Saints 3-1 West Ham - Match Thread

Paulwantsapint81

2 hours ago, Streaky said:

Europe league brings in next to nothing in revenue. Also flying around Europe in first class for 30 plus people as its own expenses. I've heard from many chairman that you don't make any money from the competition intill you get to semis and finals

Qualify for group is €3.6m

win group match €630k

draw group match €210k

1st in group €1.1m

2nd in group €550k

Champions League is ~5 times the prize money!

I'm expecting Ralph to make several changes to last Friday nights starting line up. 

Caballero

KWP Stephens Salisu Perraud

Redmond JWP Diallo Elyounoussi

Adams  Adam Armstrong

2-1 to us with Prowsey and Adam Armstrong scoring - COYR :)

Edited by davefizzy14

Wow Ralph what on earth!!!! It is going to be a very tough pill to swallow if we lose this because I am flabbergasted at that team.

I hope he knows what he is doing here because I am worried. I can only hope the element of surprise works in our favour tonight. 

On 01/03/2022 at 12:58, Dusic said:

Its pretty obvious that he will rotate because no matter what, for clubs and managers the league is always a higher priority than the cup games.

We have a big squad that he has to try to keep happy and a few players, Stuart Armstrong being one, that has to be managed carefully to keep him fit.

Anyone who is suprised when they see the team tomorrow and we have made a few changes shouldn't be suprised and equally it doesnt mean we have no chance of winning.

Not suprised, just proves that the cup is always a lower priority for Managers and Clubs than the league.

Not saying that is right, but its certainly true.

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Here's hoping I have to apply to join the Saintsweb "glad I was proven wrong" club tonight 

Hope so too but can’t see it. We will get outmuscled all through the middle and our strikers have what, 4 goals between them. Shit line up. 

1 minute ago, Dusic said:

Not suprised, just proves that the cup is always a lower priority for Managers and Clubs than the league.

West Ham going strong though 

1 minute ago, Dusic said:

I get it in certain situations. But we’re nailed on to finish 8-14th. Cup should be the absolute priority 

• Like 4

Just now, Turkish said:

Hope so too but can’t see it. We will get outmuscled all through the middle and our strikers have what, 4 goals between them. Shit line up. 

Unbelievable mate, thought Ralph was better than throwing games like this, Ukraine war has  affected him worse than I thought 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

Bloody hell Ralph... What are you playing at?!

20220302_183207.jpg

Wow. That's... a collection of footballers.

If Jack Stephens and Yan Valery can keep out a big, physical team who score a lot from set pieces, I'll eat my hat (provided it's made of cheese or something).

There's literally no headers in that line up.

Good luck, chaps. Stranger things have happened, I guess...

• Like 1

At the end of the day if you're fit enough to be sat on the bench, then these players will be going through the usual drills etc etc and warm up, so why the hell has Ralph put out the team he has only he and God knows.

A lot of goodwill generated over the last few months could be gone now. 

4 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Imagine there is complete meltdown on here with that lineup. Think we know what the priorities of the club are now. 

Finishing 8th? Fuck modern football 

• Like 5

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 West Ham - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic