one for free. 

Owner needs to make his mark in the summer. Clear out fringe first team players, sell maybe a couple of current first team eg Stu, Jan, maybe others with contracts drawing to a close eg Oriol and Ely and that with £30m investment - and if we can’t do that net then Semmens picked the wrong horse - and buy a new spine. Literally and metaphorically. 

Edited by saint1977

After the first 10 mins we've been second best. Three at the back is not working as we've got no width in the attacking areas. Can't believe how easy it is for them to get through. We need to go back to a flat back four and two uptop to turn this around. Ori could have scored two in the first half. Fraser outstanding yet again, he's keeping us in this.

Edited by davefizzy14

Last post tonight.

Only one team fighting to win and that’s Burnley. Saints are woefully poor in first 45 mins. We could replace 5-6 if we could.

Very disappointing from Saints. Won’t surprise me if they score a few more😕

1 minute ago, Streaky said:

Another shit display from us. Becoming far to regular these days. We were lucky against arsenal. No fight at all. Broja rubbish again. Prowse not doing anything either.

Broja is the new Redmond, picked regardless of form. 

It's like Dave Gorman and Jason Dodd are in charge.  Even a reaction in the second half only makes the first half worse.

On one hand I'm hardly surprised that a back three of Valery, Bednarek and Lyanco are shit, on the other our form is so up and down its the biggest question mark I have against Hasenhuttl.  Our confidence appears so fragile - either its a consequence of our players costing very little (and a reason why they do), or there is something more systemic due to the coaching or the club itself.  This would be the biggest thing I'd be getting to the bottom of if I were the new owners.

We've no right to play near the top of our ability all the time as don't spend much money, but its genuine Jekyll and Hyde stuff.

The gutless mentality of this team is shocking.

To be fair saints should probably be at least 3 behind.

don’t get how our manager thought playing a defensive line up, leaving our attacker isolated against bottom of the table Burnley was a great plan. He’s amazingly fortunate we scrapped that jammy win at the weekend.

there better be multiple subs at ht. There’s only a couple of players (kwp and forster) who look interested.

Valery is fine when it’s a team that play on the floor like Arsenal. But the amount of times he’s been caught way out of position by the direct balls tonight is ridiculous.

get Valery and Bednarek off and bring on Salisu and Adams.

Maybe romeu can get some heading tips from burnely, he should of scored at least one of his free headers, its inexcusable, we might not be playing better but still 1 goal might of given the team confidence.

Not sure who to bring on but I there is plenty of choice who to take off.

Did Ralph not figure out the reason this system worked Saturday was because of Forster. We are only 2 down tonight because of Forster.

FFS give Broja some help, an experienced centre forward would struggle up there on his own, never mind a kid in his first season !!!

1 hour ago, DT said:

Ralph picks correct line up shock

How's that going?

Why we're playing 3 CB's at Burnley is beyond me.

We've been absolutely awful from the moment Romeu missed the first free header. Just a complete nothing performance.

No drive, no creativity, defence all over the place. Terrible.

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Burnley 2-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic