Saints 3-1 West Ham - Match Thread

Paulwantsapint81

15 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Biggest thing with this line up is it means Villa at the weekend becomes a must win really for Ralph to be vindicated.

I’m not even sure that’s enough really. Decent league place but not a favourite for European football, draw opening up, fancied at least a Wembley semi. Hope I’m wrong but I can’t see that lot competing with West Ham over 90 minutes with quite a few mid table Championship players featuring and just taking the game to ET against established Premier League players would be an outstanding achievement with that line up. Hopefully the players can pull off a cup upset and play a division or two above their level. 

• Like 1

WHU have had 2 big chances now, playing us off the park.

We look like headless chickens with the movement and pressing - need to shithouse a goal somehow because Ralph still playing a suicidal high line which with this side is worrying.

Just now, nta786 said:

WHU have had 2 big chances now, playing us off the park.

We look like headless chickens with the movement and pressing - need to shithouse a goal somehow because Ralph still playing a suicidal high line which with this side is worrying.

Only just 10 minutes in mate, let's not overreact. They're on a high from their huge away following, they'll come down.

• Like 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Foul given against Diallo that wasn't given as a foul when it happened to Broja v Spurs. Cunts.

Not sure you can blame this ref for a mistake made by a different ref in a different game, in fairness.

1 minute ago, Saints foreva said:

The CBs are all over the place. Really poor opening 20 from us. 

You can tell this back four haven't played together before. Valery in particular is way too high up when he should be level with Stephens.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Djenepo reminds me of Bambi on ice.

Need to be looking to get rid in the summer.

Says it all that he has picked him. Clearly not getting offered a new contract, a year left, it’ll be a loan to perm in Turkey or Greece. Smallbone needs cameos, pitching him in tonight is not good management but he may have a future here post injury much longer run.

Moussa clearly doesn’t. If the manager wants to wear a hair shirt for being an oddball, at least play one of the better u19s there to try. Redmond totally out of the picture, on the bench but hardly played recently. Must be getting sold in the summer as well.

Smallbone needs to go on loan next year in the Champ, beef up and trust his body post ACL.

A Armstrong a bonus so far, surprisingly sharp given the limited recent game time. 

Edited by saint1977

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Djenepo reminds me of Bambi on ice.

Need to be looking to get rid in the summer.

doubt anyone would complain (especially those that hate his diving and crying). Its not worked at all. Still time for him to blossom, but not sure it will be here.

As poor as he is, you still get the feeling he might do something at any moment. He's so unpredictable.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 West Ham - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic