Saints 3-1 West Ham - Match Thread

Paulwantsapint81

24 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I don’t get what Ralph is doing, we’ve got fuck all to play for in the League. It’s basically our reserves v their first team.

Strange decision Ralph.   I know you shouldn't pick out one player, and I know he scored a goal recently, but starting Long seems a crazy decision.   If we lose this game decisively Ralph will have given up a lot of th goodwill he has earned in recent times.    

Without reading the comments thus far on the line up, I can't see them being that positive! Willy is fine, Stephens is fine, but as decent a job as Valery has had to do at CB this season, he is not a frigging CB. Certainly not against a decent team in West Ham when we want to progress to the next round of the cup. If he gets MOTM then fair play and I will retract my comments but I feel like he's going to cost us a goal at some point... hopefully not worse. 

I can live with the midfield, JWP and Diallo is fine, Djenepo and Smallbone have a lot to prove, but Armstrong and Long in attack? That's pretty damn blunt. 

I'm not happy that he's taken a winning, in-form team and ripped it apart in a cup competition we should be prioritising. In both previous rounds he's done this and scraped by but personally I think this is a step too far tonight.

I hope I'm wrong and we progress but this definitely smacks of us believing we can achieve bigger things in the league.

Right, one post left tonight.... I'll save it until after the game when we've won 6 nil and I have to defend myself for looking like a negative tit. 😜 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Ralph must have expected them to put out a severely weakened side - that's the only rational explanation I can think of. Has he been caught with his pants down by Moyes?

He looks very embarrassed in the pre match interview.

Ralph- "trust in every player we have. we talk how important everyone is. there is no reason to not give them a chance, they bought us here and think about longy who scored against swansea. so important to give players a chance to show up"

"Maybe we have 120 minutes today or a penalty shootout, so long way to go. It is an interesting side and a good opponent so I am looking forward to it"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Ralph must have expected them to put out a severely weakened side - that's the only rational explanation I can think of. Has he been caught with his pants down by Moyes?

Even if he had thought Moyes would pick a weakened team, it's no excuse for this joke of a line up. He should've gone with the strongest, regardless.

Congratulations Ralph, you've outdone Poch. I didn't think that was possible. Wanker.

1 minute ago, nta786 said:

Ralph- "trust in every player we have. we talk how important everyone is. there is no reason to not give them a chance, they bought us here and think about longy who scored against swansea. so important to give players a chance to show up"

"Maybe we have 120 minutes today or a penalty shootout, so long way to go. It is an interesting side and a good opponent so I am looking forward to it"

If he has trust in every player why has he picked the same line up in the league for the last 4 or 5 games? 

• Like 2

Just deeply depressing that the FA Cup is now reduced to an opportunity to give some of the boys in the squad who don't play much a run out. Even for a team like us who have only won 1 major trophy in its history.

Pretty obvious the lack of respect that Ralph has for the competition that he would contemplate that line up in the 5th round.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs West Ham - Match Thread
5 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Right I’m done with being pissed off until these players give me a reason to.

Come on lads, two wins from Wembley.

Lol, I like your attitude... I don't know how long you'll be in a good mood for though. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 West Ham - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic