Russia

whelk

Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales

• Da!
    • Net!

Resignation letter from Victor Orban's advisor. I've never heard off him before but he has a way of makingh a point. 

PM Viktor Orbán's long-time adviser, Zsuzsa Hegedüs resigns, telling his boss in a letter that "I don't know how you didn't notice that you were turning your earlier anti-migrant and anti-Europeanism into a pure Nazi speech worthy of Goebbels".

5 hours ago, skintsaint said:

May be an image of 6 people and text that says "Tell me in one word how the war is going? Good. Tell me in two words. worryc.K. Not good."

I'm sure he's not managed to log on yet, but I guess Lamesaint would say something like this :

On 21/07/2022 at 17:12, Tamesaint said:

Isn't it amusing what the trolling twats consider to be noteworthy.

Unless of course it's wholly acceptable to misrepresent one country's leader (Putin) but not another (Biden) because one is a 'goodie' and the other a 'baddie'.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'm sure he's not managed to log on yet, but I guess Lamesaint would say something like this :

Unless of course it's wholly acceptable to misrepresent one country's leader (Putin) but not another (Biden) because one is a 'goodie' and the other a 'baddie'.

In your post your tried to portray Biden telling people interrupting a speech to be quiet with a senile grandad wandering off confused - which is deliberate misrepresentation (or gullible useful idiot, I'll accept either).  But what is being misrepresented in the Putin pic? 

Edited by buctootim

16 minutes ago, buctootim said:

In your post your tried to portray Biden telling people interrupting a speech to be quiet with a senile grandad wandering off confused - which is deliberate misrepresentation (or gullible useful idiot, I'll accept either).  But what is being misrepresented in the Putin pic? 

Jesus wept, really?

Also, it wasn't my post, it was just one I commented on saying that he looked like a grandad who didn't give a fuck.  Not sure where you are getting 'senile' from, you're either confusing me with another poster or you're just blatantly making shit up to prove some weird point - I'll happily accept an apology for either ;) 

11 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Jesus wept, really?

Also, it wasn't my post, it was just one I commented on saying that he looked like a grandad who didn't give a fuck.  Not sure where you are getting 'senile' from, you're either confusing me with another poster or you're just blatantly making shit up to prove some weird point - I'll happily accept an apology for either ;) 

Nope you were repeating the MAGA sleepy senile Joe trope. Either you knew you were, in which case people can draw relevant conclusions. Or you didnt know in which case the conclusions are worse. Or you are lying. None are good looks   

2 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Nope you were repeating the MAGA sleepy senile Joe trope. Either you knew you were, in which case people can draw relevant conclusions. Or you didnt know in which case the conclusions are worse. Or you are lying. None are good looks   

I referred to him as sleepy Joe. Not sure MAGA has got full ownership of that.  Although I'm sure you'll claim that he's a sprightly young thing.

Again, you're claiming I've mentioned senile which is simply not true.

Not sure why you feel the need the make shit up but if it makes you happy....

7 hours ago, buctootim said:

Resignation letter from Victor Orban's advisor. I've never heard off him before but he has a way of makingh a point. 

PM Viktor Orbán's long-time adviser, Zsuzsa Hegedüs resigns, telling his boss in a letter that "I don't know how you didn't notice that you were turning your earlier anti-migrant and anti-Europeanism into a pure Nazi speech worthy of Goebbels".

She unresigned two days later so let’s not give her too much praise…

5 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I referred to him as sleepy Joe. Not sure MAGA has got full ownership of that.  Although I'm sure you'll claim that he's a sprightly young thing.

Again, you're claiming I've mentioned senile which is simply not true.

Not sure why you feel the need the make shit up but if it makes you happy....

Blimey. You can't even convincingly defend your trolling now. You really are going to have to return to trolling school . 😘

• Like 1

Not going well for the USA, expect them to open a 2nd front as a distraction to extradite themselves from Ukraine by end of September, EU has already rowed back most of the sanctions on Russian oil, gas, food, and fertilizer, the only oil sanction remaining regards insurance for shipping Russian Oil to the UK. 

Germany will certify Nord stream2 this winter, they did request its construction and pay for half of it, after all.  They are a bit hamstrung by their looney Green Party, but I imagine the Auto industry's imminent collapse will quieten them for a while.

Likely victims of US intervention for distraction would be Azerbaijan, Serbia & Syria.

12 hours ago, Killers Knee said:

Not going well for the USA, expect them to open a 2nd front as a distraction to extradite themselves from Ukraine by end of September, EU has already rowed back most of the sanctions on Russian oil, gas, food, and fertilizer, the only oil sanction remaining regards insurance for shipping Russian Oil to the UK. 

Germany will certify Nord stream2 this winter, they did request its construction and pay for half of it, after all.  They are a bit hamstrung by their looney Green Party, but I imagine the Auto industry's imminent collapse will quieten them for a while.

Likely victims of US intervention for distraction would be Azerbaijan, Serbia & Syria.

Ukrainians have paid dearly for this ridiculous proxy war

12 hours ago, Killers Knee said:

Has somebody been listening to a podcast?

15 hours ago, Killers Knee said:

That's a laughably naive thought process. There's been conflict in Syria and between Azerbaijan and Armenia for years now, gernerally no one gives a damn and the US will not step in directly anyway. The Serbia/Kosovo situation is calming down now, and there are still KFOR/NATO troops in Kosovo. You can't have it both ways, to say the US wanted this "proxy" war by provoking Russia (for years) then say they now want out after less than 6 months of throwing money (and little else) at it. After the Afghanistan debacle it would not be in the US interest to abandon Ukraine any time soon.

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Yet again you show how much of a prat you are.

Presumably the Ukrainians should have just given up without firing a shot ?

He won’t be able to understand any attitude that isn’t pant pissing cowardly. A very weak person

21 hours ago, Killers Knee said:

Pretty disgusting to imply that Ukraine are fighting because the USA want them to, and not because Russian forces have illegally invaded, and are murdering, torturing, and raping men, women and children in Ukraine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy_D said:

Pretty disgusting to imply that Ukraine are fighting because the USA want them to, and not because Russian forces have illegally invaded, and are murdering, torturing, and raping men, women and children in Ukraine.

You get this s**t all the time on social media, mainly from the trolls but occasionally from some "academic" types with an axe to grind. US puppet, biolabs, NATO expansion, Nazis, proxy war, large bowl of porridge etc etc. It's well documented that Putin, Medvedev and associated members of the Kremlin asylum want to restore the former glory of the USSR, in whose view the former SSR's have no legitimacy as independent countries. Ukraine was to be first, taken in 2 weeks, just to show the west how powerful Russia is, and despite the debacle this is turning out to be, they're still peddling these ambitions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy_D said:

A child at my school lost their grandparents in the early stages of the war because they didn't want to leave their homes. Not a refugee, a child who has joint russian/ukrainian heritage, don't you dare ask them what they now feel more affinity to.

The mindless b*llocks that some come out with is staggering.

Edited by Colinjb
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

A child at my school lost their grandparents in the early stages of the war because they didn't want to leave their homes. Not a refugee, a child who has joint russian/ukrainian heritage, don't you dare ask them what they now feel more affinity to.

The mindless b*llocks that some come out with is staggering.

This has happened on countless occasions in Ukraine, where people have refused to leave their homes (mainly older people), despite the looming danger of Russian artillery, they felt that this is their home and they have nowhere else to go, the Ukrainian soldiers would have ensured their safe passage but they were too proud of their modest few square feet of Ukrainian soil. I think Ukraine is starting to be a little stricter regarding evacuation from areas under threat, harsh but necessary.

Amnesty International condemnation of Ukrainians putting residents at risk. What sort of idiot would ever donate to such a stupid organisation. It shouldn’t be as cause is noble but who can respect their findings and this is another example?

Edited by whelk

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Amnesty International condemnation of Ukrainians putting residents at risk. What sort of idiot would ever donate to such a stupid organisation. It shouldn’t be as cause is noble but who can respect their findings and this is another example?

The Ukrainian based representitive of Amnesty wasn't even consulted, and has resigned. I'm sure there's more to it than just the headline but have these people been following the war at all, or just bought into Russia's excuses for shelling residential buildings en masse. This has backfired on them, I think most people instead of condemning Ukraine are pouring scorn on Amnesty, decades of good work undone by one stupid report.

Edited by kyle04

1 hour ago, kyle04 said:

The Ukrainian based representitive of Amnesty wasn't even consulted, and has resigned. I'm sure there's more to it than just the headline but have these people been following the war at all, or just bought into Russia's excuses for shelling residential buildings en masse. This has backfired on them, I think most people instead of condemning Ukraine are pouring scorn on Amnesty, decades of good work undone by one stupid report.

Looks mostly subjective bollocks https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-releases/ukraine-military-endangering-civilians-locating-forces-residential-areas-new

24 minutes ago, whelk said:

What a crock of shite. I suppose Amnesty would like the Ukrainian forces to relocate to open fields, wave at the Russian drones yelling "over here". What their report failed to mention is that genarally Russia haven't got a f*****g clue where AFU are gathered, they don't have the technology. Russia's missile strikes are hit and hope, at best.  It's been the case that when a village or town is threatened by Russian advances, Ukrainian soldiers have done their best to warn/evacuate civilians, and in some cases have withdrawn altogether to avoid civilian casualties (Lysychansk would be an example IMO). Amnesty are little more the Putin shills now.

• Haha 1

On 06/08/2022 at 17:33, whelk said:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2022/08/ukraine-ukrainian-fighting-tactics-endanger-civilians/

There are plenty of Amnesty reports criticising Russia as the invading aggressors. Doesn't mean Ukrainian armed forces are beyond reproach. 

• Haha 1

It didn't though did it, and Amnesty have since issued a half arsed appology:

Amnesty regrets 'distress' caused by report rebuking Ukraine (msn.com)

As for the war boner tag it's a little boring now, if you think the Amnesty report is OK given the level of devastation Russia have inflicted on Ukraine and the numerous war crimes committed by Russia you really do have a warped sense of reality. 

11 hours ago, Jonnyboy said:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2022/08/ukraine-ukrainian-fighting-tactics-endanger-civilians/

There are plenty of Amnesty reports criticising Russia as the invading aggressors. Doesn't mean Ukrainian armed forces are beyond reproach. 

Bloody difficult to defend your territory against unwarranted aggression if you can't put your troops within 2 kilometers of a civilian's house. I really don't see the point of Amnesty's "research". As the Ukrainian officials said, it's a propaganda coup for Russia - who, by the way, don't seem to have a problem parking their missiles pointy end first in blocks of Ukrainian flats that have no military significance, or presence.

Of course your solution would be for Ukraine to give up.

Edited by badgerx16

5 hours ago, buctootim said:

This guy who is a UN war crimes investigator thinks Amnesty failed to understand the law. 

All Amnesty have done is give Russia an open invitation to shell residential areas with a ready made justification.

The MSM is now supporting western govts to drop Ukraine like a hot potato in September

• Amnesty international
  • Ukrainians shelling Atomic powerstation
  • Ukrainians fleeing to Russia, as Ukraine has lost (CNN)
  • 30% of US/EU arms make it to frontline (CNN)

Now expect negative news about Ukraine/Zelensky in western MSM to build.

5 hours ago, Killers Knee said:

The MSM is now supporting western govts to drop Ukraine like a hot potato in September

• Amnesty international

I guess Russian shills were always going to get a fair bit of mileage out of that utter garbage that AI released.

Meanwhile in the real world, even people within AI have critisized their stance, and they've tried to do some damage control by putting out that Russia's invasion is completely without any justification. Donations to AI have dropped through the floor since that report as everyone can see it's victim blaming. Ukraine has been defending where Russia has been illegally invading. Russia has been targeting civilian areas regardless of the presence of Ukraine military.

MSM is also reporting that the US has just approved $1B to Ukraine, the biggest package approved yet, that Germany has ruled out reviving Nord Stream 2, and that breakdowns of Russian equipment have shown it almost without fail to be reliant on Western components, that are now under sanctions, inaccessible through legal channels. They might still have some limited access through black and grey markets, but nowhere near the levels they need them to be.

Russia themselves are reporting that their S-300 AA systems are being targeted, and it doesn't look like it's HIMARS or similar systems that are doing it. There's a lot of speculation that Ukraine has quietly recieved HARM systems, and as a result the balance of air power over the front line is tipping towards Ukraine. Between the increasing levels of Western support for Ukraine, and the increasingly degraded state of Russia's forces, this is increasingly becoming an asymmetric fight where Ukraine has abilities that Russia doesn't have, and has no counter for.

7 hours ago, Killers Knee said:

• Amnesty international

Yeah mate - remember to come back and gloat about how bang on you were.

2 hours ago, Jimmy_D said:

I guess Russian shills were always going to get a fair bit of mileage out of that utter garbage that AI released.

Meanwhile in the real world, even people within AI have critisized their stance, and they've tried to do some damage control by putting out that Russia's invasion is completely without any justification. Donations to AI have dropped through the floor since that report as everyone can see it's victim blaming. Ukraine has been defending where Russia has been illegally invading. Russia has been targeting civilian areas regardless of the presence of Ukraine military.

MSM is also reporting that the US has just approved $1B to Ukraine, the biggest package approved yet, that Germany has ruled out reviving Nord Stream 2, and that breakdowns of Russian equipment have shown it almost without fail to be reliant on Western components, that are now under sanctions, inaccessible through legal channels. They might still have some limited access through black and grey markets, but nowhere near the levels they need them to be.

Russia themselves are reporting that their S-300 AA systems are being targeted, and it doesn't look like it's HIMARS or similar systems that are doing it. There's a lot of speculation that Ukraine has quietly recieved HARM systems, and as a result the balance of air power over the front line is tipping towards Ukraine. Between the increasing levels of Western support for Ukraine, and the increasingly degraded state of Russia's forces, this is increasingly becoming an asymmetric fight where Ukraine has abilities that Russia doesn't have, and has no counter for.

And you can be sure whenever Russia bomb shopping malls and other civilian targets they will be referencing Amnesty’s report.  Fucking idiots and credibility lost now on any other reports although sound like they won’t be able to fund so many now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Killers Knee said:

• Amnesty international

1) The Ai report was a disgraceful sham, a coup for Putin, and they are rapidly distancing themselves from it.

2) The Russians are using the nuclear plant as a 'shield' to protect their artillery from heavy retaliatory fire.

3) Try actually reading the CNN report and understanding what pressures are influencing those interviewed, and why they found the route to Russia was their only safe way out of a war zone.

If Ukraine are losing, how much territory have they lost in the last month ?

4) In which case God help the Russkies when Ukraine get their logistics properly organised. The 30% claim was made by a CBS associate, which reported that Ukraine was selling the weapons on the black market - CBS have since wihdrawn the original piece as it related to claims made early on in the supply of US weapons, and CBS are now "updating the story" to better reflect the situation as it is today.

Still, you keep on being an obedient little shill, copying and pasting snippets and headlines taken completely out of context.

Edited by badgerx16

9 hours ago, Jimmy_D said:

There's a lot of speculation that Ukraine has quietly recieved HARM systems, and as a result the balance of air power over the front line is tipping towards Ukraine.

Yep :

https://www.kyivpost.com/russias-war/pentagon-confirms-ukraine-has-high-tech-harm-missiles-17-kremlin-anti-air-systems-reportedly-hit.html

Theres been a  few "explosions" at Russian bases recently, well over 120km from the front lines...

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

Russian air base in Crimea going up in smoke:

Probably self inflicted. I don't think Ukraine are yet in a position to directly target territory that Russia annexed in 2014 and views as it's own. ( Unlike DPR and LPR which are 'independent' self governing puppets ). They have the means, but would they risk the possible retaliation ?

( Also, it can't be Ukraine because, as the post above informed us, Ukraine has already lost the war. )

Edited by badgerx16

Ukraine claiming it was their strike, Russia saying only munitions had gone up, there's footage of destroyed aircraft though. There was a very large detonation in any case :

Reports of many people fleeing into Russia over the Kerch bridge.

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Probably self inflicted. I don't think Ukraine are yet in a position to directly target territory that Russia annexed in 2014 and views as it's own. ( Unlike DPR and LPR which are 'independent' self governing puppets ). They have the means, but would they risk the possible retaliation ?

( Also, it can't be Ukraine because, as the post above informed us, Ukraine has already lost the war. )

Not likely to be self inflicted.

On 08/08/2022 at 23:54, Killers Knee said:

• Amnesty international

Any updates? Any links? 

Hmmmm, looks a bit close to a civilian area to me, I’m sure Amnesty will post a statement soon about how unwise it is to station their planes there.

On another note, Russians have had their holidays ruined and are now fleeing in their thousands across the bridge towards Rostov. Boo-f**king-hoo

Edit: wish they’d HIMARS that Kerch bridge next, make all the c**ts drive back up through the Ukrainian mainland and what’s left of Mariupol. Then they could tell everyone what it’s really like when they get back to Russia.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Hmmmm, looks a bit close to a civilian area to me, I’m sure Amnesty will post a statement soon about how unwise it is to station their planes there.

On another note, Russians have had their holidays ruined and are now fleeing in their thousands across the bridge towards Rostov. Boo-f**king-hoo

Edit: wish they’d HIMARS that Kerch bridge next, make all the c**ts drive back up through the Ukrainian mainland and what’s left of Mariupol. Then they could tell everyone what it’s really like when they get back to Russia.

Always some twat driving a van like a prick no matter where in the world!