Burnley 2-0 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

1 minute ago, Saint86 said:

We've played 4-5-1 and stood off one of the worst possession sides in the league (who unsurprisingly have now set a season best first half for possession and attacking play). All because we got flukey vs arsenal (ta forster) with this formation. 

Spot on. Complete stupidity to consider the Arsenal result as anything other than a phenomenal keeping display. We got battered and nicked a result.

You build on that spirit, not on those tactics.

1 minute ago, IOWSaintDaz said:

This has all the hallmarks of Ralph leaving at the end of the season, he just can't seem improve us any more or get the tatics right when it counts, if he doesn't go it will be interesting to see our new owners assessment of him this season as Dyche was shown the door by Burnley in my view Ralph is far worse given the squad he has

Funnily those that back him have gone quite. 

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Burnley fans shouting and moaning about the game being stopped for one of their own players being down with a head injury. Morons.

And like good boys we don’t kick up that they got the ball back

• Like 1

60 minutes and still no changes. What exactly is he hoping for on that touchline? It hasn't worked, it's been pretty clear since the 20th minute that it isn't working yet he hasn't changed any of the personnel on that pitch. 

He's been tactically outclassed by an U23 manager with Ben Mee as his assistant. He's so overrated by many in this fanbase. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IOWSaintDaz said:

This has all the hallmarks of Ralph leaving at the end of the season, he just can't seem improve us any more or get the tatics right when it counts, if he doesn't go it will be interesting to see our new owners assessment of him this season as Dyche was shown the door by Burnley in my view Ralph is far worse given the squad he has

I doubt it, he looks too comfortable here and they're quite happy for him to stay as long as we do the bare minimum.....no ambition.

1 minute ago, IOWSaintDaz said:

Eh? Any team that has to play Valery, bednarek, and lyanco as a back 3 all season would be relegated by April. We have a smattering of decent players, and a very average / poor squad overall. We were tipped by everyone for relegation this season and yet we've improved without ings goals. 

Its a bad performance at the end of the day. But this lot are young and on holiday whilst Burnley are fighting for thier Premier league season.

It's results like this, with players like these, that make me worried about next season. Newcastle, Leeds, Everton if they stay up, all those will be better. We have a very important summer ahead and we need first choice additions, not squad players.

Shambles.

• Like 3

Just now, SNSUN said:

It's results like this, with players like these, that make me worried about next season. Newcastle, Leeds, Everton if they stay up, all those will be better. We have a very important summer ahead and we need first choice additions, not squad players.

Shambles.

There's no guarantee other teams will improve. People would have been saying the same about us the last couple years in the same worried tones.

On 19/04/2022 at 03:28, Pilchards said:

Hoping Saints put on a great display for the travelling fans and the TV cameras.

Just wish Burnley would get some extra points elsewhere and send Everton down as I totally hate them with passion.  Not going to be disappointed with an entertaining draw but I would love it if Ralph puts some youth on the pitch for at least a half.

Watch him make changes now that the game is over.

Wish his time was over.

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

Shambles.

Pretty sure about 75% of the forum said the same last season, but hey here we are safe as houses. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Burnley 2-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic