Romeu and Grealish incident

Pilchards

5 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

On one of the streams a couple of games ago, Higginbotham I think it was mentioned that in every game he has seen this season we have a player down "injured" between the 60th and 70th minute and we use that time for a breather, to take on fluids and to focus. He reckoned it happened too frequently to be real and was clearly a tactic. Worth keeping an eye on. 

Why have you got a picture of MLG as your avatar?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dorchester Saint said:

I wouldn’t go that far, but I definitely think he should be captain, I’ve always thought it odd that he’s not. 

I'm not sure he's captain material. Never seems to be particularly vocal. He just seems to go out there, puts his head down and gets on with the job he's paid to do and I have to say he does it really well. He never gives less than 100%. He's a brilliant asset to the club and is probably one of the longest serving members of the current squad now. My guess is, he and JWP are probably the first names on the team sheet every week. Personally I think we are very lucky to have him. We missed him terribly when he got injured at Leeds last year.

There again, if JWP was to leave, I guess he could become captain.......at a "pinch".   OH YESSSS!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, kyle04 said:

they bought the wrong player

It always seemed an odd transfer as they were so well stocked in those areas, Mahrez, Silva, Sterling, Torres, Foden, Jesus all have played out wide for them.

What's amazing is they spent £100 million on him and he's done very little for them, had they probably coughed up another £20 million they would have got Kane and would probably be like 20 points clear at the top by now. 

It says a lot for their financial power that they can have a £100 million flop and it barely impacts them.  We had like £60 million worth of flops and it crippled the club for about 4 years. 

-------

As Romeu, from what I have seen in the behind the scenes videos and stuff, he seems quite a quiet person, maybe even a bit shy and reserved, so that is likely why he isn't captain. JWP has got a bit more cocky over the years (probably rightly so) and also seems to always speak very well in interviews etc. plus has been praised for fully grasping the coaches instructions on the pitch and instructing his teammates. I think Oriol just professionally does his job on the pitch with a high level of effectiveness, so I wouldn't want him burdened with additional distractions. 

Edited by tajjuk
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

On one of the streams a couple of games ago, Higginbotham I think it was mentioned that in every game he has seen this season we have a player down "injured" between the 60th and 70th minute and we use that time for a breather, to take on fluids and to focus. He reckoned it happened too frequently to be real and was clearly a tactic. Worth keeping an eye on. 

That's a definite tactic of ours. I read about it in The Athletic a couple of months back, they mentioned always on 60 minutes, and noticed it every game since. In fact he very next game after I read it was on tv, and I couldn't believe how right it was to the extent I rewound to see it again. In that one Tella literally sat down on 59m 57s  (on the on screen timer) whilst we were about to take a goal kick,  and waited another 3 seconds before signalling for assistance . It was almost like he could see the stadium clock and waited for the time to change 🤣

Edited by Wurzel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

My dad played Isthmian League football just after the war and he wouldn’t head a wet leather ball.

( YES  Whitey - it was a man's game in those days, but Ron Davies managed it OK - didn't he ?

Grealish must think that a £100 million price tag has bought him a  " No Foul "  card  and he expects to get away with everything.. 

He won't get much sympathy from some of the more experienced Prem. refs. who know what a real tackle looks like,  and crawling on

the ground  and crying  " Mummy"  will get you nowhere. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Mallagroth said:

Whatever Romeu said must have really got to him over the last few days…

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jack-grealish-shaves-trademark-long-26145961

So the whole thing was girlish asking Oriol for advice on haircuts just a shame Chris Marsden or David Armstrong weren’t in players lounge to help out

I feel a new "anthem" maybe in order for Oriol Romeu. Would love to hear the Northam singing this....not just when we play Man City, but whenever. To the tune of "This old man, he played one, he played nik-nak on my thumb, with a nik-nak paddy whack give the dog a bone.........etc". I'm sure OR would appreciate it.

OR-I-OL  RO-ME-U

OWNS JACK GREALISH DON'T YOU KNOW

WITH A NIK-NAK WHACK A JACK 

HE GAVE THE C**T A COMB

AND TOLD JACK GREALISH TO F**K OFF HOME.    🎵

There.....I feel better for that. 

17 hours ago, Hayling Saint said:

Don't like him, but what a nice touch. Fair play to him.

To be fair, he's got form for this kind of stuff. I actually stopped hating the guy some time ago: Stayed with his boyhood club as long as possible (they may well have wanted to sell him, given £100m was being thrown at them), and he's an immense talent. And he's got form for doing good things with fans. He's often the guy at the end of the game jogging over to give a kid in the crowd his shirt, and sometimes his boots too.

Don't get me wrong, when we play him and he falls down all the time, I call him every name under the sun, but away from the pantomine act, I think he's probably one of the good guys.

His new hair looks shit, though. Actually looked better before!