World Cup 2022 Thread

AlexLaw76

36 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Like all big money sports tournaments the draw is rigged by seeding players/teams to make sure the big teams/players get an easier ride to the final. F1 showed how bias can work last race of last season . Remember when Ferrari got all the decisions in their favour ?

Seeding is not rigging FFS.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

As it stands, as we don't know about Wales/Ukraine/Scotland

It would be an absolute fairy tale to see the people of a starving, war torn, poverty stricken, diseased sh*t hole have some small glimmer of hope to get behind. Having said that, I wouldn’t begrudge Ukraine a place in the tournament either.

• Haha 2

Seems like there’s no stand out favourite at the moment. Brazil and France maybe leading it, a few others including England just behind those two. There’s no Italy at all, Germany don’t even make it as a top seed, Spain aren’t the side they were ten years ago. Argentina have a reliance on Messi but he’ll be 35 and has scored 2 in 18 for PSG.  Similar for Portugal with Ronaldo, and they only finished second in their group behind Serbia. Belgium have got some quality tbf.

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

Seems like there’s no stand out favourite at the moment. Brazil and France maybe leading it, a few others including England just behind those two. There’s no Italy at all, Germany don’t even make it as a top seed, Spain aren’t the side they were ten years ago. Argentina have a reliance on Messi but he’ll be 35 and has scored 2 in 18 for PSG.  Similar for Portugal with Ronaldo, and they only finished second in their group behind Serbia. Belgium have got some quality tbf.

I hope France fall foul like many holders do, and just not be as good as the World Cup previously

6 hours ago, The Kraken said:

They will be there or thereabouts with their new manager. France, Brazil, Portugal and Belgium have a good shot as well. England will probably do well until they get to a game that goes to penalties.

And don't forget Euro champions Italy.  Oh ... wait.

1 minute ago, Dark Munster said:

They will be there or thereabouts with their new manager. France, Brazil, Portugal and Belgium have a good shot as well. England will probably do well until they get to a game that goes to penalties.

And don't forget Euro champions Italy.  Oh ... wait.

Yeah, I don’t doubt Germany will be a threat. It’s just that normally you’d say they’re in the top 3 as favourites, and you’d be desperately hoping to avoid them. This year it seems it’s very flat at the top with no significant front runners. As I see it I reckon any of the seeds plus Germany could win the tournament. It’s wide open.

• 2 months later...