Dele Alli

Saint Scott

14 hours ago, tunit said:

Only thing we have in favour of the other teams sniffing is that he's a very very good mate with KWP. They go on holiday with each other etc. Since its only a loan and not permanent I think that counts for more

Done deal then especially if their better halves are good friends.

Hey! now we're told he's best mates with KWP as well. That pretty much confirms it.

Wonder if our England team could beat Southgate's?

14 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

This doesn't seem like a signing we would make. It would be pretty cool but unlikely imo. 

Why not? Who was that guy who rolled up at The Potters Heron back in the day? 

Edited by Charlie Wayman

15 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

This doesn't seem like a signing we would make. It would be pretty cool but unlikely imo. 

52 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Why not? Who was that guy who rolled up at The Potters Heron back in the day? 

Which part of something happening 40 years ago leads you to believe that Dele joining us is more likely than unlikely...?

Edited by trousers

On 29/01/2022 at 15:33, SuperSAINT said:

On paper he’s an Everton signing.

On 30/01/2022 at 11:17, Charlie Wayman said:

Strange idea. He hails from the Midlands, born and brought up in Milton Keynes so more likely to prefer Villa than a Merseyside club in the inhospitable North West.  

• Like 1

I thought Everton were in the shit with FFP? They've just splurged £30m on two full backs already, whilst getting £25m for Dinge.

Not sure how they'd be able to wangle the £25-30m it would cost to get Ali permanent. Loan deal makes more sense, surely.

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I thought Everton were in the shit with FFP? They've just splurged £30m on two full backs already, whilst getting £25m for Dinge.

Not sure how they'd be able to wangle the £25-30m it would cost to get Ali permanent. Loan deal makes more sense, surely.

Haven’t they maxed out their domestic loans if they get DvdB ?

18 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The amortisation charge for the £30 million incomings will ( assuming they will be on say four deals ) be around £3-£4 million this season and around £7.5 million season thereafter ,whereas the sale of Dinge for £30 million will show  up in  full in 21/22 

Wages are a different matter but doubt the two full backs will be on mega amounts

Edited by terraloon

4 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

No idea what this £45m business is about. 

Telegraph reporting its a free transfer initially, rising to a £10m fee if he makes 20 appearances. 

Quite a remarkable fall from great heights a few seasons ago when he was talked of as a world beater in the making, and £80-90m figures in the media bandied about with top European clubs looking at him. 

Now Levy doesn't even want a fee, but just wants him off the payroll. 

34 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Alex crook. (Lol)

he’s now just said on Talksport he was wrong and he’s actually going for free. Everton pay £10m if he plays a number of appearances. 

He’s probably wrong again, but we shall see.

Amazing he’s managed to blag his way on to talkSPORT to be honest. Imagine hearing the transfer is £45m (to Everton, who are pretty well known to be unable to spend big due to FFP restrictions) and thinking, hang on, that doesn’t sound right…. 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Sky Sports also reporting it as £40m, but structured heavily on appearances. Maybe free initially, but lots of adds on based on appearances and achievements by the sounds of it which could take it up to that level.

BBC saying first installment of £10m is due after 20 appearances, rising to £40m. 2.5 year deal. 

2 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Alex crook. (Lol)

he’s now just said on Talksport he was wrong and he’s actually going for free. Everton pay £10m if he plays a number of appearances. 

He’s probably wrong again, but we shall see.

There is no probably about it, the clown never gets anything right. He might actually take MLGs title B449CB39-9553-4756-BC57-286FCC1E72CA.jpeg.5d37ab99199f492a8212f03e1b20a83b.jpeg

51 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Lol.

I think Everton is done. I don't know what to make of Newcastle, 1) the Media are absolutely thriving on the drama and pantomime, and I'm fairly sure making a lot of stuff up. but 2) They are panicking as they need an attacker and haven't got anyone they've gone in for yet.

That's what happens when you have no clear strategy or targets coming into a window.  But I will say that Newcastle is food and drink for Sky Sports transfer deadline day.

Edited by S-Clarke

47 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Lol.

I think Everton is done. I don't know what to make of Newcastle, 1) the Media are absolutely thriving on the drama and pantomime, and I'm fairly sure making a lot of stuff up. but 2) They are panicking as they need an attacker and haven't got anyone they've gone in for yet.

That's what happens when you have no clear strategy or targets coming into a window.  But I will say that Newcastle is food and drink for Sky Sports transfer deadline day.

Stavely doesn't help herself.  I think it's common knowledge she briefs Luke Edwards every 30 minutes with new links to impress the fans.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Lol.

Goes to show to that even with a bottomless bank account, you still miss out on targets. 

Think it’s hard to have a strategy when it’s the January window.  Even harder when you’re staring relegation in the face.  Although having unlimited funds does help.

All-in-all, I think Newcastle have done a decent job this window.

I would still love it, love it, if they went down though.

• Like 6