Burnley 2-0 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

1 minute ago, Saint86 said:

Full time predictions. 

Ever the optimist I think it will finish 3-2... But to who? 😅

It will probably be Burnleys biggest home win in years. We don't want to be there tonight.

Slippers and chocolate is waiting at home for the lads.

Prove me wrong lads, but these guys have never really proven me wrong from these sort of positions at places like Burnley.

Edited by S-Clarke

Started well, until till Roberts had his Cuco Martina moment,  worldy.  

After that , our shape suited their defend in an 8 and break plan. 

2nd goal , Cork is stopping Fraser from moving, and is offside when then header comes in , so he has to be active, and so offside.

I like Ralph and he's moved us on from the days of Puel, Pellegrino and Hughes but I think we need a change in the summer. Fresh eyes, someone that can really motivate and organise.

No half time changes after that first half shambles is crazy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I was surprised by the line up. What worked for Arsenal, wasn't what you'd against a relegation threatened team. But we were the brighter in the first 5 mins.  That flattered to receive. I looked away, and when I looked back it had gone to pieces. Burnley harder working, Bednerak giving Burnley an easy decision to shoot, Valery struggling, Romeu having a poor game which never goes well for us, JWP out fought and no coherent play from us. The only one with credit is they guy who's going. Not for the first time either.

Yep, agree with that. It's not a game for that back 3. Needed a back 4 with an extra man in midfield for me. There's no press either, and there press is stifling us when we have a bit of possession. 

• Like 2

We defend like a bunch of cunts.

Honestly should be 6 down by now and it’s a joke we are still in this.

I actually don’t know why I carry on watching this as I’m muggingly thinking we are going to win it 3-2. 

PS I hope this helps to send Everton down :)

Edited by Pilchards
  • Like 1

Just now, saint michael said:

We all get into arguments about Ralph. Can the Ralph supporters please explain to me what he is doing right as I have lost the plot

He's not had a 9-0 for a while so progress! 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It will probably be Burnleys biggest home win in years. We don't want to be there tonight.

Slippers and chocolate is waiting at home for the lads.

Prove me wrong lads, but these guys have never really proven me wrong from these sort of positions at places like Burnley.

Sadly hard to argue with that. 

2 minutes ago, saint michael said:

We all get into arguments about Ralph. Can the Ralph supporters please explain to me what he is doing right as I have lost the plot

Get us to 39 points really with some of these duds.

• Like 1

We've played 4-5-1 and stood off one of the worst possession sides in the league (who unsurprisingly have now set a season best first half for possession and attacking play). All because we got flukey vs arsenal (ta forster) with this formation. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 3

This has all the hallmarks of Ralph leaving at the end of the season, he just can't seem improve us any more or get the tatics right when it counts, if he doesn't go it will be interesting to see our new owners assessment of him this season as Dyche was shown the door by Burnley in my view Ralph is far worse given the squad he has

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Burnley 2-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic