Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Think he sounds like a good fit for our system. box to box midfielder, hard working, can transition the ball.  Looks a better fit for how we want to play than Romeu.

Bit unfair on a when on form Romeu to be honest.

1 hour ago, saint1977 said:

If the club could get close to the fee back for Diallo, O’Brien at Hudds has a £12m release fee apparently although linked with nearby Leeds for ages. Hardly used Diallo last term so with Svanberg that would effectively be two new CMs. Engine room choices of those two, JWP and Romeu sound a bit more PL standard on paper at least.

Who is available for breaking up the opposition, tackling and gaining possession in Romeu's absence ?

Remember the Lawrie analogy someone reminded us of a couple of weeks ago. Not sure about O'Brien but of the others including Armstrong, and especially Elynoussi we seem to have too may 'want-to-be' violinsits, and not enough road sweepers. 

Svanberg looks as if he could offer something, but in my book we still need a MF enforcer, a Case, or in more recent times a Marsden or a Schneiderlin. 

2 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

So the midfielder made 36 appearances last season, 31 from the bench.  This according to the Ugly Inside.

Sounds about right…..

Not sure where they got that from. He played 80+% of their games from the start.

I caught Alex Crook offering his in depth, technical opinion on Gareth Southgate and England's tactics tho other day on the radio. You too can have a media career if you spout utter nonsense rumours for long enough. I thought they'd stop him to ask random passers by for their in depth, technical opinions too, but nope.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I caught Alex Crook offering his in depth, technical opinion on Gareth Southgate and England's tactics tho other day on the radio. You too can have a media career if you spout utter nonsense rumours for long enough. I thought they'd stop him to ask random passers by for their in depth, technical opinions too, but nope.

Crook is stealing a living.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

he blocked me for reminding him 🤣

I got blocked by Neil Allen or whatever his name is, The Portsmouth News reporter, about ten years ago purely because I questioned a few of his articles and why he was ultra defensive of Portsmouth Football Club’s wrongdoings and how the “plucky little club” had been hard done by in the football world, when I’m actual fact local communities had been ripped off by them.

He didn’t like reasonable questions. 😂

As for Alex Crooks, he went on mute alongside Talkshite a long time ago. Again he didn’t like it when I quizzed him on Ryan Bertrand’s and Danny Ings’ imminent contract renewals. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

1 hour ago, StrangelyBrown said:

But based on the claims that football manager is used as a scouting tool MLG should be able to give us an opinion.... MLG over to you - is he good or not?

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I don't know, I'm not the Bologna researcher. I've not seen him play enough to pass judgement.

Edited by Matthew Le God

13 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Bologna fans all over the world with a heavy sigh of relief there.

However Matteo Le Dio on lerossobluweb.com has just pulled up numero uno Rossoblu tifoso for offering to drive him to Southampton himself 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Just checked their forum and Matteo il Dio is going off one one. Must be part of a franchise.

Cartoon Monster GIF by Scooby-Doo

You've finally worked it out! A franchise owned by the Jonas brothers.

I'd have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for that pesky Lighthouse! 

Edited by Matthew Le God

Think of posted on here when hudds played Forest that the O'brian lad stood out just the way he wasn't afraid to run with the ball and attack. 

Don't know if it's been mentioned but a player we should look at is Lois Openda was on loan at Vitesse banged them in last season 👍 

It's my view that Bazuna will be a success with Southamption, he was the best goalkeeper in league of Ireland at 16 and has developed further every time I have seen him since. However all goalies need reliable centrehalfs in front of them and believe that another young Irish player Nathan Collins would be a great asset to the club at centre half. Nathan Collins of Burnley is the best young irish centre half I have seen since Mark Lawrenson and Paul Mcgrath and would like to see Southamption get in there before a top 6 club recognises how good he is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LongtimeFootieMan said:

It's my view that Bazuna will be a success with Southamption, he was the best goalkeeper in league of Ireland at 16 and has developed further every time I have seen him since. However all goalies need reliable centrehalfs in front of them and believe that another young Irish player Nathan Collins would be a great asset to the club at centre half. Nathan Collins of Burnley is the best young irish centre half I have seen since Mark Lawrenson and Paul Mcgrath and would like to see Southamption get in there before a top 6 club recognises how good he is.

Thank you for the insight Mr Collins, I’ll get my people on the case, no holds barred an all

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LongtimeFootieMan said:

A lot of Burnley fans think he is the real gem at the club and are thankful that he hasn't had quite enough time to build a huge reputation, so they may be able to keep him as no one will bid enough for him yet for them to consider selling. Maybe our version of KWP, although perhaps even he's forged a bigger reputation.

59 minutes ago, LongtimeFootieMan said:

How is the golf in Ireland pal?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chez said:

A lot of Burnley fans think he is the real gem at the club and are thankful that he hasn't had quite enough time to build a huge reputation, so they may be able to keep him as no one will bid enough for him yet for them to consider selling. Maybe our version of KWP, although perhaps even he's forged a bigger reputation.

I’m sure our fabulous analytic people will be all over it

On 11/06/2022 at 17:17, SuperSAINT said:

The Athletic have done an article listing all the USMNT players who could move this summer:

Chris Richards

A candidate to start for the U.S. in Qatar, Richards is attracting attention from Premier League clubs.

Sources confirmed reports that Crystal Palace have shown interest in landing the 22-year-old from Bayern Munich. They added that Southampton has done the same. 

Acquired from FC Dallas in January 2019, Richards has made 10 first-team appearances across all competitions for Bayern. He spent the last season and a half on loan to fellow Bundesliga club TSG Hoffenheim, making 11 appearances down the stretch of the 2020-21 campaign after joining them at the close of the winter transfer window, then playing in 20 league matches in the recently completed season.

Injuries somewhat limited him this year, with one keeping him out of the current USMNT camp, but Richards is highly regarded on both the club and international levels. While he’s drawn interest from the Premier League, there’s a chance that Bayern hold onto him this summer, with German outlet Kicker recently reporting that he’ll get a chance to carve out a larger role for himself during preseason. Sources indicate that Bayern wouldn’t part with him cheaply.

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

People will scoff at using FM stats but one thing this does show you is that even the biased FM researcher for HIS OWN TEAM doesn't rate him.

Interesting - that is the first time I've seen FM stats but I assume that is the previous season, this season was essentially his breakout year as a starter for Bologna so I would expect rating to go up ?

Either way the window has been open for a few days now and I just want us to buy something.

10 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Thought we were also told the S.American market would be one we would look at as well with the new work permit rules, but nothing since then. Some good talents there but seems the usual teams snap them up.

I wonder if it has anything to do with reputation. Notice Arsenal have just spent three million on some 19 year old Brazilian. Not a huge outlay even for us, surely some of the talent would be worth a punt at those prices. 

5 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Even football manager knows we have no talented wide players

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 10.04.17.png

Salisu is a no-nonsense centre back! Wish they had told him towards the end of last season when he started to try and dribble the ball past 2/3 players each time out of defence.