Burnley 2-0 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

33 minutes ago, Dman said:

That is absolutely not a foul. Had prowse been stronger, he could have at the very least made it a harder header for him.

No evidence that it touched cork. 

Goal is right to be given. 

He had a hand on each of his shoulders. He immobilised jwp and gained a foot in leverage for his header. If you don't think that's a foul then what is a foul? Blatant as they come

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, trousers said:

Who was to 'blame' for the players playing well during our December to March purple patch?

Quite, there is so little balance with Ralph from the fans. It's one extreme or the other. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Why have we actually improved this much since redmond came on? Is it because Adams is here as well and is actually a CF unlike broja? Or has redmond hugely improved our attack? 

It's because Redmond is actually pretty good and tries to create stuff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

It's because Redmond is actually pretty good and tries to create stuff.

I think it's because Adams can put himself about a lot and intimates defenders. When playing 4-5-1 broja may look tall, but he's actually a bit of a fairy strength wise, albeit a pacey one. We're a far better team with Adams playing up top. Be it a 2 or a 1.

(I don't hate redmond, I actually think he's useful and unlucky to be so out of favour). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Broja pretty anonymous

Haven't actually noticed him. Thought he'd be taken off. 

I think he got ahead of himself when he started playing well, thought he was too good for us and stopped working hard. He can stay at Chelsea if he's not prepared to put in a shift.

Just now, Saint86 said:

I think it's because Adams can put himself about a lot and intimates defenders. When playing 4-5-1 broja may look tall, but he's actually a bit of a fairy strength wise, albeit a pacey one. We're a far better team with Adams playing up top. Be it a 2 or a 1.

(I don't hate redmond, I actually think he's useful and unlucky to be so out of favour). 

100%, if we are playing one up top it has to be Adams as he's the only one who can consistently hold it up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Haven't actually noticed him. Thought he'd be taken off. 

I think he got ahead of himself when he started playing well, thought he was too good for us and stopped working hard. He can stay at Chelsea if he's not prepared to put in a shift.

No he's still on 🤣

1 minute ago, Appy said:

Shite selection, shite formation and shite performance. 

Just because we fluked a win on Saturday doesn’t mean you pick the same team again, shambles. 

You should have posted that before the start of the game Appy... We'd now all be hailing you a footballing genius ;)

2 minutes ago, Appy said:

Shite selection, shite formation and shite performance. 

Just because we fluked a win on Saturday doesn’t mean you pick the same team again, shambles. 

(Duplicate)

Edited by trousers

I can only assume we're trying to relegate Everton, whilst simultaneously putting our cb's in the shop window, and trialing forster for a new contract. 

Also, think how happy Jay and corky will be if they stay up 🥰

Otherwise this makes no sense 😑

Edited by Saint86
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Too much to expect our manager to take off an anonymous player

Adams for all his lack of finishing sometimes, is twice as effective as broja. He had a couple of good games and believed his own hype. Send him back to Chelsea reserves for a reality check

• Like 3

Ralph's really been shown up here by a stand-in manager with a weak set of players.  I would like to think this is a tactical defeat where the club thinks Burnley will be less of a threat than Everton, but obviously this is all about inept management and very weak mentality in most of our players.  I think this is one of the most unenjoyable seasons I've experienced since our relegation season and there are few players I would like to see in the side next season.  What a load of crap.

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Burnley 2-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic