Russia

whelk

Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales

• Da!
    • Net!

Quite how representitive these videos are is hard to say. The 1st video are mainly young people and kids, who call the Ukrainian "khokol", a racial slur in Russian. The people featured in the 2nd seem to think that Ukraine should be ruled by Russia as it was before (USSR though). They do seem quite a hateful bunch. I did feel a little sympathy for "ordinary" Russians who may be suffering due the sanctions, but now I think fuck em all.

More diplomatic staff expelled today from Germany and France, Russia blaming the Busha atrocities on staged Ukrainian attacks on their own people after the Russians had left the area and still maintaining they're not targeting civilian buildings, if it wasn't so tragic it would be comical, I really don't know how Lavrov can spout this bollocks with a straight face.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kyle04 said:

Russia blaming the Busha atrocities on staged Ukrainian attacks on their own people after the Russians had left the area and still maintaining they're not targeting civilian buildings,

Unfortunately for Russia, satellite images show the bodies been laying there a while apparently.

China now circulating Russian claims that all staged in Bucha. FFS if we had social media after discovering Auschwitz there would be the allies staged this bs. Sickening.

Also some Trump supporter saying rather have Putin as here president than Biden. I know outliers but fucking hell society is getting depressing

• Like 1

On 03/04/2022 at 13:22, sadoldgit said:

Hopefully now we will hear no more claims from Russian soldiers who claim that  they thought they were carrying out exercises.

When are your Ukranian refugees arriving at your house Soggy? I thouht you and aintclever would be at the front of the queue to give up room in your homes.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

When are your Ukranian refugees arriving at your house Soggy? I thouht you and aintclever would be at the front of the queue to give up room in your homes.

TBF, they would still be stuck in Poland waiting for visas.

• Like 1

Who rapes a 3 year old and piles her body, hands tied, on top of her families? Who burns four raped women?

I used to think the Russian atrocities in Germany were the product of five years of brutal war where people had lost their humanity. This happened a couple of weeks into an invasion they started.  

https://twitter.com/Mariana_Betsa/status/1510966912724963328?s=20&t=RqKar0mLH3xtVVxGFIe-jg

Edited by buctootim

20 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Who rapes a 3 year old and piles her body, hands tied, on top of her families? Who burns four raped women?

I used to think the Russian atrocities in Germany were the product of five years of brutal war where people had lost their humanity. This happened a couple of weeks into an invasion they started.  

https://twitter.com/Mariana_Betsa/status/1510966912724963328?s=20&t=RqKar0mLH3xtVVxGFIe-jg

That's horrific

• Like 1

Probably already mentioned but it is really really unfortunate that Le Tiss has fully gone nuts with his conspiracy theory bullshit. Now seemingly suggesting that Bucha is faked (as per the Russian propaganda). 

Putin will probably 'get away' with it, as he will likely never be brought in front of a War Crimes tribunal at the Hague - however there are increasing rumours that his health is not good. As Chaplin says in the Great Dictator - all dictators die.

39 minutes ago, buctootim said:

That is barbaric. Seriously fucked up behaviour. 

5 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

Probably already mentioned but it is really really unfortunate that Le Tiss has fully gone nuts with his conspiracy theory bullshit. Now seemingly suggesting that Bucha is faked (as per the Russian propaganda). 

Putin will probably 'get away' with it, as he will likely never be brought in front of a War Crimes tribunal at the Hague - however there are increasing rumours that his health is not good. As Chaplin says in the Great Dictator - all dictators die.

To be honest, I couldn't give a monkeys what Le Tiss thinks. I'm more concerned about what sensible thinking people in the West do. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

Honestly, I’ve got to the point where I can’t even enjoy his goals anymore because of how much of a c*nt he is. It would be like trying to enjoy an R Kelly or Lostprophets album. I try not to pay attention but his posts sometimes pop up at the top of my Twitter feed in the ‘people you follow also follow…’ bit.

Innocent civilians being raped and butchered just for being there, at the hands of a foreign regime which claims they have no right to exist. Tiss’ take on it all… "wHaT abOuT hUNteR BIdEn’s LapToP?!"

D*ckhead.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, buctootim said:

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. That is truly terrible.

It's time the west stopped worrying about Russia's nuke threats and stepped up the supply of proper offensive weapons. Genocide has got to be a red line.

Also countries like China, India and Pakistan have got to be told to pick a side. As long as Putin has allies, sanctions can only achieve so much.

• Like 1

They really are the scum of the earth aren't they? More of this to come I fear as towns and villages are cleared. This wasn't done by random conscripts on the rampage, the mass grave discovered in Bucha indicates a systematic genocide on orders. I think regardless of the eventual outcome in Ukraine, Russia must now be treated like North Korea for decades to come. If China, Pakistan, India et al continue to prop them up then fuck them too, I'd rather be poorer than help fill the coffers of the Kremlin.

Our politicians reaction will be stock soundbites and little else (shocked, appalled, held to account, ramp up sanctions, doing all we can etc). As for LeTiss, what fucking planet is he living on? Another witless useful idiot he'd be if anyone actually gave a fuck what he thinks.

• Like 4

Like others I gave MLT a pass over Covid but he has really lost the plot big time and is making David Icke look rational. I supported him when some were calling for him to be kicked out of being an ambassador for the club, but he can seriously do one now. 
At what point are the West going to do something more substantial to stand up to this genocide? NATO or no NATO, at what point does intervention based on a humanitarian basis kick in? Give them tanks, planes, what ever they need FFS.

As for you Turkish, I saw your post quoted on another post. You really are a deeply troubled individual aren’t you? Only you could post such a crass comment on a thread like this. Perhaps save your childish attempts at point scoring jibes for less serious threads?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Like others I gave MLT a pass over Covid but he has really lost the plot big time and is making David Icke look rational. I supported him when some were calling for him to be kicked out of being an ambassador for the club, but he can seriously do one now. 
At what point are the West going to do something more substantial to stand up to this genocide? NATO or no NATO, at what point does intervention based on a humanitarian basis kick in? Give them tanks, planes, what ever they need FFS.

As for you Turkish, I saw your post quoted on another post. You really are a deeply troubled individual aren’t you? Only you could post such a crass comment on a thread like this. Perhaps save your childish attempts at point scoring jibes for less serious threads?

Ok I read his tweets and he actually appears to be pro Russia?

What in the holy hell? He’s totally lost it at this point.

7 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

Ok I read his tweets and he actually appears to be pro Russia?

What in the holy hell? He’s totally lost it at this point.

He lost it long ago. Seems he's fallen hook, line and sinker for the Qanon conspiracy bollocks.

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Honestly, I’ve got to the point where I can’t even enjoy his goals anymore because of how much of a c*nt he is. It would be like trying to enjoy an R Kelly or Lostprophets album. I try not to pay attention but his posts sometimes pop up at the top of my Twitter feed in the ‘people you follow also follow…’ bit.

Innocent civilians being raped and butchered just for being there, at the hands of a foreign regime which claims they have no right to exist. Tiss’ take on it all… "wHaT abOuT hUNteR BIdEn’s LapToP?!"

D*ckhead.

Totally agree. Big nosed dickhead and thick as mince

I always had a problem with Russians. Always stemmed from running into them in places like Egypt and Turkey. A bigger bunch of entitled pricks you could never meet. I know it’s a generalization and a bit hypocritical as a liberal minded sort but I cannot fucking stand them.

War is a cruel, nasty business and once engaged forgives these sort of behaviors that are unacceptable in civilized society.

Can you imagine if Jim down the street did this? He would be hunted down by the town and burned at the stake. These fuckers cannot be allowed to get away with it. The fact that these people exist and wait for these opportunities to express this evil is unbelievable.

I hope the Ukrainians wipe every single one of them off the map.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

More than once you've asked this question, however, the answer still remains the same.  Uless / until this spills over into a NATO country (very unlikely to happen), the 'West' will not intervene any more than they are right now.

43 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

More than once you've asked this question, however, the answer still remains the same.  Uless / until this spills over into a NATO country (very unlikely to happen), the 'West' will not intervene any more than they are right now.

Zelensky is right though. What is the fucking point of the UN if they are powerless to stop such atrocities.?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Zelensky is right though. What is the fucking point of the UN if they are powerless to stop such atrocities.?

The UN can, and do, act. Just not when one of the 5 permanent members of the Security Council is involved.

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

The UN can, and do, act. Just not when one of the 5 permanent members of the Security Council is involved.

Yea of course but waste of time convening and debating when so stymied. 

• Like 1

Just now, whelk said:

Yea of course but waste of time convening and debating when so stymied. 

There should be a process whereby the full Council of the UN can convene and over rule a Security Council veto with a given majority, say 80% of member countries.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Course you did.I take you aren't doing it then. How is it crass to suggest that you offer your home to refugees? As i said i assumed you would have already done it, so if anything it shows the high esteem i hold you in. Too bad you decided to be offended again. 😞 

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

There should be a process whereby the full Council of the UN can convene and over rule a Security Council veto with a given majority, say 80% of member countries.

100% this. As long as aggressors can veto moves against their own aggressive actions the UN will always be hamstrung and unable to act to stop similar acts.

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

The Czechs are sending T-72s and BMP-1s to Ukraine, Sweden is intending to send a number of their BMP-1 clones, and Germany is to approve the export, via a private dealer, of former East German BMPs.

It's a start, the Czech kit is outdated but still useful in the right hands. I've bored you before with this but right now, as Russia regroups, Ukraine need air defense systems , heavy artillery/MRL's and drones by the dozen from the west if we won't give them aircraft. Russia can just pick them off from secure positions with missiles and air strikes, and can still devastate cities like Kyiv and even Lviv from afar. After the recent shocking images from Bucha I think the west need to up their game. The UN is a dead duck with Russia able to veto anything it chooses, a nice idea forged from the old League of Nations but in this situation little more than a talking shop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

100% this. As long as aggressors can veto moves against their own aggressive actions the UN will always be hamstrung and unable to act to stop similar acts.

You think the US or China would ever allow this reform? It’s not only Russia who abuse the veto power.

1 hour ago, farawaysaint said:

You think the US or China would ever allow this reform? It’s not only Russia who abuse the veto power.

It’s time all of the big powers put their big boy pants on and realised that, if the UN is ever going to be as influential as it should be, they are going to have to make some very grown up decisions. There have been countless wars and conflicts since the end of WW2. It is is everyone’s interest to live in peace and to get along with each other. This means dealing with issues through the UN and abiding by its decisions. The more the UN has the power to deal with international issues the less we need to rely on NATO and nukes. I realise it is a big ask, but if the UN had real power and the ability to bring some kind of United crippling sanctions to any country stepping out of line we would all be in a better place. Putin wouldn’t need his “buffer states” and would have no cause to worry about supposed aggression and expansion from NATO. We now have more countries wanted to sign up to NATO which will only cause more tension between the West, Russia and China. We need to find another, better way.

10 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

It’s time all of the big powers put their big boy pants on and realised that, if the UN is ever going to be as influential as it should be, they are going to have to make some very grown up decisions. There have been countless wars and conflicts since the end of WW2. It is is everyone’s interest to live in peace and to get along with each other. This means dealing with issues through the UN and abiding by its decisions. The more the UN has the power to deal with international issues the less we need to rely on NATO and nukes. I realise it is a big ask, but if the UN had real power and the ability to bring some kind of United crippling sanctions to any country stepping out of line we would all be in a better place. Putin wouldn’t need his “buffer states” and would have no cause to worry about supposed aggression and expansion from NATO. We now have more countries wanted to sign up to NATO which will only cause more tension between the West, Russia and China. We need to find another, better way.

Wait until Soggy finds out that Putin can't even be prosecuted for his war crimes, he may well explode.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-60690688

6 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Maybe if not a NATO or UN thing, maybe the EU need to act being on their doorstep and all.

The problem is that almost all EU members are also members of NATO and any more overt military assistance would be claimed as evidence of NATO aggression by Putin.

37 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

The problem is that almost all EU members are also members of NATO and any more overt military assistance would be claimed as evidence of NATO aggression by Putin.

Whilst this is a problem, you can't just let Putin, or any scumbag get away with this by using the get out of jail free card of 'see told you they were the aggressors' if anyone dares comes to the defence of a country being invaded and war crimes are being committed.  One of 2 things will likely happen, Putin will get his land bridge to Crimea, or the West will be drawn into a war with Russia, I think the maniac would be happy with either.  I just can't see how Putin will step back now, he has too much to lose and I can see him thinking if I go I'll take the West with me.

1 hour ago, Millbrook Saint said:

Whilst this is a problem, you can't just let Putin, or any scumbag get away with this by using the get out of jail free card of 'see told you they were the aggressors' if anyone dares comes to the defence of a country being invaded and war crimes are being committed.  One of 2 things will likely happen, Putin will get his land bridge to Crimea, or the West will be drawn into a war with Russia, I think the maniac would be happy with either.  I just can't see how Putin will step back now, he has too much to lose and I can see him thinking if I go I'll take the West with me.

We are definitely edging closer to it. NATO countries are doing a lot of things under the table and dont want them publicly announced. For example both the Czech Republic and Poland have agreed to repair damaged or broken down Ukrainian military equipment ay workshops and factories in their countries. Arguably that makes them more likely to be targets. 

Probably not a full on declared war but clashes and special forces deployed, ultimately with the aim of showing Putin he can't win. The big question is how much of Ukraine, if any, Putin gets to keep and whether there are any Russian (or channeled through China) funds to rebuild   

10 minutes ago, buctootim said:

No idea how accurate this is - but if even close it shows the inadequacy of western supplies of major arms to Ukraine.

FPn0YlfXIAYUH5-.jpg

This is one of the reasons why I think Putin will get his land bridge, either that or we'll all be getting involved, there's no way Ukraine can keep this up long term, no matter how well they're fighting Russia will just wear them down with a war of attrition, unless of course we significantly increase the supplies to them.  All the while Germany and the EU are still funding Russia's genocide machine with billions of dollars for gas and oil supplies, they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves

4 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

This is one of the reasons why I think Putin will get his land bridge, either that or we'll all be getting involved, there's no way Ukraine can keep this up long term, no matter how well they're fighting Russia will just wear them down with a war of attrition, unless of course we significantly increase the supplies to them.  All the while Germany and the EU are still funding Russia's genocide machine with billions of dollars for gas and oil supplies, they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves

It is comparatively easy for the UK to remove Russian energy supplies from it's services. It is also easy for us, on our anti-Eu Brexit island, to criticise European countries that are far more heavily dependent on those same Russian fuels. Where is the evidence that the UK is providing assistance to countries such as Germany to help them wean themselves off the Russian gas and oil, or should we simply continue to sit back and criticise ?

18 minutes ago, buctootim said:

No idea how accurate this is - but if even close it shows the inadequacy of western supplies of major arms to Ukraine.

FPn0YlfXIAYUH5-.jpg

I would take the Russian MOD figures with a very large pinch of salt. This site has been linked before :

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html?m=1

It lists each sides losses with photographic evidence of each entry, although as it states the actual losses will be higher than documented but there's an enormous discrepency in the figures for the Ukrainian losses, but the Russian losses are quite close to these figures. The Russians claim to have lost about 1500 men so far, the actual figure is probably anywhere between 12,000 to 18,000 dead alone. Aside from that, around half of "lost" Russian equipment has been captured by Ukraine, they have more stuff now than they started with with the exception or aircraft and ships.

9 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

I would take the Russian MOD figures with a very large pinch of salt. This site has been linked before :

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html?m=1

It lists each sides losses with photographic evidence of each entry, although as it states the actual losses will be higher than documented but there's an enormous discrepency in the figures for the Ukrainian losses, but the Russian losses are quite close to these figures. The Russians claim to have lost about 1500 men so far, the actual figure is probably anywhere between 12,000 to 18,000 dead alone. Aside from that, around half of "lost" Russian equipment has been captured by Ukraine, they have more stuff now than they started with with the exception or aircraft and ships.

Absolutely, worth noting that the Russian MOD was subject to considerable ridicule when they claimed to have destroyed a greater number of planes than Ukraine actually has. Given there are still propaganda shots of Ukraine pilots in flight they still have some form of Air Force though I imagine numbers are indeed greatly reduced.

17 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

It's really chilling to think this was published by Russian state media...

https://medium.com/@kravchenko_mm/what-should-russia-do-with-ukraine-translation-of-a-propaganda-article-by-a-russian-journalist-a3e92e3cb64

Mad to think that many (including MLT) believe the BBC and other western MSM is just as bad.

I read that the other day ( i occasionally look at Russian sites to see what they're saying). We've moved beyond Godwin's law in that you can now not only legitimately compare part of Russian society to the Nazis, but in fact they've gone beyond them. The Nazis 'only' killed defined minorities. This section of Russia wants to kill anybody who wants to be a citizen of an independent Ukrainian.  Mainstream tv presenters openly talk about wiping out Ukraine and Poland and the Baltics, cleaning up Europe then obliterating the US. Its gone full on Loony Tunes. 

I don't know what the solution is - but unless Putin and his regime is toppled soon AND is replaced by somebody who isnt a clone, or the Russian economy totally implodes then I think we are going to have to fight - either this year or next.   

30 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

It is comparatively easy for the UK to remove Russian energy supplies from it's services. It is also easy for us, on our anti-Eu Brexit island, to criticise European countries that are far more heavily dependent on those same Russian fuels. Where is the evidence that the UK is providing assistance to countries such as Germany to help them wean themselves off the Russian gas and oil, or should we simply continue to sit back and criticise ?

I have little sympathy for the Germans or the EU for that matter, they were warned that they were too reliant on Russian oil and gas and they're opening themselves to being blackmailed and so it's transpired, unfortunately the guy warning them was Trump so they just laughed at him.  Goes to show, don't play the man, play the ball.

21 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Mainstream tv presenters openly talk about wiping out Ukraine and Poland and the Baltics, cleaning up Europe then obliterating the US. Its gone full on Loony Tunes. 

Yet they 'still' haven't secured Mariupol even after being surrounded for weeks 😅

2 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Yet they 'still' haven't secured Mariupol even after being surrounded for weeks 😅

They mean nukes - that's how far gone they are. I mean it's (hopefully) still a minority view, but one Putin does nothing to rein in and probably encourages.      

Unless I'm misreading that post, isn't it Russia's total military inventory worldwide, as opposed to their deployment in Ukraine? Furthermore, it's also just as list of produced units which may or may not be serviceable.

Russia's defence budget is basically equal to our own. Officially it's a couple of billion more but a lot of that will disappear down the well of bureaucracy, bribery and wastage with Putin's cronies at the helm. Russia claims to have 1,400 aircraft but we can just about keep 1/3 of that up to date and airworthy on a similar budget.

If they have lost 150 aircraft in a month, that's a pretty big deal, bearing in mind they have to keep enough in reserve to defend the largest airspace in the world, from the coasts of Japan and Alaska all the way to the NATO border.